Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane , Dicaprylyl Ether , Water , Isododecane , Talc , Trihydroxystearin , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Silica Dimethyl Silylate , Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate , Polyglyceryl 3 Beeswax , Sorbitan Sesquioleate , Trimethylsiloxysilicate , Kaolin , Tribehenin , Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate , Propylene Carbonate , PEG 10 Dimethicone , Caprylyl Glycol , Polypropylene , Phenoxyethanol , Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer , Sodium Chloride , Dimethiconol , Laureth 4 , BHT , Tocopherol , May Contain (+/-): , Titanium DioxideCI 77891 , Iron OxidesCI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499

on 3/2/2015 12:53:00 PM

I recommend before putting on this foundation to use lots of moisturizing lotion on your face if you have dry skin. It can make you very flakey if you don't use moisturizer , but if you do the coverage is wonderful .

on 2/28/2015 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I think I may have bought mine in a too dark shade but I also think t is quite a pink tone as well because it doesn't go well with my yellow undertones

on 2/28/2015 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Sets really quickly. Isn't good for dry skin. I'm extremely pale and the Light Porcelain shade actually matched my skin! My skin is sensitive and normal, so for me it wasn't flakey or cakey. It has really good coverage, but since I only need light coverage it was a little much for me. Overall, it worked nicely.

on 2/27/2015 6:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have tried multiple foundations to cater for my very oily skin and I'm pleased to say I have found this to work the best. Normally when I wear liquid foundations even with a pressed powder to set the foundation it'll last on my face an hour max without my skin turning into an oil slick. This foundation I can wear almost all day without this problem. The coverage on this foundation can be cakey but it obviously depends on how much you apply. If you have the same issue as myself then definitely give this a go because I can tell you I have tried numerous foundations to try and combat my oily skin issues and by far this has worked the best.

on 2/19/2015 3:12:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

I've been using this for about a week and I am pleasantly surprised. The foundation is highly pigmented and does a great job covering up the redness of my skin (I have rosacea). It is rich in dimethicone which helps provide a softening effect on the face. My skin is naturally oily but I also wear Clinique City Block Sheer SPF 25 daily so I know this product adds some shine to my face. Overall the foundation does control my oil but only in the sense that I don't have to use blotting powders as often. Also, when my oil has broken though, I feel there's something in the way dimethicone based foundations conceal the oil making it not quite as obvious. The Rimmel foundation reminds me of Tarte 12 Hour Amazonian clay foundation although not as drying and less costly. I use Hourglass Mineral primer prior to applying the Stay Matte foundation and then finish with my holy grail powder: Origins Silkscreen. With this combination I think I have found a winner. By the way, I apply this foundation by dotting it over my face, then tapping a damp makeup sponge over my face to blend, I tried applying it with a brush but that only amplified flakes on my skin. This stuff is cheap so worst case scenario, you're out 6 bucks.

So, as a 15--soon to be 16--year old girl, I love playing around with make up and seeing what works best for me. I have oily skin and very big pores, and to top it all off, I have extremely pale skin. Hard to find a good foundation for said skin, correct? Well, if you have skin like mine, I can honestly say give it a try. I bought it a while back before I found my holy grail Bare Minerals powder foundation, but now that it's running low, I decided to look at my options that I all ready had and re-found this foundation. It's a bit hard to spread but with a good foundation brush, it can look flawless. My only complaints are that even the lightest shade--which is honestly a lot lighter than any other drugstore foundation I've purchased--is too dark for my pale skin. Even then, with the price and end result, I find myself just dealing with it. If I wasn't so interested in trying every drugstore and high end foundation out there, I would definitely buy it again. I would also like to note that I do not have acne prone skin, and every once in a blue moon will I see a breakout. This means that I can't tell you from experience if it covers blemishes, but it is buildable and worth a shot.

This foundation is truly amazing for people with oily skin, I repeat, OILY SKIN.
All the reviews are negative because people say it didn't work for their dry skin or oily skin with dry patches. It's not for you if you have dry patches.
Before I started using Epiduo I had oily skin and this was crazy amazing for my skin, kept me matte all day. Now that my face is dry I cannot use this without it clinging to my dry patches.
If you have oily skin, give it a try, and if you wanna use it anyway with combo skin, MOISTURIZE.

on 2/14/2015 3:12:00 PM

I bought this product on sale a couple of months ago as I wanted to try it. Rimmel has become one of my favorite drugstore-brands. I have VERY a really light skin tone, and the lightest shade "Ivory" was way too dark for me. So I have to use a white mixer to make it match my skin.

It provides really good coverage, keeps me matte for longer compared to many of my other foundations, but I only rate it 4/5 because of the color (if I didn't have a mixer it would be completely useless), and because it doesn't keep me matte for as long as I would expect since this is a product made for keeping your skin matte. This is one of the only foundations that doesn't suddenly changes color on my skin. Other foundations tends to get really orange after they dry. Bottom line; good foundation, good price, really good coverage for my acne. I would recommend this :-)

on 2/14/2015 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Although the price of this product is excellent (around £5) it was a waste of money. It's so thick and cakey I couldn't even bear to wear this all over my face all day! It sunk into pores making them look terrible and full of this stuff. I can't comment on how matte it stayed because I couldn't bring myself to leave it on my face!

on 2/14/2015 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Bought this three times already. If you combine it with the "Stay Matte" primer and a good loose powder, even the most oily skin isn't a problem. I have problematic oily skin and this one really works for me. Very good build-able coverage too!

Video Reviews & Tutorials