Tarte Be MATTEnificent

4.9

on 8/11/2015 3:37:00 PM

A little pricey but this powder really does the trick no matter your skin shade! Both me and my sister use it and it goes on smooth and matte, no shine no wrinkle creases just flawless skin :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Great matte colors and anyone can use these colors

on 5/26/2015 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Beautiful colors in this pallette i'm so happy with this purchase, they were having a sale and of course I can never turn that down. I thought the colors may be a bit too dark once I applied them, but the colors turned out beautifully and really blend together well.

on 4/25/2015 7:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Had to get this from EBay since its discontinued. Pricey but I would pay even more since I now know-I love it! Great colors, perfect consistency. I try others but keep coming back to this. HIGHLY recommend.

on 4/2/2015 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This is my all time favorite palette--not just my favorite neutral palette. I always go back to it, and it's a must have when I travel. The shadows and liners are smooth and pigmented, as is the blush. All of the shades stay on for a while without fading.

on 6/8/2014 2:59:00 AM

I have had a Holy Grail palette for almost 30 years now - the Ultima II Nakeds Xmas GWP, a generous palette of Kevyn Aucoin's most luscious neutrals that lasted years, but sadly came to its end long ago. Ever since then I have been searching for something like it. Tarte Be MATTEnificent is that palette. I love this palette so much that I bought two more off Amazon for an inflated price. I am so pleased with the texture of the shadows and the color range. (To contrast, I also recently ordered the new Bare Essentials neutral E/S palette, and sadly found that it was SO not for me.) The blush, as others have mentioned, is also nice, subtle and blendable, and I haven't tried the liners yet. But the eyeshadows are the stars of the show here. I could see a whole series of MATTEnificents, like the UD Naked series. Please, Tarte, do this!

on 6/6/2014 4:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

This has become my go-to eyeshadow palette and I really do hope they make it again! The colors are natural and great for everyday use. I can make the colors sheer or build it up for evening. The blush is very pretty and I love the brown and black eyeliner options. Luckily I found one of the last palettes in a Macy's store and I'm glad I did!

These powders are super soft. That being said, the application can come off as powdery if applied too heavily. Considering that I am in my late 30s now though, I am loving matte powder products. These fit the bill nicely and as long as you work with them properly, you will get great results.

on 4/24/2014 12:59:00 AM

This palette does have some great attributes. I like the texture of the shadows, they are soft and buttery and blend very well. This is a definite improvement over some of the other matte shadows that Tarte has produced in the past. I hope this is the new formulation and what we can come to expect in all future palettes. I liked that all the products in this palette are matte, no glitter or shimmer.

The downside, ipo, was the lack of pigmentation to these shadows. Even with my light complexion these just didn't show up well at all, with or without a primer. I will keep the palette and just pair the shadows up with others in my collection that offer more pigment. I hope that the next palette Tarte produces keeps the formulation but has more pigmentation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this matte palette! It is so pretty! I hope tarte starts making more palettes like this one. The shadows are super soft and pigmented and the blush is natural looking and very pretty as well.

Popular Palettes