September 20, 2014 | 1779 users online

Treatments (Eye) - L'Oreal - Revitalift Miracle Blur Instant Eye Smoother

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This makes an okay eye cream, but don't expect the instant "unretouched results" you see in the before and after pictures. I tested it by trying it on one eye first and comparing the results to the other eye, and both eyes looked virtually the same. This cream makes absolutely no difference in the appearance of fine lines. The texture is nice, and it does make the area feel a little bit smoother, but it's not the miracle it claims to be.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2014 8:09:00 AM More reviews by ceeldee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Don't waste your money. Did one eye and it's no different than the other eye. Wish I could get my money back. I use the Miracle Blue for my face and love it. But this eye smoother......no way.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I really feel that this does nothing at all. I thought it looked interesting, and of course, in the adds it makes a dramatic difference. Not so much in real life. It applies ok, feels ok, but makes absolutely no difference. Very disappointed, both in the product, and in myself for falling for the advertising.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by sherrier

I am using a free sample of this and I know that I will not buy it. It didn't do anything for my eyes. I used it on my right eye and my left eye looks identical to it. Seems like a waste of money.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 7:35:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Got a free sample of this in a magazine.
Not going to purchase. - Loaded with 'cones - first ingredient is Dimethicone.

Sticking with other "cone-based primers for this purpose like Smashbox Photo Finish.

Meh.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2014 2:38:00 AM More reviews by jeank55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Save your money on this product. I purchased it because it was shown to reduce dark circles under your eyes. It does no such thing. To me it is just a tinted moisturizer that caused my eyes to itch and it remains so moist after it is on, my mascara blurred. For the price, I will save my money and use an ice cube the way my grandmother did to reduce her puffy eyes.

I didn't expect a miracle, but I expected a better product from L'Oreal and am so disappointed I am writing to them to refund my money. This product isnt even as good as the roller ball from Garnier and it is cheaper and at least cooled my eyes while applying.

Don't waste over $20 for this it is junk!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by ToSirWithLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like the original Miracle Blur. I feel like it does soften the appearance of my pores and lines. This version for Eyes is fairly new. There is also a new version for face called Moisture Blur. The ingredients in Moisture Blur and Miracle Blur Eye are almost identical (the eye version contains a bit of mica and caffeine) so you may wish to buy the Moisture Blur and use it around the eyes, since it contains more than three times as much product as the Eye version but is priced the same.

EDIT 2/26/14: Lancome has introduced a similar product, called Visionnaire 1-Minute Blur. Its ingredients (listed below) are nearly identical to the L'Oreal Moisture Blur and Miracle Blur Eye, and it's priced at more than double the L'Oreal ($55 per ounce versus $14 per ounce for Moisture Blur--lol)

Moisture Blur ($24/1.7 oz)
Dimethicone, Aqua, Glycerin, Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Alcohol Denat., Butylene Glycol , Lauryl Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, PEG/ PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Ci77163/Bismuth Oxychloride, Silica Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Magnesium Sulfate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Fragrance, Capryloyl Salicylic Acid, Tetrasodium Edta, Retinyl Palmitate, Linalool, Ci 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Benzyl Salicylate, Sodium Hydroxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Ci 77491/Iron Oxides, Coumarin, N- Hydroxysuccinimide, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Chrysin, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7.

Miracle Blur Eye ($24/0.5 oz)
Dimethicone, Water, Glycerin, Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Alcohol Denat., Butylene Glycol, Lauryl Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Boron nitride, Mica, Ci 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Ci77163/Bismuth Oxychloride, Silica Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Magnesium Sulfate, Caffeine, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Bisabolol, Capryloyl Salicylic Acid, Tetrasodium Edta, Retinyl Palmitate, Sodium Hydroxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499/ Iron Oxides, Farnesol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, N-Hydroxysuccinimide, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Chrysin, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide- 7.

Lancome Vissionnaire 1-Minute Blur ($55/1.0 oz)
Dimethicone, Water, Glycerin, Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Alcohol Denat., Butylene Glycol, Lauryl Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Ci 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491 / Iron Oxides, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, N-Ydroxysuccinimide, Silica, Silylate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Caprylyl Glycol, Capryloyl Salicylic Acid, Chrysin, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Tetrasodium Edta, Retinyl Palmitate, Citronellol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Fragrance, Chlorhexidine Digluconate

Original Miracle Blur (for reference):
Active: Avobenzone 3%, Homosalate 10%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 5%, Oxybenzone 6%. Inactive: Dimethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Talc, Diisopropyl Sebacate, Silica, Silica Silylate, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Water.

15 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by LeslieCZ

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a new L'Oreal product which is to be used as a smoothing, finishing "last" step for under eyes during the day (kind of like an under eye primer). It can be used on bare skin or over eye cream, before make up or concealer. It temporarily fills in and smooths the look of fine lines and crow's feet BEAUTIFULLY for all day wear (and it seems to reduce the lines long term, too, although of this it's hard to tell due to my using eye cream every day and night). Miracle Blur Eye is creamy and lightweight, feels great and does not cake or flake. A tiny dab does the job. I was chosen to test it for four weeks for a Vogue magazine study and I am glad I got the chance as I would probably never have noticed it on my own. I will buy it again and definitely reccommend giving it a shot.

13 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No