Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane , Dicaprylyl Ether , Water , Isododecane , Talc , Trihydroxystearin , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Silica Dimethyl Silylate , Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate , Polyglyceryl 3 Beeswax , Sorbitan Sesquioleate , Trimethylsiloxysilicate , Kaolin , Tribehenin , Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate , Propylene Carbonate , PEG 10 Dimethicone , Caprylyl Glycol , Polypropylene , Phenoxyethanol , Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer , Sodium Chloride , Dimethiconol , Laureth 4 , BHT , Tocopherol , May Contain (+/-): , Titanium DioxideCI 77891 , Iron OxidesCI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499

I have gone through two bottles of this and am planning on picking up more! It is one of my favorites, most definitely. It definitely doesn't live up to it's claims of being 'lightweight', but if you use a reasonable amount it doesn't feel or look cakey. It can be built to quite a decent coverage; I rarely use concealer with it. It lasts for quite a long time, and really does a great job of staying in place and not settling into fine lines and pores. Isn't kind to dry patches, but if you have oily skin you may want to try it!

on 8/27/2015 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I would not buy this again. The coverage is great but it's very thick and feels like a mask. It stays matte but it makes my skin dry. I didn't like it very much.

on 8/25/2015 1:07:00 PM

This foundation is absolutely terrible. It is not 'lightweight' in the slightest and is actually a thick mess. It does not blend at all when you put it on the skin no matter what you try to use... brush or sponge, forget it. It looks okay from far away, but if I were talking to someone face to face it just looks like a cakey mess. Even if you were to use the smallest bit of this foundation, it is still very cakey. This foundation also broke me out.

on 8/21/2015 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love a matte face, so I thought I would give this a try a while back. It is so thick, almost like really old dried out toothpaste, which is really uncomfortable to put on my face. It looks like theatre makeup, which looks good from a distance, a long distance, but up close it looks like paint. It stays on, but only because it's so thick. The only thing I like about this is that the tube makes it easy to dispense without being messy.

I ABSOLUTELY HATE THIS "FOUNDATION" Horrible color choices, does not blend, cakey even when a tiny tiny amount is applied, it is not lightweight like it claims, very heavy, if you have acne like me it will cake around your acne and make it way more noticeable. DO NOT BUY THIS.

on 8/10/2015 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It was super runny and did not blend AT ALL. It slid on my face all day and made my skin look shiny and more oily. I tried it twice and then threw it away.
Severely dissapointed.

on 8/7/2015 7:18:00 PM

I like this foundation, hands down. I wore it for prom and graduation and it didn't budge at all. A little bit of this goes a long way, I find. I'm not quite sure how to describe it but there's something I really like about it. I've recommended it to friends and they have said that they had a problem trying to determine their shade, so that's certainly something to keep in mind. I wouldn't suggest it for warmer undertones or tanned skin as it is pretty cool. It is very lightweight once blended onto the skin. Don't let the thick, moussey texture scare you. It lasted all night at prom for me, through sweat, hot lights and flash photography. My skin didn't have a reaction to it. It has a scent, yes, but it's not strong enough that you would smell it off of your face. It does have a matte finish and it is a natural looking matte finish. If you're going to use concealer, I would apply it BEFORE you apply the foundation. That's personal preference but I found that it works better that way, especially since it does have very good coverage. With my skin, I don't find that I need a primer, so that's a plus if you have good skin that isn't very problematic. Over all, I like the product.

on 8/4/2015 2:21:00 PM

I need MATTE'ness in my life, seriously, even at my age, my skin begs me for it. So I had read some awesome'ly good things about this foundation, which was compared to Kat Von D's Tattoo foundation. My pocketbook looked at me and said - 'Yep, cheaper is the way to go if you want to eat this week.' So my appetite won out.

Seriously, it was a bit heavy to handle so I used a sponge for application, but found the look to appear like I was wearing a mask. It did hold back the slick shine for the day, so I was impressed with that. And it lasted for much longer than I ever expected, which were all plusses in my book. But in the humidity of the summer, I didn't like the mask feel.

I would certainly repurchase if I truly wanted a deeply mask-like matte look. But I wouldn't use for an everyday kind of look.

on 8/2/2015 5:32:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Its like spackle. Yucky. Coverage too heavy. Bye bye in trash.

on 7/30/2015 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I like it because it covers well and makes my face feel great but the cover selection is shit. It's like Rimmel never heard of women of color bc the darkest shade is too light. Rimmel needs to expand their color section

Video Reviews & Tutorials