July 30, 2014 | 1237 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2014 2:09:00 AM More reviews by Glenadam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! It's full coverage. Keeps you matte and and only $4.99! It last all day and stays in place. A little amount goes a long way since it's thick, I use my fingers to blend and set it with stay matte pressed powder (also my hg) the only thing though is the color selection, the darkest color is sand, which is not very dark, I'm using true beige which is the color above sand, I have medium skin tone with warm to neutral tone, and this foundation is a little bit on the pink side, true beige is not too much but I've seen the other ones are more pink undertone. I went to Florida and got tan so I can't use this foundation right now, I will have to wait till fall since I'm lighter during fall and winter, and also I make sure my face is moisturizers when I put this on since it can be drying, I have normal skin but I've never looked dry when I use this, my skin looks flawless, I highly recommend this product. I love it so much I already bought a back up! I hope they don't discontinue :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2014 6:17:00 AM More reviews by londonn21

When I had first heard about this, I was skeptical because it's a thicker formula. I didn't want something that would clog my pores and make me breakout. Turns out, this is probably my favorite of the Rimmel foundations. I find it's best applied with fingers and a little pea size goes a LONG way. It gives great coverage and it keeps me matte. I put on the stay matte powder (which is the only powder I use or always go back to) and I'm set. Even though I'm almost always warm/sweating, this does a great job go keep me matte. And it's very affordable!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by Stephmatos07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Watched many reviews on this product to say the least I wasn't very satisfied with the product. 1st it was difficult for me to find the foundation and powder in my skin tone. And second it did not control my oily skin the way I had expected it to do so. My face stayed matte for about an hour or 2, 3 at the most. The only thing I can really say about this that is positive is that I liked the full coverage it gave me. Other than that I will not be purchasing this again. Also would've preferred a pump as well for the packaging

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by xenobia1968

I have given up all other foundations, from department store to drug store, for this stuff! I absolutely love it! My face has stopped breaking out (not sure if that's hormones or the makeup) It stays put all day and no cakeyness here! I do have to dab a small bit of moisturizer under my eyes after I put my foundation on and that keeps it from settling into places I would rather keep hidden from the world ;-) I have had sweat running down my face, been tossed in a pool and fell asleep in it ... It doesn't bugde! My skin is combo and I've had a few dry patches that it WILL accentuate, so watch for that. Otherwise, I'd rather trade my hubby, my dogs and my kids before giving up my Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation! OK, not really, but you get the idea! HG status here! Plus, its on sale on the Ulta website right now, so I bought several (I mix the two lighter colors to get my color) I believe its buy one, get one half off or some such thing. Anyway, it was cheap. So yeah, I highly recommend!
K, last thing...I put a small line of each color on my CLEAN fingertip...mix them together with my other CLEAN fingertip....dot it all over and smear it like it's sunscreen. That seems to be the best way to keep it even and streak free. It is very opaque on me but doesn't look like I've slapped 10lbs of junk on my face. LOVE!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been in denial about my true feelings for this foundation for months now. MONTHS.

I have post inflammatory marks on my face (mostly pink and red), along with active acne, so I figured I have enough to hide to warrant using a full coverage foundation. I also have skin that leans more towards the dry side, and some pores that like to make their presence known, but I figured that it wouldn't be a big deal when using this foundation.

I guess I was wrong. I have never successfully applied this foundation where it DIDN'T look like a hot, cakey mess on my face. I've tried heavy moisturizers and light moisturizers under it, I tried primers galore. And NOTHING helped. I have come to accept the fact that this foundation and I are just not meant to be, no matter how much I want it to work.

So why was I in denial for so long, trying to make it work? because it is the only...and I mean ONLY...drugstore foundation that has decently matched my NW10 skintone (I bought it in 010). So disappointed that I can't use it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2014 3:28:00 AM More reviews by ElisabethWilson

I really liked how this product looked on my skin. But I have 2 main problems which have driven me away from buying the product. 1) Its very thick and it rubs off on everything! Clothing, tissues, blankets, you name it. 2) WARNING: DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT IF YOU HAVE DRY SKIN!!! I read reviews saying to not buy it if you have dry skin but, guess what? I did it anyways. Bad idea, if you have the smallest patch of dry skin it will enhance it. And coming from somebody who ALWAYS has dry skin, dont buy it if you do. It makes your skin look pretty disgusting. And it makes me break out afterward.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2014 2:44:00 AM More reviews by rheamango

I'm being generous and giving this three stars because I used it for college interviews. It was a pretty big let-down for me as it was extremely thick and came off cake-y. I felt like it covered everything on my face, but it sunk into my lines and just came off as looking like I was wearing "too much" make-up.
Honestly every time I put it one it was just too much, too heavy, too thick. It wasn't light coverage or medium. I'd say it was almost full coverage for me, but just felt like it was too much. I had so much trouble applying it and I just want to love it because I have a full tube of it that I don't know what to do it.
I guess I'll keep trying it and trying to figure out a better application method,but until then I'll avoid using it in public.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by chloemorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A bit of a let down. The foundation matched my skin tone perfectly and looked flawless and matte after application, but throughout the day it start to sink into creases and transferred on to anything my skin came in contact with. By the end of the day my skin looked very blotchy,uneven and far from matte. As I said.. it was a let down, but hopefully others will have a better experience!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by erinxz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This foundation does what it says, it definitely makes your skin matte most of the day. I have oily skin, so the texture and finish is perfect for me, but I'm not sure if people with dry/combo skin will like it. I picked up a shade too light and cool-toned for my skin tone, so I'd probably like this foundation more if it was in the right shade. Pros: Light-medium coverage. Creamy and easy to blend. Lasts fairly well. Cons: Can start to get cakey if too much is applied. The shade I have (Light Ivory) is extremely pink based. Smells kind of funky...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Idontknow10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product does what it says extremely well, it keeps you very matte! It applies evenly and is easy to blend. It has a very good consistency and makes your skin look very natural!