November 28, 2014 | 2006 users online

Palettes - Anastasia Of Beverly Hills - Contour Kit

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by kattilacc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I have EXTREMELY fair skin with a blue undertone (basically reflective) and this isn't a contour pallet for my skin tone. I bought it straight from Sephora so I didn't get to customize the color choices. Fawn is the only color I use from this pallet. Paying $52 for ONE useable pan sucks.
This product would probably rock if I was a darker skintone.
The pigmentation is amazing, colors are stunning but just not for this gal. I hunted in Canada for this pallet for awhile and I was soooo excited to get it and soo let down. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2014 3:57:00 AM More reviews by Allysunwonderland

Honestly not really impressed considering the hype around this product. This isn't something I've found flattering on my complexion nor an essential item to my contour routine. I'm returning this product as it's really not all that I hoped for it to be and believe that Ben nye bella and mojave podure palettes are a much better alternative considering that in my experience there's more pigmentation, blends like butter, and actually cheaper considering you receive 8 shades for $50.. not to mention Ben nye products are made in US, where as this cheaply made product of course is conducted in China. I personally will not support this ' Anastasia Beverly Hills' foolishness.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2014 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Beautywithhannahmae

I LOVE my contour kit!!!! The bronzers are incredibly blend able and the range of colors is amazing!!! i also use the banana color underneath my eyes. It definitely helps cancel dark circles for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by beautyllush

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this kit. i think this is a great kit for anyone--novice or not. you get six pans for $40, making it less than $10 per pan. the idea is, you get a great palette for $40, instead of buying something cheaper to learn how to contour, then buying this. you end up wasting more money, in a sense.
in addition to the new customization, you can even get shades that would be fit to use as a blusher. i wear Desert Beige in estee lauder's double wear and i personally prefer java and fawn to contour. i use the highlighters as more of a setting powder, but they also work to highlight without adding too much shimmer. havana is too orange for me but i'm not too heartbroken about that. sand is EXTREMELY shimmery so i'm always careful when it use it, but at least a little goes a long way. these are really blendable and have definitely become a staple in my makeup routine.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by jacielsmommy

I love how you can have 6 shades to contour & highlight in one palette & they're quality ones at that. Especially since now you can customize it, I'd say this palette is all you need for yourself & your clients!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2014 1:20:00 AM More reviews by bribi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm am a contour-junkie. I've tried so many combos and brands, because my face is just like.... Jowels with two eyes and a mouth and a nose stuck in the middle. Finally, I bought this one because you can choose your shades and so many contour kits are made for people with Kim kardashian complexions and I'm all drew Barrymore. Since the brightness is turned way up on my computer, I ended up choosing some weird ones, but "fawn" is a dream, as well as "vanilla" and I think "espresso." They are so pigmented and buttery and blend really, really well. As soon as I got to work, after the first day I used it, my coworker said "your makeup looks SO GOOD." And I admit, it does make a difference using cool beiges when you're pale and cool toned. Those orangey tans are bad news, so this is a LIFE SAVER.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by vannii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I cannot live without this product. Don't even know what I was doing with my life before. All jokes aside, this has really sped up my make up application in the morning. I don't have to spend time hunting up a highlighter, a matte bronzer and setting powder. I simply reach for this and I'm all done. The packaging is really handy, and I love the fact that you get so many different colors. It's a bit expensive, but if I had bought all these colors separately it probably would have ended up a lot more expensive. The product stays on all day and you can build it up without it becoming cakey or muddy. My makeup has ended up looking more flawless and it lasts all day. I will absolutely be purchasing it again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2014 2:30:00 AM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

This LITERALLY makes my make up application so much straight forward and easier - by 2 ways. First, It's a palette, aka, I reach for this 1 thing, and I'll be able to use it for numerous parts of my face. This cuts down on the time spent to go through my make up collection grabbing different kinds of setting/highlight/contour powders. Secondly, these are such finely milled that I do not have to worry about my contour looking muddy/scratchy.

With my damp beauty blender, I use a mixture of the first two light powders to set my undereye concealer, as well as any highlights of my face that I want to remain matte. The mixture of the two light powders create the perfect shade for my undereyes (I'm NC30, but I like my undereyes area to be lighter).

As for my contour, I love mixing all three contour shades with any angled contour brush to get the perfect cool-toned contour shade. The mixture of the three shades gives me the perfect shadow..not too dark, but not too 'red' at the same time. I can also build up my contour without fear of it getting muddy (which happens often with my MAC Harmony blush if I've been building my contour up). If I want a lighter-shade contour (like for everyday), then I'll simply leave out the dark contour shade on the far right. If I want a dramatic contoured face, then I'll mix all 3 shades together. This technique has done wonders for my cheek and nose contour.

With the shimmery highlight powder, I use a small face tapered brush so that I can apply the highlighter very selectively, instead of it going everywhere on my face. The main thing that I love most about this shimmer powder is that it is neither cool, or warm toned. This allows most people, regardless of their skin tone to be able to use this highlight shade. This shimmery powder is quite pigmented, so a lot goes a long way. However, the shine is quite controllable depending on your application technique, and whether you initially pick up a bunch on your brush.

Like I said earlier, this makes my MU application so much easier. I don't have to think about which products I'll use because it has everything I need for both highlighting and contour. The highlighting powders are all light enough to be highlighters (as well as regular setting powder), and the contour powders are dark enough. MOST IMPORTANTLY ..this kit has a variety of cool to warm contour shades, so regardless of your skintone/skin color, you'll be able to find (or mix) to get the perfect shade.

The packaging is fine, nothing special. I actually prefer this being in a cardboard palette because it minimizes the chances of powders cracking if it is dropped (compared to it being in a plastic palette). The price is meh..costly but I'm willing to spend the amount for my HG highlight and contour palette (which doesnt happen often for me). Definitely a must have for me, and I will repurchase for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by KarlaKimbo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Favorite contour colors ever ! They are so well designed. I have had my contour kit since late January early February and I have not hit pan on any contour color (bottom three) . NC30 skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 9:41:00 AM More reviews by chogan7

I hav read the reviews and I didnt like the colors of the contour kit when I swatched the colors at sephora....i saw on the website that you could customize your contour kit and did just that! it has absolutely REVOLUTIONALIZED my makeup process! I am caramel complected (i use laura mercier in the shade 173 as I dont have a MAC reference).

Here are the colors I chose for my contour kit:

10k (highlight which I probably wont use, but I couldnt figure out another color)
Cinnamon (blend contour under the line)
Espresso (contour cheek)
Golden Peach (color correcting concealer setting)
Macchiato (says highlighter when I received it, but I will use it as a blending tool)
Peaches and Cream (set concealer)

These colors work so well for me! Especially the Peaches and Cream to set my concealer, I was using the Ben Nye Banana Powder but I LOVE how this makes me look absolutely flawless and airbrushed!

I will definitely purchase more! If you dont like the original kit I would advise you to look at the color wheel and find colors that would match your tone and the colors that work well for your skin!