April 19, 2014 | 1052 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Since 1983 I've been trying and buying any foundation I can get my hands on that is oil-free. Anyone remember the old Maybelline Shine Free Foundation? Yeah, well that like Reagan went out with the eighties. Now however, seems that the technology is much better and all of the modern foundations I have tried are good, but none seem to "mattify" the skin with that dewy, but velvet smooth look. I was sceptical when I tried this one and am actually very pleasantly surprised. This foundation, coupled with the matching primer is the bomb for any skin that has any extra oiliness at all. With this, I don't have to touch up during the day and it makes my light normal-oily skin just glow. The only drawback is that there is no spf, but other than that, the beautiful and flawless finish that this delivers makes up for the lack of sunscreen ( I just whisk on my Olay spf 30 and I'm good to go). I LOVE this stuff and hope that they never discontinue it. I also use the matching powder as well which really controls oil well, but doesn't come with a brush nor a puff. Small price to pay however, for flawless, oil-free skin. Highly recommend. Love the purse friendly easy-to-use tube too.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2014 4:28:00 AM More reviews by cupcakeofmylife

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! I use it on a daily basis with my Real Techniques face expert brush. I am usually an NC 20-25 skin and I'm in the shade 103 Light ivory.

It doesn't oxidise on me (CG outlast did, a lot), and it smells kind of like a cake (in my opinion). On normal skin, it doesn't look cakey at all and does not emphasise pores. This foundation also stays on for a long time (about 8 hours on me)

One con to this foundation is that it may look cakey on dry areas/patches but can easily be fixed with a mist of MAC fix+ or to moisturise beforehand.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by cilla2229

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation! I have dry-ish skin with mild rosacea on my checks, nose and chin. It does not increase my dryness and covers my redness like a dream! I wear a light BB or primer to help smooth things out underneath, then a light dusting of my Cover FX loose powder and I'm set for hours. Also doesn't cause any flares to my rosacea, which I truly appreciate. An excellent option for a fuller coverage foundation that doesn't break the bank! (It's like $5!!)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 8:33:00 AM More reviews by sofisticationn

Wow. I am totally impressed by this drugstore foundation. This is great for DRY SKIN! Pair it with porefessional by benefit and blend it out with real techniques expert face brush. Lightly set it and then forget it. I wore it yesterday from 5AM to 7PM and it stayed looking amazing. Rimmel PLEASE DON'T DISCONTINUE THIS AMAZING FOUNDATION.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by roxyower

Ok let me start by saying that at first I HATED it. Almost threw it away. Set it aside forever. Then I started working longer shifts at work and my makeup I was using just wasn't working and recently my skin has started getting so oily. I was desperately looking for something that lasted longer. I was going to go with Estée Lauder double wear but was advised to go try dermablend. I got a sample and I loved it! But my sample was running out so I remembered the rimmel stay matte was the same consistency. I decided to try it ONE more time using the same technique I was using with the dermablend: prime with rimmel stay matte primer, apply foundation (USING DAMP REAL TECHNIQUES SPONGE), then set with rimmel stay matte powder. I worked for 8 hours today and I only blotted once and didn't hardly need to repowder! It was and even better combo than the dermablend, covergirl three in one, l'oreal infallible, etc. DREAM COMBO! Do yourself a favor, before you throw it out cuz it looks terrible with any other application, go ahead and apply w a damp beauty sponge. You will love the matte and light but full coverage!! I'm a convert. Thanks you rimmel for helping my 10 hour days not be extra miserable because I feel ugly!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2014 9:22:00 AM More reviews by ellen098

I didn't really like this product at all! It would flake off and depsite it saying 'Cake No More' I think it makes your skin look cakey. As it started to fade away during the day, it would not look natural at all, unlike other foundations. It did smell nice and it felt nice on my skin for a few hours. It did have a very strong colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 6:45:00 AM More reviews by Lovelylizzie

If I could, I would give this a 4.5.
This foundation is fabulous.
However, i use it more like a concealer because it's definitely full coverage (in my opinion).
It covers very well, you just have to be careful to not build it up and have it be too cakey.
If you're looking for a nice or lighter concealer for your eyes or anywhere really, this is definitely it and it's way cheaper than most concealers and you get double.
a little goes a very long way with this "foundation"

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by muzikmk18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was quite excited when this product launched and finally got my hands on it. Now, the problem with Rimmel foundations shades is that there's very few shades (8 shown on the website). Not only that, the shades are a little off sometimes as most lean towards pinker shades or it appears a little 'orangy'. If you can find a shade that suits you, great!

I have it in Soft Beige (200) which does fit me (just a smidge bit darker than my skin tone) and it has great coverage. It will emphasize dry patches so I think this foundation is suited more for normal/combo and oily skined people. The texture is quite creamy and the lasting power is nice as well. The texture is similar to the Revlon Colorstay Whipped foundation but I still prefer my Revlon one as it is my HG.

For people who are used to liquid foundations, it will feel a little thick on the skin but it doesn't bother me too much. Also, I have to give props to the packaging as it very compact and easy to travel with (a lot less bukier and more sanitary than my Revlon WF).

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Katlynmorrow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Amazing product very good coverage wear everyday as a base under liquid foundation only thing I don't like is when your coming to the end of it you can't seam to get it our of the tube

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2014 2:18:00 AM More reviews by Breevee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pros:
-Medium Coverage
-Keeps skin matte
-Cheap

Cons:
-Limited shade range
-Emphasizes dry skin