April 21, 2014 | 1027 users online

Cleansers - Garnier - Clean + Blackhead Eliminating Scrub for Oily Skin

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 2:39:00 PM More reviews by mgates31790

My new favorite face wash!
I was looking to try a face wash with charcoal since that is the new hype in skincare. I had to make sure I found one that also contained salicylic acid for my breakout-prone skin. This face wash had both. It also has exfoliating beads, and creates a good lather. The smell is manly, but not overpowering.
My skin has never felt so soft or smooth. I also have not experienced one blemish or breakout since using this product.
Please do not discontinue this!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2014 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Aniax021

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I did not like this scrub and here's why:

It completely dried out my skin, I have very oily skin and this scrub stripped my skin of all it's oils..my skin was left feeling tight, dry, shiny, it was like plastic...not good!

Acne-wise..it did ok for the breakouts I already had on my skin but I do believe it was creating a couple extra pimples as well because the next day while my old pimples were significantly smaller I got a couple new pimples! in the process.

The fragrance is VERY overpowering, it smells like heavy men's cologne, but Garnier's skin care product's the one's I'v tried in the past have always been heavily fragranced..except not like men's cologne.

>>Overall I would not repurchase this product, it stripped my skin of all it's oils, did not help with acne, the fragrance was way too much for me. This product was not doing any good for my skin.

You should never look for such drying product's, it's not good for your skin. I prefer balancing ones that balance your skin/oils..not strip your skin of them.. but to each their own, apparently a lot of people love this product..I did not.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I recently picked this up because I was having a flare up of acne and wanted to give my skin a break from my knock off Pro-Activ, the Equate brand. Anywho, I picked this up at K-Mart for less than $8 and was pleasantly surprised by the results! After only two days of using this, it had helped clear up the breakout I was having and also seemed to take care of some of those pesky blackheads I get on my nose and chin. This scrub makes my skin feel really soft and nice after I use it, but usually within a few hours, my face feels a little tight and red. I just have to make sure to limit myself to only using this a few times a week instead of a few days in a row as it can be a little harsh to my skin. Overall, I'm pleased with the amount of money I spent and also because it has helped clear up my skin. I will keep this product in my skincare regimen!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by ashleyg56

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Ok, I've used this product only tonight, but it is SUPER amazing. It smells kind of manly, but I like it. It starts off pretty smooth then gradually turns into more of a grainy texture.. It made my face SO SMOOTH!! Instantly my face looked more glow-y and smooth. I really enjoy this. I have OILY OILY OILY skin even in winter months and 2 hours after washing my face, it still feels baby-butt smooth. I hope this product turns out good in the next few weeks of using it, like no brake outs.. Price is really good too! Cant wait to wash my face in the morning with it! I will probably use it only a few times a week, as it is an exfoliator, which can be rough on the face if used too much..

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 12:01:00 AM More reviews by Gremlynn13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

I very much like the clean feeling this product gives, and I use it for makeup removal after I've wiped off the first layer of foundation. If you like St. Ives apricot scrub, then you'll enjoy this one too. The only thing i can think to complain about- and not even seriously, is that it smells a bit like men's deodorant to me. XD

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 12:27:00 AM More reviews by LaurenBahu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I recently ran out of face wash and new I had to go shopping. Last night I saw the commercial for this and thought "wow! Charcoal...that's different!" So today I bought the product. It was on sale for $6.99 at my local Meijer. The original price is around $8. That's not too bad. I have some acne issues and I experience oiliness and dryness as well. The grittiness of the gel felt like it was really cleaning deep in my pores. When I rinsed it off my skin felt so smooth. After my shower I had to use some moisturizer (which I would do anyways) due to some dryness. Over all, my skin feels so good and I can't wait to see the long term results!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2014 3:06:00 AM More reviews by ivorybeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This scrub is gel based, foams up with water & has just enough grit to it to exfoliate w/o tearing up my skin. It is slightly irritating to my skin, highly fragranced like a floral perfume & turns my face pink for about 1.5 hrs after cleansing. Overall this product has helped unclog my pores & smooth my skin, but in the process has also made my skin quite sensitive/pink, more so than usual. If fragrance doesn't bother you, I would recommend you give this a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 4:32:00 AM More reviews by Lovelaura23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin looks feels clean nd my makeup glides on smoother

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I found this at Bed Bath & Beyond and decided to try it to see if it would help get rid of some acne and blackheads. I had been using Skinmedica Facial Cleanser prior to using this, which worked great to clean my skin but did nothing for blemishes.

The charcoal in it is supposed to help clear out the sebum in your pores, so I was sold. After 2 days of using this scrub, I found that the pores on my nose looked cleanser (without me having to purge them) and a few big pimples that I had on my cheeks and forehead were practically gone.

I bought this AND the Garnier Pure + Shine Control Cleansing Gel, which also contains charcoal, but I think I like the scrub better because it's less drying. I have oily skin but in the winter my skin feels dehydrated. Plus the exfoliating particles help me remove dead skin, flakes, and makeup residue.

I will definitely continue to use this and recommend it to anyone with oily, acneic skin!