November 23, 2014 | 1630 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by marimist

This is a great foundation! The coverage is probably high-medium, and gives me a soft glow that I've rarely gotten from other foundations. The only way I can describe it is it gives me a look reminiscent of the "soft glow" or sepia tone effects in Photoshop....so no complaints there! It is pretty thick and pigmented--as some reviewers have already mentioned, a little goes a long way. I squeeze out a tiny dot, and even then, there's still excess at times. It reminds me of the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse, but it might even be a bit thicker, and the packaging is more sanitary.

One thing about this, though, is that it does make dry patches super noticeable, so make sure you moisturize very well before putting it on. I also do hope they expand the shade selection too. I'm a light-medium yellow tone, and the shade I use is already the second to darkest shade, which is crazy. People with darker skin tone need to see how great this foundation is too!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2014 1:12:00 AM More reviews by Missconsistency

Can i say WOWZA! The color pigmentation is great, coverage? Excellent! Others have menttioned its quality is equivalent to high end Becca foundation for the fraction of the cost. The coverage is wonderful and lightweigh indeed. A squeeze tube is also always my personal preference when it comes to purchasing foundation to be able to use up every last drop and squeeze of foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 6:16:00 PM More reviews by MUAsAlbino

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Background on my skin: NC10, VERY oily, acne/rosacea prone. Not to mention - ugly.

This is my HG (holy grail) foundation. In fact this is the only absolute HG foundation I have ever had as none have ever amazed me with my problematic skin. I found this foundation after it was released here in March 2013. I can NOT believe I've been using the same foundation for over a year without "finding a better replacement". If you take a look through my profile's pictures you'll see I have had hundreds of different foundations, from high end to low end. I was loving Hourglass' Immaculate Liquid Powder foundation for a while, although it had it's flaws. However Rimmel's Stay Matte liquid mousse foundation blew it out of the water, for about $50 less.

The two main pros of this product - oil absorbing qualities and coverage. I am extremely oily. It doesn't help that I currently live in a hot humid hell also known as Texas. Even in the winter, I find myself blotting with powder after two hours. After finding Stay Matte liquid mousse however, I can go the entire day without touching up. That is amazing to me, and for that reason alone I will not stray. It doesn't get better than this.

As for coverage, I use a pea sized amount. Stay Matte will cover ANYTHING. It is very thick in consistency (hence why it's called a liquid mousse rather than just a liquid foundation). Just as food for thought - a pea sized amount of Stay Matte would be equivalent to the giant globs of Revlon Colorstay I used to apply. A tiny bit of this goes a LONG way.

The only cons this line has is shade selection. For what it's worth I use the shade Light Ivory. Not because it is my shade, but because the undertone is closest matching to my neutral leaning yellow skin. It's too a bit too warm/peachy though, and dark. I mix it with sunscreen to lighten it. I use a yellowish setting powder, and boom - this shade matches my NC10 skin. I did buy Light Porcelain for a bit, and that *was* pale enough for me. However it is cool toned, & correcting that with a yellow food coloring was too much work for someone as lazy as me.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by hy1ian

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've always been a huge fan of mousse foundations because I love the texture. Powders don't give enough coverage for me, and liquid foundations are either too sticky, or they emphasize my ice-pick acne scars.
However, I couldn't get myself to like this foundation. I applied it using different brushes, sponges, even my clean fingers, but nothing. It looks streaky no matter what, doesn't last long at all, and transfers way too easily. It also oxidizes within a couple of hours, but not just the shade. The undertone went from yellow-beige to complete pink.
I gave the foundation to my friend who has pink undertones and smooth skin and she loved it! So maybe it just wasn't the right foundation for me personally.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2014 1:09:00 AM More reviews by YourGurlfriday

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I asked the shop assistant for a recommendation for an inexpensive , everyday foundation. I was looking forward to using the product as I am very happy with the primer from the same range. Alas, I was disappointed. The consistency is thick and masque-like, and takes on orange tones as it dries. I wasn't happy with the heavy unnatural finish. It looks awful in natural light. I tried blending it with moisturiser, and this does improve the look somewhat. I prefer something with good coverage, but a thin consistency, so this doesn't fit the bill. I do however think it would be great for stage or on film, where the heavy look is desirable and you are seen at a distance. Would also be good for nights out as you are only seen in dim lighting and it does have amazing staying power- I went swimming in it and it didn't wash off! Price point represents fantastic value. Packaging is nothing interesting but does get dirty easily. Would not repurchase , or even finish using tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2014 10:45:00 PM More reviews by britthud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received a sample of this in Elle magazine. I believe it was the lightest shade. I got over a week of use out of a tiny sample pouch, so I know this product has good value in terms of a little going a long way. This product did help me stay matte and it had pretty good staying power. I remember being very impressed by how quickly it set, and how good my skin still looked by the end of the day. I was sad when my sample ran out. I've read and watched reviews mentioning clinging to dry patches. I don't have any, but that seemed worth mentioning for those that do. I saw this product at a Canadian Target store for $7.99 and was really excited to purchase it once I run out of my Revlon Colorstay. This price may be a little steep but Target doesn't have the best prices here. I'd definitely recommend this to oily-skinned folks. The only reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is because there are only 7 shades. This isn't any issue for me personally, but it can be an issue for others.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2014 1:05:00 PM More reviews by abbyashbey

I personally love this foundation! one little squeeze of it goes a long way! i recommend this to anyone who wants a good drugstore foundation. the price is good as well. I blend mine in with a small stipple brush and it gives a great finish

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2014 9:20:00 PM More reviews by RMartinez029

I am a Mac foundation junkie BUT I love this foundation. A little goes a long way. I set this with my Mac studio fix powder and wow it gives a great finish.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/31/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by karliemoore17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Other rimmel foundations that I've tried turn me orange after maybe an hour. This one made me look like a ghost. I bought the lightest shade, I'm very pale, and it made my face a whitish pink. It settled in all my pores, and didn't blend well at all. Would not reccomend to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2014 2:14:00 PM More reviews by ARLOPEZ324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation is a blessing for people with skin like mine. I am oily everywhere, not just in my T-zone. And the oil is just ridiculous. I've tried everything and nothing has worked. I just always end up looking like the sweatiest slime ball by the end of the day. This foundation is a little tough to blend, and the color selections are a little off. I think the one I have is too light. Also, it does not photograph well. It makes you look very washed out. However, it does the job of not making me stay matte ALL day, but a lot longer than any other of my previous foundations, and for that I'm super thankful. I do NOT recommend this foundation for people who have dry, or even normal skin. It will bring out all of your dry patches. I only suggest this foundation for people who are super oily like myself.