September 19, 2014 | 1824 users online

Palettes - Anastasia Of Beverly Hills - Contour Kit

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 9:41:00 AM More reviews by chogan7

I hav read the reviews and I didnt like the colors of the contour kit when I swatched the colors at sephora....i saw on the website that you could customize your contour kit and did just that! it has absolutely REVOLUTIONALIZED my makeup process! I am caramel complected (i use laura mercier in the shade 173 as I dont have a MAC reference).

Here are the colors I chose for my contour kit:

10k (highlight which I probably wont use, but I couldnt figure out another color)
Cinnamon (blend contour under the line)
Espresso (contour cheek)
Golden Peach (color correcting concealer setting)
Macchiato (says highlighter when I received it, but I will use it as a blending tool)
Peaches and Cream (set concealer)

These colors work so well for me! Especially the Peaches and Cream to set my concealer, I was using the Ben Nye Banana Powder but I LOVE how this makes me look absolutely flawless and airbrushed!

I will definitely purchase more! If you dont like the original kit I would advise you to look at the color wheel and find colors that would match your tone and the colors that work well for your skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Lopez2214

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Loved the bronze and some of the white color. But I'm so pale you can't notice much.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I ordered this off the anastasia site, $40 free shipping to Hawaii.

I bought it because I was interested in the banana and middle brown contour shade. In my opinion, I think this product is too hyped up.

I'm about an nc30-35 right now and I found the contouring shades to be either too red or too orange. The middle brown shade is nice but it barely shows on my skintone.

I normally set my under eye concealer with Laura mercier's secret camouflage powder, which is my HG. The banana shade in the kit creases. Even after purchasing this contour kit, I realize that I still grab for my regular products that I've used before.

The palette is in a cardboard box, which is ridiculous!!!! At least put it in a sturdier palette plus there's no mirror in the palette, which sucks because the size would've been perfect.

I am a fan of Anastasia's brow products but I wouldn't repurchase this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2014 7:26:00 AM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm definitely in the minority here, but I wasn't thrilled about this product. I had to order it online without swatching it on myself because I couldn't find the kit anywhere, let alone a tester.
I'm very pale (think Bobbi Brown Alabaster), with a pretty neutral skin tone that leans cool. I can't use things like Benefit Hula bronzer or Too Faced Chocolate Soleil bronzer for contouring because they pull orange on me. From the Anastasia kit "Java" and "Fawn" worked pretty well for me, but "Havana" was way too dark and pulled orange.
As for the highlighters, this is where I was highly disappointed. They were basically useless on my skin because they didn't show up at all. "Banana" was not good at all for me, but I understand how it would be useful for people with warm skin. "Vanilla" was ridiculous. It was a much better color match but not nearly as light as I felt it should've been. The only shimmery shade "Sand" was the only highlighter I really went for and I prefer my many other shimmery highlighters.
I ended up mailing it back, which was sad.
I'm giving it three stars because I don't think the issue was as much pigmentation as it was ill-fitted for me personally. I think it's a great idea to have everything in one kit, but the pale people need a matte highlight as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by IridessaS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite products to use for contouring. I love how it shows on my medium dark skin! And the banana color is great for highlighting under the eye!! Just look at all the contouring-highlighting video tutorials on YouTube that use this product.
I find the price quite good, since you get 6 shades. I've also used some as eyeshadows and they work well! On days when I wear minimum makeup, I use the middle dark shade lightly for contouring and I also sweep it in the crease, mascara, brows and I'm good to go!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 1:12:00 PM More reviews by midgetasian93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love everything Anastasia, but this is my favourite product. I've watched all the makeup tutorials on Youtube and used all the suggested products there are for contouring, but for some reason or another they did not last or when they went on patchy. So when I saw everyone raving about this I was excited, but not hopeful. But as soon as I put it on my face I fell in love. It is so pigmented, the colour is rich, it doesn't have an orange undertone some products have, and it just worked for me. Friends and family have asked if I've lost weight, because my face looks so much slimmer - little do they know. This product is worth every dollar.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by margomiller

This palette is so beautifully designed especially for the price. The 3 contour shades are the most pigmented things I have seen in my life and are AMAZING!! Unfortunately I am not impressed with the 3 highlight shades. They barely show! But this product still deserves 5 lippies for these beautiful contour shades.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2014 6:24:00 PM More reviews by NatachaXoxo

I love the idea of having this contour palette. Six colours easily accessible in one palette. The pigmentation is pretty good. The contour colours aren't muddy which is another plus. The banana powder however isn't my fave! I prefer to use Ben Nye's because I find it more pigmented, less ashy on darker complexions and Anastasia's Banana powder creases under my eyes. The Sand colour is very pretty but pretty much identical to Mac's Soft and Gentle MSF... I recommend this because it is good and the price is great for 6 colours in a cute highlight and contour palette!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by ccguidry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This palette is amazing, it makes contouring fast and simple with natural results. The colors are nicely pigmented and match a wide range of colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2014 6:26:00 PM More reviews by lalalovee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i actually do like this palette. i wish it had a little more pigmentation but overall i like it