January 26, 2015 | 2181 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Rimmel - Stay Matte Primer

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2015 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Amalielv

I couldn't tell a difference with and without. And it smells weird. It didn't do it for me

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2015 4:28:00 AM More reviews by makeupalleyusername123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an amazing primer! It helps keep me matte for quite a long time (not all day, but I have VERYY oily skin so I think that's okay). It's very thick, which I like, so you don't have to use a lot. I use this all over my face, focusing on my T zone where I get extra oily. This product comes out of the tube white, but goes transparent when you apply it. It instantly mattifies my skin, and creates a very smooth base for foundation. I find it also slightly minimizes pores, which is great! I would recommend this to anyone with combination-very oily skin, and I will keep repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2015 8:38:00 PM More reviews by MeV28

Love love love this!! Goes great with my true match foundation definitely will be purchasing again!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2015 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Christina09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The consistency of this product is too watery. In a primer I'm looking for something a little thicker for my foundation to grab onto and I find this absorbs into the skin just a little too much. I haven't noticed any staying power with my foundation using this nor does it make my face matte. Better products out there, won't be buying again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2015 6:57:00 PM More reviews by clairesque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

i have oily skin and this primer does NOT keep me matte. i guess it keeps me matte longer than having no primer at all, but out of all the primers i've tried, this one wears the shortest. after a few hours i am having to blot oil/apply more powder because my face gets shiny and my makeup slips. this stuff is cheap but still not really worth buying. the one thing i do like about it is that it has a nicer texture than most primers--it's creamy rather than oily.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2015 11:38:00 AM More reviews by msgreason

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This primer is horrible it does not work at keeping your skin matte. Even after 1 hour in a dry environment my skin is oily in the areas where I put on this product I think my skin may not be compatible with this primer. I have to mix it with another primer before placing my foundation on in order for me to get a smooth flawless finish I will never purchase this product again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2014 9:13:00 AM More reviews by pazra17

Matte i did not stay! not keen at all on this product. my makeup slid all over my face and felt disgusting! and managed to dry me out at the same time

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2014 12:15:00 PM More reviews by AdriannaJ1997

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I did like this product. This would be GREAT for Oily-Very Oily skin is you want your makeup absolutely matte all day! I have Combination, so this didn't really work out for me because of the dry patches on my skin. I will probably repurchase this for the Summer when I have more Oily than Combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by MUAsAlbino

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

You know, I'm really not surprised by how much I like this primer. I am a HUGE fan of Rimmel's Stay Matte Liquid Mousse foundation. Naturally I had to try this one out.

For what it's worth, I *don't* pair this with the Stay Matte Liquid Mousse. That foundation does not need a primer as it's very long-wearing, thick, and fills in all my pores. Rather, I save it for days when I'm too lazy for liquid foundation & I opt for powder instead. This primer creates a smooth even base for the powder to cling to, in addition to keeping my pizzaface's oil at bay for hours.

Rimmel Stay Matte primer has outperformed many of the high end primers I own (Hourglass, Nars, Benefit, ect.). For less than $10, you really can't beat that.

Edit: To the reviewers stating this primer is liquidy - I believe you either got a bad tube OR you bought one from before the reformulation. I have bought many tubes of this within the past year & they have all been very thick in consistency. Give it another chance.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2014 5:06:00 PM More reviews by SophiaSopapilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This didn't do much for me. The texture is too runny for it to be a primer. It didn't reduce the oil, didn't help my makeup last longer, didn't make my pores look smaller.