Garnier Clean + Blackhead Eliminating Scrub for Oily Skin

3.5

Active Ingredients: 2% Salicylic Acid. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Polyethylene, Sodium Chloride, Acrylates Copolymer, Coco-Betaine, Cocamide MEA, Glycerin, Charcoal Powder, Citric Acid, Iron Oxides, Polyglycerin-10, Polyglyceryl-10 Myristate, Polyglyceryl-10 Stearate, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Sodium Hydroxide, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Fragrance.

I have very acne prone skin. Im always breaking out lol. Plus I have some blackheads on my nose and chin. I have always used the st ives apricot scrub and it was very harsh on my Face and broke me out even more. Lets just say I've used a lot of can treatments and none of them have worked. So anyways I tried the garnier charcoal scrub and omg its amazing. I really didn't expect anything from it tho. I was thinking about how people are saying charcoal is good for ur skin so I gave it a go. Let me tell u I been us in this for 3 days now and notice a huge difference. My blackheads are gone and y acne is going away. Im not a huge fan of how thin the formula is. I have to use a little more than I wanted to make it thick. And I dont mind the smell but its not my favorite. But hey as long as its doin good on my skin and helping me out im good lol.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have acne prone skin (hormonal) & I like to use this to wash off my makeup. I have very few blackheads now, Ive been using this product for almost a year! I keep repurchasing and use it alongside the St Ive apricot scrub with following this face wash. My skin isnt sensitive at all, so using two exfoliating products doesnt do me harm. Never forget to moisturize :D

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Totally did a number on my skin! The morning after my first use my skin was terribly broken out. I used it for three more days...huge mistake! I havent had my skin break out this bad in years! Im sticking to my apricot scrub.

So I guess they've rebranded. I bought this
but it's called Garnier Clean+ Impurities Eliminating Scrub. I really only bought this because I've been really interested in trying anything with Charcoal. I have normal skin, oily t zone.. I get a lot of white heads especially on my chin. I use this daily, sometimes twice a day, and I have not noticed it drying out my skin at all. My pores are definitely smaller, and the issues I was having on my chin are 90% better after using this for only a week, and no new breakouts! It's even helping some cystic acne I was getting (hormonal.. Gotta love coming off birth control). I personally find it very gentle... Probably because I switched to this from the St. Ives Apricot Scrub. The smell is very pleasant and gender neutral I will definitely be repurchasing this!

Let me preface this by saying I am NOT prone to pimples or acne-- in that aspect, I'm very fortunate. I do, however, get little blackheads on my nose and below my chin. I was really excited to try this out because typically I'm a fan of Garnier products. After using this for only a week, the only thing I can say I like about this scrub is the scent.
One week later though, I am COVERED in pimples. Some really small ones around my mouth, and on my chin and forehead I have those super deep, painful ones that refuse to go away. My skin is not especially sensitive, so I'm really surprised that I'm having this problem. I stopped using the scrub immediately, I'm throwing it out.

I have normal skin, and I hadn't had many pimples at all lately my skin was very clear. I normally use the St. Ives apricot scrub, but I couldn't find it, so I found this that I'd only used once before because it broke me out, but I figured I'd give it a try again because I couldn't find my other face wash. I used it 6 times (3 days 3 nights) and I've been breaking out like crazy, it also gave me a terrible rash all over my cheeks. My skin isn't normally sensitive but I would not recommend this product.

I was using this scrub every other day and I noticed that my blackheads are disappearing! it's amazing!! I got a sample of this and I wasn't expecting too much from it in the beginning. This scrub smells pretty good and it doesn't feel too harsh on the skin. I've been using this for about 2 weeks and my blackheads are a lot less or they got smaller! Definitely recommend and I'll probably go buy a full size later.

I usually don't write reviews, but I have to talk about this one.

Broke me out like crazy, I've struggled so much with tiny bumps, big pimples, blackheads, you name it. I was finally clearing up my skin with a Neutrogena toner (loaded with alcohol, but really does work) when I gave this a chance. HORRIBLE. So irritating and drying and clogged my pores so badly.

I passed this to a friend and I think it's working for her, but it was terrible for me. I tried so so so hard to like it and reused it many times to try to like it, but it's just terrible.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Did nothing for my skin.
Did not help with blemishes or blackheads in anyway.
Not very exfoliating with random beads here n there.
My oldest son also used it and did not achieve any results either.
Neither of us were fond of the scent and thought it was too strong.

Before this, my usual routine after removing makeup was just using the Target Brand UP & UP Apricot scrub. My skin tends to get oily, so I was leery about adding moisturizer. It seemed to work for me, but I had been hearing some scary things about it, so I wanted to try to shift something new. The thing is, I used to react to face washes (as an allergic reaction and/or an acne breakout); the whole reason I stuck to using the apricot scrub is that it was mild enough to not cause a reaction, but was powerful enough to keep my acne at bay.

For many products that are catered to a certain skin type, the specialization is not obvious when you actually use it. That is not the case here. Heed the description appropriately. I found that overall, this balances out my skin nicely. At first I thought it was too drying, but once I added a moisturizer (as I was supposed to do in the first place), it was a good balance. I do admit that my review is somewhat limited in a sense because I have oily skin but not blackheads. Because I like to ease my skin into new products, rather than just quit the previous one cold turkey, I am still alternating between this scrub and the apricot scrub. In the morning, I use this scrub, and Clean & Clear oil-free moisturizer 10 minutes before make up. At night, I use the apricot scrub and oil-free acne moisturizer from UP & UP. My skin has not looked this fresh and healthy in years.