September 30, 2014 | 1191 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Sensational The Buffs (All Shades)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2014 12:17:00 AM More reviews by maria1215

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been in search for the perfect nude lipstick, since other lipsticks just blend into my skin and make me look sick or dry my lips out. I stopped by walmart and saw Stormy Sahara and thought I'd try it. I got home, tried it on my lips and let me tell you I have found my HG nude lipstick!!! :D Very moisturizing, with an opaque color, not too light and not too dark. Looks perfect with L'Oreal's Infallible Never Fail Nude lipliner. It gives you that nice nude look, without looking completely unnatural. Would definitely buy again, I hope these lipsticks never get discontinued!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Livalittle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE THESE LIPSTICKS!! I have 3 I have 920 nude lust, 945 stromy sahara, and 955 expresso exposed (which was so hard to find) . Anyways they don't make my lips look dry they look beautiful my lighter colours I can wear without lip liner without it looking bad but my expresso exposed i had to get a lip liner cause it would bleed if I didn't. They look and feel so good on my lips they do transfer but thats not a huge deal for me. I do have to knock it for packaging though, If you aren't careful and press the product to hard into your lips it leaves a cut in the lipstick. Which kind of sucks cause i dont want my lippy to break! I forgot to mention it has a nice light scent which is not offensive at all!! If scents bother you I'd say try at least one of these cause you don't even smell it on your lips you can only really smell it in the tube. Overall I love this collection cause most of the colours don't require any fuss.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Hawko

I had 3 colours in this collection, in one word "disappointment".
Why?
The colours are too opaque & flat looking.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2014 9:55:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this lipstick in Nude Lust and it works great for me. It is a peachy beige and nudes out my lips without making me look dead. I never wear this alone tho. It looks best with a pretty gloss (sparkly and pink-toned preferred) on top. It nudes out my lips and the gloss really shines thru.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by kmarie161

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just bought this lipstick today in Maple Kiss and wore it to run a few errands early in the evening. It is gorgeous! I've been wanting to find a nice nude for my skin tone (NC42) that doesn't look washed out, pale, or ridiculous and this is it. It's a nice bronze-y coral toned lipstick that has a creamy finish and no sparkle or frost. It lasted a about 1-2 hours before it faded into a nice stain which I don't mind as it isn't a matte lipstick so it's not supposed to be very long-wearing. The smell however might be a problem for some because it's sweet and sort of artificial vanilla type. But it does fade, so it's okay. And it cost me $7.49, which I think is a decent price for the brand and the quality. Perfect summer nude shade for medium, tan, olive, and lighter brown skin tones. Will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2014 9:31:00 PM More reviews by ShimmeryPastels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Stormy sahara and truffle tease are the perfect nude shades for my medium olive skin tone with yellow undertones. Greatly pigmented. These lipsticks are builable and moisturizing. The only thing is I have pigmented lips and it covers great but the bottom corner parts of my lips look weird. The bottom corners of my lower lip are more pigmented and when I apply this lipstick, it looks like I lined it with a white lip liner first. Other than that these lipsticks are amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 9:21:00 AM More reviews by alg208

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

these lipsticks are great and i want to try more! i have olive toned skin, so this line makes it so much easier to find my perfect nude shade. i have blushing beige, which can give me concealer lips, but it looks so pretty if i dab it on to give me a light wash of color. it has a pink undertone so if i did rub it on it wouldn't look like i rubbed concealer on my lips. but it can still give that appearance. i want to try another one. the only problem i have with it is the smell, i'm not really sensitive to scents, but i was letting people know. they kind of smell like the loreal lipsticks. but i really like this and it's not too pricey. it lasts for probably about 2-3 hours without touching up and it's pretty moisturizing. i love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 7:36:00 AM More reviews by PinkCupcakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this lipstick in shade 710 Sultry Sand - and it has become my absolute favourite thing in my make up bag! Ladies - you must own one of these lipsticks, they should be a staple in your cosmetic bag.

The lipstick comes in packaging where the plastic lid is the colour of the actual lipstick. This is very handy if you are like me and have many many lipsticks. On the other hand, this very feature makes it not look expensive or luxurious, which is why I gave the packaging 4 lippies. However, this is a very very minimal flaw, and one I have absolutely no problem with.

The actual lipstick looks very creamy to the eye, and has a very light vanilla fragrance. When applied on the lips it feels very creamy, smooth and the vanilla aroma is very pleasant and adds to the 'creaminess' of the lipstick. Now the colour - wow. The colour is very true to the lid colour, it wears so beautifully on the lips. It has a slight creamy shine, but not glossy, and the formula seems to envelop your lips in colour and condition and hydrate them at the same time, so that they don't look flakey, but appear flawlessly smooth. It also doesn't highlight any lines on the lips, and it doesn't bleed or feather around the lip line. I couldn't possibly want anything more from a lipstick. I actually use this like a lip conditioner, it is that good. Also, this shade is so adaptable when worn with lip liner! I find that I can manipulate the hue of the lipstick by switching up lip liners, e.g.. it can look either brownish or taupey or pink if worn with lipliners of that shade. The other thing I love about it is that you can wear this lipstick with a bit of BB cream and a lashing of bronzer for a barely there, no-make up, flawless look.. OR you could wear it with a full face of make up with smokey eyes and contoured cheeks for a very Kim Kardashian sultry look.

It is simply a MUST HAVE in your toolkit. Love.

As the lipstick is relatively inexpensive (compared to some high end brands which don't guarantee to be as good) you have nothing to lose by grabbing one of these.

Maybelline also came out with a nude range of nail polishes to match these lipsticks and I cannot wait to get my hands on one, I really hope this line sticks around a while so that I can try out most of the shades!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 3:32:00 AM More reviews by veelui

this is one of those products where i could use the comment "i dont always..but when i do its..". im usually a lip balm or lipgloss girl, but i wanted something to switch it up, so i bought these in sin-a-mon, taupe and nude.. i love lip colors in nude and mauve-pink shades.. usually the ones closest to my own natural lip color. i will buy more when i finish :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by laurenjill05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have these in Nude Lust and Touchable Taupe. NL is a peachy nude and I usually don't wear it by itself. I like to take TT (which is a little dark for daytime wear) and put the lighter shade NL in the middle of my lips to soften up the darkness of TT (ombre lips?). The staying power is pretty good, about 2 hours. These lipsticks ARE NOT SHEER at all... they are very pigmented - the color you see in the tube is exactly how strong it will be on your lips pretty much. I made the mistake of buying Nude Embrace from this line, because I found the nude with pink/lilac undertones pretty unqiue. Got home, put it on and I looked like a dead person. Wayyy too light on my light olive skin tone. Definitely returned it. If you ever consider buying Nude Embrace - please realize you are buying a 'concealer' type of nude and it's very dramatic, pigmented and light - not natural looking at all.