January 30, 2015 | 1283 users online

Palettes - Anastasia Of Beverly Hills - Contour Kit

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2015 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Indee500

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased the ABH contour kit in the shade medium, I must say it does have good pigmentation, but it is expensive and highly overrated, not worth the hype.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2015 12:32:00 AM More reviews by ambercamille

I'm on the fence with this one. I like the kit and I know that new shades have been released but I have yet to try any of them. I wear NC25 and I mainly use the banana shade (I have basically used all of it), and the first contour shade on the bottom. The middle contour looks too muddy and gray on me and the other is too orange. The light pink highlight shade is nice as an eyeshadow or brow bone shade and I do use the shimmery highlight on my cheekbones. It was a steep price tag considering I don't use all of the shades. I will most likely purchase a single of the banana and I am curious about the new shades.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2015 2:36:00 PM More reviews by danielle5820

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had to get this after all the MUA hype and I love all her products anyway. So I went out and bought new brushes especially! Well.. It's nothing great. Most girls who use it on YouTube only use 3 colours.. Of which I already have in Nars bronzers, becca highlighters and mac products! It's just not worth the money for me, especially as I like a dewy finish. On the bright side you can get good money on eBay for them!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2015 11:18:00 PM More reviews by amary18

For reference, I am NC42 in MAC Studio Fix Fluid. The colors in the original palette barely showed up on my tanned skin, so I waited for the Medium-Dark release. I purchased online from Sephora and was excited initially to receive it given all the instagram hype.

My thoughts:
-The pans are small; and to be honest, I only use two-three of the colors of the six.
-The colors are pigmented; and are blendable to build up.
-It's expensive; don't know how long it will last since I just got it, but I have been using the two/three pans in the palette EVERYDAY since.

I will not be repurchasing. I prefer to get more bang for my buck with one/two colors from other brands (e.g. MAC's blush in Blunt; two-faced bronzers; and BECCA Opal to highlight).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2015 2:47:00 PM More reviews by princessmeowmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

NC15 beige-toned, dry skin here.
Some of the colours are very nice, others look scaly (the shimmery illuminating one), while others are TOO dark and I can't use them at all. The powders last all day though and I haven't garnered an allergic reaction from these powders unlike other reviewers. Would not recommend in particular, especially with the steep price.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2015 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Amanda0511

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ugh I'm so disappointed with this product. I can't believe I wasted so much time and energy trying to track this down months ago. My local Sephora had this is stock so I grabbed it and ran right home to wash my face and play. First off the packaging doesn't really bother me as the magnectic closer seemed to work good. I actually like the highlight Sand as I prefer a softer highlight for everyday, but Vanilla and Banana did not show up on me and they are not very pigmented to begin with. I had to really build up banana and I would never leave yet house with that much powder under my eyes. Java and Fawn were smooth and pigment Havana was to orange for my skin tone. I would purchase Java and Fawn in singles, but just liking two out of the six's shades does not justify $40. I went right back to Sephora and returned it. I already own Mac Pro shaping powders and sculpting powders that I adore and for I would rather spend the extra $7. for almost double the product.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2015 11:58:00 PM More reviews by elliex0x0x

FIRST OFF for everyone who can't get it in a real life store, Beauty Bay will charge $80 for it but their actual website will let you either buy this one or select your own shades and get it delivered (to Australia in my case) for only $69! I unfortunately made the mistake of buying it off Beauty Bay without checking first. Anyway I'm a white person but I'm pretty tanned, people often ask whether I am half Asian or African etc. Also I've been extremely yellow my entire life, as soon as I was born they tested me for jaundice because I was so yellow. Anyway, the vanilla and sand shades are barely even pigmented, they won't show up on my skin at all and they are very pink. The banana shade will do a very subtle job at highlighting but will mostly just blend in to my skin unless I put on a whole heap. Java definitely is pinkish brown and havana is just a straight brown, neither of these shades have a grey undertone as a shadow is supposed to be, and they are way too dark. Putting them on my forehead or jaw line makes it looks as though I have a severe facial hair problem. Fawn definitely is the one I use to contour as it's more grey than the other shades. I'd recommend that anyone thinking of purchasing this palette just go on to their website where they even have subcategories with suggested shades to choose from depending on your skin tone. With only 2 shades I actually use in this palette I will definitely make my own and get it delivered next time.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2015 1:34:00 PM More reviews by iheartmakeup93

broke me out:( im hoping im able to return it cause i really dont want $40 to go into the trash:/

i didnt really like the brozer shade..too orangy and the colo on the opposite side didnt even work...it wouldnt even swatch..
i was dissappointed :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2015 6:32:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off, I am MAC NC20 and MUFE 117. This palette is not made for light skin tones (at least not the pre made one). Vanilla blends into my skin, so you can't even see it, Banana looks like obvious yellow powder on my face, Sand is pretty, but it's very subtle, Java is too dark, Fawn is a good contouring powder, but I just wish it had more of a grey under tone since shadows are not brown, but it's an ok option, and Havana is way too warm but would work well as a bronzer for some skin tones. Overall, I think this palette would only work for medium skin tones, because it doesn't work for mine, and I don't think it's dark enough for dark skin. Even though I would probably use Fawn, it's not worth the money for just one pan, so I returned it. I would rather pay $17 for a pan of MAC Sculpt than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2015 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Athenia

Awesome palette ! I have pretty tan skin and nothing ever shows up except for this! The powder is so finely milled and sits on my face perfectly ! Makes my skin glow. It's a little pricey but totally worth it !