December 20, 2014 | 1178 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Skin Perfecting Brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I purchased this brush just because I was so intrigued with the idea of applying foundation with a brush instead of a sponge, which I had never done before. Since most of my brushes are from this brand and they are really amazing quality, I trusted this brush was going to be perfect for the purpose of applying my foundation. This type of brush I had not seen before so it must really be new in the EcoTools collection.
This actually worked great with my foundation base. I didn't use the brush for a BB or CC cream, but instead used it for my regular foundation that has a liquid thick consistency, and it worked just fine. I buffed it into my skin nicely and I didn't notice my foundation streaky or anything. I actually think I used less product for my face with this brush than when I used a wedge sponge! For $8, good buy and I can tell for sure it will be durable! (I have had EcoTools for years and they don't shed or break or anything)
Pros: Soft as feathers, SUPER densely packed bristles that assure good spreading of the product, angled flat top shape can get to any corner of the face.
Con: Circumference is really small! Will take long time to fully apply foundation to the whole face. I wish the brush itself was bigger.
For my first “foundation" brush, really good!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by glitterspritz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This brush is a great value. The bristles are soft and densely packed, although it's smaller than many foundation brushes.

I tried this with my Clinique CC Cream and found that it worked as well as my fingers; however, it did amazing things with my powder mineral make up. This is one of the best brushes I've ever used for applying mineral foundation evenly to medium coverage. Plus, the angle allows you to gently stiple mineral concealor and reach small areas, like the area around the nose.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2014 1:27:00 AM More reviews by ilovethe80s87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like flat topped densely packed brushes for applying my liquid foundations. Since this had an angle to it which is good for getting into corners, and it claims it's meant for applying BB and CC creams (I recently started wearing a BB cream everyday), I gave this a shot, not really needing another foundation brush. Well, I'm glad I did. It applied my Maybelline Dream Pure BB cream beautifully! It allowed me to build up to medium coverage without applying too much product to my skin. I can also stipple more BB cream on my blemishes for extra coverage, and just as easily blend outward. The bristles are soft and the ends aren't prickly. It was easy to clean as well (usually use plain Dove bar soap). Idk how well it does applying to the undereye area because I don't apply my BB cream there (mine has 2% salicylic acid), but it seems like it would do a decent job with the angled flat top. I do wish the bristles were a tiny bit more densely packed, or that there were more bristles. The circumference is a little small, so it takes a few minutes to apply my BB cream over my entire face (not to mention a second coat for medium coverage).
Overall, I have no serious complaints about the brush. I'm glad I purchased it for about $8. It will now be a staple in my brush collection and my daily make-up routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by miamc12321

I knew many companies were coming out with their own B.B. and C.C. cream brushes. H&M has their own (about $10.00), as well as Japonesque ($30.00 without tax). The Japonesque one was a bit too rich for my blood. I might have tried the H&M brush had I not found this one. At $7.99 the price, as always with Ecotools, was unbeatable. When I recieved the brush I was so excited I had to try the brush right away. The bristles were so soft. It felt like one of the high end brushes. Applying the B.B. cream was the true test. I couldn't believe how amazing it was. The Skin79 Snail Nutrition went on flawlessly and it looks so natural. The brush does not shed, which is also a plus. The only thing is it takes a bit to clean, but even that doesn't bother me. I am so glad I purchased this brush. I would highly recommend this brush to anyone. It is amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 5:32:00 PM More reviews by LogicGunn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

"Specifically designed for use with popular BB/CC creams to create a smoother application and eliminate oil transfer from hands to face. The angled edge of the brush allows for easy application in hard-to-reach areas on the face while the cut and soft bristles make for a smoother finish, even around the eyes and nose."

This is one of the new Ecotools brushes, and I love it. It's brilliant for applying thicker BB creams, the thicker Asian ones not the thinner Western ones, though I think it's best use is actually for cream blusher-it deposits a perfect amount of pigment and buffs and blends it in a nice, diffused, airbrushed flush. It really need to be used with thicker cream products only, because the thinner ones just get sucked up into the bristles, waste a lot of product and apply streakily, and it is absolutely no use for powder products.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2014 2:56:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

I want to like this brush because it's soft, but it's too small to be any kind of bb cream or foundation brush. It might work for cream blushes to give a softer effect.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by dejavudu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a huge fan of Ecotools. Just picked up this new brush from Walgreens last week and it came with extra bonus brush too. This brush is great for what its meant to do - which is to apply BB & CC creams. It applies BB & CC creams nicely and evenly whether its an asian bb or HE brand. I tried with liquid & cream foundation and the application was a little streaky ( I stippled, buffed, you name it). However my biggest gripe is how much product this brush soaks up and this is after I even prepped my brush with setting spray so that it absorbs less product. I had to use twice as much product to get an even application. The smaller bonus brush is flat like a concealer brush which is great because I can always use another concealer brush. For the price of $8, it was worth getting two brushes instead of one. However I would not buy again because I have other brushes I can use for BB/CC creams and I don't find this one necessary.