October 2, 2014 | 1221 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Urban Decay - Chill Setting Spray

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 1:18:00 AM More reviews by crystaal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am so glad this setting spray exists. I was sleeping over a friend's house and didn't plan on taking off my makeup. Well, at around 3:30 PM, I put on my makeup (primer, liquid foundation, cream blush, liquid highlighter, mascara, liquid eyeliner), and the next day at 8:30 PM everything was still in place! That's over 29 hours and it probably could have lasted even longer, but I had to take off my makeup sometime, haha. The staying power of my makeup could have been amplified by the Laura Mercier Hydrating Primer I was wearing underneath, but honestly, life is so much easier with this setting spray. I highly recommend this if you don't want to be worrying about checking/retouching your face every couple of hours. Somehow it also makes my foundation look less cake-y, so I spray it on if I'm in a rush and didn't have time to sheer the foundation out beforehand. Plus, it has never been drying nor has it ever broken me out. I really have nothing bad to say about this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2014 12:23:00 AM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love Urban Decays setting sprays they all do the job pretty well in my book. So far out of All Nighter and De Slick, Chill is my absolute favorite! My skin is combo so I'm oily right now with Summer and this spray has not let me down once. Also unlike the other ones this particular kind does not feel like hair spray on my face. That is important because I do not use a lot at all but sometimes the others were too drying. For me Chill is perfect for my combo skin. I love how this one doesn't leave a super shine on your face either. Always after I spray once dry if there's a little shine that doesn't look "dewy" then I add a touch of Macs care blend or MSF powder.

With that my makeup lasts all night literally till the next day! This even worked when I went dancing all night. That was what sold me besides it not breaking me out or drying me out. I use this twice if I'm going out all night once over foundation then finally to set. Normally I just use it once and I always do the T and it's very light and actually feels fine on my skin.

It's also good to use to finish when I have a little too much powder on. It cuts it and just makes my skin look great. I'm an UD lover so I'm partial but in all honesty if you have combination skin, check this out. It's really that good so for me I'm sticking with Chill second would be All Nighter. Great product and now I couldn't imagine doing my makeup and not finishing with this. Recommended:)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 7:13:00 AM More reviews by Behemath

The first setting spray I tried was NYX Matte setting spray. I didn't like it at all and found that it did absolutely nothing for my makeup, so decided to try the more expensive UD Chill spray. The first time I used it, my face was sunburnt and very dry despite slathering on layers of moisturiser, and my makeup stuck to my dry flaky skin. Fortunately, after a few sprays of UD Chill spray, this problem was fixed! It made my face appear and feel more moisturised, so I was very impressed. I work as a waitress in a restaurant, so I work long shifts and a lot of time I am in the steamy, clammy kitchen, and I am very pleased to say that after using UD Chill spray to set my makeup, my makeup seemed much more vibrant and fresh at the end of the day, especially my blush and bronzer, which before just sort of disappeared as the day went by. I also found that I didn't have to blot my face (around my nose where my skin gets oily) as much when I had used UD Chill. All in all, I'm pretty impressed with this product and will probably buy it again when I run out :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2014 12:15:00 PM More reviews by ginaxav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have all 3 UD setting sprays (Chill, All Nighter, De Slick). I have to say I'm not wow'd by any, and probably the least by Chill. The description made it sound very appealing but it just doesn't seem to do anything. In contrast, All Night gives me a bit more dewi-ness to my skin, and De Slick I keep in my purse for when I"m out and it's hot and humid and I feel like it does cool my face off a bit. You would think Chill would fit the bill better there but not in my experience.

I can't really accurately give an estimate on making makeup last longer though, as I always finish with either Guerlain or Houglass powders. One thing I have learned is that with all 3 UD setting sprays, you need to spray after each layer. IE, Foundation, Spray, Concealer, Spray Blush, Bronzer, Eyeshadow, Spray, etc. At the VERY least you need to spray it directly after your foundation and not simply once on top of everything you have on.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2014 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Kirplunk0

I wanted to love this so bad because of course on youtube (the culprit to every hype lol) any-who lots of people that claimed to have flaky dry skin :/ yeah right said this made they're makeup last it was hydrating and my biggest hope they said the magical word every dry skin girl wants to hear DEWY but to my surprise it was none of the above what i can say is that it does give like hydrating mist(not hydrating like a lotion and primer ) but like it was cold that i will say . I will stick to my two setting sprays mac fix plus as a priming spray and elf for setting a dewy face :( so disappointed . Flaky skin girls/very dry skin girls stay away!! Normal to dry or dry combo you will probably love it

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this product! It does what it is supposed to do and the bottle last a long time. I use it every morning after my setting powder to remove the powdery feel that my skin can have. It makes me look dewy without being greasy and make my foundation last a long time.. All in all, it's a really good product, and I'll buy another bottle as soon as I have the money to afford it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by EleBees

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this product! I must emphasize I have combination skin, but my oily areas get VERY oily due to the fact I live on a very hot and humid island. Not withstanding that, I decided to go for the "chill" version of this spray instead of the "de-slick" and "all night" versions, because personally I'm over the whole mega-matte look and want my skin to look glowy (not oily). I found that this product did not leave my face feeling stiff, it helped control my oil while also keeping my skin looking natural. It also feels really nice and refreshing on my skin when I spray it on. I got home from work yesterday after having a full face of makeup on for 11 hours and my sister asked me how my blush looked so vibrant and my face so fresh after a long day. Disclaimer: I generally always blot my t-zone twice during the day, which is not much at all considering I have the makeup on for 11 hours a day. But I notice a lot less oil on my blotting paper when I use this, compared to when I do not spray.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

First off, I have oily/combination skin. I tried the Urban Decay DESLICK spray which is another version of this one that is actually meant for oily skin and I didn't like it and I felt like it made ZERO difference in my skin, I 100% prefer the CHILL setting spray a thousand times more!

-it makes my skin look glowy but not greasy or oily!
-kept my foundation and concealer from creasing or moving throughout the day
-my makeup lasted about 3-4 hours longer than usual which is amazing! makes my makeup look BETTER the longer i have it on. that never happens for me.
-no breakouts, no irritation.
-not sticky or tacky
-a bit pricey, the full size is 30 dollars but its definitely worth the money
-love the packaging, sprays very nicely all over the face.
-it does everything the DESLICK one didnt do for me. If you dont like the deslick one give this Chill one a try. its way better!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 2:34:00 AM More reviews by sarah_417

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Based on my experience, using this with DRY skin:
I have VERY dry skin. I am constantly slathering heavy creams and moisturizers on my face, but deal with flakiness daily.
I was chatting with someone who recommended trying this, mentioning it was very moisturizing.

I am a believer. A few spritzes of this, and I notice less flakiness at the end of the day. It is not a cure for dry skin or flakiness, but it definately keeps my flakes from showing through for a little bit longer. (I have been using it during the winter, so I am hoping it will be a HG for my somewhat less dry summer skin)

If you have oily skin, I am not sure you would like this. To me it feels like it adds a bit of moisture. But if you are flakey and dry, it's worth the purchase to try it out.

I am not sure it if adds any longevity to my makeup. WIth my dry skin, my makeup sticks all day long when I use a primer, so it's tough to say if this has really helped to make my makeup last longer.

The spray is a fine mist, and dries almost instantly. SPRAY BEFORE YOU APPLY MASCARA though! (otherwise your mascara can run if you aren't using waterproof)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by allycat7005

This product did not work for me at all. I bought this thinking it would help control the oil on my face, and 4 hours after applying it, I looked in my compact mirror to touch up my face. My eyes nearly popped out of my head. My whole entire face was SHINY. This product highlighted my T zone!. I was SO disappointed. Sorry Urban Decay, I love your products but this one Sucks!!