Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

Cyclopentasiloxane , Dicaprylyl Ether , Water , Isododecane , Talc , Trihydroxystearin , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Silica Dimethyl Silylate , Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate , Polyglyceryl 3 Beeswax , Sorbitan Sesquioleate , Trimethylsiloxysilicate , Kaolin , Tribehenin , Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate , Propylene Carbonate , PEG 10 Dimethicone , Caprylyl Glycol , Polypropylene , Phenoxyethanol , Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer , Sodium Chloride , Dimethiconol , Laureth 4 , BHT , Tocopherol , May Contain (+/-): , Titanium DioxideCI 77891 , Iron OxidesCI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499

on 9/28/2015 8:24:00 PM

The packaging I am not a big fan of. It looks cheap in a squeeze tube. I prefer foundations in glass bottles with pumps because I find it easier to dispense the right amount of product plus glass bottles are prettier to look at when displayed on the dresser.

The consistency is thick so you have to be careful to use only the smallest amount unless you intend to build up the product. It can become very cakey when you layer on too much. I say this gives a full coverage and if you are lucky enough to select the perfect shade, this could do well to conceal all your dark spots without needing a separate concealing product. The finish is unbelievable matte and silky smooth.

I got mine in shade True Beige and unfortunately it has the opposite undertone with my skin. Even if the product is cheap, I will probably not purchase this again. I think none of the shades fit me.

on 9/27/2015 1:09:00 PM

I initially bought this product because I saw my sister was using it and she has quite break out prone skin and she was liking it. Also because it was on sale.

However, the first day of wearing it, I noticed that you really only need the SMALLEST amount to cover your whole face. Its also quite hard to spread without tugging at your skin! The product really dried out my face and it cakes up really easily so be careful.

Cover wise, it had good coverage but it really made my dry spots stand out.

I did actually lose this product and I never repurchased it.

on 9/27/2015 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I picked this up in the shade Light Porcelain (the lightest shade). Unfortunately that is still not light enough for my Celtic/Scandinavian complexion. I have more of neutral undertone while this was more yellow undertone. But that's the typical struggle with drugstore foundations. I do enjoy the mousse texture of this product and a tiny amount goes a very long way. I used less than a pea-size for my whole face. I didn't like how it looked on my skin when applied with a brush (I tried both a kabuki-style and my Real Techniques expert face brush) or sponges (tried both Beauty Blender and a wedge sponge). Finger application looked the best on my skin. I think it works better for mousse textured foundations to use my fingers over other tools. The foundation did conceal the rosacea on my cheeks (yay!) and evened out my skin tone overall. It stayed matte on my oily skin for several hours, although nothing can keep me matte all day. I have large pores on my face as well, their appearance was minimized, but they weren't hidden. Overall I think this is a nice drugstore foundation and, at under $5 a tube, it's a worth a try. I would re-purchase this if they had a shade that suited my complexion.

I had been dying to try this product for a while and finally settled on a color- 100-ivory. It's a bit on the pink side for me, but it's just one of those things that is inevitable for me- i can never find a good color match. ever. Anyway, i applied it over my peptide serum, gly-luronic acid serum, neutrogena SPF35 lotion and the Stay Matte primer. I used a damp blender sponge (real techniques) and immediately fell in love. My pores all but vanished, my atrophic acne scaring was decently covered, and my hyper-pigmentation disappeared. I had read that this stuff was pretty drying, but i'm rather oily in most areas, so i thought it was ok. I've never NOT had to use some kind of powder, so i just applied a light dusting of RCMA no-color powder. I thought it looked fantastic and it made a nice canvas for my blush. I checked it again in a few hours and noticed that yes, things definitely dried up, and it was kind of "cracking"- that is, scars/small lines that i didn't really know i had started showing up :( Also, my cheeks are a bit drier and that became quite noticeable after it all set. I'm super sad. I've been on an HG foundation hunt for a while now... i might have to try this on with my rosehip oil to see how that sets. it doesn't *feel* dry, though, nor is it as heavy as i expected. I thought it blended beautifully and is totally the fullest coverage i've ever used (probably high-medium/full). it just smoothed on so perfectly with the damp sponge. i was SO EXCITED!!! :'( More to follow...

on 9/23/2015 3:29:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I turned 50 in December and needed to start all over again with makeup. After 3 misses, I used Rimmel Stay Matte Mousse Foundation and fell in love! I wanted something that felt light and give me an even skin tone. I don't need full coverage but I'm sure it will give you that if you build it up. It's light and airy and was amazed that such a small amount goes a long way (more bang for your buck). Due to a limited budget, this "Drugstore makeup" fits my bill perfectly. It's matte! Which everyone says I need to use due to age and since I have combo skin (oily T zone) AND live in Central FL, I don't need to look "dewy" or feel like an oil slick - LOL. I just dabbed a few spots on one side of my face and use a foundation brush and then did the other side of my face, it went on smooth as silk - IT WAS MEANT TO BE!! But FIRST let me tell you I did give my skin care a total re-haul !! Apparently soap & water with an alcohol toner did me no favors. I felt clean but had lots of flaky skin - ewww. Once I got a basic skin care routine down, I couldn't believe the difference. So the Rimmel Stay Matte mousse Foundation work smoothly and evenly for me. It feels so soft and silky to the touch. I put it on about 10:00 am, went to town, got some groceries and gas, then came home and did some dishes and laundry. At 4:00pm I left to pick up a friend at the airport. When I stopped and looked in a mirror about 5 pm, I looked fine. I did touch my nose with a tissue to take the shine off but it wasn't "greasy". I do have a habit of placing my hands on my face a lot, so I did wear some of it away around my eyes - hard habit to break after 9 years or so. Any way - I am really excited about the cost, the small amount to use and finding the right skin tone to match. LOVE this foundation!!

on 9/22/2015 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I actually reviewed this on my YouTube channel. Price is excellent and it gave amazing coverage but it broke me out. Good buy if you need something cheap and quick but if you have acne prone skin I wouldn't use it often.

Click the link for video review

on 9/21/2015 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Like the reviewer below, I don't get the negative reviews - Are we reviewing the same product?! My only guess is that evidently Rimmel has upgraded its formulation of this product recently, because I have only positive things to say about it. First of all, color: As one with a fair, cool, Celtic skintone, it's very difficult to find foundations that aren't too dark and yellow, without of course spending a lot of money (which as a graduate student, I don't really want to do). So just based on color alone, this gets its five stars. And as for whether it's lightweight, heavens yes, it is! The trick I believe, as a reviewer below also mentioned, is to not use too much. Use a feathery-light touch, and it will be as light and fluffy as promised. My skin is also very sensitive and, no problems there either. I think this is for those of us who want simply a soft evening-out of the skintone without a heavy, mask-y application. I don't use a lot at a time, only a tiny dab to even out pinker areas of my face where I may have something like pre-rosacea, and it does the job beautifully. This goes on more like a fluffy primer and, for the first time ever with any foundation (even my old HG True Match, which is suddenly getting a run for its money with this), I honestly feel like there is nothing on my face. Great job, Rimmel! Editing to add, that for the record, I have this in the color "010" Light Porcelain.

on 9/6/2015 11:40:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

Not even joking, I've read soon many bad reviews about this product! However, It's the best foundation I've ever picked up! It stays matte, and is light weight! Others say it's not, however you do need to make sure you don't put on a lot... thats where it can become heavy, a little goes a long way. I love this foundation and I'll be picking up some more!

on 9/1/2015 10:34:00 PM

This foundation has a really nice mousse texture, solid coverage, and comes in a firm plastic tube, which makes it very easy to control how much you squeeze out.
That said, it is quite drying and has a tendency to give a chalky effect, which I loathe. I moisturize and use a Clarisonic every day, but this foundation seems to suck all moisture out of my skin. The dryness of the finish has a kind of aging effect and tends to accentuate fine lines, bumps, and imperfections, which kind of defeats the purpose of the good coverage. I've tried it with primer, but that didn't really help.
I probably would have loved this foundation in high school, when I had to really struggle for a matte finish, and it would have been much harder to make my skin look aged.

I have gone through two bottles of this and am planning on picking up more! It is one of my favorites, most definitely. It definitely doesn't live up to it's claims of being 'lightweight', but if you use a reasonable amount it doesn't feel or look cakey. It can be built to quite a decent coverage; I rarely use concealer with it. It lasts for quite a long time, and really does a great job of staying in place and not settling into fine lines and pores. Isn't kind to dry patches, but if you have oily skin you may want to try it!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation~First Impression/Review by AlexaMarieMakeup

Drugstore acne coverage foundation | Review of Rimmel London Stay Matte Foundation by Natasha Ohara

NEW Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation - First Impression (F.I.F) by Chloe Luckin