December 21, 2014 | 1417 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Rimmel - Stay Matte Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by MUAsAlbino

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

You know, I'm really not surprised by how much I like this primer. I am a HUGE fan of Rimmel's Stay Matte Liquid Mousse foundation. Naturally I had to try this one out.

For what it's worth, I *don't* pair this with the Stay Matte Liquid Mousse. That foundation does not need a primer as it's very long-wearing, thick, and fills in all my pores. Rather, I save it for days when I'm too lazy for liquid foundation & I opt for powder instead. This primer creates a smooth even base for the powder to cling to, in addition to keeping my pizzaface's oil at bay for hours.

Rimmel Stay Matte primer has outperformed many of the high end primers I own (Hourglass, Nars, Benefit, ect.). For less than $10, you really can't beat that.

Edit: To the reviewers stating this primer is liquidy - I believe you either got a bad tube OR you bought one from before the reformulation. I have bought many tubes of this within the past year & they have all been very thick in consistency. Give it another chance.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2014 5:06:00 PM More reviews by SophiaSopapilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This didn't do much for me. The texture is too runny for it to be a primer. It didn't reduce the oil, didn't help my makeup last longer, didn't make my pores look smaller.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by velveteyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This product could be good, but it wasn't good for me personally. I have dry skin that gets oily in the t-zone. During the summer is when my t-zone tends to act up, but I don't think I am oily enough for this primer.

For me, it texturized the area throughout the day and did not keep matte either. I still had to use blotting sheets around the same amount as normal.

The price is nice though, so it's worth a shot. I didn't like it, but someone else might.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2014 3:37:00 AM More reviews by Chanel1993

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite primer I love it it keeps my foundation on for a long time and I have oily skin I live in Miami so my skin gets really oily and it really helps I love it I recommend to people with oily skin

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by MeganDan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I probably won't be running out to the drugstore any time soon looking for this product in particular. I mean it does its job, mattes down the face, leaves you with a nice silky base to apply foundation on top. I haven't noticed any breakouts either so that's a bonus. I have to say I was a little disappointed, this product was so well hyped, and when I finally got my hands on it I said mehhh. Last roughly 3-4 hours until I get shiny again and need to blot. I do however like the consistency, it's not your typical silicone feel, it's more like a cream.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2014 12:33:00 AM More reviews by jordynv808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product feeling hopeful that it would work well, but it didn't. Every time I use it my makeup slides off my face and it was like I was not using makeup at all. This product does not help with my oiliness at all!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by aussiesummernight

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i bought 2 tubes by accident base on good reviews says that it good for oily skin and large pores. Absolutely disappointed when i first opened the tube and put on my skin. it's too thin and watery, didn't cover any of my pores and break out like an hour later on my t-zone. Such a huge regret to purchased those terrible primer. But i discovered new awsome primer from l'oreal call magic touch instant blur. at least it's cover shine and large pores up to 4 hours on my oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2014 7:55:00 AM More reviews by TaliaBeautymakeup

I bought this product because I was a big fan of the stay matte foundation at one point. I have quite oily skin and love a primer that will let my foundation stay put for long hours. Unfortunately I found this product no good at all. When i put it on it applies very thickly and does not dry!! It makes my skin feel heavy and greasy. It aslo does not have much matte effect on my skin and I find that my skin is oily in a matter of hours. It is a good price and rimmel product are usually a good go to for me but this just not work for my skin. Would not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by humblebones

I have combination skin, with particular trouble in my t-zone. I find this primer works really well for most of the day, though I do have to touch up my nose/forehead in the mid-afternoons. I also don't wear foundation or concealer, so this is really all I wear on my face after moisturizing. It does a good job mattifying without leaving a chalky white residue, and it blends very well with my natural skin colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by Stephmatos07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best drugstore primer I've used thus far. Keeps me matte for about 6 hours or so. Doesn't make my skin look super greasy. Keeps face looking matte nicely. No strong scent. I would purchase it again