Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Contour Kit

3.6

on 6/27/2015 3:46:00 AM

Not worth the hype :( despite successfully hiding my pores with a well formulated primer, vanilla and banana emphasizes every single pore I have around my nose and badly crease under my eyes where it's supposed to highlight and give a luminous look, sad it caked! The highlight is useless! Can't even use it to highlight my brow bone. As for the contour color in the middle it got coated over and It hardly show and pigmentation when used! Luckily I'm tanned and I can make good use of the other 2 colors but again wasting 40 bucks on two bronzers is too much while my NYX bronzer could have done the same job of much less!
Disappointed and won't purchase again :(

on 6/22/2015 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

i'm very fair with pink undertones. i have this in light-medium.

this palette is the only contouring product i own, and the only one i need. i use it nearly every day. the powder is not overly pigmented which is great because when i'm contouring, less is more. if you accidentally apply too heavily, it's easy to blend. the contour colours don't look odd on my skin tone and the highlights are great for the cheekbones and nose.

overall, i'm so happy i bought this, even though it's expensive, and i'd buy it again.

on 6/20/2015 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Overhyped on YouTube and Instagram. Poor customer service. Product is fine, but not worth the price tag. Will not repurchase

on 6/15/2015 9:21:00 PM

I was so excited to get my hands on this product to be disappointed at the fact that it's not as pigmented as I expected. It was more of a bronzer for me to be honest. It came in a nice package with instructions on how to contour for different faces as I thought that was pretty neat especially for beginners.

on 6/15/2015 11:41:00 AM

I was really surprised to see this didn't have a higher rating with the reviews..i really like it my contour comes out sooo nice with this. Before this i was using NYX taupe blush and that was good but i really wanted a contour kit...a nice one... I had the coastal scents and bh cosmestics contour palette and whoa! Those did not work at all for me not in the least bit...My contour looked like straight poop stains on my face and they did not want to blend at all...so i gave them away used my taupe blush and loved that and then finally gave into this and i couldnt be happier...i got the light to medium kit...it has sand vanilla and banana for highlighters and java fawn and Havana for contouring..i use fawn for my contour and java for a bronzer if i really wanna amp things u..Havana is too dark and warm for me..for the highlighters vanilla does nothing for me bc im to pale but it does set my undereye area really nice if im just throwing on quick makeup...the banana shade is really nice for my under eyes but i have to apply it lightly or it can get a bit scary...and sand just gives me the tinest amount of a shimmer highlight which i like bc i dont want to look like a disco ball all the time...when i run out of the colors i am going to go on the site and order my own colors so i can use the whole palette...but overall i love this its very pigmented blendable and you can sheer it out or build up the color to your liking..

on 6/5/2015 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

blends so nicely if you kno how to do it !! now my contour on fleeeek

on 5/31/2015 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Could be more pigmented, blends well for me though. Not a huge fan of the shimmer in the top right highlight shade. Will probably search for a different contour product.

on 5/30/2015 9:29:00 PM

I am a MAC NC15 with combination skin. I have had this pallet for a few months but I find myself still pulling different single pieces to complete my face looks instead of this pallet.

PROS:
- The packaging is great. The pallet has already travelled quite a distance and you can see some drama to the cardboard but the powders are perfectly intact.

PRO & CON:
- The range of shades in the pallet are good. I find I can use all of the powders in the range; although, Havana and Java require a light touch which maybe why I find myself reaching more often for easier to use bronzers.

I think this pallet is fantastic but it does take some getting use to. I think this isn't necessarily for the novice or someone who likes to pull a look together quickly. I am sure the contour kit will find its place in makeup addict history beside the Makeup Forever Flash Colour Pallet.

on 5/28/2015 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I must say it does have good pigmentation,

on 5/28/2015 12:57:00 PM

I know I have tons of shadows and highlighters and bronzers that I can contour with, BUT I was in the market for a palette. Looked and read reviews to pick the one that I wanted to try, choose this one. I do have a warm skin tone which was one of the factors. I Love these colors, the cheek contour is warm but not orange, goes perfectly with my skin tone, the contour for my nose -- not too gray, perfect.

I was concerned with other reviews that the colors were not pigmented enough, not soo -- perfect, and can be built up. I don't need to do that there is enough color for me to use on the first swish of the brush, the yellow highlighter I thought didn't show up enough until I saw my whole face when I was finished, it was perfect, if I need to highlight more (for some fancy make up ) I have plenty other products I can use them for... Was the perfect purchase for me....

Popular Palettes