Garnier Clean + Blackhead Eliminating Scrub for Oily Skin

3.7

Active Ingredients: 2% Salicylic Acid. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Polyethylene, Sodium Chloride, Acrylates Copolymer, Coco-Betaine, Cocamide MEA, Glycerin, Charcoal Powder, Citric Acid, Iron Oxides, Polyglycerin-10, Polyglyceryl-10 Myristate, Polyglyceryl-10 Stearate, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Sodium Hydroxide, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Fragrance.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Accidentally bought this instead of the Invigorating Daily Scrub, which I love. I like the smell and texture of this (very very fine grains), but I'm pretty sure it breaks me out somehow - I've been breaking out a bit since I started using it, which I don't usually do. I don't have blackheads, but I haven't noticed any decrease in the sebaceous filaments in my nose. I'll probably finish the tube to see if it's one of those things that makes your skin purge and then is amazing, but I won't repurchase unless something changes.

on 2/28/2015 9:42:00 PM

I used this all over my face and broke out. I gave it a second chance and only used it on my nose every week (I rarely break out on my nose), but it really didn't do anything for my blackheads.

Ah I wanted to like this but it totally broke me out. I might have been using it too much, or going through a "purge period" but the huge cystic acne next to my mouth and on my nose was enough to make me stop using it. I didnt want to wait it out and see if it got better. Bummer, because the scrub beads felt nice. And no go for me but maybe people with less sensitive skin would like it.

on 1/23/2015 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Great consistency for a scrub, smelled very strong and manly, which I don't like to smell in products that are supposed to make my delicate self more attractive. It burned my eyes, even when I avoided that area, as I tend to do with scrubs. Somehow, it would still make it's way up to my delicate eyeballs and proceed to burn with the power of 1,000 suns. I will probably go blind 10 years earlier than I would have, but I finished this puppy up. Will not buy again, though.

on 1/19/2015 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I spent Thanksgiving week at my sister's house, and forgot my facial cleanser at my house. This is all she had, and with her living so far out in the country, the few stores near her home were closed, so I had no choice but to use it.

I don't have any blackheads, but I do have oily skin and acne so I figured this would work for me. The packaging is a standard tube, and does what it needs to just fine. The design is quite appealing and vibrant. I can't really say a whole lot about the scent; it's smell like a normal face wash with a bit of clay-ish hints. The texture is like a normal gel face wash, not too thick or runny. It goes on well and its exfoliating properties do well. It really brightened my face and made my skin soft.

Like I said, my skin is oily, but in the autumn and winter I have a few dry patches here and there. This intensfied those spots and made my overall skin quite dry. It did an excellent job at removing dirt and makeup. I couldn't tell you what it does for blackheads, and it didn't do anything for my acne, from what I could tell.

All in all, I consider this to be a standard facial wash. It cleanses well, but that's all it really does for me. The price is good, about $6 for a 5 ounce tube at Target, but it honestly isn't special enough. It's not bad, I'd recommend it, but not purchase for myself.

Eh it's alright a good exfoliator, it made a few more blackheads to appear

on 12/30/2014 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I just wanted to add a response to some of the other reviews I read on these products online.
Women said they went online to either check the company out or try to get more and said they could find nothing-that this company didn't exist.
I don't know how they attempted to look it up but when I did, I found it immediately.
I'd just like to tell those women~don't bad mouth a company or product because you want to see your name on a website! The things said we're ridiculously untrue and unnecessary.
Thank you.

on 12/30/2014 1:33:00 AM

makes my skin nice and soft and its just the right amount of exfoliants inside. im really picky with my facewash...this one had just enough, most of the scrubs barely have any exfoliants or too many but this one has the right amount and not too harsh. only been using it 2 days and noticed my acne clearing up already

I use OCM, and that has helped my acne out a lot. However, my nose is riddled with black heads that no amount of natural exfoliants has helped. Enter this product. I use it every other night on my nose only and it has worked great. I don't use it anywhere else. This is a keeper- nice lather with a good "manly" smell that doesn't linger. :)

on 12/6/2014 3:08:00 PM

Though this product didn't help get rid of my acne, my skin feels soft and less oily especially around the nose area. I have been using this product for a week and have had no breakouts.