April 17, 2014 | 903 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Rimmel - Stay Matte Primer

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Arrosynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

So i'm a little torn about this primer. I like it, it goes on smoothly and is a great base for makeup, however it really doesn't keep my skin very matte. By about 2 in the afternoon (I put it on at 8) my t-zone is so shiny, and my skin isn't even that oily. I feel like underneath my makeup this actually has kind of slick, wet, oily feeling by itself and then it just makes my skin like that too. So I like it in the sense that it works for about half the day. And it's pretty decently priced. But I really don't think i'm going to buy it again, it just didn't work any miracles for me. It was just o.k.
I'm thinking I might try the other primer for a matte finish from Rimmel. I can't remember the name of it, but the one in the blue and white tube, I have a friend who tried that one after the Stay Matte didn't work for her either.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2014 1:27:00 PM More reviews by cJustine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Soo, what I mostly hate about primers is that Sillicone feeling. But this primer from Rimmel is nothing like that, the main reason I really like this product!

But I still haven't found a primer that can make my make-up last longer on my face.. Still I have a very dry skin and this product works fine for me.

I am still not done searching for thé perfect primer, but of all the primers I've tried, this is my favorite! (together with 'that gal' from Benefit).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 5:39:00 PM More reviews by rachellem

I love this primer so much! ive tried so many other primers like neutrogena and loreal but this one is the best so far. I have oily dry skin with acne in areas and I get crazy oily throughtout the day. I loved this product so much that I wore it alone, without any foundation.... TO SCHOOL. I havent done that in so long. I want to try Rimmel's foundation next.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

I've been testing out primers for close to 10 years now. You name the brand, I've tried it. You name the price point, I bought it! What are the most important jobs of a primer? 1. help foundation stay in place 2. provide a smooth surface to prep foundation. Who of all skin types should benefit from a primer? Me. Oily skin that causes foundation to melt off. So after 10 years, why am I NOW finding a primer that does what it is suppose to do? I wasn't even concerned about additional benefits like blurring out imperfections like pores or providing any other bells and whistles. I was desperate just to find a primer to do its most important job. Why I love this primer!
1. It helps my makeup, not just foundation, but everything stay perfect all day long. If you are oily like me, we not only worry about our foundations melting but our blushes fade, powders separate, concealers melt as the day goes on. This primer acts like hairspray for the face.
2. Foundation goes on so smooth and much more evenly when using this primer.
3. It keeps my face looking fresh and oil free for hours.
4. I don't have huge pores, they are larger than average though. What I have are some clogged pores on my forehead and cheeks. This primer really helps minimize the look of my pores.
5. Price
6. This primer doesn't cause breakouts and I don't have any sensitivies to it.
7. I love the texture of this primer! It feels like a lotion. It doesn't feel like the typical silicone primers. It doesn't have that slippery feeling to it. It is like a dry lightweight lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 11:03:00 AM More reviews by Miledys42

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

After trying every single primer out there I can honestly say that this has become my holy grail! My make up last longer and keeps the oil at bay super happy with this primer!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by vegamaria

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

love this :)I have combination but my T-zone gets very oily after 3-4 hours , but with this i don't get oily for about 8-9 hours and my foundation lasts longer :) it's very light and smoothing , but dosen't cover my pores at all even if it said to do . still a good product to try !

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Pen50

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Almost all foundations oxidize on me turning them brown, yellow, or orange depending on what the base color is. Using Rimmel Stay Matte Primer, however, fixes this issue for me allowing the foundation to stay true to color! I'm so grateful I gave it a try. I had been sample testing so many foundations and was never satisfied because of oxidation. It occurred to me one day that I needed a oil-control primer. I did a little research and decided on this one mainly because of the price. I was pleasantly surprised by how well it worked. I have used it with several different sample foundations now from MAC, Lancome, Estee Lauder, NARS, and Tarte and I have not had the oxidation problem....so, so happy!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by taliahtyra1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I actually really like this primer. I was very skeptical with trying a drugstore primer, but this primer has exceeded my expectations. However, it doesn't keep your face matte it gives it a kind of dewy finish, which isn't a problem for me because I don't mind the dewy finish. It does keep my foundation on much longer! I'm a typical broke college student so I'm glad there is a product like this to save me money! My skin is acne prone and I have notice a tiny bit more pimples than usual, but nothing too major where I would have to stop using it. I will be buying this primer again when I run out!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2014 1:18:00 AM More reviews by wendycoco

I actually really like this primer. At first I didn't cause I paired it with the foundation from the same line. Under my mac studio fix fluid it's perfect. I haven't found anything that works as well as my favorite mac prep and prime skin refined zoned but that's $25 for a tiny tube.
The rimmel definitely comes somewhat close, it keeps my matte doesn't irritate my skin and somewhat minimizes the appearance of pore.
Doesn't really have a scent, comes out as a lotion which is odd for something that is mattifying. Doesn't have the gross silicone primer feel like most do. Plus the price is right. I just bought a back up cause I'm almost out of the first tube.
This is definitely for oilier skin types but normal skin types may find this useful in the the summer.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Sroupas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OMG best primer ever, hands down!! This stuff is better than my rimmel skin perfecting primer. It really does keep my skin matte for a majority of the day and i couldn't hav asked for a better primer. It's a white thick cremey texture and has a light to no fragrance. The packaging is SUPER cute but the lid is a pain to screw on when I'm in a rush. I got this at my local Walmart for super cheap- under $10 but not sure of the exact price. Will most definitely repurchase!