October 20, 2014 | 1868 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Rimmel - Stay Matte Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by Stephmatos07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best drugstore primer I've used thus far. Keeps me matte for about 6 hours or so. Doesn't make my skin look super greasy. Keeps face looking matte nicely. No strong scent. I would purchase it again

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by antiguru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really hated this at first. I still despise the foundation but that's another review. I decided to use this primer up because I'm a stubborn jack wagon. And cheap. After daily use for about a month now, I'm down to the last of it so I think I can offer a decent review.

I have oily skin so this should be perfect, right? No. It is very thick and white as it goes on but obviously blends into no color. It is not a slick primer. I prefer the slick primers. This was a bit tuggier, if that makes sense. It did make my skin instantly less greasy, can't say it really did much for my pores but I guess the little bugger tried. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. After a few hours, however, my oily T zone was distracting pilots from landing at the local airport. I feel, aside from aiding foundation application, it really didn't help me out too much at all. I have other primers for oily skin that work better in my opinion. NYX is a good one and one I never travel without.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Ashleyjune10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have severely oily skin. This product along with the other Rommel products I use, has given me hope. I apply this after I was my face, of course. it allows my make-up to stay longer. Also! my oil is contained for at least 5 hours!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2014 12:15:00 AM More reviews by kristenceline

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Honestly, don't even bother.
I have severe acne, oily and sensitive skin. I had seen multiple pre-views when this product first came out and was quite excited when it promised "Super matte finish" and to be "long wearing", neither of which it lives up to.
When I first applied it, the only thing I noticed was the smell. It is heavily perfumed, and not in a good way.
It has a thick consistency, which in turn sit heavy on the skin. It is also extreeeeeemmly silicone based, making your face feel like rubber.
After foundation application (L'oreal true match), it last for five minutes before it started breaking up and caking around my nose, chin and forehead, not being able to stop the oil and maintain the matte finish it religiously promised.
After the first bad experience, I just put it down to a bad skin day, and tried multiple other times. However, I continued to get the same results.
Not only did it not live up to the expectations, it broke me out. BIG TIME.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by AimeeMarieMUA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Let me start off by saying that I am really not THAT oily, my bigger issue is the fact that my sweat glads are 'overactive' for a lack of a better term, and I sweat very easily with little effort. This makes it hard for me to find products that have a good staying power on me. That being said, I am just not a fan of this product, or any of the other Rimmel primers.

I was hoping that this primer would have a similar effect as the powder, which I quite like. Sadly, it doesn't. Like the other primers Rimmel offers, this one has a very lotion like feel, which typically isn't that big of a deal-I'd rather have a primer sink into my skin than feel like its sitting on top of it, but this really just feels like too much of a lotion. My skin drinks it up completely, and I really can't tell much of a difference between the days when I do use it and the days when I forget and can't afford to take the time to stop, remove whatever face makeup I already had on, and put the primer on.

The packaging says that it is a 'skin perfecting primer can be worn alone, under makeup, or on top to create a perfect matte completion. Controls shine for up to 8 hours. Ultra lightweight formula minimizes the appearance of pores.' I found that it didn't make my skin or my makeup look all that matte. I also found that it was too light weigh feeling for my liking as I said previously, and it really didn't minimize the appearance of my pores-my problem area is around my nose, where my pores are practically swimming pools, and I didn't notice a difference at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2014 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Cortneywpatterson

This stuff made my foundation mess up really bad. If I put it on, I'd put my makeup and not realize til later I had these splotches on my face that just looked like I had no makeup there. I knew it wasn't the foundation (revlon colorstay) because I've used it a lot before. Stopped using this primer and the problem stopped. Don't know why. Won't be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2014 3:12:00 AM More reviews by hannahros3

I am incredibly oily and nothing rarely stops my shine for more than a few hours. This did not help with the shine at all. I enjoyed the way it felt on my skin but that was it. Also, after a week of using it, I got a break out of cyclic acne which is unusual for me. Back to the drawing board for a good mattifying primer..

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by galactic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have oily skin, and I live in Texas, so my face gets super shiny after a couple of hours. This was a pretty great primer, considering. It's thick, but it smoothed into my big cheek pores fairly easily. By the end of the day, I had minimal if any shine (more dewy than shine). I loved it more than I can express. I exfoliate, use silver powder, and moisturize with grapeseed or jojoba oil, then wipe off excess and apply this primer. I either use Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream or Revlon ColorStay as a foundation over top, and toss on a powder (usually Maybelline ... matte... something loose powder) and call it good. I'm content.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

Maybe just the slightest amount of oil control but not enough so that I really notice.
I will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by kaedegordon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

a tanka:

my face is shiny

rimmel stay matte does nothing

will not repurchase

might work for moderate oil

not much product in the tube