Rimmel Stay Matte Primer

3.5

ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, VINYL DIMETHICONE/ METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, POLYPROPYLENE, SILICA, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, GLYCERIN, LAURETH-7, TRIBEHENIN, XANTHAN GUM, PHENOXYETHANOL, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, CHLORPHENESIN, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, DISODIUM EDTA, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE. [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-: TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891)].

on 8/27/2015 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I actually enjoyed this product. It's cheap to buy and it does its work. I used it as a primer under foundation and sometimes only that for no make-up days. Keeps my oily skin matte for a good 8 hours and minimizes pores. The packaging is a little uncomfortable because of the screw on cap, takes more time and can't get it on right when in a hurry. I will buy this again.

on 8/26/2015 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I am very impressed with how this performs considering how cheap it is! There is no annoying smell, and it's easy to apply. It has made a huge difference in the duration of my makeup longevity. Since it is so cheap I will probably keep using it before I try anything else! It really works, and I have the oiliest skin EVER. I am not exaggerating . The most mattifying foundations melt off in a few hours. This has truly made a difference!

on 8/26/2015 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've only recently been introduced to the world of primers, and due to my really oily skin, having a product thart would matt and reduce pore size ticked all the right boxes for me. It was reasonably priced at £7.99 and I was so excited to try it out. . . .

And I was so disapointed. Not only did my make up slide off my face faster than ever before, but it really didn't react well with my skin. My face felt red raw and burnt (bizarrely considering how greasy it made my skin).

Pretty gutted, but I'm still on the lookout for a good primer for oily skin. Fingers crossed.

I just don't like this. Doesn't do anything. Takes a lot of product to actually have any on. Makes my makeup very difficult to apply. Buy Baby Skin or Elf primer.

Actually, it is not good but not bad For The price. İt makes my skin matte, but you have to blend it very well. The formula is quite thick the color is white but when you blend it, it is transparent. It doesn't have a smell. I can't recommend it if you have very oily skin, because it is not longlasting.

on 8/5/2015 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I almost didn't get this because the reviews were so bad, but a friend swore by it.

Obviously, it's cheap so it's not a miracle worker, but it works so much better than MOM for me and its not bad on your skin. I can get around 5 hours out of this, and the only place I usually need to blot before 5 hours is my nose. That why I took a lippie off. However, I really like this stuff.

As for the texture, it's thick and does have a glue like consistency but I feel like that's not a bother and it fills in my pores and makes my skin look airbrushed under my makeup. It doesn't have a smell.

I have oily skin, maybe if you have dry or normal you might not want to use this.

on 8/5/2015 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this primer in high hopes for my oily, sensitive, acne prone skin. When you first put it on, if you don't blend it well, it will leave a sticky white residue. I applied this all over my t zone where I get oily and literally this product did not help whatsoever to keep me matte. It made me even oilier. My foundation was sliding off by 2 hours in. Plus I broke out in cystic zits. Maybelline baby skin does better than this or smashbox photo finish. Save your skin and the hassle.

I have to say that I like this primer a lot! I have a very oily t-zone, and my makeup almost always fades and melts away within a couple of hours. By the end of the day, it's almost like I haven't put a thing on my face.

I purchased this from the DS, and used it yesterday. It has the consistency and smell of Elmer's glue, and it's a bit difficult to spread, but it kept me MATTE and my makeup stayed in place all day! That is almost unheard of for me! I just needed to touch up with a little powder close to the end of the day.

I am so happy with this, because it's able to accomplish what other primers haven't been able to do for me. I wouldn't think this stuff would work well for a dry skinned person, but oily skinned ladies, give it a try! The price is great, and it does what it says.

Definitely a repurchase for me.

on 8/4/2015 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

i have oily skin and this primer works great! Recently i bought a matte moisturizer and they both work together amazingly! I still however get shiny and need touch ups through out the day but doesn't really bother me.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this primer! It's a white creamy lotion-like consistency. It's extremely mattifying and keeps me mostly matte all day long. You definitely need to make sure it/s rubbed in very well, otherwise it tends to leave a white residue on your skin. I apply a dime-sized amount a few minutes after my moisturizer and it covers my whole face perfectly. I look off a star on the packaging because it tends to get very dirty after being in my makeup bag for a while. Otherwise, its a great product and I would highly recommend it. I'm on my 5th tube now and have been using it for over a year!

Popular Primer/ Correctors