August 21, 2014 | 2094 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2014 12:10:00 AM More reviews by Tink862014

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I would not buy this foundation again. I have an oily t-zone especially bad on my nose and slightly dry skin on the rest of my face.This foundation is very thick and dry, and can easily look quite cakey. It does not keep my face matte for more than 2-3 hours, and that's using mattying primer underneath as well.
What I also don't like is that after a couple of hours the foundation seems to disintegrate and slide off my face or wipe off with only a slight touch.
I would love to find a foundation that actually lives up to its claims, but I'm still searching!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2014 2:56:00 AM More reviews by nhavothu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

Yep. It brings matte finish for my supa oily skin even though I didnt apply primer and pretty good coverage. But It looks so unatural, cakey and I feel heavy too. Also easily melted off after 4-5 hrs at work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by TheShe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm surprised by how much I like this foundation, considering that I've never been a fan of Rimmel products. But right now I'm alternating between this foundation ($6), and a department store BB cream that costs $30+, and it's a draw between the two.
I see a lot of reviews by folks who don't like it because it's really matte, which is odd to me. It's called STAY MATTE. It's matte. Go figure. If you have dry skin this stuff is going to look awful on you, but I'm not sure why you'd ever put it on dry skin in the first place.
I have very oily skin, and on me it creates a nice satin finish that stays reasonably un-shiny for most of the day. A little (pea size) covers my whole face, and I was lucky to find a very good color match. I just wish it had spf, but oh well. For $6 I can't expect the world.

Again, if you have dry skin: this is not going to work for you. I doubt any matte finish is a great idea for dry skin. But if you're like me and are quite oily, to the point that every other foundation slides right off by lunchtime, I really reccommend giving this stuff a try.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Chloeluckin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really did not like this foundation.

I purchased this because I have quite a bit of acne on my chin, and heard rave reviews about this product. Honestly, wish I never purchased this. I'm normally porcelain/Ivory in every foundation - basically the lightest you can get. I purchased porcelain and it was way too light. I literally looked like a ghost and even bronzer didn't work. Not a fan.

Pros:
It covered my blemishes
Cons:
Too cakey
Too thick
Colour way too pale
Doesn't blend
Broke me out

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2014 2:23:00 AM More reviews by ookaysee

Bear in mind that foundation is one of the makeup products that I refuse to buy at a drugstore. I use Makeup Forever HD foundation exclusively. I thought I would give drugstore foundation one more chance. So I bought it when Rimmel first rebranded it and it was a "new" product on the shelves. I only bought it because of the rave reviews. Wish I didn't. I haven't used it since. I gave it a shot maybe 5 times.

Even when mixed with my stila all over shimmer luminizer and with my face highlighted, contoured, etc. my face still looks dead. It is way too matte and lifeless. I guess it works if you have oily skin but my skin is normal. It doesn't seem to sit on my face and accentuate my pores like other drugstore foundations. So it just sits in the basket in my cabinet along with my other drugstore purchase regrets.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2014 10:08:00 PM More reviews by misspips

So I live in Texas, which is known for being pretty humid, at least in the Houston area.. my nose gets oily while my forehead is more dry and cheeks are normal. At first i really liked this product, because it didn't feel greasy like my last foundation but after the second use i knew this was not the product for me. It was way to dry to blend easily (i guess i like more of a liquidy foundation) and it made my slightly dry forehead look like i hadn't ever used moisturizer and was a flaky desert mess, my nose however was finally non-oily but instead looked like I had caked powder on it... I guess im off looking for the "perfect foundation". The reason i gave it two stars instead of one was because the actual color matched my light skin tone quite nicely

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Shann3n96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

At first I loved this foundation because the shade suited me perfectly and it didn't look cakey on my skin.But after a couple of uses, I found it started to accentuate all of the dry patches on my skin.Not a good look.I think it was my own fault because I should have known that a matte foundation wouldn't be suitable for dry skin.If you have oily skin this would probably work well on your skin.The price was also quite good,I got it for €7.95.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 2:58:00 AM More reviews by CaitlynDeMars

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Really really love this foundation!! Saw it at the Drugstore a few months ago and actually thought the coverage would be closer to that of a bb cream, however, it is full coverage which is great for my skin because I have acne and scarring! This covers it up greatly!! I recently bought the primer in the Stay Matte line at love it as well and it helps it to stay perfect all day! Can become cakey throughout the day so halfway through the day I'll use an oil blotting sheet or a kleenex in order to get any excess of my face, it tends to build up most around my nose! Prior to this I used the newest Covergirl foundation, the one with the primer built in!? And I like this Rimmel one much more! Cheaper and a fuller coverage! The only thing I'm not so much a fan of is that the product is in a tube, as I grew used to having the pump with Covergirl foundation I was using! But for the price, I'll take it! I've repurchased two times (once in a darker shade) for the low price of around $5 Canadian! Does not oxidize, and along with primer and powder in this line my makeup lasts all day! Definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 2:18:00 AM More reviews by unceded

This has become one of my favorite foundations after only using it for a week or so. It has really pale shades that dont oxidize, which is a major plus. I feel like it just blends into my skin and makes it looks flawless.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2014 10:51:00 PM More reviews by MikaVick94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

wow great coverage but i do NOT see this working for me in the winter/dryer seasons. i do have dry skin but in the summer its more of a normal/ little oily. so this works for now. but it does seem a tad cakey. i got the shade light ivory which is perfect. i do like this but not all around season lol. i DEFINETLY reccomend this for oily skin!!:)