Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Contour Kit

3.9

All hail the holy grail of contouring kits. I LOVE this kit I can't really say anything bad about it. I got this kit when it first became available at Sephora so I don't think the different colors were available then, but all the original colors worked for me. They are highly pigmented and I LOVE the banana powder. I also think sand is such a great highlighter, it really takes the contour to the next level and shows up great in pictures. I hope this product sticks around for a long time.

on 3/23/2015 1:40:00 PM

Not sure if I got a defective product, or was using the wrong brush but I felt the colors weren't very pigmented at all, and the highlight didn't show up unless I really caked it on. The shimmery shade also started clumping after a few uses. A little disappointed because after reading all the reviews I had really high hopes for this contour kit! I'm sure you can get same quality for a much more reasonable price elsewhere though.

on 3/19/2015 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't know why I waited so long to buy this bad boy! It's amazing! The contour shades are so smooth and pigmented and unlike any bronzer I've tried contouring with before. The highlight shades are also smooth and very blendable. Definitely worth every penny! There are a lot of YouTube tutorials on how to apply, but I feel like you'll get the hang of it and how you like to apply it with practice.

on 3/16/2015 7:04:00 PM

The quality of the powders is amazing. Very easy to blend and apply. I truly found nothing wrong with this product. I just wish that the highlight powders were more pigmented. I find myself using the contour powders and using a different highlight, not the given ones. The banana powder is amazing though !

on 3/12/2015 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love this contour kit. It's a little pricey, but the colours are so pigmented and blend so beautifully. My favourite is Banana (obviously) for brightening under eye setting and even highlighting between my brows and on my chin. For contour shades, I love Fawn, it's the perfect shadowy contour shade without getting to bronzey. I wish the other two shades (Havana and Java) weren't so warm because it's not the best for the winter, but they're great to mix with Fawn and look awesome in the summer. The only shade I don't care for is the highlight colour, I think it's Vanilla? I just don't reach for it, I'd rather use something less pinky. I'm not sure if I would repurchase the kit, but I might buy some of the individual refill pans when I run out of the colours I like.

Also, I have a small issue with the packaging... I notice that there's still a gap when you close the top (it uses a magnet to stay shut) so I had my concerns about hygiene, but it's not a huge deal.

on 3/9/2015 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this powder contour kit (light to medium) for just about a month and have been very happy. I am getting more familiar on how to use it (watching youtube videos help) and have gotten so many compliments on my makeup or how my skin looks since I started using it. I definitely notice a difference but a natural one. I think it's all about using the right colors and blending, blending, blending. I find the colors to be highly pigmented so a little goes a long way. I just recently ordered the cream contour kit and can't wait to receive that. I have very dry skin so the only issue I have with this kit is it's a lot of powder on my skin and can make me appear drier than normal. Otherwise, I love this kit and would highly recommend.

on 3/5/2015 1:40:00 AM

I honestly really liked this contour palette when I first started using it! After a while I noticed my skin starting to break out where I contour. I mostly used fawn and java and occasionally I would use havana. It's such a bummer because I really liked the color fawn but I think it was the color that broke me out. Thankfully the highlighting colors are treating my skin ok! I really like banana I wear it almost everyday. I also like to mix banana with vanilla, good combo!!(: I'm still in search for another palette because it sucks wasting 40 bucks on only 2 colors now.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This product is worth it and I would repurchase it but I feel like the hype on this product is extreme. It's more expensive in Canada than it is in America. I would tell others to purchase this but I find that it would work better on other skin tones, the highlighters other than the banana shade don't work as well as I want them too but the contour shades are amazing. Good quality great pigmentation. The packaging is nice, I like the thickness of the packaging and the magnetic closure. Overall I would recommend it.

on 2/25/2015 9:13:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I tried several different contour kits and things and this is my favorite. The price is really good for six different shades any of which can be purchased individually to refill this palette. I find that I use just about every color in here. I use the two bottom left ones to contour, The top right one for a highlight and set my undereye with either of the other two on the top row. I have used the bottom right one as a bronzer but it's not exactly the best color bronzer for me so I probably won't use it again. The only problem I have with this pallete was that somehow one of the colors got coated over and really hard and I had to scrape it off in order to use it again. That has never happened to me before and I'm not sure how it happened but just be advised that it may happen to you. Otherwise I find it perfect for me and my needs:-)

on 2/23/2015 11:48:00 PM

I enjoy this contour palette quite a bit, but to be honest I only really use 2 out of the 6. I mainly use the 2 contour colours, and the last one I use to contour my nose so I've barely touched it and I also don't contour my nose everyday. I use one of the highlighters sometimes, but I have better highlighters in my personal collection. I'd say that the contour colours in the palette are very good. Good colour, great formula, easy to blend on your face. I'd probably just repurchase the separate pans of the colours I do like and just keep using that. I'd say it's a good value, for around ~$60 you get 6 colours to try and I did fall in love with 2 of the contour colours!

The packaging does bother me a little because I feel like it's always dirty (think of NARS packaging, and it's the same idea). I feel like the palette should also have a mirror.

Popular Palettes