October 21, 2014 | 1927 users online

Palettes - Anastasia Of Beverly Hills - Contour Kit

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by vannii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I cannot live without this product. Don't even know what I was doing with my life before. All jokes aside, this has really sped up my make up application in the morning. I don't have to spend time hunting up a highlighter, a matte bronzer and setting powder. I simply reach for this and I'm all done. The packaging is really handy, and I love the fact that you get so many different colors. It's a bit expensive, but if I had bought all these colors separately it probably would have ended up a lot more expensive. The product stays on all day and you can build it up without it becoming cakey or muddy. My makeup has ended up looking more flawless and it lasts all day. I will absolutely be purchasing it again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2014 2:30:00 AM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

This LITERALLY makes my make up application so much straight forward and easier - by 2 ways. First, It's a palette, aka, I reach for this 1 thing, and I'll be able to use it for numerous parts of my face. This cuts down on the time spent to go through my make up collection grabbing different kinds of setting/highlight/contour powders. Secondly, these are such finely milled that I do not have to worry about my contour looking muddy/scratchy.

With my damp beauty blender, I use a mixture of the first two light powders to set my undereye concealer, as well as any highlights of my face that I want to remain matte. The mixture of the two light powders create the perfect shade for my undereyes (I'm NC30, but I like my undereyes area to be lighter).

As for my contour, I love mixing all three contour shades with any angled contour brush to get the perfect cool-toned contour shade. The mixture of the three shades gives me the perfect shadow..not too dark, but not too 'red' at the same time. I can also build up my contour without fear of it getting muddy (which happens often with my MAC Harmony blush if I've been building my contour up). If I want a lighter-shade contour (like for everyday), then I'll simply leave out the dark contour shade on the far right. If I want a dramatic contoured face, then I'll mix all 3 shades together. This technique has done wonders for my cheek and nose contour.

With the shimmery highlight powder, I use a small face tapered brush so that I can apply the highlighter very selectively, instead of it going everywhere on my face. The main thing that I love most about this shimmer powder is that it is neither cool, or warm toned. This allows most people, regardless of their skin tone to be able to use this highlight shade. This shimmery powder is quite pigmented, so a lot goes a long way. However, the shine is quite controllable depending on your application technique, and whether you initially pick up a bunch on your brush.

Like I said earlier, this makes my MU application so much easier. I don't have to think about which products I'll use because it has everything I need for both highlighting and contour. The highlighting powders are all light enough to be highlighters (as well as regular setting powder), and the contour powders are dark enough. MOST IMPORTANTLY ..this kit has a variety of cool to warm contour shades, so regardless of your skintone/skin color, you'll be able to find (or mix) to get the perfect shade.

The packaging is fine, nothing special. I actually prefer this being in a cardboard palette because it minimizes the chances of powders cracking if it is dropped (compared to it being in a plastic palette). The price is meh..costly but I'm willing to spend the amount for my HG highlight and contour palette (which doesnt happen often for me). Definitely a must have for me, and I will repurchase for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by KarlaKimbo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Favorite contour colors ever ! They are so well designed. I have had my contour kit since late January early February and I have not hit pan on any contour color (bottom three) . NC30 skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 9:41:00 AM More reviews by chogan7

I hav read the reviews and I didnt like the colors of the contour kit when I swatched the colors at sephora....i saw on the website that you could customize your contour kit and did just that! it has absolutely REVOLUTIONALIZED my makeup process! I am caramel complected (i use laura mercier in the shade 173 as I dont have a MAC reference).

Here are the colors I chose for my contour kit:

10k (highlight which I probably wont use, but I couldnt figure out another color)
Cinnamon (blend contour under the line)
Espresso (contour cheek)
Golden Peach (color correcting concealer setting)
Macchiato (says highlighter when I received it, but I will use it as a blending tool)
Peaches and Cream (set concealer)

These colors work so well for me! Especially the Peaches and Cream to set my concealer, I was using the Ben Nye Banana Powder but I LOVE how this makes me look absolutely flawless and airbrushed!

I will definitely purchase more! If you dont like the original kit I would advise you to look at the color wheel and find colors that would match your tone and the colors that work well for your skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Lopez2214

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Loved the bronze and some of the white color. But I'm so pale you can't notice much.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I ordered this off the anastasia site, $40 free shipping to Hawaii.

I bought it because I was interested in the banana and middle brown contour shade. In my opinion, I think this product is too hyped up.

I'm about an nc30-35 right now and I found the contouring shades to be either too red or too orange. The middle brown shade is nice but it barely shows on my skintone.

I normally set my under eye concealer with Laura mercier's secret camouflage powder, which is my HG. The banana shade in the kit creases. Even after purchasing this contour kit, I realize that I still grab for my regular products that I've used before.

The palette is in a cardboard box, which is ridiculous!!!! At least put it in a sturdier palette plus there's no mirror in the palette, which sucks because the size would've been perfect.

I am a fan of Anastasia's brow products but I wouldn't repurchase this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2014 7:26:00 AM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm definitely in the minority here, but I wasn't thrilled about this product. I had to order it online without swatching it on myself because I couldn't find the kit anywhere, let alone a tester.
I'm very pale (think Bobbi Brown Alabaster), with a pretty neutral skin tone that leans cool. I can't use things like Benefit Hula bronzer or Too Faced Chocolate Soleil bronzer for contouring because they pull orange on me. From the Anastasia kit "Java" and "Fawn" worked pretty well for me, but "Havana" was way too dark and pulled orange.
As for the highlighters, this is where I was highly disappointed. They were basically useless on my skin because they didn't show up at all. "Banana" was not good at all for me, but I understand how it would be useful for people with warm skin. "Vanilla" was ridiculous. It was a much better color match but not nearly as light as I felt it should've been. The only shimmery shade "Sand" was the only highlighter I really went for and I prefer my many other shimmery highlighters.
I ended up mailing it back, which was sad.
I'm giving it three stars because I don't think the issue was as much pigmentation as it was ill-fitted for me personally. I think it's a great idea to have everything in one kit, but the pale people need a matte highlight as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by IridessaS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite products to use for contouring. I love how it shows on my medium dark skin! And the banana color is great for highlighting under the eye!! Just look at all the contouring-highlighting video tutorials on YouTube that use this product.
I find the price quite good, since you get 6 shades. I've also used some as eyeshadows and they work well! On days when I wear minimum makeup, I use the middle dark shade lightly for contouring and I also sweep it in the crease, mascara, brows and I'm good to go!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 1:12:00 PM More reviews by midgetasian93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love everything Anastasia, but this is my favourite product. I've watched all the makeup tutorials on Youtube and used all the suggested products there are for contouring, but for some reason or another they did not last or when they went on patchy. So when I saw everyone raving about this I was excited, but not hopeful. But as soon as I put it on my face I fell in love. It is so pigmented, the colour is rich, it doesn't have an orange undertone some products have, and it just worked for me. Friends and family have asked if I've lost weight, because my face looks so much slimmer - little do they know. This product is worth every dollar.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by margomiller

This palette is so beautifully designed especially for the price. The 3 contour shades are the most pigmented things I have seen in my life and are AMAZING!! Unfortunately I am not impressed with the 3 highlight shades. They barely show! But this product still deserves 5 lippies for these beautiful contour shades.