January 27, 2015 | 1991 users online

Palettes - Anastasia Of Beverly Hills - Contour Kit

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2015 2:36:00 PM More reviews by danielle5820

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had to get this after all the MUA hype and I love all her products anyway. So I went out and bought new brushes especially! Well.. It's nothing great. Most girls who use it on YouTube only use 3 colours.. Of which I already have in Nars bronzers, becca highlighters and mac products! It's just not worth the money for me, especially as I like a dewy finish. On the bright side you can get good money on eBay for them!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2015 11:18:00 PM More reviews by amary18

For reference, I am NC42 in MAC Studio Fix Fluid. The colors in the original palette barely showed up on my tanned skin, so I waited for the Medium-Dark release. I purchased online from Sephora and was excited initially to receive it given all the instagram hype.

My thoughts:
-The pans are small; and to be honest, I only use two-three of the colors of the six.
-The colors are pigmented; and are blendable to build up.
-It's expensive; don't know how long it will last since I just got it, but I have been using the two/three pans in the palette EVERYDAY since.

I will not be repurchasing. I prefer to get more bang for my buck with one/two colors from other brands (e.g. MAC's blush in Blunt; two-faced bronzers; and BECCA Opal to highlight).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2015 2:47:00 PM More reviews by princessmeowmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

NC15 beige-toned, dry skin here.
Some of the colours are very nice, others look scaly (the shimmery illuminating one), while others are TOO dark and I can't use them at all. The powders last all day though and I haven't garnered an allergic reaction from these powders unlike other reviewers. Would not recommend in particular, especially with the steep price.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2015 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Amanda0511

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ugh I'm so disappointed with this product. I can't believe I wasted so much time and energy trying to track this down months ago. My local Sephora had this is stock so I grabbed it and ran right home to wash my face and play. First off the packaging doesn't really bother me as the magnectic closer seemed to work good. I actually like the highlight Sand as I prefer a softer highlight for everyday, but Vanilla and Banana did not show up on me and they are not very pigmented to begin with. I had to really build up banana and I would never leave yet house with that much powder under my eyes. Java and Fawn were smooth and pigment Havana was to orange for my skin tone. I would purchase Java and Fawn in singles, but just liking two out of the six's shades does not justify $40. I went right back to Sephora and returned it. I already own Mac Pro shaping powders and sculpting powders that I adore and for I would rather spend the extra $7. for almost double the product.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2015 11:58:00 PM More reviews by elliex0x0x

FIRST OFF for everyone who can't get it in a real life store, Beauty Bay will charge $80 for it but their actual website will let you either buy this one or select your own shades and get it delivered (to Australia in my case) for only $69! I unfortunately made the mistake of buying it off Beauty Bay without checking first. Anyway I'm a white person but I'm pretty tanned, people often ask whether I am half Asian or African etc. Also I've been extremely yellow my entire life, as soon as I was born they tested me for jaundice because I was so yellow. Anyway, the vanilla and sand shades are barely even pigmented, they won't show up on my skin at all and they are very pink. The banana shade will do a very subtle job at highlighting but will mostly just blend in to my skin unless I put on a whole heap. Java definitely is pinkish brown and havana is just a straight brown, neither of these shades have a grey undertone as a shadow is supposed to be, and they are way too dark. Putting them on my forehead or jaw line makes it looks as though I have a severe facial hair problem. Fawn definitely is the one I use to contour as it's more grey than the other shades. I'd recommend that anyone thinking of purchasing this palette just go on to their website where they even have subcategories with suggested shades to choose from depending on your skin tone. With only 2 shades I actually use in this palette I will definitely make my own and get it delivered next time.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2015 1:34:00 PM More reviews by iheartmakeup93

broke me out:( im hoping im able to return it cause i really dont want $40 to go into the trash:/

i didnt really like the brozer shade..too orangy and the colo on the opposite side didnt even work...it wouldnt even swatch..
i was dissappointed :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2015 6:32:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off, I am MAC NC20 and MUFE 117. This palette is not made for light skin tones (at least not the pre made one). Vanilla blends into my skin, so you can't even see it, Banana looks like obvious yellow powder on my face, Sand is pretty, but it's very subtle, Java is too dark, Fawn is a good contouring powder, but I just wish it had more of a grey under tone since shadows are not brown, but it's an ok option, and Havana is way too warm but would work well as a bronzer for some skin tones. Overall, I think this palette would only work for medium skin tones, because it doesn't work for mine, and I don't think it's dark enough for dark skin. Even though I would probably use Fawn, it's not worth the money for just one pan, so I returned it. I would rather pay $17 for a pan of MAC Sculpt than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2015 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Athenia

Awesome palette ! I have pretty tan skin and nothing ever shows up except for this! The powder is so finely milled and sits on my face perfectly ! Makes my skin glow. It's a little pricey but totally worth it !

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't really need a contour palette, but I had a gift certificate for Ulta. I have gotten to the point where I have hard time finding new makeup that I have to have. I have so much and a lot of the stuff is HG. I saw some eyeshadow palettes that interested me, but seriously I have so much eyeshadow that individually I could probably dupe every shadow palette out there. I don't believe in uber expensive skin care and I'm too poor to change that opinion...so I was left with a giftcard and no real idea of what to buy. So when I came acrossed this I thought I would pick it up more to check it out for a friend that had been asking me about good contour palettes. I went to a beauty and film makeup program a few years ago and this reminded me of the kits that my school sold. The kits my school sold (MUD) were good, but the pots were very small. This had nice decent sized pots and had all the basics a light-medium colored gal/guy would need. It has the nice banana color to highlight areas like the brow bone, matte and shimmery highlight colors and grey-brown contour color. It has what I consider to be two bronzers, as well. Essentially this palettes is made to brighten, contour, highlight and bronze. I think it is unfortunate that Anatastia only released this one size fits all palette, when they have a more extensive collection online, because this palette does not fit all. As I mentioned before this palette is really suited for fair-medium tones guys/gals. I don't imagine the contour color would do much for someone of a darker skin tone. That always bums me out when a company doesn't at least release a fair, medium, dark color range to the store. The product is good, but if the colors don't suit a wider range of people then the benefit of the product goes unnoticed.

As far the product goes I enjoy it and I have recommended it to fair-medium skin toned gals. The colors are nice and smooth. They allow you to build the color up. They are pigmented, but not overly so. They are going to help you create a natural look, not so much an over the top face. I think if you are someone that really likes a deep contour and bright highlight there are other products out there for you. This one you can skip because you will not be happy with it. I think with everything you have to consider what look you are going for. Some of us can handle more makeup and others cannot. I think this is for the guys/gals that what too enhance their own natural features and still look natural. Nothing wrong with being over the top I just know I can't personally get away with that look....and believe me it makes me sad. :(

I think my only real complaint about this product is the packaging. I hate cardboard packaging. I know it is more earth friendly and I am going to sound like an evil mad-woman, but I hate it. It doesn't hold us and it you break of lose the slip cover for the palette then you better baby the palette. I am not a graceful woman so I wish this was sturdier. It looks nice. It just isn't my style.

I think the price of the palette is fair for what you get and I like that you can refill the palette. I just wonder how long that flimsy palette will last.

Other than that little thing I like this product and I'd recommend it to fair-medium toned individuals who are looking for a naturally enhanced look. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2014 3:35:00 PM More reviews by fairplaytoyou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this palette to try it out. The contours were pretty good but I prefer to use the contour from 17's duo (I would recommend these, really inexpensive and so good). I do however, love these highlighters especially banana because its so complimenting on my skin tone. I've almost finished the banana pot/bit now, sadly. I don't think I'll be repurchasing this because I quite simply only use the banana highlight BUT I like that there's a option to 'Build Your Own' palette for $40 so I might just have to buy six of banana for that price.