October 25, 2014 | 1711 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2014 2:14:00 PM More reviews by ARLOPEZ324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation is a blessing for people with skin like mine. I am oily everywhere, not just in my T-zone. And the oil is just ridiculous. I've tried everything and nothing has worked. I just always end up looking like the sweatiest slime ball by the end of the day. This foundation is a little tough to blend, and the color selections are a little off. I think the one I have is too light. Also, it does not photograph well. It makes you look very washed out. However, it does the job of not making me stay matte ALL day, but a lot longer than any other of my previous foundations, and for that I'm super thankful. I do NOT recommend this foundation for people who have dry, or even normal skin. It will bring out all of your dry patches. I only suggest this foundation for people who are super oily like myself.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2014 10:15:00 AM More reviews by linvala

Great coverage but makes me break out in cysts

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2014 6:22:00 AM More reviews by sophoconnorxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this product!
Leaves my skin feeling a bit sticky, however I use the Stay Matte pressed powder and it fixes that!
I use the Soft beige, which is a perfect match!
Super easy to apply, as it is a thicker formula aswell as its a MOUSSE!
I could not wait for it to come out!!! (I WAS SO EXCITED!!!! :D)
It has awesome coverage, which is great for me as I have uneven skin tones and redness!
So happy with this product! :)
Good luck x

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2014 2:49:00 AM More reviews by delocke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't have oily skin so that might be why it doesn't work for me but this foundation does nothing for my skin. it's very hard to blend, the only way I can apply is with fingers as it's too solid to be blended with a sponge or brush. overall even though it gave me a natural finish, I wouldn't recommend it. it also broke me out, and I have very easygoing skin :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2014 2:17:00 AM More reviews by aguadora

My HG foundation for oily skin. I am a warm-toned fair-medium and I mix shades 100 Ivory (good color match but a bit grayish) and 081 Fair Ivory (a little too light but suits me very well with its pale yellow tone).

I apply this over sunscreen (Neutrogena or La Roche Posay) and this is why I have not had any problems with caking. I'm surprised at how a little goes a long way. A pearl sized amount is enough to cover my face AND neck. I use my fingers to pat it on and blend out. Sometimes I"ll buff it out with a brush (RT Expert Face Brush or the Sephora 56), but most of the time just my fingers. I set it with a variety of powders, but the Stay Matte powder works well with it.

The coverage is medium - I still have to go over some darker spots with a concealer (Maybelline Fit Me. Under eyes: Rimmel Match Perfection concealer). I feel that it fades a bit by late afternoon, mostly on the T-zone, but not in a visibly terrible way. Oil control is THE BEST I have found in a drugstore foundation. Sometimes when I am very busy at work, I realize 6-8 hours have passed and I have not touched up once. I can get away with quickly blotting my nose/chin/forehead and it still looks good. That kind of performance seems miraculous to me. Most other foundations would have slid off my face by then.

I also like the Rimmel Lasting FInish, but for humid weather / summer this foundation is my first choice.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2014 10:19:00 AM More reviews by buytoomuchmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I honestly don't understand what all the fuzz is about.
I'd heard a lot about this foundation online; people saying it was their HG and it kept them matte or whatever.
Since it wasn't that pricey I decided to order it.
When I first tried this out, I thought I'd used to much. It does feel quite smooth but this creases like nothing. It clings to any dry patches which I'm not even having a lot of. It makes the tiny hair around my nose stand out like nothing else, it doesn't keep me matte at all, no matter if I use primer or anything under this. Also it's not really blendable.
All in all I'd definitely not recommend this for any skin type.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2014 4:58:00 AM More reviews by missmaddie91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wasn't too impressed with this foundation when I first bought it, but today I decided to give it another chance. BIG MISTAKE. By 12 o'clock the foundation was blotchy and dull and had basically all faded away. It looks pretty good when first put on but it doesn't last, even with primer and powder. I felt awful so made sure I bought a new foundation on my way home to cheer myself up lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by llburris

I have found a foundation that gives me the medium weight I want, FULL coverage, PERFECT colors for my skin and a price tag that can't be beat! I have combination skin and it has taken me forever to find ONE that didn't cause my skin to react if I wore it too many days in a row. I was constantly changing products. All of which I didn't love. Then I found this. At $5.49 for a 1oz tube I said "what the heck". I am SO glad I did. My skin feels and looks amazing. My fiancee' actually said to me that my skin looked amazing lately. I have bought a ton of these in the color that is what I call my "winter skin color" which I have most of the year. As my luck has gone, every company usually stops selling something by the time I get around to discovering that I love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Rozzy77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a sample packet to try. I tried about twice and got the same effect. My skin is oily/comb and found after I applied it - it came off like a slippery snake. Yuck! I even put mattifying powder on top to set it. I'm not happy with the product. Not my cup of tea.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by BrownEyes01

So I'm on the fence with this one. I like the way it looks right after I apply it. But I still get just as oily as I would have if I wasn't using a foundation that is supposed to help mattify. And I get really oily. That makeup slides off your face, wish I could use this oil in my gas tank oily. So I'm not impressed with the wear of this. I will go back to my Covergirl 3-in-1 or Revlon Colorstay. Don't even know if I really want to finish this. Sad, really.

*Update: So I decided to stop using this. I put it on this morning and 2 hours later, oil was starting to peek through. Eh. So I will probably use it mixed in with moisturizer on days when I'm just running errands but that's it. Went back to my Covergirl 3-in-1.