L'Oreal Oleo Therapy Oil Infused Conditioner

2.3

on 4/4/2015 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

It really dries out my hair ?! Something I was not expecting since it was supposed to be "oil-infused". It does nothing to "condition" my hair, instead I feel my hair is more DRY and staticy :( Going to return this.

on 3/2/2015 12:16:00 AM

I like the shampoo (tames my oily scalp!) but this conditioner is totally unremarkable. The scent is nice and the price is fine, but meh overall.

on 1/23/2015 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have never had an experience like this with any conditioner. Loved it at first. Hair was shiny, bouncy then POOF...brittle as straw. I thought I might have silicone build up but this product does not have the kind of silicones that generally cause that type of build up. Have no idea what is in this stuff but my hair was so dry that it squeaked when I brushed it while still wet!

UPDATE: (1/26/15)
Hi Gals...
Well I did so me research as to why mine and several others reviewers hair turned to straw after using this product.
This just a theory since I am by no means a cosmetic chemist:)
If you google " hair turns to straw after using conditioner", you will see articles about people being " protein sensitive,". Apparently, with products that add protein to your hair ex: coconut oil, if your hair already has plenty of protein, it will make your hair brittle and cause breakage.
It happens suddenly and will resolve itself once you stop using the product.
So in all fairness, I gave this product a couple more lippies

on 1/4/2015 5:40:00 PM

The first time I tried this I didn't like it. My hair was so dry and felt like straw. After awhile I decided to give it another chance. I first used the oleo oil infused shampoo and using a tip from a reviewer, I put the shampoo in my hands(rubbed my hands together) and then applied to my hair. After rinsing, I applied a nickel sized amount of the conditioner. My hair felt well moisturized without being heavy(I have semi thick dry hair that is down to my waist) One drop of the oleo oil infused essence on damp hair before blow drying and my hair looks better than what it does when I use drybar sake bomb shampoo and conditioner! Are these my holy grail products? Probaby not but they'll do for now!

on 11/22/2014 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Dude. This made my hair turn into straw. I should have buckled down and got Ojon but I didn't want to pay. I am really pissed off. DO NOT BUY!

on 10/1/2014 11:54:00 PM

This stuff is horrible. Don't buy it. It seems like it would be good for damaged hair, but it's horrible! If you need moisture, fork out the money on Bed Head Resurrection! You can find it at TJ Maxx for a decent price. You won't regret it.

on 7/13/2014 1:17:00 AM

It worked pretty good for me, I would say 3.5 for the conditioner, but I think I prefer the shampoo. I'll try them together a bit longer and if anything I will go back to using my Garnier Triple Nutrition 3-minute-undo treatment (it's like a masque)

on 5/29/2014 3:32:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

With this product having oil in it I thought it would be good for my hair. This did nothing! It didn't even feel soft after using. My hair felt dry and frizzy. I've used $1 condition that has worked better.

on 5/19/2014 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I realllllly don't see why this got so many bad reviews! I saw the great reviews the l'oreal oleo therapy hair mask got so decided to try the shampoo and conditioner. I have very very thick coarse hair and I do coconut oil masks very often and leave them in over night (has repaired my extremely damaged hair more then anything else), so this morning when washing the oil out of my hair I used this conditioner and LOVE it! It smells fantastic to start off with (like flowers), and it made my hair very very soft and extremely easy to work with! I had 0 tangles and didn't find my hair rubbery at all like some people have said. I think using the coconut oil the night before may have helped but the conditioner itself I do really enjoy and would definitely purchase again!

on 5/16/2014 5:28:00 PM

I like the entire L'Oreal Oleo Therapy line, except for this conditioner. In general I prefer conditioners with silicone, not a ton, but enough to give it slip and detangle and smooth the hair, but there are a few cone-free ones I like. Unfortunately this conditioner has no slip at all, and it doesn't detangle enough for me. Despite containing a bunch of oils, it's actually very very light on the conditioning factor, it did not provide enough moisture for even my thin, fine hair, nor did it smooth or tame frizzies at all. On the upside, it did provide me with kind of amazing volume, my hair was SO light (because of the lack of moisture & conditioning), but it was also so dry that I had to put an oil on it to control the ends of my hair, which took away from the volume and body it provided.

I will use up the bottle by mixing it with other conditioners, but I won't be repurchasing.