Isaac Mizrahi Fabulous

2.5

on 8/23/2015 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Starts out a typical fruity floral. But within 10 minutes of putting it on I smell nothing but the Cedar. Which smells REALLY BAD on me.
I'm not blaming the fragrance, for all I know it could simply be the way it works in my body chemistry.
Also found it doesn't last long at all.

on 4/11/2014 9:03:00 PM

I love it. I'm not smelling peaches. Smells girly, fresh, joyful and kinda sophisticated too, somehow.

on 2/17/2014 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

The previous reviewer went on and on about the peach scent yet if you look at all of the notes listed, peach is not lusted-anywhere. Now, having said that, I understand that perfumes do smell different to different people. This is a big bright floral to my nose. Joyous and sweet. Very spring like to me. It's very reminiscent of Borghese's Il Bacio which I used to adore. This is a youthful floral to me and I walked around the store sniffing my arm and my pattern is when I do that, a purchase isn't far behind.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

So what's in a name? Does "Fabulous" really mean fabulous? For some maybe, but this rendition of perfume by Isaac Mizrahi just isn't so perfectly pleasing after all. Perhaps it's a tad too fabulously peachy.
Fabulous is an awfully sweet peachy scent. I like smelling it but I could never own it nor could I ever wear it again after taking this one for a test drive around the block a few days. Each time I've worn it, its scent overwhelms me. It's cloyingly sweet and it hugs me with an artificial sweetness that I don't mind if I'm alone (for the test drive), but I seriously wondered if it would be annoying to others that would smell it on me.
It's a perfume that smacks you in the face with its fruit pie overload. I feel as if I'm sitting in the pie tent at a summer church carnival, the temperatures have risen at mid-day to high humidity over 105 degrees, they've closed the flaps of the tents and the flies are buzzing. It's sweltering and all I can smell are the hundreds of fresh-baked peach and assorted fruit pies around me. Which is ok, it's a good smell, it's just a sensory overload for more than an hour. and unfortunately, Fabulous last for six hours straight. My luck.
Adorable pink fluid, pink polka dots and pink atomizer set the tone for this overly delicious cutesy just fab concoction. Buttery popcorn does make an entrance and dance around mid-way but does not truly introduce itself as a finer tuberose. As a floral-fruity, I'd say without a doubt, you're definitely in an orchard rather than at a flower show.
Best worn lightly and any time of the year you want to be a honey of a peach.
Top Notes: Bergamot, Mandarin Orange, Nectarine.
Middle Notes: Tuberose, Peony, Freesia, Jasmine.
Base Notes: Sandalwood, Cedar, Vanilla.

Popular Fragrances