July 31, 2014 | 1257 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Sensational The Buffs (All Shades)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2014 9:55:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this lipstick in Nude Lust and it works great for me. It is a peachy beige and nudes out my lips without making me look dead. I never wear this alone tho. It looks best with a pretty gloss (sparkly and pink-toned preferred) on top. It nudes out my lips and the gloss really shines thru.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by kmarie161

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just bought this lipstick today in Maple Kiss and wore it to run a few errands early in the evening. It is gorgeous! I've been wanting to find a nice nude for my skin tone (NC42) that doesn't look washed out, pale, or ridiculous and this is it. It's a nice bronze-y coral toned lipstick that has a creamy finish and no sparkle or frost. It lasted a about 1-2 hours before it faded into a nice stain which I don't mind as it isn't a matte lipstick so it's not supposed to be very long-wearing. The smell however might be a problem for some because it's sweet and sort of artificial vanilla type. But it does fade, so it's okay. And it cost me $7.49, which I think is a decent price for the brand and the quality. Perfect summer nude shade for medium, tan, olive, and lighter brown skin tones. Will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2014 9:31:00 PM More reviews by ShimmeryPastels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Stormy sahara and truffle tease are the perfect nude shades for my medium olive skin tone with yellow undertones. Greatly pigmented. These lipsticks are builable and moisturizing. The only thing is I have pigmented lips and it covers great but the bottom corner parts of my lips look weird. The bottom corners of my lower lip are more pigmented and when I apply this lipstick, it looks like I lined it with a white lip liner first. Other than that these lipsticks are amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 9:21:00 AM More reviews by alg208

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

these lipsticks are great and i want to try more! i have olive toned skin, so this line makes it so much easier to find my perfect nude shade. i have blushing beige, which can give me concealer lips, but it looks so pretty if i dab it on to give me a light wash of color. it has a pink undertone so if i did rub it on it wouldn't look like i rubbed concealer on my lips. but it can still give that appearance. i want to try another one. the only problem i have with it is the smell, i'm not really sensitive to scents, but i was letting people know. they kind of smell like the loreal lipsticks. but i really like this and it's not too pricey. it lasts for probably about 2-3 hours without touching up and it's pretty moisturizing. i love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 7:36:00 AM More reviews by PinkCupcakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this lipstick in shade 710 Sultry Sand - and it has become my absolute favourite thing in my make up bag! Ladies - you must own one of these lipsticks, they should be a staple in your cosmetic bag.

The lipstick comes in packaging where the plastic lid is the colour of the actual lipstick. This is very handy if you are like me and have many many lipsticks. On the other hand, this very feature makes it not look expensive or luxurious, which is why I gave the packaging 4 lippies. However, this is a very very minimal flaw, and one I have absolutely no problem with.

The actual lipstick looks very creamy to the eye, and has a very light vanilla fragrance. When applied on the lips it feels very creamy, smooth and the vanilla aroma is very pleasant and adds to the 'creaminess' of the lipstick. Now the colour - wow. The colour is very true to the lid colour, it wears so beautifully on the lips. It has a slight creamy shine, but not glossy, and the formula seems to envelop your lips in colour and condition and hydrate them at the same time, so that they don't look flakey, but appear flawlessly smooth. It also doesn't highlight any lines on the lips, and it doesn't bleed or feather around the lip line. I couldn't possibly want anything more from a lipstick. I actually use this like a lip conditioner, it is that good. Also, this shade is so adaptable when worn with lip liner! I find that I can manipulate the hue of the lipstick by switching up lip liners, e.g.. it can look either brownish or taupey or pink if worn with lipliners of that shade. The other thing I love about it is that you can wear this lipstick with a bit of BB cream and a lashing of bronzer for a barely there, no-make up, flawless look.. OR you could wear it with a full face of make up with smokey eyes and contoured cheeks for a very Kim Kardashian sultry look.

It is simply a MUST HAVE in your toolkit. Love.

As the lipstick is relatively inexpensive (compared to some high end brands which don't guarantee to be as good) you have nothing to lose by grabbing one of these.

Maybelline also came out with a nude range of nail polishes to match these lipsticks and I cannot wait to get my hands on one, I really hope this line sticks around a while so that I can try out most of the shades!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 3:32:00 AM More reviews by veelui

this is one of those products where i could use the comment "i dont always..but when i do its..". im usually a lip balm or lipgloss girl, but i wanted something to switch it up, so i bought these in sin-a-mon, taupe and nude.. i love lip colors in nude and mauve-pink shades.. usually the ones closest to my own natural lip color. i will buy more when i finish :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by laurenjill05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have these in Nude Lust and Touchable Taupe. NL is a peachy nude and I usually don't wear it by itself. I like to take TT (which is a little dark for daytime wear) and put the lighter shade NL in the middle of my lips to soften up the darkness of TT (ombre lips?). The staying power is pretty good, about 2 hours. These lipsticks ARE NOT SHEER at all... they are very pigmented - the color you see in the tube is exactly how strong it will be on your lips pretty much. I made the mistake of buying Nude Embrace from this line, because I found the nude with pink/lilac undertones pretty unqiue. Got home, put it on and I looked like a dead person. Wayyy too light on my light olive skin tone. Definitely returned it. If you ever consider buying Nude Embrace - please realize you are buying a 'concealer' type of nude and it's very dramatic, pigmented and light - not natural looking at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by SStar777

The best shade in this line for me is stormy sahara, beautiful peachy nude shade. It brightens my face.love it. I have two fav nudes and both are from maybelline. The pinkish brown nude shade of maybelline totally toffee and peachy nude shade of maybelline stormy sahara, both are awesome and covers full spectrum of nudes. So if u wanna have just few thn try these two. I could not find nudes that suit me in high end departmental brands and I found them in maybelline. Awesome lipsticks, will surely repurchase whenever run out of it. Thank you maybelline ... awesome nudes :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 2:29:00 PM More reviews by stimwink1

This was a display at my local Walgreens I ran into it on New Years and I picked up three. This is suppose to be a new collection all in the Nude tones. I am and NW25 and I got 920 Nude Lust a pink toned nude little lighter than Loreals Fairly Nude, 930 Truffel tease a yellow based nude and 935 Sin a MON a brown/pink nude. All are pretty opaque and all work with my skintone but it will depend on what my other makeup is which one I would use. The application is creamy not completely Matte as 935 did have some satin to the finsh. The wear time was pretty good I was eatting and drinking with it and while there was wear off I still did have product on my lips.
Packaging is functional and the tone of the case indicates the tone of the lippyl. However when you look at the display it can get a little blurry as to colors. The label also has the tone of the nude and should give you a good idea of the color.

Now I don't have anything else in this line so I cannot tell you if these colors (listed as NEW) truly are or if there is something already out there in the covergirl line close to it. IF in doubt take the lippy with you to compare. Be aware as well that these lippys are not sealed so check it before you check out to make sure it hasn't been swiped before you get it home Yucky. You might want to spray it with alcohol and wipe it off before you use it the first time

This does have the mom/gramma lipstick smell which takes a while to go away. Doesn't bother me but if you are sensitive this may not be the one for you and you maybe better off with the more expensive UD or MAC lippys

All in all yep I like them. Don't know if they will be a limited addition or a perm part of Covergirl line. If they are I would probably repurchase.

Update 1/26/2014 - Decided to buy the darkest color Espresso Exposed. A rich brick toned nude Definitely more dramatic and vampy but a real good alternative if you don't want to wear a bright red but want something more. Formula the same and really pretty!

2/5/2014 - One more UPDATE! Heard through the grape vine these will become part of the permanent collection! YAY! Looking to get one more Sahara ...(not sure of the name. ) More of a peachy nude. I'm really liking these!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by xcessa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a very pale person so I don't tend to wear nudes much, they are tricky to find great ones. I already have the perfect pinky nude (Shiseido perfect rouge in Baby) and the perfect peach nude (Rimmel Nude Delight) and the perfect ghosty nude (Gosh's Darling) however I kept seeing people use The Buffs in Blushing Beige on YouTube and got myself a lemming. When I got to the drugstore, Blushing Beige looked really boring and a tad too light for me. I opened Nude Lust (racy name for Maybelling, no?) and thought to myself ok - here's a nude I don't have. It's a slight bit darker than the other nudes I have, without veering into that dangerous and disgusting 90s brown territory. I think it's a nice balance of pink and peach and beige with a bit more depth than a regular nude. I put a gloss over top of this when I got home (Bite's Honey) and it looked insanely beautiful!
I would highly recommend this lipstick because it's so gorgeous and only $10! I should also mention it has a creamy, glossy finish itself but isn't streaky, and smells lovely light a slight coconut/vanilla scent.