Rimmel Stay Matte Primer

3.5

ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, VINYL DIMETHICONE/ METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, POLYPROPYLENE, SILICA, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, GLYCERIN, LAURETH-7, TRIBEHENIN, XANTHAN GUM, PHENOXYETHANOL, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, CHLORPHENESIN, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, DISODIUM EDTA, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE. [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-: TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891)].

on 3/30/2015 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've fine ally found my hg primer. Whenever i wore foundation r powder it would never last and my oil would come out it just a few hours. but i got this primer and it works great. i can have my foundation on for a full day and still not be too oily. it also makes my lasting power1000x better. for sure buying it again

on 3/27/2015 6:24:00 AM

I really enjoy texture of this product. It is like a cream and really mattyfies skin. I use it even as a eye primer and it works great!

on 3/24/2015 2:08:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Love! I like to wear my facial sunscreen pretty thick, problem is this usually leads to you looking oily. I dab and rub some of this stuff on after applying sunscreen and it completely takes away any gross shine! I apply my concealer and powder then and everything looks and lasts nicely, hasn't made me break out either, def repurchase.

This works for me. I've tried all kinds of primers from high end to low and this one does the best job. Is it a miracle product? Nope, not by any means. But it keeps me matte most of the day and my makeup stays put. And that is pretty much all I can ask for from a product. Just wish the tube was a little bigger or maybe in a pump. But I can forgo it for the price.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I am not a big fan of this primer. I just recently started consistently using foundation after years of just using concealer, pressed powder, and bronzer, but being 31, I really needed to start using more. I figured I could improve upon the look of my foundation by using a primer. I was at Ulta and picked up the anti-redness Smashbox primer, but once I read reviews decided against it and to pick up either the Neutrogena or the Rimmel primer. I ended up with this one because the Neutrogena one was sold out. As soon as I squirted a litte onto my hand, I was so excited because it reminds me alot of MAC Strobe Cream in color and consistency. I figured it would impart the dewy, glowly look most of us ladies long for. I exfoliated, moisturized, primed, used foundation, and then concealed and honestly think I like the way my foundation looks without the primer. I can't really tell much of a difference except I think my foundation has better coverage without the primer. Won't repurchase, but will probably try another brand of primer.

on 3/22/2015 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I like this primer! I found the stay matte foundation quite pore clogging if used everyday but this isnt the case with the primer. It feels and smells exactly like a thick moisturizer and when applied to a bare face before makeup provided a fresh matte canvas. I have combination skin with a slightly oily t-zone and this sucked up oils throught the whole day for me. I applied this matte primer with a dewy foundation (healthy mix) and it ended up giving me a natural/ satiny finish that lasted the whole day! the thickness of the primer also blurred pores around the nose for me as well.. i think this is worth a shot if ur looking for a primer to mainly control oily areas! it would work 100% if also paired with a matte foundation IMO! worked well for me and will repurchase.

on 3/4/2015 8:47:00 PM

I didnt really like it. It didnt help with the longevity of my makeup. I become crazy oily around my nose and generally an oil slick all over after about 3 hours. (I have tried this with 3 other foundations) I didnt really think it made anything matte.

Would I buy it again?
No. It just didnt work for me.

COLOUR: white, goes on clear once rubbed in.
TEXTURE/CONSISTENCY: it's a thick cream.
SMELL: moisteriser type smell. not overly strong.
PRICE: $12.95 - Target Australia

Quick about me:
Skin: I have oily t-zone, very oily around my nose, large pores, breakouts only on my jawline and occasionally on my chin. My skin is sensitive and hates pretty much everything!
Diet: I have just recently stop consuming dairy products and reducing my meat intake to see if that effects my skin. I also have increased my fruit and vegetables and water intake. Water has made a huge huge huge difference!!!
Lifestyle: gym goer, big lover of sports and outdoor activities.

on 3/1/2015 7:59:00 PM

I absolutely loved this primer. I never used to use primer so this was the first primer I had ever tried so I don't have anything to compare it to but I loved it so much I don't think I'd bother trying out other primers for the time being! This applied beautifully on my skin, gave it a velvety, matte finish. It smells nice and isn't very pigmented which suits me fine as I don't have a very uneven skin tone and don't require a base colour. My regular foundation applied a lot nicer, looked even better and stayed put all day. Am definitely re purchasing this product.

on 2/5/2015 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When I first used this primer I loved it so much but since the day after and on it hasn't worked the same at all! I have very oily skin and it actually makes my nose looks dry and patchy I'm not sure how I feel about this primer.

on 2/5/2015 12:45:00 AM

Don't bother spending over $7 on a mattifying primer! I purchased this after reading a review on xovain, and have not looked back. It keeps my face shine free without drying it out, and best of all you can wear it under or over makeup. Use sparingly though (only over shiny spots, not all over), and if you have dry skin avoid this product!

Popular Primer/ Correctors