July 31, 2014 | 1800 users online

Treatments (Eye) - CeraVe - Eye Repair Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by candystripelegs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Finally, an eye cream worth your money. And best of all, it's very reasonably priced! Hyaluronic acid, marine botanicals, vitamin e, niacinamide , ceramides, all packaged in a sanitary squeeze tube that keeps everything "fresh" and potent. Fragrance free as well. I was tempted by Tarte's eye cream which is nicer in terms of texture and how is absorbs but packaged in a jar and is about $40 compared to this which was $14.

Honestly, i was always of the opinion that mot eye cream were unnecessary and WAY overpriced. As I've aged, i notice that the skin under and around my eye is a little drier than the rest of my face. I began trying eye creams and was shocked the see the outrageous prices for these tiny jars. And worse than the price was the fact that many had fragrance which caused redness/puffiness or they were so thick they caused little clogged pores (almost like pimples but white).

This cream is thick but not greasy and came out of the tube with ease. It is fairly easy to spread and absorbs well but it does leave a sightly tacky feeling that might be a problem if you used it under concealer. Deducted a lippie for that, but otherwise, this is a budget friendly eye cream that plumps the eye area and has beneficial ingredients that will help the area of skin over time.
Some eye creams claim "brightens dark circles" but in reality, it's just they've added shimmer to the cream which does make the circles appear less dark but is not actually helping skin in the long term. There is no shimmer to this product.

I have hereditary dark circles, as most people do, and no eye cream is going to make them disappear but you can reduce the appearance by keeping the area moisturized, taking care of your health, using sunscreen, etc. my under eyes do seem more plump, less dark and overall much healthier since using this cream. Not a miracle worker by any means but i like it and i feel it lives up to the realistic claims made on their website. Will repurchase, but if Tarte wised up and put their cream in a tube, I would consider splurging on that on instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 9:30:00 AM More reviews by Ritterwoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best eye cream. I use it every morning, and it takes the puffiness away. I will buy again. I'm 54.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Alura21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm on the fence over this product. I don't have dark circles or puffy under eyes, so I couldn't say if this products helps with those problems. I feel like it moisturizes okay. I like to use this in the morning, not at night. I use the CeraVe Moisturizing Cream at night as a eye cream but I feel is too heavy for me in the morning.

Texture: Feels a bit thick. I like to warm it up between my fingers to help it spread easier.

Scent: None to speak of that I notice.

Finish: Not greasy looking. No noticeable finish, in my opinion.

Effects: Haven't notice much of anything. The main thing I have noticed is that my under eye concealer applies a lot more easily/smoother. It helps from any concealer settling into my fine lines under my eyes. So, I guess this is more of a primer for concealer in my beauty routine.

I'm not sure if I would buy this again or not. I'm not sure what to think about this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by rav2b

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After all the praise here, I was disappointed. Maybe my expectations were too high, as I was wanting to find a less expensive replacement for Shiseido's Benefiance, which has been my HG. I was surprised to see that I liked Clinique's All About Eyes Rich much better after trying the Cerave!

This cream seems rather stiff, and doesn't soften much on my fingertips, so I'd hoped that it would make a nice barrier to hold moisture in overnight, but that didn't happen.

At least it wasn't a big financial loss!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2014 2:27:00 AM More reviews by ChaCaCheeze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I'm still on the fence about this particular product. I normally love CeraVe products, and have several in my skincare routine. My dermatologist only recommends like 3-4 specific brands, and CeraVe is one of them. I tried a different eye "cream" that turned out to be more of a lightweight "gel" from La Roche Posay (another brand my derm. likes), and it worked okay but it just didn't make my eye area look any healthier or more hydrated. Then, I tried a "cream" that turned out to be more of a lotion-y eye product from Simple - again, no problems, it just didn't do anything different than applying my face moisturizer to my eye area. So, when I finally saw the CeraVe eye cream at Target, I thought I hit the jackpot. The price was reasonable for an eye product, and it had all the same qualities as my other CeraVe stuff (non-comedogenic, gentle, fragrance free, includes ceramides/niacinamide/hyaluronic acid). It does moisturize my eye area slightly better than the La Roche and Simple products I've tried. However, if it meets other products on my face, it starts to ball up and create little white things that look like eye boogers. I don't wear makeup on a regular basis, so I don't know how this would work under eye makeup - it could be a greasy, clumpy mess, or it could smooth out concealer. We'll see. The texture actually reminds me of a cuticle cream that comes in a pot - very tacky feeling, almost like an ointment. It does rub in quickly, though, which I like. And bonus points for the hygienic packaging - I'm not a fan of eye creams in a pot, which is one reason I'm hesitant to go back to my long-forgotten Clinique. Overall, this is a decent eye cream for me, but it's nothing crazy special. I can see myself keeping a tube on-hand as a backup/walking pharmacy eye cream, but trying other brands, too. (And yes, I may add eye cream to my walking pharmacy...LOL)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2014 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Mozart68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great eye cream for daytime
I don't have dry skin, so I don't need a super-moisturizing eye cream for daytime. This cream is perfect. It absorbs easily, and does not leave a greasy residue that interferes with the rest of my makeup. I usually wear something richer at night, but this would work for nighttime too.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2014 1:24:00 PM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

This will be the LAST product I buy from this brand! I just don't get the hype. Just like their cleansers, this eye cream was so drying! I mean DRY. I'm oily, a true shine sister, glaze girl, I look like a freshly glazed donut by the end of the day. I have to question products like this eye cream that have the ability to dry out even my skin type. First of all, I was immediately disappointed by the texture of this. It is a thick ointment and it is hard to squeeze it out of the tube. This doesn't effortlessly glide under the eye. It feels like clay! I had to tug a bit to work it in. It doesn't feel moisturizing at all. It doesn't hydrate the eye area. I have dark caves under my eyes and this cream made them dry dark caves! After a week of am and pm use, my dark circles were still just as dark and I appeared even more deathly because this cream dried them out.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by OCgirl006

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This did nothing for me, for 13.00 I will NOT buy again....

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by colorsinbloom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

Read all the great reviews on this, so was eager to try it. I've been using eye creams since I was a child, and I never used drugstore brands, but the reviews made it sound like this is the best thing on the market, so I did the crossover.

It never felt moisturizing at all, but I put faith in the niacinamide to do its good. One week after my husband using this, he gained 15 years under his eyes (NOT exaggerating). It took three weeks for it to start on me. Completely dried out the skin under our eyes, making it wrinkled and crepey. Very horrifying...now trying desperately to reverse the damage done.

Take your chances, but I absolutely wouldn't recommend.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by LynneaB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got contacts at 53 and amazingly found out I have lots of wrinkles, puffiness and dark circles under my eyes as well as crepey upper eyelids. First I went to my stash of goodies from P&G ... my husband works for them and I get freebies from them all the time. Unfortunately for me my skin is sensitive to whatever is in them and I broke out like a teenager.

So I went to a light eye gel and started to search for something for my eyes. I saw reviews for this product on Ulta and there is one near my house so I went in search of it. Not realizing it was a "bargain" brand I looked in the expensive area and was directed to where it was. I have been using it for under a week and so far I can see less puffiness and am hoping in the coming weeks I can see a reduction in dark circles. I like that it goes on smoothly and I can wear it night and day and the price is certainly right.

I'll update in a few weeks when I have more results but so far so good.

UPDATE: what I have noticed is that the puffy eyes are slowly getting better. My right eye is pretty puffy when I get up but once I put this on and give it a few minutes I notice it getting better and then by the time I get my makeup done and get dressed for work (about 30 min total) there is a definite improvement. Not my HG eye cream but not bad.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No