Rimmel Stay Matte Primer

3.6

ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, VINYL DIMETHICONE/ METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, POLYPROPYLENE, SILICA, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, GLYCERIN, LAURETH-7, TRIBEHENIN, XANTHAN GUM, PHENOXYETHANOL, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, CHLORPHENESIN, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, DISODIUM EDTA, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE. [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-: TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891)].

I have to say that I like this primer a lot! I have a very oily t-zone, and my makeup almost always fades and melts away within a couple of hours. By the end of the day, it's almost like I haven't put a thing on my face.

I purchased this from the DS, and used it yesterday. It has the consistency and smell of Elmer's glue, and it's a bit difficult to spread, but it kept me MATTE and my makeup stayed in place all day! That is almost unheard of for me! I just needed to touch up with a little powder close to the end of the day.

I am so happy with this, because it's able to accomplish what other primers haven't been able to do for me. I wouldn't think this stuff would work well for a dry skinned person, but oily skinned ladies, give it a try! The price is great, and it does what it says.

Definitely a repurchase for me.

on 8/4/2015 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

i have oily skin and this primer works great! Recently i bought a matte moisturizer and they both work together amazingly! I still however get shiny and need touch ups through out the day but doesn't really bother me.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this primer! It's a white creamy lotion-like consistency. It's extremely mattifying and keeps me mostly matte all day long. You definitely need to make sure it/s rubbed in very well, otherwise it tends to leave a white residue on your skin. I apply a dime-sized amount a few minutes after my moisturizer and it covers my whole face perfectly. I look off a star on the packaging because it tends to get very dirty after being in my makeup bag for a while. Otherwise, its a great product and I would highly recommend it. I'm on my 5th tube now and have been using it for over a year!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this on sale after wanting to try it for a while. It was not what I expected to say the least. The primer itself is a white cream that dries very quickly. After I applied it, I let it set for 5-10 minutes and noticed that my skin was in fact very matte and smooth. However, when trying to apply my foundation (Revlon Colorstay, formula for oily skin), I noticed that it wasn't really sticking to my skin but more sliding around. I had been using my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush so I switched to a beauty blender type sponge. My skin just looked scaly and awful but I was determined to give it a good go, so I finished my makeup as usual and went out for the day.
Being that I have super oily skin I always touch up throughout the day, so after a couple of hours, about the time I usually do, I checked how it was faring. Not only was I still sporting a scaly look that could rival the Lizard Queen, my face looked like an oil slick. I was out so I couldn't just take it all off so I fixed it the best I could and went on with my day. By the time I got home and looked in a mirror, nearly all my makeup had come off in patches. Not impressed.
The next day I tried it with another foundation (Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless) only to have the same results.
I also had a few new additions to my face, small pimples all over my forehead, nose, chin and the most inner part of my cheeks, where I get the most oily, as well as a huge cystic zit on my chin. Nice, right? I had been working working on clearing my skin for years, and a few months ago I succeeded, save the occasional few around hormonal times of the month, so imagine how pissed I was at this product. Just for reference, nothing else in my skincare routine changed, and now that I've would stopped using this, it's getting better. This surprised me because not many cosmetic products make me break out.
I personally wouldn't recommend this to anyone, but it doesn't mean it won't work on you. Try it at your own risk.

on 7/22/2015 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I picked this up at Walgreens for about $5 on a whim because I used their other primer and liked it. It was a sort of salmon pink color and noticed this was targeted for oily skin so I gave it a shot.

At first, I didn't like it. I felt as though it did nothing and made my makeup look cakey.
After using it longer I realized you really have to let it set for about 5 minutes.
I usually moisturize, wait a few minutes and then put on this primer.
(I'm usually doing my eye makeup or hair like clockwork. I'm usually listening to music so I put on moisturizer for a song or two then primer lol.)
It makes my face look matte instantly. Once it's set in it makes my foundation apply smoothly and nicely.
I do find that it makes my makeup stay matte a bit longer.
I definitely don't have to blot and powder nearly as much.
It makes my face look a lot smoother too which is great.
I definitely recommend it.
It's not something that's going to make a $3 foundation last all day I don't get why people expect it to do that.
Although I know a good primer for that would be the Becca one. I think that's the name

on 7/12/2015 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this and wore it under my cosplay makeup for a convention. My makeup stayed put despite being outside in 85 degree weather. It does help keep my oily skin shiny free for 6-8 hours if paired with a proper powder (I used NYX HD setting finishing powder) after liquid foundation application. I will say it's a little thick and may leave white streaks if poorly blended so blend well/ quick! I will repurchase this product. Pros: - fair priced for a drugstore primer - keeps skin matte as it claims - easy to use - found in most stores that sells Rimmel cosmetics - does not feel slippery or greasy like some silicone based primers Cons: - may leave white streaks if blended poorly - cap is twisted on the tube - might get easily mistaken as Rimmel's matte foundation due to similar packaging so double check

on 7/2/2015 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am almost done with this product and it's safe to say I will not repurchase.
My skin is very oily, and all I use everyday is primer, powder and setting spray on it, no foundation, yet this product only kept me matte for 4 hours.
The texture it has is identical to that of glue, super thick and it can leave white traces if you don't blend it in properly, but it doesn't leave your face tacky. It does create a matte skin, but it won't be that miracle primer you're looking for.

on 6/28/2015 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is really great for the price. I definetly find it makes a difference in keeping my skin greasy-free for longer than without it. I would not wear it on it's own as it's leaves a slight white pasty colour on the skin, however this isn't visible when foundation etc is applied! I have been repurchasing ever since! I do find that I run out of them quickly seeing as I apply it to the entire face. Otherwise great product and great price!

on 6/28/2015 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really enjoy this primer. it has a thick consistency and a weird scent but i don't mind it at all. I have been repurchasing this product ever since i discovered it because i love it and its cheap!

on 6/24/2015 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

A great base for makeup, for everyone thinking to get it definitely do so.

Popular Primer/ Correctors