Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Contour Kit

3.5

I love it! I have to buy another counturying pallet because I was looking for preferrably cream contour kit that's more visible. Even though this contour kit is in powder it's perfect for my every day use and light controuing to work and regular daily activities. I love every shade of it as I know I'll be using different tones in the winter and different in the summer when I get a little tanned.

I bought this after reading all the hyped reviews about both the cream and powder kit, especially on instagram and debated whether to buy it or not. I waited 7 months and then finally bought the cream contour palette in shade" fair" as it is the palest kit for my nc15 skin. According to the Anastasia Beverly Hills website the palette will "help you sculpt, define and enhance your natural features." And to be honest I don't know whether I agree or not. I've had a love hate relationship wit this palette!!

Out of all 6 shades, I can only use 4 which is a bit of a bum. The centre highlight colour "lustre" is the weirdest formula. All the other colours are nice and creamy but this is almost watery and literally has NO pigment only a tad bit of shimmer. If I go to swatch is there is no colour there so cant use at all. Maybe I got a dud. The other 2 highlight shades, "soft light" and "fair" are very similar. They are both creamy, pigmented and blendable. Some days they do a great job, yet other days I feel like they just sit on top of face and if I try to blend, it move's my cream foundation below. For my highlight, if I use this, I apply it with zoeva 233 cream shader and blend it with the zoeva 110 faceshape brush or beauty blender

In terms of the contour colours, I cant make my mind up either. The shade on the far right of the palette "mink" is way way to dark for an nc15 kinda girl. The other 2 shades; "fawn" and "shadow I can use! hurrah! I use fawn most often since it is a tad lighter than "shadow" ( I feel as if shadow is warmer by a little bit). Some days I think they blend like a dream and give me those Kardashian cheekbones, other days I think it's really hard to blend and resembles nothing of a beautiful structure! Problems of not having natural cheekbones! I tend to use the beauty blender for the contour colours as they really can be a bugger to blend into the skin.

For the price which is £35.00 I think is quite pricey, especially for me when I can only use 4 out of 6 colours. I like the packaging. It's cute and you can take the pans out since they're magnetic. I would only by this again if they would change the colours a little bit, to make them cooler and the contour shades a more blendable.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I received this as a gift and first I must say I LOVE the highlighter! It gives a nice range of color so if you wanna look natural or darker you can do either or. The packaging is nice.

For me, it's perfect. Because I like the natural, soft contour look, and to me it's buildable when I want something more deeper. But if you want something more defined, and bold. It's not for you.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT HYPE THIS PRODUCT IS THE BLOGGERS WHO GET IT FOR FREE AND PROMOTE IT. ITS SO MUDDY

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The packing this product comes in is literally so cute. All the colors go with my skin and blend really well BUT, sadly this breaks me out ! I've heard and read some reviews before purchasing it and some that I read said they broke people out as well. I was thinking I was going to be one of those lucky ones that wouldn't have that problem but I was wrong. I decided to purchase it and give it a try. So I applied it and literally wishing the next day or two I had pimples where I had applied it. I didn't want to believe that it was true so I decided to use the dark one as eyeshadow and I got acne underneath my eyebrows!? What? Yeah I don't think this product is made for people with Oily or Sensitive skin. I feel like this works more on people with dry or normal skin. I've been sad because it was a bit pricey and now all I can think of is giving it away...:(

Was expecting a really pigmented shades, but it is actually very soft. You have to be patient and lightly contour your face. Stays really well, love the yellow-ish powder for under eye

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I truly do not understand the hype over this. I have tried many many many bronzers, contouring powders, blushes etc so I like to think that I am fairly experienced in make up. I range from NC20-NC35/40 because when I get spray tans daily I get very dark. I have tried this at my lightest and at my darkest. I have tried it with super expensive brushes and E.L.F brushes and it's always the same result....absolute crap. The colors are super muddy and look chalky and you could blend for an hour and it would still look uneven. They are not buttery at all and it either picks up too much color or not enough. It is over priced and over hyped. There are far better powders out there and for a fraction of the price. I don't even like the yellow powder for setting my concealer...every time I do it creases/smudges. Not a good texture, not blend able, chalky and uneven looking...take your 50$ elsewhere. I could put mud on my face and it would look better than this.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have the powder pallette in light. I really like the yellow and the med brown color. I don't really like the other light colors and prefer to use my nyx pallette because it has more options and better highlight colors. While the quality of product is a little better than the nyx I don't think it's that big of a difference to justify spending almost twice as much for less product. I don't hate this but I think I would rather buy the cream contour kit next time from anastasia and just stick to my other powder contour kit.

Love the light shades, the yellow is amazing but I hate the dark shades the just look so muddy and dirty on your face

Popular Contour ProductsProducts