July 22, 2014 | 2429 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Rimmel - Stay Matte Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2014 6:03:00 AM More reviews by miniequalcrzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It says it controls oil for eight hours it only controlled the oil for about five or six for me and that was with the stay matte powder on top. But the thing is my skin has been drying out from an acne medication so my face has become much more oily than it used to. Plus its hot out so I think this would work well in a moderate weather type area but its not the best thing ever though so if you're looking for a miracle product this isn't it. Its not the worst either however and as long as you're not very oily and you wear a decent foundation on top you should be good

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 11:59:00 PM More reviews by Slami2

Wow!! Think I found my HG primer! Kept my face a nice, smooth, matte finish all day, only had to lightly blot and repowder once in an eight hour period. I typically use MUFE primer and foundation. After a couple hours my face starts to look shiny, oily and undesirable...but not with this primer. A little goes a long way. So happy I tried this!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2014 3:26:00 AM More reviews by HulaMama14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product! I would definitely purchase it again. Its better than the Sephora brand smooth primer that I have been using in my opinion. I have combo/oily skin so this was a definite plus for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Lupse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't know if this primer really "mattefies", but it works great as a normal primer. I have oily skin and I feel that this primer make my skin less greasy. Not too expensive and you get enough product. I would absolutely buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Anj3110

This product is actually really good stuff and so worth the price! If youre someone who wears makeup on daily basis, suffer from oily skin which moves all the makeup then this is the one to go for! It will hold your makeup all day, and even does a decent job on not leaving the eye lid's oily :) . Defo purchase again!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2014 1:47:00 AM More reviews by RebeccaAL

Amazing product for the price.

I have combination/mostly oily skin and foundation can't last more than a couple of hours.

I had to go out for the whole day downtown Toronto and I ran out of my usual primer so I got this as a quick fix, was not expecting anything special but I was very pleasantly surprised! My makeup stayed on all day in the ridiculous heat (I did get slightly oily on my nose though, but that was quickly fixed using plotting).

It provided such a nice base for my makeup as well, my skin felt smooth and my foundation applied nicely on top of the primer.

Bottom line I highly recommend this for anyone who wants a cheap primer that WORKS.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by KimidoriNeko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My all time favorite primer. I like how it feels like lotion, yet it isn't too thick. I like the slight scent that it has. It keeps my makeup in place all day and it doesn't sting my skin like the previous Rimmel primer I used.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Bleaden

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loooove this primer.

I haven't used many primers to compare it to though. I've only used IQ Natural's primer, the Two Faced Primed and Poreless primer, and the Tarte Clean Slate Deluxe Trio.

The product is white and feels like a lotion. It's not watery, but it's not thick. It only has a very slight smell (at least it does to me. My nose doesn't seem to pick up many scents). It's not sticky at all and is very smooth feeling.

This is the best at keeping makeup on and oil away. I normally don't have large pores, but I have lately (maybe not LARGE, but it is compared to my normally small pores) and it doesn't do anything for them. I already had barely-there pores when I used the other primers, so I can't compare.

I used this under the BH Cosmetics liquid foundation and was amazed. That foundation already isn't matte and my oil shows up within 10 minutes even when I powder. With this, I don't even need powder and the foundation stays on for at least 5 hours without oil coming through. And when oil does show through, it's only a veeeeeery little bit on my nose.

Due to my darker skin, wearing this alone is a 'no' for me. It leaves a white film after drying and that doesn't work for my skin color. I always wear makeup, so this is no problem for me. I just thought it'd be nice to add for the review.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Mikey87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This primer is AWESOME!!! I have quite oily skin and notice that my make up never stays in place all day. I have tried mac, dermalogica and Estée Lauder and this is by far the best primer I've ever used!!! It makes my makeup completely flawless and last all day. It minimises my pores and dries up my excess oil. And best of all - it's super cheap!!!! This is a must have for anyone with oil combination skin :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by zojo09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Mind you, this is the first primer I've tried since I'm new to makeup. i do notice when i forget to put it on I turn into a grease monkey, so it does work. However, my skin still oils up, just not as bad. I may have to add a powder to my regimen. I may experiment some more and see what else is out there once this runs out