Maybelline Color Sensational The Buffs (All Shades)

4.5

I stumbled upon a display of the Buffs shades a few months ago at Kmart. I'm not usually into wearing nude lipsticks, but I stilled looked at them out of curiosity. What really struck me was the lightest shade of them all- Bare All. It looks like a stick of concealer in the tube and it almost matches my skin color. I wasn't sure if this would look good (I usually look better in darker lipsticks), but it looks surprisingly pretty and natural on my lips. It is a little patchy, so you may have to be careful when you apply this shade.

I like how smooth and creamy it feels on my lips and how well it works with lip balm underneath it. I don't feel as if it's drying out my lips, which is great. This isn't my favorite lipstick ever, and I don't think many people can easily pull off this shade without looking like they used concealer as lipstick. I only recommend this color specifically if you KNOW you look good in this kind of nude color. I don't want you to regret your purchase.

on 8/29/2015 6:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I picked Blushing Beige, I like my nudes to be light/bright, and this perfect. It's a pinky beige and it doesn't wash me out or look like I'm wearing concealer on my lips. The pigmentation is nice and it's kinda opaque, it didn't apply patchy for me. It's creamy and has a slight shine to it, not drying but not moisturizing it either, I guess it's up to you whether you want to exfoliate and apply balm beforehand. It has a slight smell that I can't really describe but it's not overwhelming.

on 8/14/2015 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I can't believe I ignored this line for so many months because I assumed the shades were too brown toned. I've been paying closer attention to nude shades lately. Despite being warm toned, I've realized I need a pink undertone in my nude lipsticks in order for them to look good. Maybelline does offer a few in this line.

Bare All was way too light. I don't know who the hell could wear this shade, so I'd advise y'all to skip it. I am NC10 naturally, think albino with a yellow undertone. A tester in Ulta revealed Bare All applies just like it looks in the tube... an off white color. It is even paler than my skintone. I like pale lipsticks... but this looks like a (poorly matched) concealer shade.

Blushing Beige was my favorite out of the bunch. I'd rec it to pale girls mainly as Stormy Sahara is a bit darker and more suited for medium skintones. On me, Blushing Beige reminds me of YSL Nude Beige no 1. It is a beauty light nude with a pink undertone. This also very similar to MAC Hue, but a little less pink than Hue. Perhaps its closest dupe is Myth, although Myth is definitely a bit lighter.

Stormy Sahara was beautiful and similar to Blushing Beige. However I'll be saving it for when I have a spray tan. Right now, it's a bit out of my comfort zone to wear a medium brown toned LS. Stormy Sahara does have a pink undertone luckily.

The formula is alike to all of the other ColorSensational lippies. They are moisturizing, creamy, and pigmented. This is by far my favorite drugstore lipstick line. NYX Roundcase is also an awesome one if you're looking for recs. I used to be a strictly lipgloss type of girl because I figured lipsticks were too drying on my premature granny lips. Turns out I just wasn't using the right lipsticks.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely love these lipsticks! I own the two lightest shades, Bare All and Nude Lust. Nude lust is now my go-to nude lip to compliment any look and add a touch of sophistication. I'll admit I have yet to find a use for Bare All as it's so pale and strange but I have a feeling it'll be very useful for cosplay.

The formula of these is very creamy and unlike any other lipstick I own. The texture feels a lot more like the Revlon Lip butters! It's hard for me to find lip products that don't dry out my lips, so these lipsticks are a godsend in that regard. No cracking, no flaking. Just smooth, buttery lips!

Hands down, my favorite thing about these lipsticks is the smell. They smell like cookie dough! The scent isn't heavy or overly sweet or offensive either. It literally just smells like freshly mixed cookie dough.

At $8 each I'm very much looking forward to trying out more shades!

on 4/14/2015 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was recently looking for a lipstick in a shade that appears to have been discontinued by another brand. I needed a nude that didn't wash me out. I'm surprised I haven't heard any of my YouTube beauty people mention the shade "Sin-A-Mon." I LOVE this shade and the formula. This line of lippies is very moisturizing without being too slick on the lip. It grabs on just enough while not drying out the lips. This shade is great with my fair skin tone but I am just starting to use self tanner on my face and chest; this will be flattering when I have some more color in my skin as well. This shade would work well with a wide range of skin tones. Another great selling point for me is that these have a label that seals the product, at least if some a-hole doesn't open the case. I avoid buying any lip products that don't have a seal on them. This is a lippie that I can take along where ever I'm going and I can apply without a mirror, knowing that it looks good. While I love my reds and darker shades, this low maintenance baby is great for this busy time of year.

I have Stormy Sahara (my favorite) and truffle tease..I absolutely love Stormy Sahara (especially when paired with the Rimmel exaggeate lipliner in 030 natural underneath) but I haven't played around with truffle tease yet. The only problem with these lipsticks i see is the lasting power. Thats why a liner thats around the same shade applied all over right before the lipstick is applied helps it last longer on my lips. I am a nc45 in mac and it looks against my skin tone..

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

So I'm from the UK and the colours are a bit different, I bought Honey Beige today and I'm soooo happy I've finally found a nude that suits me!!! Honestly, being mixed race meant all the nude colors were either too pale or basically chocolate. But now I have this gorgeous nude colour and I'll totally be wearing this all the time!!

on 2/13/2015 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I LOVE THESE LIPSTICKS! They have such a good range to suit all skin colors which is so amazing! My favorite color is Sin-A-Mon which is a beige-y color. It has a little bit of a grey tone which I actually really love! This is my go-to nude lipstick and goes with ALL eye looks! I'm so glad Maybelline makes such great affordable lipsticks! Shout outs to them! :)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This review is about #910 (sorry, I cannot read the color on the bottom of the lipstick!) and I must say that this is THE first time I have ever used up a lipstick 100% and bought another one right away, which I did this afternoon! I was digging out of the container with q-tips lol.. I could not let go. Anyway, it is, imo, the lightest of the batch from this collection and while I would not wear it on its own (it is very light and washes me out), I find it to be a stellar product to blank out my very pigmented lips so I may begin a look, whether it be one with dark lips or nude lips.. It gives my lips a perfect texture, shade and coverage to move forward with almost any lip color or depth that I am aiming for :) It is the best blanker-outer I have had the good fortune of finding! x

on 1/1/2015 8:55:00 PM

Omg love love love. I have the shade 915 blushing beige and omg it's my staple holy grail lipstick. It's color is amazing matches most makeup looks. Looks great with my skin. It's doesn't last forever like some lipsticks but it doesn't come off right away either. I love this color and I never finish lipsticks but I've finished and repurchases this one. I totally suggest this lipstick

Recommended for Medium Skin