Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Intensive Lip Repair Balm

4.2

• Petrolatum, Shea Butter, Palm Tree Butter, Essential Fatty Acids complex and Honey Extract • Petrolatum and Arnica Flower Oil • Vitamins A & E • Menthol and Menthol lactate • Cardiospermum Halicacabum

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This review is for the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream - Nourishing Lip Balm spf 15.
I find this product is helping to hydrate my lips, which currently is peeling. I have tried piles of lip balms (Kiehl, Nivea, etc), and I was OK happy with the Caudalie one. But this managed to be better than Caudalie.
I strongly recommend it.

on 5/23/2014 5:34:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is an incredible lip balm, but the price is absolutely ridiculous. If it was even between 10 and 15 I could maybe think about a sneaky splurge but for over 20 I'll be sticking to my carmex.

On the plus side, it does last FOR AGES. You only need a very tiny amount at night to wake up with your lips looking plumped and not a crack in sight (it apparently works wonders for coldsores but I don't have any experience with this). When you first put it on, it's very tingly so you really feel likes it's working, and it sits quite thick on the lips - this is definitely a repair, not an everyday balm. When I use it at night, I notice that I only need to apply carmex once during the day instead of the usual 3 or 4 times - so it's helping my other products to last longer too.

It also intensifies your natural lip colour - my lips are relatively nude but when I put this on, I hardly need lipstick because my lips turn a lovely deep pinky-nude, almost like MAC's Viva Glam lipstick. It comes with that 8-Hour smell we all know and love as well.

If you have the cash to spend, this is definitely a great buy. You get so much for your money that it is ALMOST worth it - on a waitress's salary however, I'll be hanging round the counter hoping for testers

on 5/21/2014 6:20:00 PM

This review is for the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream - Nourishing Lip Balm with sunscreen. I got this lip balm in a set with a couple of other items and after being told about the raves reviews of the Eight Hour Cream, I couldn't wait to try it. I'll be honest I've tried a fair few different lip balms and this is NOT one of the better ones. the product itself is nice, thick and creamy with almost NO smell. It's not to sticky on either and sinks into your lips beautifully. I even like the packaging its solid in your hand and quality plastic so it's sturdy. My issue is that the product actually dries my lips out and they don't feel softer or nourished. I find that I have to continually apply the product to keep my lips from drying out. Considering the price of this item and what it's supposed to do it's a fail. I won't repurchase.

on 1/16/2014 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this balm the only downside is that it comes in a tub and you have to stick your fingers in it.
Really helped my dry chapped lips.

on 1/12/2014 5:50:00 AM

This is a must-buy for those who regularly wear lipstick and suffer from constantly dry and chapped lips as a result. I apply it at night and wake up with the softest lips ever. I also use it as a lip conditioner/primer in the first step of my makeup routine and it really makes the lipstick glide on so much more smoothly. I also love the minty feeling it leaves on my lips. It's pricey for a small jar, but it does last a long time so I reckon it's a worthy investment.

Popular Lip Treatments