Garnier Clean + Blackhead Eliminating Scrub for Oily Skin

3.6

Active Ingredients: 2% Salicylic Acid. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Polyethylene, Sodium Chloride, Acrylates Copolymer, Coco-Betaine, Cocamide MEA, Glycerin, Charcoal Powder, Citric Acid, Iron Oxides, Polyglycerin-10, Polyglyceryl-10 Myristate, Polyglyceryl-10 Stearate, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Sodium Hydroxide, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Fragrance.

on 8/25/2015 4:14:00 PM

I have normal skin, and I hadn't had many pimples at all lately my skin was very clear. I normally use the St. Ives apricot scrub, but I couldn't find it, so I found this that I'd only used once before because it broke me out, but I figured I'd give it a try again because I couldn't find my other face wash. I used it 6 times (3 days 3 nights) and I've been breaking out like crazy, it also gave me a terrible rash all over my cheeks. My skin isn't normally sensitive but I would not recommend this product.

on 8/24/2015 1:54:00 PM

I was using this scrub every other day and I noticed that my blackheads are disappearing! it's amazing!! I got a sample of this and I wasn't expecting too much from it in the beginning. This scrub smells pretty good and it doesn't feel too harsh on the skin. I've been using this for about 2 weeks and my blackheads are a lot less or they got smaller! Definitely recommend and I'll probably go buy a full size later.

on 8/24/2015 12:46:00 PM

I usually don't write reviews, but I have to talk about this one.

Broke me out like crazy, I've struggled so much with tiny bumps, big pimples, blackheads, you name it. I was finally clearing up my skin with a Neutrogena toner (loaded with alcohol, but really does work) when I gave this a chance. HORRIBLE. So irritating and drying and clogged my pores so badly.

I passed this to a friend and I think it's working for her, but it was terrible for me. I tried so so so hard to like it and reused it many times to try to like it, but it's just terrible.

on 7/28/2015 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Did nothing for my skin.
Did not help with blemishes or blackheads in anyway.
Not very exfoliating with random beads here n there.
My oldest son also used it and did not achieve any results either.
Neither of us were fond of the scent and thought it was too strong.

on 7/24/2015 4:19:00 PM

Before this, my usual routine after removing makeup was just using the Target Brand UP & UP Apricot scrub. My skin tends to get oily, so I was leery about adding moisturizer. It seemed to work for me, but I had been hearing some scary things about it, so I wanted to try to shift something new. The thing is, I used to react to face washes (as an allergic reaction and/or an acne breakout); the whole reason I stuck to using the apricot scrub is that it was mild enough to not cause a reaction, but was powerful enough to keep my acne at bay.

Though many products that are catered to a certain skin type, the specialization is not obvious when you actually use it. That is not the case here. Heed the description appropriately. I found that overall, this balances out my skin nicely. At first I thought it was too drying, but once I added a moisturizer, it was a good balance. I do admit that my review is somewhat limited in a sense because I have oily skin but not blackheads. Because I like to ease my skin into new products, rather than just quit the previous one cold turkey, I am still alternating between this scrub and the apricot scrub. In the morning, I use this scrub, and Clean & Clear oil-free moisturizer 10 minutes before make up. At night, I use the apricot scrub and oil-free acne moisturizer from UP & UP. My skin has not looked this fresh and healthy in years.

on 7/11/2015 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I liked the product. I have been using it for about a week, I have noticed a few more breakouts. They clear up quick, but they come back more often, and idk if it is because of this product or some other new ones that i am trying out. The stuff smells like cologne, which i don't really ming, and i find that the scrub isn't that harsh, which is great. Ultimately, i prob won't buy this again, because i think there are better products out there, but for someone who hasn't given this a try, you should, maybe it will work for you.

on 5/10/2015 12:25:00 PM

Verdict: I'm kinda bummed out with this wash.

My general concerns: I have combo skin with some dark marks from previous acne and redness around some areas like my chin and nose. I also have blackheads covering my nose and random annoying ones on my forehead and chin.

Results: I've learned to be very patient with my skincare so if somethings not perfect, I don't throw it out! I let my skin purge and then I hope to see the results of whatever product I just switched to... I'm almost done with this bottle and even though I'm seeing less blackheads, I'm getting huge cysts on my face frequently and I never get those! Also, my redness hasn't subsided, if anything it's been exacerbated by this wash. I like the unisex fragrance, the tingly cool feeling, the foam it creates, and the gel consistancy. So all in all, it's not a terrible product, it did get rid of some blackheads, but nothing else improved and I won't be purchasing it again.

on 5/9/2015 11:29:00 PM

Ok this product is great. My pores shrunk, blackheads disappeared, and my acne faded! BUT on my fourth day of use my skin was beautiful; except for the fact my whole was burning and was dry and peeling!!! I loved this product though( and I'm not one to give up). So I went off the product for a week to heal my skin. Then after that I started the product again, and this time I didn't hold back on the moisturizer! So my skin is soft and beautiful like a princess now.....

VERDICT
Do not use the product without mosturizer

Amazing but dries skin out

Actually works

on 5/6/2015 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Has a heavy, manly (like cologne) scent which I don't really mind. Doesn't eliminate blackheads at all and eaves my skin VERY dry even after only one use. I used it 2 days in a row and my skin ended up burning and peeling like mad. Especially my nose, the skin felt very thick and wrinkled (it hurt to even wrinkle my nose) and my forehead was just flaking. Threw it out, waste of money.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Accidentally bought this instead of the Invigorating Daily Scrub, which I love. I like the smell and texture of this (very very fine grains), but I'm pretty sure it breaks me out somehow - I've been breaking out a bit since I started using it, which I don't usually do. I don't have blackheads, but I haven't noticed any decrease in the sebaceous filaments in my nose. I'll probably finish the tube to see if it's one of those things that makes your skin purge and then is amazing, but I won't repurchase unless something changes.