January 25, 2015 | 1814 users online

Cleansers - Garnier - Clean + Blackhead Eliminating Scrub for Oily Skin

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2015 10:52:00 PM More reviews by antiguru

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great consistency for a scrub, smelled very strong and manly, which I don't like to smell in products that are supposed to make my delicate self more attractive. It burned my eyes, even when I avoided that area, as I tend to do with scrubs. Somehow, it would still make it's way up to my delicate eyeballs and proceed to burn with the power of 1,000 suns. I will probably go blind 10 years earlier than I would have, but I finished this puppy up. Will not buy again, though.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2015 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Mutethecity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I spent Thanksgiving week at my sister's house, and forgot my facial cleanser at my house. This is all she had, and with her living so far out in the country, the few stores near her home were closed, so I had no choice but to use it.

I don't have any blackheads, but I do have oily skin and acne so I figured this would work for me. The packaging is a standard tube, and does what it needs to just fine. The design is quite appealing and vibrant. I can't really say a whole lot about the scent; it's smell like a normal face wash with a bit of clay-ish hints. The texture is like a normal gel face wash, not too thick or runny. It goes on well and its exfoliating properties do well. It really brightened my face and made my skin soft.

Like I said, my skin is oily, but in the autumn and winter I have a few dry patches here and there. This intensfied those spots and made my overall skin quite dry. It did an excellent job at removing dirt and makeup. I couldn't tell you what it does for blackheads, and it didn't do anything for my acne, from what I could tell.

All in all, I consider this to be a standard facial wash. It cleanses well, but that's all it really does for me. The price is good, about $6 for a 5 ounce tube at Target, but it honestly isn't special enough. It's not bad, I'd recommend it, but not purchase for myself.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2015 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Talknerdyytome

Eh it's alright a good exfoliator, it made a few more blackheads to appear

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Shaffe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just wanted to add a response to some of the other reviews I read on these products online.
Women said they went online to either check the company out or try to get more and said they could find nothing-that this company didn't exist.
I don't know how they attempted to look it up but when I did, I found it immediately.
I'd just like to tell those women~don't bad mouth a company or product because you want to see your name on a website! The things said we're ridiculously untrue and unnecessary.
Thank you.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2014 1:33:00 AM More reviews by msmandy2485

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

makes my skin nice and soft and its just the right amount of exfoliants inside. im really picky with my facewash...this one had just enough, most of the scrubs barely have any exfoliants or too many but this one has the right amount and not too harsh. only been using it 2 days and noticed my acne clearing up already

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2014 2:16:00 PM More reviews by BarefootedALIEN

I use OCM, and that has helped my acne out a lot. However, my nose is riddled with black heads that no amount of natural exfoliants has helped. Enter this product. I use it every other night on my nose only and it has worked great. I don't use it anywhere else. This is a keeper- nice lather with a good "manly" smell that doesn't linger. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2014 3:08:00 PM More reviews by Jennyjackiee

Though this product didn't help get rid of my acne, my skin feels soft and less oily especially around the nose area. I have been using this product for a week and have had no breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by JessDom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have always had normal skin and I never had breakouts. But a few months ago I got pimples, zits, blackheads, you name it all over my face. I tried everything out there (proactive, neutrogena, clean and clear, clearasil, and that apricot scrub everyone is talking about) nothing worked on my face! I was starting to get annoyed because I would use clearasil before and it would get rid of my pimples. Not this time. I bought this after reading other people's reviews. Some said it was great and some said they regret buying it. I'll tell you my experience: this saved my face!!!! Seriously this stuff works and it hasn't been a week my face is 80% clear. The charcoal in it deep cleans your pores without scraping your skin. Some people are really picky saying the smell is manly or the beads are too hard-- who cares it works!! (the beads are NOT hard) I find it funny that some people want all the benefits without feeling anything. This product seriously does everything it says. Doesn't dry out skin- I use this twice a day sometimes even three times a day. I got this from Walmart for under $6. I will definitely buy more and recommend it to all my friends and family. I dont know about other garnier product but this one seriously works! Don't read any more reviews... Go buy this from Walmart!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by evanlami

I bought this before I realized it had environmentally catastrophic microbeads in it. Microbeads are terrible for the environment and are clogging up tons of lakes and other bodies of water in the US. Several states have enacted bans on microbeads and many cosmetic companies have promised to phase these tiny plastic beads out of their products within the next few years. Sea creatures end up eating these microbeads and as you can probably guess, it's not healthy for any animal to consume plastic. Besides all this, the product does not exfoliate well and I was disappointed with its ineffectiveness as well. Don't buy this.

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by lexabebe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I only gave a 3 since ive been using it for only a day. So I dont know how itll be in a week. Ill do an update review. Im going to start a youtube and review before and after results. But overall it has worked. Especially on my nose thats why my problem area is. And my nose is not dry. No breakouts so far.