Rimmel Stay Matte Primer

3.5

ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, VINYL DIMETHICONE/ METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, POLYPROPYLENE, SILICA, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, GLYCERIN, LAURETH-7, TRIBEHENIN, XANTHAN GUM, PHENOXYETHANOL, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, CHLORPHENESIN, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, DISODIUM EDTA, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE. [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-: TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891)].

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ended up returning this after trying for almost a week - I ultimately just found it ineffective. I didn't find that it helped mattify or hide large gaping pores. I didn't find the feel of it to be particularly amazing, either, it felt more like a cheap lotion than any sort of primer that would actual pore fill or mattify. I don't have too much more to say than it just didn't work. I used to use the Fix and Perfect which from what I can remember was much better feeling/worked better than this.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

For me, this was a total waste of my time and money. Firstly, I have sensitive skin and even the Rimmel Lasting 25 hr. foundation breaks me out. I should have known better. I had heard some good things on Youtube and here about this product so I gave it a try. What attracted me was that it has the word matte in the title of the product. I have combination to oily skin and so I'm looking for a primer that will make my makeup last longer, hide pores and hopefully help me stay matte most of the day. This product is so thick, like a body lotion or a foot cream! Gross. It does dry matte and it's heavy feeling on the skin. Not something that blends in or melts in the skin. It does keep me matte for a bit of time. I didn't notice a difference with my pores around my nose. The main reason I hate this is because it breaks me out every time I use it. I know it's this product because I only put in my t-zone and that's where I'll get horrible cystic pimples! I can't even re-purpose and use it up on hands (maybe my feet) because it dries into a powder-like finish. Very drying.This product makes me want to cuss.

this works great with dewy foundations but is too drying with matte ones. it makes my skin looks great even when worn alone

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this primer as a stocking stuffer for Christmas but I believe it retails around $9.00 CDN from Wal-Mart.

I really didn't see much benefit to using this primer. It did take the shine away for a few hours but there is no glow that I get from other primers such as Almay's Luminous primer which is about almost double the price. I did not break out from this primer. It really didn't do anything special so I will not be repurchasing.

It does its job of covering my pores and keeping my BB cream flawless all day. Also works well as an eye primer - no creasing and my eyeshadow goes on really bright! Does nothing to actually keep it on my lids though but that's not why I bought it.

The packaging is pretty forgettable and I could've done with a thinner tube but I don't care much about those things, especially not at this price.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Fabulous!! I use it under my Mac studio fix and my T-zone barely gets any oil!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this as an alternative to Prime Time primer, mainly for the reviews and price. The first day, l LOVED it. It seemed to hold my makeup with no problems. Second day, it seemed to cause my makeup to slip. The third day, yesterday, I blotted my face a few hours after applying makeup and noticed the paper seemed much more oily than usual. Also noticed that my face felt a little itchy and sort of strange. Woke up today, my face had a few patches of bumps, mostly on my forehead and chin area, and it still feels itchy and sort of burning, and I have the least sensitive skin in the world. NOT happy. I took it back :/
Btw, The formula has a whitish lotion consistency, is kind of thick, and dries really quickly on the skin. Also, I would never recommend this to anyone. Ever.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I'm a pretty big fan of this primer. I use it under Bare Minerals and/or YoungBlood powder foundation. I usually use Bare Minerals because I bought the wrong shade of YoungBlood (Ivory - too light), but if I need heavier coverage I will mix the two.

I found that Bare Minerals left me shiny and greasy halfway through the day. I looked up some reviews of drugstore primers and this one was recommended by Allure.

I would say this lasts about 6-8 hours for me, with a blot with a plain powder puff halfway through the day. My face isn't an oil slick like it was before using the primer.

Easy application. I just use a dime-sized amount over my sunscreen (Aveeno Baby SPF 50) and blends outward from my nose and cheeks making sure to get my chin and forehead evenly covered. It doesn't smell weird or anything and it feels like a sticky lotion. Someone mentioned Cetaphil lotion and I agree.

I let it dry a few minutes and then dust my powder foundation on top. I find the foundation sets nicely but it doesn't "sink in" like it used to with just the sunscreen. Now it sits on top and I have to be careful not to rub my face or the makeup transfers.

My foundation gives better coverage now and my face looks smooth and glow-y, not oily. Yay!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

It helps my foundation say on a lot longer with less shine. Throughout the day I still get shine because I am very oily. I was skeptical because I don’t think it is oil free and I was scared it would break me out but it doesn’t. I apply this primer under my foundation. I noticed this is especially helpful on my under eye area it minimizes my pores. Speaking of under eyes I apply a lighter concealer in the shape of an upside down triangle and I noticed my concealer separated from my foundation making it too obvious but this primer helps the concealer stay making everything blend in and mix perfectly. It is not silicone like other primers I have tried which I like because I felt like the silicone ones just sat on my face. I feel like my skin really absorbs this primer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I was excited to use the rimmel prime matte when I bought it in stores. I thought the packaging & smell was just fine. When I tried the product, it felt great on my face for about 4 hours. But its caused me to break out after I kept on using it. For all my ladies with acne prone/oily skin I DO NOT RECOMMEND this product, it made my pores bigger & caused more acne. Overall, I will not repurchase this product ever.

Popular Primer/ Correctors