October 23, 2014 | 1307 users online

Treatments (Eye) - CeraVe - Eye Repair Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2014 8:38:00 AM More reviews by Roxas1234530

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As of now this is my HG eye cream. Is a quality, and basic eye cream that will help with dryness, puffiness, and slight dark circles. Since using this my under eye area just looks healer over-all. Plus it's cheaper then most eye creams!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Guidedogmom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Shy to admit I had not used eye cream in too long. CeraVe face wash and cream was recommended by my Dermotologist and I've used it for years. So with a great coupon bought the eye cream. My under eye arer soaked it up. I was surprised to see how dry my under eyes really was. After 1 & 2 months the skin texture is nicely improved. I do believe any eye cream is prudent to use but this product was certainly worth it

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2014 7:12:00 PM More reviews by ylingsbling

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

All I expected was some extra under eye moisture. I didn't expect miracles. The package said brightener, diminishes fine lines, some natural ingredients so why not give it a try. This cream has shimmer in it! Just rub some on your hand and go outside so you can see it yourself. It does brighten your undereyes but to me I feel I got cheated. It moisturizes as you apply it but short term only. Like another reviewer said, an hour later your skin feels drier. Boo!!!!

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by mel33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this eye cream because I'd heard such great things about it, but unfortunately I just don't see any benefits from it.

I tried to be generous and gave it 3 lippies because it didn't sting my eyes. BUT it is the equivelant to putting any face lotion under your eyes...same consistency, same feel, same benefits...basically this isn't an eye REPAIR cream, it's just cream.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2014 8:23:00 PM More reviews by julia178

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Pros:
- Price
- Packaging in tube is hygienic and practical
- non sticky consistency
Cons:
- Not moisturizing enough for the eye area
I was hoping to be able to add another rave review for this product, especially since it is so affordable compared with department store eye creams. I expect my eye area to feel well moisturized, plumped and pampered after applying an eye cream and unfortunately, this was not the case. It sank in nicely but then it almost felt more drying than hydrating. Too bad, maybe worth a try if you are not looking for intense hydrating or plumping of fine lines.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2014 10:33:00 AM More reviews by rasputin7261

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

well I hate to be a rare voice of dissent on this product but... ugh. I'm convinced that this is just cerave cream re-packaged into a tiny tube. I would say that it provides temporary moisturizing (at best), but after an hour or so I feel I need to reapply. I get the sense that it's actually drying my skin out more than moisturizing, honestly. I don't have a problem with dark circles, just dryness and crepeyness, but I can't see how it could help with dark circles at all either. I have used all manner of eye creams in various price ranges - tarte, kiehls, Clinique, etc. and all of these at least had some benefit, but this one just doesn't. when people say "you don't need a separate eye cream", this is the kind of product they're referring to. Once you've tried a better eye cream, you don't want to go without it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by candystripelegs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Finally, an eye cream worth your money. And best of all, it's very reasonably priced! Hyaluronic acid, marine botanicals, vitamin e, niacinamide , ceramides, all packaged in a sanitary squeeze tube that keeps everything "fresh" and potent. Fragrance free as well. I was tempted by Tarte's eye cream which is nicer in terms of texture and how is absorbs but packaged in a jar and is about $40 compared to this which was $14.

Honestly, i was always of the opinion that mot eye cream were unnecessary and WAY overpriced. As I've aged, i notice that the skin under and around my eye is a little drier than the rest of my face. I began trying eye creams and was shocked the see the outrageous prices for these tiny jars. And worse than the price was the fact that many had fragrance which caused redness/puffiness or they were so thick they caused little clogged pores (almost like pimples but white).

This cream is thick but not greasy and came out of the tube with ease. It is fairly easy to spread and absorbs well but it does leave a sightly tacky feeling that might be a problem if you used it under concealer. Deducted a lippie for that, but otherwise, this is a budget friendly eye cream that plumps the eye area and has beneficial ingredients that will help the area of skin over time.
Some eye creams claim "brightens dark circles" but in reality, it's just they've added shimmer to the cream which does make the circles appear less dark but is not actually helping skin in the long term. There is no shimmer to this product.

I have hereditary dark circles, as most people do, and no eye cream is going to make them disappear but you can reduce the appearance by keeping the area moisturized, taking care of your health, using sunscreen, etc. my under eyes do seem more plump, less dark and overall much healthier since using this cream. Not a miracle worker by any means but i like it and i feel it lives up to the realistic claims made on their website. Will repurchase, but if Tarte wised up and put their cream in a tube, I would consider splurging on that on instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 9:30:00 AM More reviews by Ritterwoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best eye cream. I use it every morning, and it takes the puffiness away. I will buy again. I'm 54.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Alura21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm on the fence over this product. I don't have dark circles or puffy under eyes, so I couldn't say if this products helps with those problems. I feel like it moisturizes okay. I like to use this in the morning, not at night. I use the CeraVe Moisturizing Cream at night as a eye cream but I feel is too heavy for me in the morning.

Texture: Feels a bit thick. I like to warm it up between my fingers to help it spread easier.

Scent: None to speak of that I notice.

Finish: Not greasy looking. No noticeable finish, in my opinion.

Effects: Haven't notice much of anything. The main thing I have noticed is that my under eye concealer applies a lot more easily/smoother. It helps from any concealer settling into my fine lines under my eyes. So, I guess this is more of a primer for concealer in my beauty routine.

I'm not sure if I would buy this again or not. I'm not sure what to think about this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by rav2b

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After all the praise here, I was disappointed. Maybe my expectations were too high, as I was wanting to find a less expensive replacement for Shiseido's Benefiance, which has been my HG. I was surprised to see that I liked Clinique's All About Eyes Rich much better after trying the Cerave!

This cream seems rather stiff, and doesn't soften much on my fingertips, so I'd hoped that it would make a nice barrier to hold moisture in overnight, but that didn't happen.

At least it wasn't a big financial loss!