Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane , Dicaprylyl Ether , Water , Isododecane , Talc , Trihydroxystearin , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Silica Dimethyl Silylate , Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate , Polyglyceryl 3 Beeswax , Sorbitan Sesquioleate , Trimethylsiloxysilicate , Kaolin , Tribehenin , Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate , Propylene Carbonate , PEG 10 Dimethicone , Caprylyl Glycol , Polypropylene , Phenoxyethanol , Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer , Sodium Chloride , Dimethiconol , Laureth 4 , BHT , Tocopherol , May Contain (+/-): , Titanium DioxideCI 77891 , Iron OxidesCI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499

on 3/27/2015 12:21:00 PM

I'm not sure why this is called a mousse foundation, it has the consistency of plain white toothpaste, but I went ahead and used a damp makeup wedge and it applied very fast and thin, while still covering and blending nicely. The lightest shade works well on my deathly pale complexion with a little smoothing out with the wedge. Much less orange on me than the Maybelline Dream Mousse in its lightest shade, and it didn't turn the sponge orange like Dream Mousse always does. I'm not sure why I hadn't run across this in the stores until now, it is nice for the price and I was pleasantly surprised.

I'm giving this a middle-of-the-road overall rating because fine 40-something age lines are ridiculously obvious with these thick, dry foundations, and this is no different than the rest. It feels like it's going to stay put and possibly not oxidize orange later in the day, but I will be checking. I tend toward oily skin so it seems I'm always looking for new products that can stand up to the oilies. It plays nicely with NYC translucent pressed powder.

This is the only Rimmel foundation I've found that is pale without having other tones on me. Most are too yellow. It does feel nice applied with a damp sponge, dabbing on with fingertips makes it much too thick to do anything with at all. No word on sunscreen, but it has some of the basic sunscreen ingredients; I wouldn't trust it to protect against sun damage alone. I burn easily and don't want melanoma, so I will be sunscreening.

on 3/22/2015 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

If you want to look like someone rubbed cake batter all over your face, this is the product for you! But if you're like everyone else, this is a terrible product. It is so thick and gloppy. It does not evenly distribute on your face. After putting it on my face, along with my mother and sister we all broke out with acne. I would not recommend this product!

on 3/15/2015 2:10:00 PM

I really like this foundation excellent:) ive tried millions of foundation this is great stuff .

on 3/9/2015 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product works well on my oily skin. It's super easy to apply and blends extremely well. The coverage it provides is excellent and it can be built up easily if needs be. Leaves my skin looking flawless. A staple in my makeup bag ☺

The only downside is the packaging as it looks quite cheap and gets dirty easily but I can live with that!

on 3/5/2015 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

For reference, I wear a MAC NC35 in ProLongwear and NC37 in Studio Fix Fluid, and in this foundation, I chose 200 Soft Beige. It's just a little bit pale on me, but if I use my pressed powder over it (MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Dark), then it looks fine. I think the color Sand might be a better match for me, but I couldn't find it.

Overall, I like this foundation because it gives full coverage, has a nice squeeze-tube container, and doesn't break me out. However, it takes a lot of "work" with blending and dabbing and the right powder to get it to look right, so I only wear it if I have a lot of time to work on it. It's definitely not a "swipe it on and go" kind of foundation. When I use my Mineralize Skinfinish over it, it does look a tad bit cake-y after a couple of hours (and I'm a full-coverage foundation lover, so I don't think most foundations are cake-y). However, if I use my loose mineral powder and buff it in, then it looks good. Still, it's a lot of work to get it to look right.

The coverage is full, and thick - a pea-sized amount will cover your whole face and more and be thick as heck. But, it works great if you have dark brown acne scars to cover on your face like I do.

The wear-time is medium to long. It doesn't last as long as MAC ProLongwear - I can get pretty oily on my nose after 6 hours of this, but it doesn't come off or anything - it just gets shiny. I think it wears off pretty evenly too, so you don't get patches of foundation here and there.

Overall, if you have near-perfect skin and prefer lightweight/light-coverage foundations, don't bother with this. You'll think it's way too thick and heavy. However, if you have a lot to cover and prefer full-coverage foundations like Estee Lauder Double Wear, MAC ProLongwear, Kat Von D Lock-it or Revlon Colorstay, then you would probably dig this, especially if you can find a good color match.

on 3/5/2015 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation. I have used it a few times. I understand how it can be seen as cakey because it is a thick full coverage foundation. However i find that if i use slow, dabbing motions instead of swiping and really taking my time to blend it makes it look great. I also only apply a tiny bit because it's so thick. I can also see how it wouldn't be great for people with super dry skin. So yeah, i exfoliate, moisturize and apply slowly in dabbing motions and it works for me :-)

on 3/2/2015 12:53:00 PM

I recommend before putting on this foundation to use lots of moisturizing lotion on your face if you have dry skin. It can make you very flakey if you don't use moisturizer , but if you do the coverage is wonderful .

on 2/28/2015 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I think I may have bought mine in a too dark shade but I also think t is quite a pink tone as well because it doesn't go well with my yellow undertones

on 2/28/2015 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Sets really quickly. Isn't good for dry skin. I'm extremely pale and the Light Porcelain shade actually matched my skin! My skin is sensitive and normal, so for me it wasn't flakey or cakey. It has really good coverage, but since I only need light coverage it was a little much for me. Overall, it worked nicely.

on 2/27/2015 6:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have tried multiple foundations to cater for my very oily skin and I'm pleased to say I have found this to work the best. Normally when I wear liquid foundations even with a pressed powder to set the foundation it'll last on my face an hour max without my skin turning into an oil slick. This foundation I can wear almost all day without this problem. The coverage on this foundation can be cakey but it obviously depends on how much you apply. If you have the same issue as myself then definitely give this a go because I can tell you I have tried numerous foundations to try and combat my oily skin issues and by far this has worked the best.

Video Reviews & Tutorials