December 19, 2014 | 1600 users online

Cleansers - Garnier - Clean + Blackhead Eliminating Scrub for Oily Skin

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2014 3:08:00 PM More reviews by Jennyjackiee

Though this product didn't help get rid of my acne, my skin feels soft and less oily especially around the nose area. I have been using this product for a week and have had no breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by JessDom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have always had normal skin and I never had breakouts. But a few months ago I got pimples, zits, blackheads, you name it all over my face. I tried everything out there (proactive, neutrogena, clean and clear, clearasil, and that apricot scrub everyone is talking about) nothing worked on my face! I was starting to get annoyed because I would use clearasil before and it would get rid of my pimples. Not this time. I bought this after reading other people's reviews. Some said it was great and some said they regret buying it. I'll tell you my experience: this saved my face!!!! Seriously this stuff works and it hasn't been a week my face is 80% clear. The charcoal in it deep cleans your pores without scraping your skin. Some people are really picky saying the smell is manly or the beads are too hard-- who cares it works!! (the beads are NOT hard) I find it funny that some people want all the benefits without feeling anything. This product seriously does everything it says. Doesn't dry out skin- I use this twice a day sometimes even three times a day. I got this from Walmart for under $6. I will definitely buy more and recommend it to all my friends and family. I dont know about other garnier product but this one seriously works! Don't read any more reviews... Go buy this from Walmart!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by evanlami

I bought this before I realized it had environmentally catastrophic microbeads in it. Microbeads are terrible for the environment and are clogging up tons of lakes and other bodies of water in the US. Several states have enacted bans on microbeads and many cosmetic companies have promised to phase these tiny plastic beads out of their products within the next few years. Sea creatures end up eating these microbeads and as you can probably guess, it's not healthy for any animal to consume plastic. Besides all this, the product does not exfoliate well and I was disappointed with its ineffectiveness as well. Don't buy this.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by lexabebe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I only gave a 3 since ive been using it for only a day. So I dont know how itll be in a week. Ill do an update review. Im going to start a youtube and review before and after results. But overall it has worked. Especially on my nose thats why my problem area is. And my nose is not dry. No breakouts so far.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2014 1:32:00 AM More reviews by leann72899

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well... I first used it and It had made my face softer and defiantly less oily. After using it for about two times by face started to get really red, after using it a couple more times my face was really irritated, so I stopped using it. On my chin and around my mouth and some one my forehead now looks burnt almost from the irritation. Every one talked about how good the product was so I thought I'd try it, to bad I had an irritation from it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2014 7:47:00 AM More reviews by paige2710

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is stuff is pure heaven. I saw the last few seconds of a commercial advertising this stuff, and just from those few seconds I knew I wanted it. I've always had big pores and I hate it! I've been using this stuff for just a few days. Needless to say, it does everything it says.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2014 10:55:00 PM More reviews by BGutwein

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used to use the Biore self heating mask when I was younger and then they stopped making it. Now, they are selling it again, but I received a sample of the Garnier Clean + Blackhead eliminating scrub I was skeptical because rembering the Biore heating mask that also had Charcoal in it, did not help my skin. The Garnier product is HEAVEN! I think it has to do with the fact that this is a cleanser (gel) with micro scrubbers infused with charcoal. I think the Biore mask did not sit well on my skin.

I fell in love with this product just from the sample, which came with a $1.00 coupon. Well, I liked it so much I went out and bought the full size product which was on sale at Walgreens. I used it again today and instantly, the 3 pimples on my face shrunk and my skin looks poreless and even. The product has 2% saciylic acid (sp). I am in my 30's and suffer from mild adult acne (around jaw line). From reading articles, I heard that SA is the product most women should get for adult acne instead of using the products teenages use on their skin. I purchased this to help reduce the amount of oil on my face and in junction because it has a micro srubbing factor, so sort of a 2 in 1 combo for the price of 1. I am just so in love with this product. I only use it once a day as I use another SA product in the AM prior to putting on makeup.

This product is a gel cleanser, where a little goes a long way! if you use too much, you are simply wasting it since it has a gel consitancy that spreads nicely. I leave this on my face for a additional 60 seconds once massaged in then wash with luke warm water. This is a great product to add to your beauty regime. I must say, since it is a SA product, do not overdue it with other SA products as it will dry your skin out, which causes MORE acne pimples. Most people think it is the product creating more, but make sure to check what you are using in conjunction with any SA products.

Will definetly buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2014 2:39:00 PM More reviews by nikkii18

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is terrific!, I am 39 years old, I get cystic acne and blackheads. The exfoliation factor is strong..but not harsh. I didn't use it for a few days and saw a significant change in my skin for the worse. I only use it once a day..even though the bottle says twice.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by supafob

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Again, I am still confused at the "Price" rating...if I should use one lip for an inexpensive item, or four-five lips because I love the fact that the price is good? Anyhow, this item is about $6-$8/5 oz bottle. A good deal.
I give this product a 3.5 overall rating.

Method: Scrub with moderate pressure in a circular motion for at least 1-2 mins to compare with Philosophy’s Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash. Rinsed off with warm water.
This is labeled with "salicylic acid acne treatment," and it smells like it sounds – like a treatment/ointment you get from the doctor’s office. It’s bearable though. I’ve never used the scrub to wash makeup off, only used it in the morning to smooth & prep my skin for the day, with or without makeup.

The first time I tried it, I was surprised to actually feel soft smooth skin afterwards, not drying, but didn’t pay much attention to my blackheads. I was a bit hesitant to use it again because all I remember it was feeling a little bit more harsh than other scrubs I’ve used (Philosophy, Neutrogena, Fresh). I put off using it for a while, but decided to try it again because I could be missing out. The 2nd time I used it, I focused mainly on my nose & T-zone, the areas with blackheads & pores. I scrubbed until I started feeling like the particles were disintegrating and moved around my face a few times. This felt much better on the areas that didn’t need such harsh material . The thing that got me was the fact that I had ZERO blackheads on my nose after this session. WHAT?! Absolutely amazed – they did not come back for days. I am not sure how this miracle happened because I used the scrub again (waited long enough for some blackheads to re-appear) and didn’t get the same “ah-ha, holy-moly” reaction. I recently used it twice in a week and still didn’t get the same first reaction. Perhaps the first time really got all the gunk out of my nose and now it won’t have the same effect.

Today, I used my Philosophy Exfoliating Wash to see the difference between the two products. While Philosophy’s is much more gentle, with smaller exfoliating grains, it also comes with a $27/8 oz. price tag. Garnier’s Charcoal scrub is a great inexpensive option that I might re-purchase, but I wouldn’t use it daily. Both scrubs leaves me with soft smooth skin. As for long-term effect, it would be hard to say because I use so many products! A scrub is definitely a great addition to your skincare routine though, at least 1-2 times a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 3:30:00 AM More reviews by msbluestone13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

THIS STUFF RIGHT HERE... where to start.. I love this scrub!! Its just right..gritty enough to make it exfoliating.. but not so harsh that your cringing when you use it. I like the charcoal that is suppose to get more oil and gunk out of your pores. The smell--its a guy type scent. I left it in the bathroom.. and now my husband uses it. I think this facial Cleanser/ scrub is just win/win all around. I will be definitely repurchasing for both myself and my husband. You were definitely on point with this product Garnier!!!