August 27, 2014 | 997 users online

Pressed Powders - Chanel - poudre universelle pressed

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by GirlyGirl143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

First, let me say that I felt the urge to splurge and treated myself to Chanel (a brand I do not buy as often as I would like to). This is a limited edition pressed powder that is part of the new spring collection. It is translucent pale pink in color with subtle shimmer that is not noticeable once all over your face. It takes away the shine from your makeup without looking overly "matte." It is truly very pretty.

I gave 3 lippies not because of performance but because it contains fragrance. That is a pet peeve of a mine as I just don't see why fragrance needs to be in cosmetics. It is just bad for your skin and promotes aging. *Sigh*

I also would not buy this again because of the price, which was $45. I think there are many other finishing powders that are just as pretty for a lot less. Prior to this powder I was a huge fan of MAC's prep + prime translucent loose powder, which retails for about $25. I have also used Palladio's rice powder which I believe is $5 and it is very good. Because I am fair, I would not have bought this if they did not have the pink because I am neutral/pink and the other 4 colors are yellow.

The packaging is aahhhmazingggllyy cute. It's the classic black Chanel compact with a very nice sized mirror inside. It comes with a cheap little flat sponge that will do for blotting this on in a pinch.

Overall, I think you can get a very nice finishing powder for much less money. However, if you really want Chanel this product is well done =)