July 22, 2014 | 1301 users online

Cleansers - Garnier - Clean + Blackhead Eliminating Scrub for Oily Skin

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by bornbackwards

I bought this hoping it would help get rid of blackheads on my nose. The scrub does leave my face smooth and soft but after I use it, the skin around my nose because very itchy, irritated, and flaky. I also got 3 new pimples along my jawline- could be from this cleanser. I wanted to like it but it's just too harsh for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by breaktheattraction

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i've been using this cleanser for a few months now and i absolutely adore it. i can't get over how lovely this is- it's awesome.

first off, let me say that i am a sixteen year old girl with acne; whiteheads, pimples, a LOT of blackheads, and combination, sensitive skin. i've tried at least twenty different cleansers since i was thirteen and none of them measure up to have wonderful this one is. the packaging is good- i like squeeze bottles, because i can control how much product comes out and they don't spill when i take it anywhere with me. i prefer scrubs because they clean my skin deeper than a typical, gel/liquid cleanser, which i need because i wear makeup everyday and have big pores that get clogged easily. as for the products preformance, it is astonishing how well this cleans my skin and depletes my oily areas while getting the dry patches off my cheeks. using this i have noticed my skin glows, and my acne isn't as bad before, but this hasn't completely cured my acne. remember, im a kid- i have very active horomones like all teenagers, which will cause breakouts no matter what i am using. this product keeps my acne under control, makes my skin soft and smooth, and shrinks my pores significantly.

while i find it odd that it's marketed to get rid of blackheads, it doesn't do that as well as it gets rid of zits, oil, and dead skin. i still have blackheads and while i do notice they've shrunk, they're still there. that's why this doesn't have 5 lippies; i really do wish it would get these stupid blackheads off my face, but it doesn't- im fearing nothing ever will. the only other con i have with this is the price- i paid fifteen bucks for it at my local drugstore, which kinda sucks. i hope to catch this on sale soon so i can snag this for a better price.

in conclusion, i really do like this cleanser- i use it twice a day and love how it makes my skin feel. i use a makeup remover before using this to wash my face, but this really gets deep into my pores and removes any leftover makeup my neutrogena naturals make-up removing cleanser may of missed. i will repurchase, but will also look for a blackhead removing treatment to use with this in the near future for even better results.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by honeyappleseed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this cleanser. it makes my skin feel awesome. i love washing my face with it. i have so many blackheads and now i can truly see a difference. oh yeah and it smells great.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 11:50:00 PM More reviews by CollegeKid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is really great cleanser. it really removed my makeup and oils. however, the packaging sucked cause the product was really liquidy so there was too much coming out too fast. a waste of good stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Rozzy77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got sample packets from a friend to try. I was very impressed of the texture. I have T-zone oily during the summer months and dry out during the winter. It's a nice gel exfoliator with micro beads deeply cleanses, tightens the look of pores and smooth skin.

Garnier's formula infused with Charcoal draws out impurities such as oil and dirt, like a magnet. I found my skin to feel fresh and clean, not dried out. I like to put a toner on my face after I cleanse but I didn't have to. The scent is a little too manly, but maybe they are trying to break through in the male gender market too.

I'm still impressed for the cost 8oz $6 comparing to my other product I use regularly is Philosophy Micro-delivery Exfoliating Scrub 8oz $33. This is a good alternate.

Thanks for reading!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 2:34:00 AM More reviews by MashalRaza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't have a lot if acne, but I definitely do have scarring. After two weeks of using this product, my acne is gone and my scarring is starting to fade! Love this!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by melinda96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've had this scrub for about two weeks now and there has been a definite difference in my skin. I used the product directly after I bought it, just squeezed out a pea-sized amount, added some water, then massaged my face with it for approx. 30 secs to a minute. After drying my skin, it felt so soft and smooth (kind of like a peach or a baby's butt)! I have oily skin, but after using this, I looked radiant.

I was really happy, but after the second day of using this, my skin broke out like never before... I had sprouted whiteheads EVERYWHERE. Along my nose, between my eyebrows, on the chin, above the lip, and all over my forehead... and my skin started producing 2x as much oil as it usually did.

I know it was this product that caused it because I hadn't incorporated anything new into my skincare regime besides this. The scrub has salicyclic acid as an active ingredient, and none of the other products I use have that, so I did a little research and found out that the acid may give you breakouts initially (something about bringing all the bacteria to the skin), but it should clear up within a week or so!

So I kept on using the scrub, once a day, before bed, and dealt with the whiteheads (resisted popping) and the oil, and now a week later, they're nearly gone! My skin seems to have gotten used to the salicyclic acid, the whiteheads are mostly gone, my blackheads are disappearing, my pores look smaller, and my overly oily skin is balanced!! I'm truly happy :)

About the smell: yes, it does smell a little manly... like cologne mixed with charcoal. Personally, I love it, but if you have a sensitive nose, maybe this product isn't for you. If you've ever used Lush's Dark Angels, I think the scent is similar.
I have oily skin (runs in the family), and this scrub is gentle enough for me to use daily, but I think those with dry skin should be a little careful.
Will be picking this up once I run out!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by FayeLawliet21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Cleans nice, feels nice :) My only one problem with it though is the manly smell. Kind of reminds me of old spice but I'd still buy it again. \( ^_^)/

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 3:03:00 AM More reviews by JetJockey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am very impressed with this scrub. I've recently started to become more prone to getting tiny closed comedones on the bridge of my nose, making my skin look bumpy, and this is the only product I've found that gets rid of them and smooths my skin. I have very dry skin so I'm definitely not able to use it anywhere else on my face, but my nose is the only place I ever need to use it. It also helps reduce the appearance of sebaceous filaments on the tip of my nose (tiny dots commonly mistaken to be blackheads, yet are completely normal). I need just a half pea-size every time I use it, so this tube will last me quite a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Claire21Adele

I love this product, it gives my skin a radiant glow. I have only used it a few times and I can see a huge difference. My pores have shrunk and my skin tone looks so much more even.

I would recommend this product for sure.