October 1, 2014 | 1762 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Rimmel - Stay Matte Primer

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by AimeeMarieMUA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Let me start off by saying that I am really not THAT oily, my bigger issue is the fact that my sweat glads are 'overactive' for a lack of a better term, and I sweat very easily with little effort. This makes it hard for me to find products that have a good staying power on me. That being said, I am just not a fan of this product, or any of the other Rimmel primers.

I was hoping that this primer would have a similar effect as the powder, which I quite like. Sadly, it doesn't. Like the other primers Rimmel offers, this one has a very lotion like feel, which typically isn't that big of a deal-I'd rather have a primer sink into my skin than feel like its sitting on top of it, but this really just feels like too much of a lotion. My skin drinks it up completely, and I really can't tell much of a difference between the days when I do use it and the days when I forget and can't afford to take the time to stop, remove whatever face makeup I already had on, and put the primer on.

The packaging says that it is a 'skin perfecting primer can be worn alone, under makeup, or on top to create a perfect matte completion. Controls shine for up to 8 hours. Ultra lightweight formula minimizes the appearance of pores.' I found that it didn't make my skin or my makeup look all that matte. I also found that it was too light weigh feeling for my liking as I said previously, and it really didn't minimize the appearance of my pores-my problem area is around my nose, where my pores are practically swimming pools, and I didn't notice a difference at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2014 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Cortneywpatterson

This stuff made my foundation mess up really bad. If I put it on, I'd put my makeup and not realize til later I had these splotches on my face that just looked like I had no makeup there. I knew it wasn't the foundation (revlon colorstay) because I've used it a lot before. Stopped using this primer and the problem stopped. Don't know why. Won't be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2014 3:12:00 AM More reviews by hannahros3

I am incredibly oily and nothing rarely stops my shine for more than a few hours. This did not help with the shine at all. I enjoyed the way it felt on my skin but that was it. Also, after a week of using it, I got a break out of cyclic acne which is unusual for me. Back to the drawing board for a good mattifying primer..

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by galactic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have oily skin, and I live in Texas, so my face gets super shiny after a couple of hours. This was a pretty great primer, considering. It's thick, but it smoothed into my big cheek pores fairly easily. By the end of the day, I had minimal if any shine (more dewy than shine). I loved it more than I can express. I exfoliate, use silver powder, and moisturize with grapeseed or jojoba oil, then wipe off excess and apply this primer. I either use Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream or Revlon ColorStay as a foundation over top, and toss on a powder (usually Maybelline ... matte... something loose powder) and call it good. I'm content.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

Maybe just the slightest amount of oil control but not enough so that I really notice.
I will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by kaedegordon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

a tanka:

my face is shiny

rimmel stay matte does nothing

will not repurchase

might work for moderate oil

not much product in the tube

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2014 5:10:00 AM More reviews by Rayellaxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is okay. I feel as if it only works well with the fit me foundation though. Every other foundation I've used with it, it has done nothing

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2014 9:03:00 AM More reviews by 1017

Cystic acne. Oh well, I am not that oily to begin with but thought this would be nice for summer to decrease some of the oil I do get. It felt ok, not great. But I got a couple of really stubborn cystic zits from using it so I won't be continuing use.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by PiMehMeh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have combo-oily skin and I had hopes to use this to prevent shine longer when wearing it underneath my usual BB creams and foundations, but found that this did nothing for me after giving it a few tries. It applies like a soft, water-based lotion and dries to a very comfortable, natural finish. However, I wouldn't say that the finish is matte. That said, I got the same amount of shine prevention out of BB creams and foundations I tried this with that did not have a true matte finish--Shiseido Senka Mineral Water UV BB, Hada Labo BB Moist Emulsion, Maybelline Dream Pure BB, wet 'n' wild Coverall Cream Foundation. That is to say, it made no difference. I would still see shine coming through in roughly 4-5 hours, depending on the face product.

This unfortunately did nothing for me but wear comfortably. If it was an effective mattifying primer, then it has a killer price range of $5 for 1oz. But I'll pay a little more for a product that actually is effective at controlling shine on their own, like $8 for Maybelline's SuperStay 24HR Makeup or $21 for Clinique's Stay Matte Oil-Free Liquid Makeup. Rimmel's own Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation, also $5 per 1oz tube, surprisingly stays matte on its own more effectively than with its complementary Stay Matte Primer. This product was too easy to move on from.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by baileykf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this before putting my makeup on for a wedding, and it broke my face out. I've had 5 huge zits for a week now, and they're just starting to go away. It's a great product and works well, it's just that my skin is too sensitive to use it.