September 18, 2014 | 1701 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2014 7:14:00 PM More reviews by sweetypea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A major con is there is no color match for yellow-toned skin. I am NC 20-25 and I've tried the shades 103 True Ivory & 200 Soft Beige from this line. They are both extremely pinky-orange toned. Since this is a thick mousse foundation, I applied it with my fingers. I have acne and it didn't didn't cover my spots or redness very well even after two layers, I had to layer even more product on top of my breakouts. So if you've got a lot to hide, I don't think this foundation will do you justice as it will start to cake up. It overall looks very makeup-y. I have combo-oily skin and it didn't really even control my oil, it's just like any other foundation after less than an hour so the mattifying effect doesn't stick around for me. I might get better coverage by stippling it on with a brush, but it's not even a good color match and ugh, it just doesn't't look good if you've got acne. It'll look unnatural and start to break down. Not a good one, very disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by florator14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

To be honest, it was the worst foundation I ever used. My skin is oily and I wanted to give it a try, so I bought it. I also have acnes, so my skin needs something moisturizing yet mattifying. I applied it to my moisturized skin. It wasn't as blendable as I expected to be and it was a little bit uncomfortable to wear. It was cakey around my nose and on my forehead and dryed out the other parts of my face. It doesn't have such an intense smell. I wouldn't recommend it for you if you've got acnes or very oily skin, it might perform well on normal skin. I won't purchase it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2014 6:36:00 AM More reviews by jessdh44

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh my.... This stuff is like liquid paper. I understand its supposed to be very mattifying.. But wow! I could not make this foundation work for anything. I have a very oily t-zone and I really just love the "matte" look, so I thought this would be a great product for me! NO. Just..... No. It's impossible to blend (for me), and it washed my face out sooo bad. Gave me a very dull, lifeless look. Maybe for someone who's entire face is EXTREMELY oily this would be a good choice, but if you have any dry patches, beware! Also, it broke me out terribly.. This seems to be the case with lots of people, so be careful if you are acneic. I bought this product at CVS for about 5 or 6 bucks, I believe, and it comes in a little squeeze type tube. It's a very thick consistency, but actually feels pretty light. The reason I went ahead and have it two lippies instead of one, is because it actually does feel quite nice on your skin. Very soft. Oh and if you have little fine lines or anything, this WILL accentuate them. This product was just not for me. Will not be repurchasing :(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2014 10:28:00 PM More reviews by spitfirejo

Wow - having read the reviews here, I feel like I'm the outlier, but I figured I should offer my review in case there's someone else out there who's in the same boat.

In a nutshell - I have acne-prone skin that I use Paula's Choice 2.5% BP on every morning, and then Tactuo (Differin/BP) at night. It keeps my skin mostly clear, but leaves it in this strange limbo-land of dry and oily. It's excessively dry in some places (around the nose and temples) thanks to the acne treatments, but because I slather on so much moisturizer to combat that, most make-up starts sliding off my face by mid-day. It's been my dilemma for years. I've done high-end foundations (EL Doublewear, MakeupForever etc etc), drugstore foundations (CG Aquasmooth and countless others), mineral foundations (Youngblood, Pur), powders (MAC), and I can't even remember what else. And yes, I've tried a dozen primers. I've never been completely satisfied with any of it. Inevitably, my "face" always start to fade and look messy six hours into my day.

Imagine my surprise when I picked up this for 4.95 at Wal-mart and... it worked. It was a totally random purchase, since I'm addicted to trying new things.

Pros:

- Ivory is a perfect match for me.
- Definitely doesn't look cakey to me. I'm used to wearing heavier make-up and this stuff is light as a feather going on. Compared to Doublewear and others, this doesn't feel heavy at all. It blends nicely (I just use my fingers)
- It LASTS. Like, at the end of my work day, my "face" is still there! I still can't believe it.

Cons:

- None yet (but knowing my luck, it will wind up breaking me out in an alien rash. I'll let you know if it does)

This is an inexpensive product that is kind of blowing my mind. If your skin sounds like mine, definitely give it a try!

(Also, I do use BP every day, so I don't know if it causes break outs. My BP seems to act as a barrier in general.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by applecour

I wish I could say this is my holy grail... I really thought it was! It makes your skin look flawless! While it doesn't control oil as well as I has hoped, it doesn't melt away or her splotchy either. The color matches are great - they're actually skin tone! Amazing right? Also, a little goes a long way and its so blendable. So what's the problem? I hate how my skin looks when I wash this off. Not only is it dull, but I always have little bumps. Today I had a Whitehead and that was the last straw. I won't be repurchasing and this will probably go in the trash. If you can make it work for you, I'm jealous.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Graceanator

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Im really sorry to seem like a downer but i think it is just too thick,it was very matte and that is good considering i have very oily skin,but its so thick that you cant even apply it with a powder brush,sorrry but im just not lovin it,also btw i am a teen so it happens but it made me break out

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2014 7:36:00 AM More reviews by EmmaS123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Overall I really like the product. I have fair skin with pinky undertones, so sometimes I struggle with foundations that make me look too dark or orange-y (even the paler ones sometimes). The 100 ivory works good for my skintone (whilst adding a hint of healthy colour) and blends well.
The product is a little thicker than I would normally opt for (coverage is pretty 'full'), althought as I tend to use tinted moisturers for day use, this is heavier than what I'm used to for day-to-day (the 'mousse' in the name is a little misleading for this reason). As a result, I tend to use this as a 'going out' foundation when I can go a little heavier than normal. This also works well tapped on lightly to cover any pimples or minor flaws.
My only faults with the product is that it does tend to sink into my fine lines (probably as a result of a heavier coverage) and it does try out my ezcema around my eye areas if used more than 1 day running. I think my next foundation will be the max factor age elixir to avoid sinkage into fine lines.
That being said, women under 30 - and those with blemishes or spot prone skin who want to avoid cakey concealer; this would be a better suited foundation.
I'd be happy to go back to this again, as the colour, blendability and price make this an overall good value foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by zoeylea

This product is just amazing. Before i found this i used Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream in Light, which i liked but did make me quite oily by the end of the day. I visited a friend and she insisted that i try her foundation (Rimmel Stay Matte) in True Ivory. At first, i was doubtful because i had never had much luck with foundations, they either would melt off after a few hours, break me out or just feel 'icky'. The best foundation i had tried before this was Rimmel Wake Me Up, but that broke me out after a few weeks of using. This foundation goes on wonderfully with my Napoleon foundation brush, and as it's so thick, you only need the tiniest bit and just buff it into your skin as much as you can before putting more on, its very easy to overdo and turn out cakey. True Ivory fits me perfectly, though my neck is paler than my face so i have to blend it pretty well, though what i find works well is using my BB Cream on my neck. The first time i used it, we hung around the house for a few hours, went to the shops, walked around a while and went home, then went out to dinner later that night, no touch up needed after 10 hours, and it gets fairly warm where i am in Australia (and humid!) I wore it every day for the last week of holidays, then the first few weeks of school and it always lasted perfectly, not even shiny at the end of a long day. I dont use moisturser, primer, setting powder or anything like that, just wash my face, then foundation, eye makeup etc. This foundation has only broken me out once, when i wore it to school and forgot to bring makeup wipes for our game. I'm in the Girls Rugby Union team at school and we catch a bus directly from school to the venue. So after an hour of rugby, which is a pretty full on game, running around sweating, and having my face mashed into the ground, understandably, i broke out a bit the next morning, but i can't really complain about that. Apart from that, no issues. It hardly even feels like im wearing foundation, it doesn't get heavy or sticky at all and it doesnt even have that gross makeup smell that you get sometimes after a few hours. Just a really great foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by stars22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really liked this product and it really gave me a photoshop, matte finish that looked and felt smooth with medium to heavy coverage. There were just some problems that bothered me. The biggest was that it broke my acne out 100%. I am acne prone, but lately my skin has been glowing for some reason and I've been almost acne free with a clear complexion. When I used this product, by the end of the day I already had pimples coming in and the more I used it (four times to make sure), the more aggressive my pimples became. It took two weeks without using this to return to how I was before, and still now I'm working to get rid of a pimple or two. Thing is, I understand that it just wasn't compatible to my skin. It could be a great product, but it just wasn't compatible to the pores on my face and it clogged it all up, which is a real shame because this product was GREAT for oily skin (like mines). This isn't a product for dry skin. If you have dry skin, avoid this because it will sit on your skin and cake up and dry up. I know this because whenever I use cleansing pads to help my acne my skin dries up, and when I used this product the day after it was horrible and it just made my acne worse. So avoid this if you have dry skin, but give it a chance if you have oily skin. Your skin might be compatible with it and you might not break out. Every foundation is different and every skin type is different, so just goes with what works for you.
This is a thick foundation, so use it lightly. Don't pack this one on or build it up. Less is more here, or else it will cake up and it'll be obvious you're wearing a lot of makeup. Other than that, it's a real shame this product wasn't for me because I love Rimmel London products. Though their match perfection liquid foundation worked fine with me and I love it (I'm using it daily with no breakouts).

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by eirelandogrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I would like to note I am extremely pale and excessively oily. I ran out of foundation and without any time to go to Ulta I quickly picked this up at CVS. At first I was so impressed with the color and the finish. However it wasn't long before I was chronically breaking out in large whiteheads especially on the sides of my nose, not to mention how blocked my pores were getting. Since I had family in town I was indulging more than normal so I thought this was the reason. Until no amount of sleep, diet, taking care of my skin etc. would make a difference. When I finally realized and stopped using the product my skin began to clear up again. I advise using with caution if you are acneic.