Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Contour Kit

3.6

on 7/23/2015 11:22:00 PM

I finally got my hands on the light contour kit powder version and it is amazing I use it every day and it looks so natural. I am NC15 in mac. Just have to use good shaped brushes for contouring and highlighting etc. It is quite expensive and really hard to find in Australia as well so that is a downside. But I will definitely repurchase when it eventually runs out.

on 7/22/2015 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

pros: u get your money worth because you get 6 powders for 40$ instead of one bronzer for between 30-40$ the average price of a high end bronzer. the banana powder works amazing under the eyes and I find myself using all of the contour shades cons: the highlight shade is terrible and offers little pigmentation I have never tried a bronzer that has lasted kn my skin and this is no exception it lasts on my skin for probably 2 hours

on 7/21/2015 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I was super excited when I finally decided to go ahead and purchase this palette. To say the least I was highly disappointed. Although the packaging is nice and the colors are good, I did not find this showing up on my skin. Not to say this wouldn't work for someone else, but in my condition, i just don't see myself every using this again. I returned the item for the new Lorac pro contour which in my opinion is much better. It has six times the amount of product in it, and the powders are the same texture as the eye shadows. Overall, this product was a disappointment.

on 7/14/2015 2:52:00 PM

I did not care for this product. It was so hyped on the internet (YouTube, Instagram) so I thought it must be a really good product, wrong. Pigmentation isn't great, very hard to blend, the banana shade is kind of weird and unnatural, and my skin looks caked and patchy when I used it. Will try to return this to Macy's soon hopefully. I read the other reviews and said I would try it for myself but it did not work for me.

By the way, I also bought the powder contour palette by Anastasia last year and I barely use it. It was also over-hyped and isn't as good as the Kat Von D one.

I bought the Anastasia Powder Contour Kit with high hopes after hearing so much rave about the product. I must say I was highly disappointed with this purchase, especially with it being $40 for the same product you could get from an elf bronzer/ highlighter. The Pigmentation is horrible and you have to apply several applications to even see results, and the colors are not all that complementing. I found that the bronzer was an unpleasant orange tone that was super un-natural looking and always gave me harsh lines no matter how hard I blended. Bottom line I wouldn't recommend. Stick with the cheap stuff, it works just as well if not better :)

on 6/27/2015 3:46:00 AM

Not worth the hype :( despite successfully hiding my pores with a well formulated primer, vanilla and banana emphasizes every single pore I have around my nose and badly crease under my eyes where it's supposed to highlight and give a luminous look, sad it caked! The highlight is useless! Can't even use it to highlight my brow bone. As for the contour color in the middle it got coated over and It hardly show and pigmentation when used! Luckily I'm tanned and I can make good use of the other 2 colors but again wasting 40 bucks on two bronzers is too much while my NYX bronzer could have done the same job of much less!
Disappointed and won't purchase again :(

on 6/22/2015 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

i'm very fair with pink undertones. i have this in light-medium.

this palette is the only contouring product i own, and the only one i need. i use it nearly every day. the powder is not overly pigmented which is great because when i'm contouring, less is more. if you accidentally apply too heavily, it's easy to blend. the contour colours don't look odd on my skin tone and the highlights are great for the cheekbones and nose.

overall, i'm so happy i bought this, even though it's expensive, and i'd buy it again.

on 6/20/2015 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Overhyped on YouTube and Instagram. Poor customer service. Product is fine, but not worth the price tag. Will not repurchase

on 6/15/2015 9:21:00 PM

I was so excited to get my hands on this product to be disappointed at the fact that it's not as pigmented as I expected. It was more of a bronzer for me to be honest. It came in a nice package with instructions on how to contour for different faces as I thought that was pretty neat especially for beginners.

on 6/15/2015 11:41:00 AM

I was really surprised to see this didn't have a higher rating with the reviews..i really like it my contour comes out sooo nice with this. Before this i was using NYX taupe blush and that was good but i really wanted a contour kit...a nice one... I had the coastal scents and bh cosmestics contour palette and whoa! Those did not work at all for me not in the least bit...My contour looked like straight poop stains on my face and they did not want to blend at all...so i gave them away used my taupe blush and loved that and then finally gave into this and i couldnt be happier...i got the light to medium kit...it has sand vanilla and banana for highlighters and java fawn and Havana for contouring..i use fawn for my contour and java for a bronzer if i really wanna amp things u..Havana is too dark and warm for me..for the highlighters vanilla does nothing for me bc im to pale but it does set my undereye area really nice if im just throwing on quick makeup...the banana shade is really nice for my under eyes but i have to apply it lightly or it can get a bit scary...and sand just gives me the tinest amount of a shimmer highlight which i like bc i dont want to look like a disco ball all the time...when i run out of the colors i am going to go on the site and order my own colors so i can use the whole palette...but overall i love this its very pigmented blendable and you can sheer it out or build up the color to your liking..

Popular Palettes