October 25, 2014 | 1858 users online

Cleansers - Garnier - Clean + Blackhead Eliminating Scrub for Oily Skin

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2014 7:47:00 AM More reviews by paige2710

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is stuff is pure heaven. I saw the last few seconds of a commercial advertising this stuff, and just from those few seconds I knew I wanted it. I've always had big pores and I hate it! I've been using this stuff for just a few days. Needless to say, it does everything it says.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2014 10:55:00 PM More reviews by BGutwein

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used to use the Biore self heating mask when I was younger and then they stopped making it. Now, they are selling it again, but I received a sample of the Garnier Clean + Blackhead eliminating scrub I was skeptical because rembering the Biore heating mask that also had Charcoal in it, did not help my skin. The Garnier product is HEAVEN! I think it has to do with the fact that this is a cleanser (gel) with micro scrubbers infused with charcoal. I think the Biore mask did not sit well on my skin.

I fell in love with this product just from the sample, which came with a $1.00 coupon. Well, I liked it so much I went out and bought the full size product which was on sale at Walgreens. I used it again today and instantly, the 3 pimples on my face shrunk and my skin looks poreless and even. The product has 2% saciylic acid (sp). I am in my 30's and suffer from mild adult acne (around jaw line). From reading articles, I heard that SA is the product most women should get for adult acne instead of using the products teenages use on their skin. I purchased this to help reduce the amount of oil on my face and in junction because it has a micro srubbing factor, so sort of a 2 in 1 combo for the price of 1. I am just so in love with this product. I only use it once a day as I use another SA product in the AM prior to putting on makeup.

This product is a gel cleanser, where a little goes a long way! if you use too much, you are simply wasting it since it has a gel consitancy that spreads nicely. I leave this on my face for a additional 60 seconds once massaged in then wash with luke warm water. This is a great product to add to your beauty regime. I must say, since it is a SA product, do not overdue it with other SA products as it will dry your skin out, which causes MORE acne pimples. Most people think it is the product creating more, but make sure to check what you are using in conjunction with any SA products.

Will definetly buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2014 2:39:00 PM More reviews by nikkii18

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is terrific!, I am 39 years old, I get cystic acne and blackheads. The exfoliation factor is strong..but not harsh. I didn't use it for a few days and saw a significant change in my skin for the worse. I only use it once a day..even though the bottle says twice.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by supafob

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Again, I am still confused at the "Price" rating...if I should use one lip for an inexpensive item, or four-five lips because I love the fact that the price is good? Anyhow, this item is about $6-$8/5 oz bottle. A good deal.
I give this product a 3.5 overall rating.

Method: Scrub with moderate pressure in a circular motion for at least 1-2 mins to compare with Philosophy’s Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash. Rinsed off with warm water.
This is labeled with "salicylic acid acne treatment," and it smells like it sounds – like a treatment/ointment you get from the doctor’s office. It’s bearable though. I’ve never used the scrub to wash makeup off, only used it in the morning to smooth & prep my skin for the day, with or without makeup.

The first time I tried it, I was surprised to actually feel soft smooth skin afterwards, not drying, but didn’t pay much attention to my blackheads. I was a bit hesitant to use it again because all I remember it was feeling a little bit more harsh than other scrubs I’ve used (Philosophy, Neutrogena, Fresh). I put off using it for a while, but decided to try it again because I could be missing out. The 2nd time I used it, I focused mainly on my nose & T-zone, the areas with blackheads & pores. I scrubbed until I started feeling like the particles were disintegrating and moved around my face a few times. This felt much better on the areas that didn’t need such harsh material . The thing that got me was the fact that I had ZERO blackheads on my nose after this session. WHAT?! Absolutely amazed – they did not come back for days. I am not sure how this miracle happened because I used the scrub again (waited long enough for some blackheads to re-appear) and didn’t get the same “ah-ha, holy-moly” reaction. I recently used it twice in a week and still didn’t get the same first reaction. Perhaps the first time really got all the gunk out of my nose and now it won’t have the same effect.

Today, I used my Philosophy Exfoliating Wash to see the difference between the two products. While Philosophy’s is much more gentle, with smaller exfoliating grains, it also comes with a $27/8 oz. price tag. Garnier’s Charcoal scrub is a great inexpensive option that I might re-purchase, but I wouldn’t use it daily. Both scrubs leaves me with soft smooth skin. As for long-term effect, it would be hard to say because I use so many products! A scrub is definitely a great addition to your skincare routine though, at least 1-2 times a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 3:30:00 AM More reviews by msbluestone13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

THIS STUFF RIGHT HERE... where to start.. I love this scrub!! Its just right..gritty enough to make it exfoliating.. but not so harsh that your cringing when you use it. I like the charcoal that is suppose to get more oil and gunk out of your pores. The smell--its a guy type scent. I left it in the bathroom.. and now my husband uses it. I think this facial Cleanser/ scrub is just win/win all around. I will be definitely repurchasing for both myself and my husband. You were definitely on point with this product Garnier!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2014 8:17:00 PM More reviews by miyamakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE THIS FACE WASH! I always have awful breakouts since I'm a teen and it's hard to find a good face wash to keep up with my skin. I have used a lot of different face washes for oily skin and the only one I found that worked was "dark angles" from lush. I saw this in stores and wanted to give it a try, and I'm happy I did! Worked great for the price and cleared my skin and help my pores look much smaller! Happy I used this!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by GraceBradley02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product didn't work on me at all. I have lots of blackheads and this didn't work for me at all. It just made them look bigger and more visible.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by DannieMc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Of all the cleansers I have ever used, this is the worst. I have oily skin but I'm not acne-prone so I was very disappointed when I started using this a little over a month ago and I have had acne ever since. These are the worst breakouts I have ever had. Not only that but it dried out my skin in certain places. The only good thing about this product is that it makes your face feel clean (even if you look past all of the pimples).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by rocksiren

I cant explain it, but it really does work. Face is smoother after using, pores are smaller. Ive only been using it for about 4 days so I will update later, It works!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by ttorner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Will never purchase again. The product is making me breakout worse! Ugh!