Rimmel Stay Matte Primer

3.6

ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, VINYL DIMETHICONE/ METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, POLYPROPYLENE, SILICA, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, GLYCERIN, LAURETH-7, TRIBEHENIN, XANTHAN GUM, PHENOXYETHANOL, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, CHLORPHENESIN, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, DISODIUM EDTA, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE. [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-: TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891)].

on 7/22/2015 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I picked this up at Walgreens for about $5 on a whim because I used their other primer and liked it. It was a sort of salmon pink color and noticed this was targeted for oily skin so I gave it a shot.

At first, I didn't like it. I felt as though it did nothing and made my makeup look cakey.
After using it longer I realized you really have to let it set for about 5 minutes.
I usually moisturize, wait a few minutes and then put on this primer.
(I'm usually doing my eye makeup or hair like clockwork. I'm usually listening to music so I put on moisturizer for a song or two then primer lol.)
It makes my face look matte instantly. Once it's set in it makes my foundation apply smoothly and nicely.
I do find that it makes my makeup stay matte a bit longer.
I definitely don't have to blot and powder nearly as much.
It makes my face look a lot smoother too which is great.
I definitely recommend it.
It's not something that's going to make a $3 foundation last all day I don't get why people expect it to do that.
Although I know a good primer for that would be the Becca one. I think that's the name

on 7/12/2015 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this and wore it under my cosplay makeup for a convention. My makeup stayed put despite being outside in 85 degree weather. It does help keep my oily skin shiny free for 6-8 hours if paired with a proper powder (I used NYX HD setting finishing powder) after liquid foundation application. I will say it's a little thick and may leave white streaks if poorly blended so blend well/ quick! I will repurchase this product. Pros: - fair priced for a drugstore primer - keeps skin matte as it claims - easy to use - found in most stores that sells Rimmel cosmetics - does not feel slippery or greasy like some silicone based primers Cons: - may leave white streaks if blended poorly - cap is twisted on the tube - might get easily mistaken as Rimmel's matte foundation due to similar packaging so double check

on 7/2/2015 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am almost done with this product and it's safe to say I will not repurchase.
My skin is very oily, and all I use everyday is primer, powder and setting spray on it, no foundation, yet this product only kept me matte for 4 hours.
The texture it has is identical to that of glue, super thick and it can leave white traces if you don't blend it in properly, but it doesn't leave your face tacky. It does create a matte skin, but it won't be that miracle primer you're looking for.

on 6/28/2015 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is really great for the price. I definetly find it makes a difference in keeping my skin greasy-free for longer than without it. I would not wear it on it's own as it's leaves a slight white pasty colour on the skin, however this isn't visible when foundation etc is applied! I have been repurchasing ever since! I do find that I run out of them quickly seeing as I apply it to the entire face. Otherwise great product and great price!

on 6/28/2015 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really enjoy this primer. it has a thick consistency and a weird scent but i don't mind it at all. I have been repurchasing this product ever since i discovered it because i love it and its cheap!

on 6/24/2015 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

A great base for makeup, for everyone thinking to get it definitely do so.

on 6/13/2015 4:16:00 AM

I read many bad reviews on this product and I honestly don't get it. I have very oily skin, especially my t-zone but this primer is able to control the shine for many many hours! I use lots of products on my face and this product does a perfect job on my face. The only thing I don't like about it, to be honest, is the smell. I find it a bit too nauseating for my taste but I don't really mind!

on 6/12/2015 10:16:00 PM

I saw some high praising reviews here and thought to give this a try for my T zone that acts up in the summer. When it's first applied, it makes you think that this is some powerful stuff; your skin mattifies instantly. Then the disappointment comes 2-3 hours later when your nose area is oilier than ever.
I say skip this product especially now that it's summer. My search for a good mattifying primer continues...

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Works well on my oily skin! I do feel it's a bit pricey for the amount, but I've repurchased this several times anyway. Would recommend.

on 5/29/2015 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I haven't used a Rimmel primer before. I came across this one and as someone with super oily skin, I bought it. It kept me matte for 3 or 4 hours. I really wanted to like it, but I just never really liked it. I'm almost done with it and I'm not going to buy it again

Popular Primer/ Correctors