Rimmel Stay Matte Primer

3.5

ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, VINYL DIMETHICONE/ METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, POLYPROPYLENE, SILICA, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, GLYCERIN, LAURETH-7, TRIBEHENIN, XANTHAN GUM, PHENOXYETHANOL, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, CHLORPHENESIN, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, DISODIUM EDTA, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE. [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-: TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891)].

on 7/2/2015 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am almost done with this product and it's safe to say I will not repurchase.
My skin is very oily, and all I use everyday is primer, powder and setting spray on it, no foundation, yet this product only kept me matte for 4 hours.
The texture it has is identical to that of glue, super thick and it can leave white traces if you don't blend it in properly, but it doesn't leave your face tacky. It does create a matte skin, but it won't be that miracle primer you're looking for.

on 6/28/2015 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is really great for the price. I definetly find it makes a difference in keeping my skin greasy-free for longer than without it. I would not wear it on it's own as it's leaves a slight white pasty colour on the skin, however this isn't visible when foundation etc is applied! I have been repurchasing ever since! I do find that I run out of them quickly seeing as I apply it to the entire face. Otherwise great product and great price!

on 6/28/2015 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really enjoy this primer. it has a thick consistency and a weird scent but i don't mind it at all. I have been repurchasing this product ever since i discovered it because i love it and its cheap!

on 6/24/2015 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

A great base for makeup, for everyone thinking to get it definitely do so.

on 6/13/2015 4:16:00 AM

I read many bad reviews on this product and I honestly don't get it. I have very oily skin, especially my t-zone but this primer is able to control the shine for many many hours! I use lots of products on my face and this product does a perfect job on my face. The only thing I don't like about it, to be honest, is the smell. I find it a bit too nauseating for my taste but I don't really mind!

on 6/12/2015 10:16:00 PM

I saw some high praising reviews here and thought to give this a try for my T zone that acts up in the summer. When it's first applied, it makes you think that this is some powerful stuff; your skin mattifies instantly. Then the disappointment comes 2-3 hours later when your nose area is oilier than ever.
I say skip this product especially now that it's summer. My search for a good mattifying primer continues...

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Works well on my oily skin! I do feel it's a bit pricey for the amount, but I've repurchased this several times anyway. Would recommend.

on 5/29/2015 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I haven't used a Rimmel primer before. I came across this one and as someone with super oily skin, I bought it. It kept me matte for 3 or 4 hours. I really wanted to like it, but I just never really liked it. I'm almost done with it and I'm not going to buy it again

on 5/29/2015 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

I have oily skin , and I must say it does minimise the amount of times I have to powder my face throughout the day, however this only lasts a few hours then im oily again like I never applied a primer lol so id say you get what you pay for to be honest, meaning it's not the best mattifying primer by far! also, it doesn't fill in my fine lines on my forehead which was a disappointment!

on 5/3/2015 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I love this primer!
It is so hard to find a primer and foundation for my skin because I have so many things I need to consider. My skin is dry-combination, very oily forehead, redness, acne-prone, sensitive and acne. I have found that this primer has managed to keep my foundation from slipping on my forehead for a good 6-8 hours, and then I powder after this time. Without it, I have to powder after about 2 hours. It hasn't irritated my sensitive skin and it works amazingly.

For a full review, check out the video...

Check out my youtube channel: