Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Contour Kit

3.5

on 8/27/2015 8:00:00 PM

I'm a fan of the contour kit by Anastasia of Beverly Hills. I did some extensive research on contour kits on YouTube and other beauty sites and while I had my doubts on this one, once I was able to feel the product in person I really loved the almost-creamy texture that the powders had. I personally don't like cool tones on my skin, my undertones are naturally orange. So it was between this one and the NYX palette and I liked the colors on this one much better. To each thier own! For my own contouring routine I use foundation all over, then light concealer under eyes, nose, forehead and below cheek bones. Then a dark concealer on the hollows of my cheeks, forehead, nose and below jawline. Then I powder set and finally use the contour kit over the cream concealers I use. So in reality, probably just using this kit on its own wouldn't be as intense. But this blends very very well and I do like the colors. Banana is perfect under the eyes, vanilla on the highlighted areas, and the darker shades all around. I personally don't get much use out of the shimmer highlight color, I use my own highlight for the finishing touch. But overall I really do think it's a good product...for the right person! Not everyone will love it but check out all the palettes that are out there and chose whichever one YOU love!

on 8/23/2015 3:24:00 AM

I actually don't mind this palette at all, I just wish there was more pigment to the colors and that they blended a little easier. When I use it, it's normally over their cream contour kit so it's more of like a setting powder and it blends 1,000x better than just by itself to contour. It was $40 when I bought it, the packaging is nice. Over all Id recommend this to a friend as long as they knew tricks on how to contour and didn't mind spending the money.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is the pioneer of contour kits in the makeup industry, but despite its hype all over the community, it fails to impress me at all. I guess it's okay, but I really wanted to like this palette but.... it's not really working for me.

PROS:
- packaging: nice and small and compact, wish it came with a mirror.
- versatile: can use the contour colors as transition shades or eyeshadow if you're in a rush
- travel-friendly: it's small and compact.
- refillable shades if you ran out of one particular shade.
- blendable
- contour colors are decently pigmented
- wide range of colors for all skintones

CONS:
- the contour colors BROKE ME OUT LIKE CRAZY. I was trying to convince myself I'm only breaking out from hormonal imbalance but the little bumps on my face are specifically located where I would apply my contour colors. I never had them before I got the palette.
- the banana shade is not pigmented at all. I have to swirl my brush 10x to get a decent amount of product. I also feel like it doesn't highlight enough
- contour colors, albeit pigmented, are too warm for contouring.
- the shimmery highlight shade is useless.

Please save your skin and money and get the Kat Von D one instead.

on 8/19/2015 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Where do I start with this marvelous little pallete?... 1- blends amazingly. 2- colors work in harmony with my skin tone. 3- very versatile. I use this to set, contour, bronze, highlight, eye shadow and the peachy shades as a blush 4-travel friendly For reference I use Mac NC45 and NARS Cadiz so this in the shade Medium is a perfect match. I love this so much I am going to buy the Dark lit as well. HIGHLY recommended.

on 8/14/2015 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really need help finding a contour kit please? I have looked at lots of reviews and they all say the same thing. I have pretty pale skin and really want a good contouring kit please help

on 8/14/2015 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Don't like it. I heard so many positive reviews about it but i wish i hadn't gotten it

on 8/14/2015 8:34:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have the powder kit in light and the cream kit in medium (I self tan a lot) the powder is good, idk that it's amazing. But I do love the cream kit! Don't be scared to mix the colors and make sure you take the time to blend. I really love the cream kit. Wish I didn't wait so long to buy. 😍

on 7/29/2015 11:55:00 AM

Love it

on 7/28/2015 8:38:00 AM

No wonder Norvina (anastasia's daughter) gives her products to well known beauty gurus on yourine & instagram. I have the powder kid in the shade light and there is only one color that os siitable for contouring onmy skin color. I'm mac nc20 for color refwrence. It's a well known fact that taupe colors with cool or grey undertones are best for contouring on light skin hues. But this palettes contour shades are "muddy" and warm making this palette unflattering on light skinned girls which iw itonic bease the shade that im reviewing is designed for light skin tones. Instagram artists make this product look amazing, but for the every day beauty consumer it is impractical. The highlight shades are not even hilighters. They have the most subtle sheen and they have the lightest coverage ever and aren't the best for oil control so you can't even use them as setting powders. The only okay powder is the vanilla shade, but again the formula of these powders aren't the best and I have to day that this powder creases under my eyes awfully. It creases. There's only one shade I like from the powder palette. Other than this is a huge miss for me. I would suggest the smash box or thr kat von d co tour palette instead, they are 100 times better than this junk. I swear if you just Google contour palette on ebay or amazon you can find a better made in china version of this palette for the same quality for just a fraction of the price. Save your money. The only decent products anastasia has are the brow ones. Norvina and anastasia act like just because of that the rest of their line is God's gift but don't trust these beauty gurus on youtube, most of them get sent these junk anastasia products for free to review, hence the hype on youtube but bad reviews on makeupalley.

on 7/23/2015 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I finally got my hands on the light contour kit powder version and it is amazing I use it every day and it looks so natural. I am NC15 in mac. Just have to use good shaped brushes for contouring and highlighting etc. It is quite expensive and really hard to find in Australia as well so that is a downside. But I will definitely repurchase when it eventually runs out.

Popular Palettes