Maybelline Color Sensational The Buffs (All Shades)

4.5

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely love these lipsticks! I own the two lightest shades, Bare All and Nude Lust. Nude lust is now my go-to nude lip to compliment any look and add a touch of sophistication. I'll admit I have yet to find a use for Bare All as it's so pale and strange but I have a feeling it'll be very useful for cosplay.

The formula of these is very creamy and unlike any other lipstick I own. The texture feels a lot more like the Revlon Lip butters! It's hard for me to find lip products that don't dry out my lips, so these lipsticks are a godsend in that regard. No cracking, no flaking. Just smooth, buttery lips!

Hands down, my favorite thing about these lipsticks is the smell. They smell like cookie dough! The scent isn't heavy or overly sweet or offensive either. It literally just smells like freshly mixed cookie dough.

At $8 each I'm very much looking forward to trying out more shades!

on 4/14/2015 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was recently looking for a lipstick in a shade that appears to have been discontinued by another brand. I needed a nude that didn't wash me out. I'm surprised I haven't heard any of my YouTube beauty people mention the shade "Sin-A-Mon." I LOVE this shade and the formula. This line of lippies is very moisturizing without being too slick on the lip. It grabs on just enough while not drying out the lips. This shade is great with my fair skin tone but I am just starting to use self tanner on my face and chest; this will be flattering when I have some more color in my skin as well. This shade would work well with a wide range of skin tones. Another great selling point for me is that these have a label that seals the product, at least if some a-hole doesn't open the case. I avoid buying any lip products that don't have a seal on them. This is a lippie that I can take along where ever I'm going and I can apply without a mirror, knowing that it looks good. While I love my reds and darker shades, this low maintenance baby is great for this busy time of year.

I have Stormy Sahara (my favorite) and truffle tease..I absolutely love Stormy Sahara (especially when paired with the Rimmel exaggeate lipliner in 030 natural underneath) but I haven't played around with truffle tease yet. The only problem with these lipsticks i see is the lasting power. Thats why a liner thats around the same shade applied all over right before the lipstick is applied helps it last longer on my lips. I am a nc45 in mac and it looks against my skin tone..

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

So I'm from the UK and the colours are a bit different, I bought Honey Beige today and I'm soooo happy I've finally found a nude that suits me!!! Honestly, being mixed race meant all the nude colors were either too pale or basically chocolate. But now I have this gorgeous nude colour and I'll totally be wearing this all the time!!

on 2/13/2015 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I LOVE THESE LIPSTICKS! They have such a good range to suit all skin colors which is so amazing! My favorite color is Sin-A-Mon which is a beige-y color. It has a little bit of a grey tone which I actually really love! This is my go-to nude lipstick and goes with ALL eye looks! I'm so glad Maybelline makes such great affordable lipsticks! Shout outs to them! :)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This review is about #910 (sorry, I cannot read the color on the bottom of the lipstick!) and I must say that this is THE first time I have ever used up a lipstick 100% and bought another one right away, which I did this afternoon! I was digging out of the container with q-tips lol.. I could not let go. Anyway, it is, imo, the lightest of the batch from this collection and while I would not wear it on its own (it is very light and washes me out), I find it to be a stellar product to blank out my very pigmented lips so I may begin a look, whether it be one with dark lips or nude lips.. It gives my lips a perfect texture, shade and coverage to move forward with almost any lip color or depth that I am aiming for :) It is the best blanker-outer I have had the good fortune of finding! x

on 1/1/2015 8:55:00 PM

Omg love love love. I have the shade 915 blushing beige and omg it's my staple holy grail lipstick. It's color is amazing matches most makeup looks. Looks great with my skin. It's doesn't last forever like some lipsticks but it doesn't come off right away either. I love this color and I never finish lipsticks but I've finished and repurchases this one. I totally suggest this lipstick

on 9/29/2014 12:17:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have been in search for the perfect nude lipstick, since other lipsticks just blend into my skin and make me look sick or dry my lips out. I stopped by walmart and saw Stormy Sahara and thought I'd try it. I got home, tried it on my lips and let me tell you I have found my HG nude lipstick!!! :D Very moisturizing, with an opaque color, not too light and not too dark. Looks perfect with L'Oreal's Infallible Never Fail Nude lipliner. It gives you that nice nude look, without looking completely unnatural. Would definitely buy again, I hope these lipsticks never get discontinued!!

on 8/17/2014 6:06:00 PM

I LOVE THESE LIPSTICKS!! I have 3 I have 920 nude lust, 945 stromy sahara, and 955 expresso exposed (which was so hard to find) . Anyways they don't make my lips look dry they look beautiful my lighter colours I can wear without lip liner without it looking bad but my expresso exposed i had to get a lip liner cause it would bleed if I didn't. They look and feel so good on my lips they do transfer but thats not a huge deal for me. I do have to knock it for packaging though, If you aren't careful and press the product to hard into your lips it leaves a cut in the lipstick. Which kind of sucks cause i dont want my lippy to break! I forgot to mention it has a nice light scent which is not offensive at all!! If scents bother you I'd say try at least one of these cause you don't even smell it on your lips you can only really smell it in the tube. Overall I love this collection cause most of the colours don't require any fuss.

on 8/15/2014 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I had 3 colours in this collection, in one word "disappointment".
Why?
The colours are too opaque & flat looking.

Popular Lipsticks