Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane , Dicaprylyl Ether , Water , Isododecane , Talc , Trihydroxystearin , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Silica Dimethyl Silylate , Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate , Polyglyceryl 3 Beeswax , Sorbitan Sesquioleate , Trimethylsiloxysilicate , Kaolin , Tribehenin , Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate , Propylene Carbonate , PEG 10 Dimethicone , Caprylyl Glycol , Polypropylene , Phenoxyethanol , Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer , Sodium Chloride , Dimethiconol , Laureth 4 , BHT , Tocopherol , May Contain (+/-): , Titanium DioxideCI 77891 , Iron OxidesCI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

It has great coverage and the shade Light Porcelain is perfect for me, but sadly it has absolutely zero staying power. :(

By lunch, it'll be flaking off, and no one has time for that!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'm really surprised by the reviews of this product.I currently have quite a bit of foundations Maybelline Fitme, Boots Matte, Graftobian cream, cc cream, and this is my favorite.

This foundation is the trickiest to apply...you have to, have to, use a damp sponge. A brush is just going to give you streaks. I would say that without some water this is a medium coverage making it great for any hyperpigmentation (which can't be said for the fit me or boots).

I'm very oily and find this stays on all day without powder which is kinda of rare for me (fit me boots, only last a couple hours). I also I'm not experiencing transfer problems like other reviewers, especially when I compare it to my graftobian cream or boots.

Essentially, all my foundations have a different time and place. I use this when I'm having a particularly bad breakout that needs to be covered or when I want my makeup to last all day.

The huge downside to this product for me is the color range I'm warm toned and have difficulty finding my perfect color, let alone a highlight or contour color which I will often do. Maybelline has now come out with a similar product Dream Velvet that has a more realistic color range, but may be a lower coverage, that I'm going to start experimenting with.

To start off, I have pale skin, and it is dry and flaky but it gets oily, so I wanted to try a matte foundation. The colour is spot on.Unfortunately, that's the only good thing about this. For anybody who is very pale and wants to know the shade, it's 010 Light Porcelain. It comes in a squeezy plastic container. When it first comes out, it's very thick. When I applied it, it barely budges or blends, and when I finally got it to move a little, it clinged to all of my dry patches. I tested it for the whole day and when I got home it was in patches all over my face and it was a mess. Yuck. I wouldn't recommend it at all.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I would never buy this again. I like the matte look of foundation however this cakes to your face and does not blend well at all. It stands out I had to take it off and I do NOT plan on using it again.

Do not buy this foundation. I picked it up because I wanted a lightweight foundation in a light color that was relatively cheap. It is, technically, those things. The foundation came out of the container like very dark sludge. I'm incredibly pale so that was a bit worrisome. The foundation did blend lightly at first but ended up caking up all over the place.

The problems didn't come until the afternoon, after about 7 hrs of wear. At this point, despite setting with powder, the foundation had creased pretty much everywhere. Gross but not disastrous. HOWEVER. It BURNED my eyes. The entire skin area under my eyes to the top of my cheek bones is bright red, puffy, and stinging. It looks like hives mixed with a chemical burn mixed with someone punching me in the face. My eyelids, which I primed with the foundation, were so puffy that I couldn't look up at all. When I got home I removed the foundation as best I could and put a cool compress on my face. This happened yesterday and I'm still in tons of pain.

While it is possible that my other makeup caused this reaction, it's highly improbable as all the rest of my makeup I wear daily and are my tried and true arsenal. The ONLY change I made to my routine was wearing the Rimmel foundation. If you have sensitive skin, sensitive under eyes, eye problems, or extremely fair skin I would not recommend this product. It might cause you pain and, barring that, the color won't match at all.

I hate this foundation. It is super cakey no matter how much you use. It breaks me out like crazy. I apply my makeup in natural light, but I have noticed that throughout the day it gets darker and unnatural. This foundation is heavy coverage and I've noticed that it clings onto my dryer patches (I have combination skin).

This is potentially one of the worst foundations I have ever used, and as someone who is limited to drugstore foundations due to budget, that's saying a lot.

First, this product settles so much into fine lines. It even seemed to create laugh lines that I didn't realise I had. It also slid around my face a lot and ended up caking in areas like my forhead, where I do have creases, which only made the settling more noticable (which may be my fault as I don't use a primer). The foundation maybe lasts a couple of hours before it starts to disappear, either from transferring or sliding around and caking. It is also kind of difficult to apply, and I find that with both a brush and a beauty blender, the product just slides away with it.

The only upside is the packaging, and even that is still pretty meh. Overall, this is a terrible foundation that I will definitely never be repurchasing.

Overall: 4 I'll give you what you want quick and easy: I ____ this foundation: love MUFE HD, hate KVD Lock-It, haate Neutrogena Healthy Skin, feel very painfully mediocre about both True Match and Fit Me, and I'd use tarte's Amazonian Clay if they paid me to advertise... or just gave it to me, free. This foundation surprised me. Full matte isn't my speed, so I'm not one of those who's consistently disappointed by all these claims of sucking every drop of moisture out of your face in one application. I like 'satin' also known as 'real-looking'. After my beastly moisturizer and a miniature application of a somewhat drying primer (I swear it's not contradictory in real life) this comes off what I think they intend, when first applied. Then it chills from demi-matte to satin. 'Matte' is *in* the *name* so I feel like I have to focus on it. Matte, somewhat. Stay, somewhat. I wasn't impressed with the Stay either. I'm not blind to the <$6 price tag though, so keep that in mind.

Price: 4.5 (Seriously, this is the last stronghold we have at the drugstore. In my mind I just can't comprehend Wet & Wild going up drastically after watching them brand themselves the way they have, but crazier has happened. I have a few alternate-HG's from Rimmel, so for the price/availability, amazing.)

Packaging: 4.5 (A cute, compact squeeze tube. The only thing better would be a slim glass bottle with a pump.

Coverage: 3.5 This one was my most uncertain. It's solid, based on average expectations I think. I see people on YouTube caakiing this. Batter, frosting, fondant, cake. It's not that type of party, girl. Not everything is buildable. I think this is, by nature, a light (between sheer and med) coverage foundation with potential to *reach* for medium. It can try to get on the big boy rides but it knows better.

Texture: 2.5 I split my positives and negatives between texture and application. I feel like, while this texture does nothing for me and seems prone to quick expiration/drying, this soaks into dry patches very easily. The actual texture is great aside from some creasing (and I'm pretty young - I don't have real creases) and the fact that powdered, sprayed, fixed or not, I can't get this in the finish I'd like.

Application: 4 People love or hate mousse. I love it because I know it means a well blended formulation that will likely glide on more smoothly, be lighter weight and dry/cure evenly. I always warm product up by starting with fingers, but a sponge is a necessity with this. I think this is where some of the bad reviews start. You can't build this up to full coverage. It's not meant to be and you know it. Mousse =/= more pigment. Mousse = airy texture. I would have appreciated a little more 'blending ingredients' so that a sponge wasn't absolutely necessary because fingers do provide better coverage for any given foundation.

Durability: 3.75 I'm talking about itching your face, adjusting your glasses, etc. I learned not to lean on my chin, rub my forehead, touch my nose, etc. etc. so I'm a pretty reasonable subject for review testing. This is a bit better than average, but only because of the *way* is comes off. It comes off as a smooth, almost-powdery pigment. No flakes, no clumps, average transfer but again, it's not like screen painting your face on a shoulder.

Wear Duration: 3.25 I was impressed with wear time, but I was really disappointed to see this type of foundation (great formulation in other areas resulting in a lightweight end-product) crease in my non-existent laugh lines. Not so bad on my forehead, and I feel that's more expressive for me. Either way, settling is a pet peeve of mine because at this point, our foundations/concealers can be so packed with pigment and so little 'carrier' that this should be an archaic term.

***Obligatory caution: if you're not white, this isn't for you. I'm just tryna save you some time. If you're looking for a super-light [color] foundation for balancing another one you like, feel free to choose any one of them though... I like the formulation.***

LITERALLY - This product deserves ZERO lippies. It should be called TAR for your face. I can't believe I actually tried to make this work more than once. It caused HUGE CYSTIC acne all over my face, which took weeks to clear. No foundation has ever produced this result.

I cannot imagine who this product might work for… a stage performer, as coverage for a terrible scar, or for Halloween makeup. It is the thickest foundation I've ever come across. The coverage is very good, but-- here's the catch--everybody can see the 2 inch blanket of foundation across your face. This product defeats the purpose of wearing makeup. It's been months since I used this product, but I had to write this review to let all the MUA users know. STAY FAR AWAY from this. Revlon Colorstay Foundation remains my drugstore HG. Second place to Revlon Photoready Foundation. Check those out instead.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I first saw a review of this on youtube. And i was convinced that it could provide good coverage, controll shine, and give you that matte feeling without the cakey look. I was sorta wrong and i was sorta right. It DOES controll shine but its only because its too drying. And talk about hard to apply! If you add too much it winds up making you look like someone putting on geisha makeup. A little does go a long way and it does provide good coverage but you have to really work with it to get it to look the way you want. will i buy this again? If it cost less than 2 bucks and i was desperate. yes. other than that, i wouldn't buy this again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Drugstore acne coverage foundation | Review of Rimmel London Stay Matte Foundation by Natasha Ohara

Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation~First Impression/Review by AlexaMarieMakeup