Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Contour Kit

3.9

on 2/25/2015 9:13:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I tried several different contour kits and things and this is my favorite. The price is really good for six different shades any of which can be purchased individually to refill this palette. I find that I use just about every color in here. I use the two bottom left ones to contour, The top right one for a highlight and set my undereye with either of the other two on the top row. I have used the bottom right one as a bronzer but it's not exactly the best color bronzer for me so I probably won't use it again. The only problem I have with this pallete was that somehow one of the colors got coated over and really hard and I had to scrape it off in order to use it again. That has never happened to me before and I'm not sure how it happened but just be advised that it may happen to you. Otherwise I find it perfect for me and my needs:-)

on 2/23/2015 11:48:00 PM

I enjoy this contour palette quite a bit, but to be honest I only really use 2 out of the 6. I mainly use the 2 contour colours, and the last one I use to contour my nose so I've barely touched it and I also don't contour my nose everyday. I use one of the highlighters sometimes, but I have better highlighters in my personal collection. I'd say that the contour colours in the palette are very good. Good colour, great formula, easy to blend on your face. I'd probably just repurchase the separate pans of the colours I do like and just keep using that. I'd say it's a good value, for around ~$60 you get 6 colours to try and I did fall in love with 2 of the contour colours!

The packaging does bother me a little because I feel like it's always dirty (think of NARS packaging, and it's the same idea). I feel like the palette should also have a mirror.

on 2/11/2015 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Obsessed!! Love this contour kit a lot!

I was bought this product as a gift from my boyfriend. I wanted it for so so long that when he bought it me I was ecstatic! as I live in the UK it's quite expensive for the shipping but the product is really worth it! I have pale skin and I was unsure whether the shades would be pale enough for me. It comes with 6 shades 3 highlight and 3 contour. There is 1 cool toned shade and 2 warm toned. I tend to use the more cool toned grey colour for my contour shade and it's perfect!! It provides a really nice shadow for the cheek bones and finishes the makeup off perfectly. The highlight shades are really nice, I love banana it is so finely milled for the under eye setting powder. Overall a really great product but now the drugstores have stepped up their game and I really think you could get a great product for cheaper. If money is no object on the matter I would definitely go for this kit.

on 2/3/2015 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Took me a while so make the jump into actually purchasing this after eyeing it up online since it's release. I'm very pale, often the lightest shade in foundation unless I've tanned (Think NARS Siberia/NW10) so I find it very hard to find any bronzer/contour shades that don't make my face look muddy and just messy, so I was keen to try this and see what it's like and I must say I'm very impressed.
The colour Fawn is a gorgeous almost grey-brown so I feel like it creates an amazing shadow, the colour Java is reminiscent of my NARS Laguna and I feel like it warms the complexion beautifully and the darker bronzer works great for me if I've got fake tan on. I also love the light powder that the palette comes with as a finishing power as it's pretty light so it matches my pale skin, the banana powder is just a nice addition and I ADORE the highlight shade!
Overall, I'm VERY impressed with this palette because it's rare that I actually like all the shades in the palette, also I like the idea that you can purchase inserts for the palette and replace the ones you've used - I had a look on the ABH website and they have some lovely shades on their too that I'd like to try once I've used up some of these. The formulations are creamy and blend amazingly and just create a very natural shadow - I honestly could not recommend this palette more, especially if you're pale like me!

on 1/29/2015 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased the ABH contour kit in the shade medium, I must say it does have good pigmentation, but it is expensive and highly overrated, not worth the hype.

on 1/28/2015 12:32:00 AM

I'm on the fence with this one. I like the kit and I know that new shades have been released but I have yet to try any of them. I wear NC25 and I mainly use the banana shade (I have basically used all of it), and the first contour shade on the bottom. The middle contour looks too muddy and gray on me and the other is too orange. The light pink highlight shade is nice as an eyeshadow or brow bone shade and I do use the shimmery highlight on my cheekbones. It was a steep price tag considering I don't use all of the shades. I will most likely purchase a single of the banana and I am curious about the new shades.

on 1/23/2015 2:36:00 PM

I had to get this after all the MUA hype and I love all her products anyway. So I went out and bought new brushes especially! Well.. It's nothing great. Most girls who use it on YouTube only use 3 colours.. Of which I already have in Nars bronzers, becca highlighters and mac products! It's just not worth the money for me, especially as I like a dewy finish. On the bright side you can get good money on eBay for them!

on 1/21/2015 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

For reference, I am NC42 in MAC Studio Fix Fluid. The colors in the original palette barely showed up on my tanned skin, so I waited for the Medium-Dark release. I purchased online from Sephora and was excited initially to receive it given all the instagram hype.

My thoughts:
-The pans are small; and to be honest, I only use two-three of the colors of the six.
-The colors are pigmented; and are blendable to build up.
-It's expensive; don't know how long it will last since I just got it, but I have been using the two/three pans in the palette EVERYDAY since.

I will not be repurchasing. I prefer to get more bang for my buck with one/two colors from other brands (e.g. MAC's blush in Blunt; two-faced bronzers; and BECCA Opal to highlight).

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

NC15 beige-toned, dry skin here.
Some of the colours are very nice, others look scaly (the shimmery illuminating one), while others are TOO dark and I can't use them at all. The powders last all day though and I haven't garnered an allergic reaction from these powders unlike other reviewers. Would not recommend in particular, especially with the steep price.

Popular Palettes