November 26, 2014 | 1092 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Rimmel - Stay Matte Primer

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by MeganDan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I probably won't be running out to the drugstore any time soon looking for this product in particular. I mean it does its job, mattes down the face, leaves you with a nice silky base to apply foundation on top. I haven't noticed any breakouts either so that's a bonus. I have to say I was a little disappointed, this product was so well hyped, and when I finally got my hands on it I said mehhh. Last roughly 3-4 hours until I get shiny again and need to blot. I do however like the consistency, it's not your typical silicone feel, it's more like a cream.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2014 12:33:00 AM More reviews by jordynv808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product feeling hopeful that it would work well, but it didn't. Every time I use it my makeup slides off my face and it was like I was not using makeup at all. This product does not help with my oiliness at all!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by aussiesummernight

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i bought 2 tubes by accident base on good reviews says that it good for oily skin and large pores. Absolutely disappointed when i first opened the tube and put on my skin. it's too thin and watery, didn't cover any of my pores and break out like an hour later on my t-zone. Such a huge regret to purchased those terrible primer. But i discovered new awsome primer from l'oreal call magic touch instant blur. at least it's cover shine and large pores up to 4 hours on my oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2014 7:55:00 AM More reviews by TaliaBeautymakeup

I bought this product because I was a big fan of the stay matte foundation at one point. I have quite oily skin and love a primer that will let my foundation stay put for long hours. Unfortunately I found this product no good at all. When i put it on it applies very thickly and does not dry!! It makes my skin feel heavy and greasy. It aslo does not have much matte effect on my skin and I find that my skin is oily in a matter of hours. It is a good price and rimmel product are usually a good go to for me but this just not work for my skin. Would not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by humblebones

I have combination skin, with particular trouble in my t-zone. I find this primer works really well for most of the day, though I do have to touch up my nose/forehead in the mid-afternoons. I also don't wear foundation or concealer, so this is really all I wear on my face after moisturizing. It does a good job mattifying without leaving a chalky white residue, and it blends very well with my natural skin colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by Stephmatos07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best drugstore primer I've used thus far. Keeps me matte for about 6 hours or so. Doesn't make my skin look super greasy. Keeps face looking matte nicely. No strong scent. I would purchase it again

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by antiguru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really hated this at first. I still despise the foundation but that's another review. I decided to use this primer up because I'm a stubborn jack wagon. And cheap. After daily use for about a month now, I'm down to the last of it so I think I can offer a decent review.

I have oily skin so this should be perfect, right? No. It is very thick and white as it goes on but obviously blends into no color. It is not a slick primer. I prefer the slick primers. This was a bit tuggier, if that makes sense. It did make my skin instantly less greasy, can't say it really did much for my pores but I guess the little bugger tried. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. After a few hours, however, my oily T zone was distracting pilots from landing at the local airport. I feel, aside from aiding foundation application, it really didn't help me out too much at all. I have other primers for oily skin that work better in my opinion. NYX is a good one and one I never travel without.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Ashleyjune10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have severely oily skin. This product along with the other Rommel products I use, has given me hope. I apply this after I was my face, of course. it allows my make-up to stay longer. Also! my oil is contained for at least 5 hours!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2014 12:15:00 AM More reviews by kristenceline

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Honestly, don't even bother.
I have severe acne, oily and sensitive skin. I had seen multiple pre-views when this product first came out and was quite excited when it promised "Super matte finish" and to be "long wearing", neither of which it lives up to.
When I first applied it, the only thing I noticed was the smell. It is heavily perfumed, and not in a good way.
It has a thick consistency, which in turn sit heavy on the skin. It is also extreeeeeemmly silicone based, making your face feel like rubber.
After foundation application (L'oreal true match), it last for five minutes before it started breaking up and caking around my nose, chin and forehead, not being able to stop the oil and maintain the matte finish it religiously promised.
After the first bad experience, I just put it down to a bad skin day, and tried multiple other times. However, I continued to get the same results.
Not only did it not live up to the expectations, it broke me out. BIG TIME.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by AimeeMarieMUA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Let me start off by saying that I am really not THAT oily, my bigger issue is the fact that my sweat glads are 'overactive' for a lack of a better term, and I sweat very easily with little effort. This makes it hard for me to find products that have a good staying power on me. That being said, I am just not a fan of this product, or any of the other Rimmel primers.

I was hoping that this primer would have a similar effect as the powder, which I quite like. Sadly, it doesn't. Like the other primers Rimmel offers, this one has a very lotion like feel, which typically isn't that big of a deal-I'd rather have a primer sink into my skin than feel like its sitting on top of it, but this really just feels like too much of a lotion. My skin drinks it up completely, and I really can't tell much of a difference between the days when I do use it and the days when I forget and can't afford to take the time to stop, remove whatever face makeup I already had on, and put the primer on.

The packaging says that it is a 'skin perfecting primer can be worn alone, under makeup, or on top to create a perfect matte completion. Controls shine for up to 8 hours. Ultra lightweight formula minimizes the appearance of pores.' I found that it didn't make my skin or my makeup look all that matte. I also found that it was too light weigh feeling for my liking as I said previously, and it really didn't minimize the appearance of my pores-my problem area is around my nose, where my pores are practically swimming pools, and I didn't notice a difference at all.