April 16, 2014 | 903 users online

Treatments - L'Oreal - Advanced Haircare Total Repair Extreme Emergency Recovery Mask

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2014 3:22:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like that this comes in a tube instead of a jar. If you like the damage balm, which this is almost similar to, then this is a step up from that. It has great slip and you only need to use a little bit or else it will weigh your hair down if you have hair on the fine to medium side. It made my hair very shiny and smooth with good curl definition at the ends. It has a pleasant scent and a light creamy consistency. It softens without making my hair fuzzy looking when it air-dries. I am growing out my hair and this does a good job of keeping my ends healthy. The matching conditioner is also pretty good if you have no problems with protein. I found my tube at Walgreens on sale for three dollars and sometimes you can get these on sale. I have yet to try the shampoo but will probably check that out soon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Over the weekend, I had colored my hair and then added highlights, so it was feeling rather 'crunchy' and parched. I picked this up at CVS last night, what caught my eye was the words 'Extreme Emergency' hey, I'm all for that - sounds like a serious product- and that it was new (I love trying all the new beauty products when they come out).
I used it this morning and it felt different from most conditioners once I put it on my hair, it's like your hair just drinks it in- it isn't slimy and slippery like most conditioners. I left it in about three minutes and rinsed, and I was like "Hey, this feels like it's actually done something, here." It was like my hair was thirsty and this stuff was water. It made it very smooth, not so much soft, but made it feel stronger and it looked less damaged. So I'm impressed with this. Also CVS has it on sale for $6.00, and I used a $2.00 coupon from the Sunday newspaper, so for four bucks- it's a steal for this gem!
My hair is fine, thin and shoulder length and it did not weigh it down - so another plus!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2014 1:32:00 AM More reviews by Cameesan

I tend to be a little cautious with mask treatments because of the density of the product and it's sulfate content; with this dilemma I normally go to my salon and they apply it for me. According to the stylist; she said the product smelled clean and it was dense, not to mention affordable. She applied a little amount with my hair even if I have a thick hair, because it was thick. But before the application of the mask she showered my hair with the Total Repair 5 Shampoo by L'oreal but skipped the conditioner because she wanted to fine out if it really does work... She set it with the hot steamer on my hair for 15-20 mins with a clean wrap; second, she took out the steamer and the clean wrap then she massaged my scalp and left it set again for 5 mins; thirdly, she then rinse it off with a cold shower thoroughly until the bubbles in my hair are gone; lastly, she then blowed dry my hair and applied the Total Repair 5 Serum in my hair. It left me feeling light, with a clean scent, and my hair was really smooth. I recommend to apply the mask twice a month.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 8:26:00 PM More reviews by perfumefiend

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Picked this up and like the review beneath mine states, I didn't expect anything spectacular.
After using this for 2 weeks (a total of 3 times), I have noticed a nice difference in my hair and especially at the ends. My hair seems to curl better with a curling iron after using this. I also use L'oreal Elnett hairspray.
The texture of this mask is smooth and has nice oily feeling. Not a weigh down oily, I can't really explain it but I like it. It washes out well.
In addition to this mask I purchased an oil from L'oreal and will also post a review on it as well.
To sim it up I really like this product and I will purchase it before I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2014 6:42:00 AM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I really didn't expect anything out of this product, I figured that it was your typical weekly deep conditioning type of treatment. Well so far I have used it once and my hair feels completely different even though it has been 3 days since I used it. I plan on taking the advice on the tube and using it once per week.

I applied to my hair, left it on for about 3 minutes and rinsed. I used my regular shampoo prior and skipped my regular conditioner. After using this my hair felt transformed in an awesome way. It has felt so much softer and tangle free. I've been completely floored that this effect hasn't just disappeared after the next shampoo. I keep thinking "what did this do to my hair" in the best way possible.

I have really fine hair that needs a lot of repair. I've had a lot of luck by adding some protein treatments into my routine which has made the biggest difference but after just one use this mask seems to be doing something as well, so I plan to use it weekly and see what happens. Will update accordingly.

Because the mask has been so awesome I am now curious about the shampoo and conditioner from this line.

The mask is super affordable as well... around $5 a tube which is amazing considering it actually does something dramatic to my hair.

Update: If you're wondering how this is going, I have used it every week since I bought it. I am extremely happy with what it does. It leaves my hair softer and in better health and the added softness effect easily lasts for 4 days after using it, almost until it is time to use it again! Using this along with some leave in protectants, I do believe my hair is slowly but surely getting back into better health. Now if I can just avoid the urge to color or use too much heat.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No