Garnier Clean + Blackhead Eliminating Scrub for Oily Skin

3.6

Active Ingredients: 2% Salicylic Acid. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Polyethylene, Sodium Chloride, Acrylates Copolymer, Coco-Betaine, Cocamide MEA, Glycerin, Charcoal Powder, Citric Acid, Iron Oxides, Polyglycerin-10, Polyglyceryl-10 Myristate, Polyglyceryl-10 Stearate, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Sodium Hydroxide, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Fragrance.

on 5/10/2015 12:25:00 PM

Verdict: I'm kinda bummed out with this wash.

My general concerns: I have combo skin with some dark marks from previous acne and redness around some areas like my chin and nose. I also have blackheads covering my nose and random annoying ones on my forehead and chin.

Results: I've learned to be very patient with my skincare so if somethings not perfect, I don't throw it out! I let my skin purge and then I hope to see the results of whatever product I just switched to... I'm almost done with this bottle and even though I'm seeing less blackheads, I'm getting huge cysts on my face frequently and I never get those! Also, my redness hasn't subsided, if anything it's been exacerbated by this wash. I like the unisex fragrance, the tingly cool feeling, the foam it creates, and the gel consistancy. So all in all, it's not a terrible product, it did get rid of some blackheads, but nothing else improved and I won't be purchasing it again.

on 5/9/2015 11:29:00 PM

Ok this product is great. My pores shrunk, blackheads disappeared, and my acne faded! BUT on my fourth day of use my skin was beautiful; except for the fact my whole was burning and was dry and peeling!!! I loved this product though( and I'm not one to give up). So I went off the product for a week to heal my skin. Then after that I started the product again, and this time I didn't hold back on the moisturizer! So my skin is soft and beautiful like a princess now.....

VERDICT
Do not use the product without mosturizer

Amazing but dries skin out

Actually works

on 5/6/2015 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Has a heavy, manly (like cologne) scent which I don't really mind. Doesn't eliminate blackheads at all and eaves my skin VERY dry even after only one use. I used it 2 days in a row and my skin ended up burning and peeling like mad. Especially my nose, the skin felt very thick and wrinkled (it hurt to even wrinkle my nose) and my forehead was just flaking. Threw it out, waste of money.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Accidentally bought this instead of the Invigorating Daily Scrub, which I love. I like the smell and texture of this (very very fine grains), but I'm pretty sure it breaks me out somehow - I've been breaking out a bit since I started using it, which I don't usually do. I don't have blackheads, but I haven't noticed any decrease in the sebaceous filaments in my nose. I'll probably finish the tube to see if it's one of those things that makes your skin purge and then is amazing, but I won't repurchase unless something changes.

on 2/28/2015 9:42:00 PM

I used this all over my face and broke out. I gave it a second chance and only used it on my nose every week (I rarely break out on my nose), but it really didn't do anything for my blackheads.

Ah I wanted to like this but it totally broke me out. I might have been using it too much, or going through a "purge period" but the huge cystic acne next to my mouth and on my nose was enough to make me stop using it. I didnt want to wait it out and see if it got better. Bummer, because the scrub beads felt nice. And no go for me but maybe people with less sensitive skin would like it.

on 1/23/2015 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Great consistency for a scrub, smelled very strong and manly, which I don't like to smell in products that are supposed to make my delicate self more attractive. It burned my eyes, even when I avoided that area, as I tend to do with scrubs. Somehow, it would still make it's way up to my delicate eyeballs and proceed to burn with the power of 1,000 suns. I will probably go blind 10 years earlier than I would have, but I finished this puppy up. Will not buy again, though.

on 1/19/2015 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I spent Thanksgiving week at my sister's house, and forgot my facial cleanser at my house. This is all she had, and with her living so far out in the country, the few stores near her home were closed, so I had no choice but to use it.

I don't have any blackheads, but I do have oily skin and acne so I figured this would work for me. The packaging is a standard tube, and does what it needs to just fine. The design is quite appealing and vibrant. I can't really say a whole lot about the scent; it's smell like a normal face wash with a bit of clay-ish hints. The texture is like a normal gel face wash, not too thick or runny. It goes on well and its exfoliating properties do well. It really brightened my face and made my skin soft.

Like I said, my skin is oily, but in the autumn and winter I have a few dry patches here and there. This intensfied those spots and made my overall skin quite dry. It did an excellent job at removing dirt and makeup. I couldn't tell you what it does for blackheads, and it didn't do anything for my acne, from what I could tell.

All in all, I consider this to be a standard facial wash. It cleanses well, but that's all it really does for me. The price is good, about $6 for a 5 ounce tube at Target, but it honestly isn't special enough. It's not bad, I'd recommend it, but not purchase for myself.

Eh it's alright a good exfoliator, it made a few more blackheads to appear

on 12/30/2014 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I just wanted to add a response to some of the other reviews I read on these products online.
Women said they went online to either check the company out or try to get more and said they could find nothing-that this company didn't exist.
I don't know how they attempted to look it up but when I did, I found it immediately.
I'd just like to tell those women~don't bad mouth a company or product because you want to see your name on a website! The things said we're ridiculously untrue and unnecessary.
Thank you.