Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane , Dicaprylyl Ether , Water , Isododecane , Talc , Trihydroxystearin , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Silica Dimethyl Silylate , Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate , Polyglyceryl 3 Beeswax , Sorbitan Sesquioleate , Trimethylsiloxysilicate , Kaolin , Tribehenin , Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate , Propylene Carbonate , PEG 10 Dimethicone , Caprylyl Glycol , Polypropylene , Phenoxyethanol , Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer , Sodium Chloride , Dimethiconol , Laureth 4 , BHT , Tocopherol , May Contain (+/-): , Titanium DioxideCI 77891 , Iron OxidesCI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499

on 5/24/2015 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product has a mousse texture which I personally do not enjoy, it makes it difficult to apply and I often end up applying too much. It also sinks into fine lines and smells too much like makeup. It is oil free which is good, but it also means that if there is any flakiness on your face it will be immediately noticeable! The colour I chose is in ivory, which matches my skin well. Another negative point is that it oxidises quickly and doesn't stay put, even with a good primer. Do not purchase.

on 5/19/2015 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Not a product I would ever buy again, that's for sure! The shades are terrible, I have tried 3 different shades and all are really dark and pink toned! So there's a lippie knocked off there. The formula is very strange, mousse like but also oily?! And it's supposed to be matte! The texture is very thick and even with one thin layer it looks like you're wearing 10 pounds of makeup. Just overall a horrible product. Do not buy.

on 5/19/2015 6:23:00 PM

This product has the "mousse" texture. Very thick consistency. Medium coverage but feels like full since its so heavy! Dries super matte. Looks ashy on the face and more on the pink side. I don't know the lasting power since I have never worn this for more than an hour but I've tried many times. I'm going to try this as concealer and see if I can reduce the noticeable ashy look but overall horrible!!

on 5/10/2015 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

this stuff sucks. it settles into pores and does not provide much coverage. I guess that's what you get for buying cheap drug store foundation.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried this foundation last summer & love it! It has no scent but I am not sensitive to most foundation scents. I wear #100 Ivory. It's a great match going on! It wears really nicely over Hard Candy Sheer Envy matte primer (sky blue tube) & under Rimmel Stay Matte Powder #011 Creamy Natural. I don't like it over the Rimmel Stay Matte primer. I think it applies strangely over that, as in balling up. It doesn't oxidize or fade away over my work shifts where I get oily, sweaty, & hot easily. It seems to control my oil as the name says. I'm really impressed by how well it reduces the redness around my nose w/out accentuating the dry patches that occur there. That's the only spot I get any dryness since my skin is mostly oily. It's not heavy on the face. It camouflages my freckles & slight ruddiness to a great degree. My freckles barely peek through w/one layer & they don't bother me. I love how I can use my fingers to smooth it on. It blends like a dream! I tried a wedge sponge but it wasn't a technique I'd use all the time. I like the sponge to dab more on red areas when needed. Packaging is really cute, as usual w/Rimmel products. I adore the crowns! The squeeze tube is efficient & sanitary. The price is nice, also @ $4-$6 per tube.

on 4/23/2015 3:42:00 AM

Feel so uncomfortable on my skin the first time I used this. By the evening my face developed a few tiny bumps. Its only saving grace is that it did keep my oily face matte for a few hours. But maybelline dream matte mousse can easily do that too without breaking me out.

on 4/22/2015 8:46:00 AM

This thing is beyond AWFUL! I broke out like never with this foundation! Nevertheless, since I have a normal to dry skin this stayed really cakey because of its thick consistency. Although I really liked the full-coverage, I wouldn't repurchase this.

on 4/18/2015 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I really love this foundation. It's great for oily skin. Lasts a long time and covers well. The price is good and the packaging. The only problem I have with this is the color range. There's only 8 colors and the best I could do was103 true ivory. It's very pink on me but i can't go any lighter or darker. It's the best foundation there is for oily skin if only there were more colors to choose from. It's thicker than other liquid foundations but it doesn't feel heavy or sticky. I really love it but I can't use it since none of the colors match. Sad :(

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is a pretty good drugstore foundation, to be honest. I am super pale and the lightest shade matches me, which never happens. If you have oily skin, this is fantastic. If you have any dry patches, you must exfoliate for it to go on smooth. I put mine on over lotion and ELF primer. A tiny bit does for me, it blends well, and it covers nicely -- the texture is fantastic and it feels light. I think I might try mixing it with my moisturizer for summer, since I suspect it might be too much coverage for summer days, but the finish is great and it stays put on me all day. For the price, it really cannot be beat.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

If you have trouble looking for foundation for very oily skin, this is the best I've found yet in terms of keeping my skin matte throughout the day. I also have a lot of texture and discoloration that I need to deal with, and the thick consistency of this foundation allows for nearly-full coverage. The thickness of the product does take a while to get used to (it took me a minute to figure out the best way to apply it). It's called a "mousse," but really it's a lot denser than a typical mousse, so I'm not sure what you would call it....It's sort of in between a mousse and a PASTE.

The color variety is sparse, so that's the only problem. I use Classic Beige because my skin is pretty pale right now.

It lasts for about 8 hours... In those 8 hours it looks perfect and I'll look at myself in the mirror and be amazed because it looks like I just applied it. However, after 8 hours, my skin's oil finally starts to melt it all off. However, my oil usually does that an hour after most other foundations, so that makes this one a winner.

Video Reviews & Tutorials