December 18, 2014 | 973 users online

Top/Base Coats - Sally Hansen - Triple Shine Top Coat

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by j1llyp00f

Pros-keeps nails shiny, dries fast, great brush. Cons-hard to remove, chips easily. It claims to protect against water, but it chipped the day after I put it on. Although it does keep the shine in chlorine water. It is a good topcoat, but not the best. I recommend it during summer for shine, but not to protect against chipping

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2014 6:56:00 PM More reviews by adrenirushxaudri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wouldn't normally write out a review for a simple top-coat; they're normally not a "miss" but this one certainly is. I had a friend run out and pick up a top-coat for me and this is the one she picked. I'm now questioning our friendship. Kidding! But this is seriously the worst stuff I think I've ever put over newly polished nails. The first half of the bottle is just ok. It's a top coat. It went on clear, no bubbles or otherwise and kept my nails shiny. The immediate second half is a total mess. I just now tried to use it over my color to revive it a bit and almost overnight, it turned into a thick, goopy, and oh-so-ungodly stringy mess. Never have I had so much of an issue with top coat. Not to mention, it picks up color from whatever you're painting over and tints the entire bottle. Bummer. This is likely just for my reference. If you run through top coat quickly, this wouldn't hurt to try, but for me, it is a total never-buy-again product. Wet N' Wild's cheaper top coats are much better.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2014 8:31:00 AM More reviews by kayparisfilm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like how this looks on the nails and how quickly it dries. However, I had a hell of a time trying to remove it. It went all gloppy and sticky and wouldn't budge without ALOT of rubbing. Maybe it was the combo with my base coat (orly bonder rubberized base coat) but I've used that for a while and never had any issues. Also, my nails still showed pretty bad tip wear after 2 or 3 days, so not super at protecting the polish underneath. For me it's a pass, but maybe it'll work for you?

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2014 9:32:00 AM More reviews by kellybethga

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

This polish does last a long time and is shiny. However, I had problems with application. The "stem" from the brush to the top/handle (for lack of a better word) is very large. It's hard to wipe the excess polish off when removing the brush from the bottle - I either ended up with too little polish on the brush or polish dripping down into a puddle on my nail. Also, I did a pedicure, and I thought the brush was too wide. I like more precision in the brush. I do have really small toes.

This could all be user error and I'm just not used to this kind of applicator, but I spent over $15 on three bottles of this (color, glitter, and top coat) and I'm not happy so I figured I should at least issue a warning. Maybe you'll have better luck than me!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by lindi828

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been doing my nails for many years. I always wear a good base coat, 2 coats & a top coat/quick dry. I try & do my nails every 2 weeks. Most of the time they start to look a bit scraggly. I clean homes for my job so my hands take a beating even though I wear gloves. I decided to try this. WOW My nails still had shine and looked like I just did them. It's been a week and I did 3 homes, cooked, cleaned at home and they still look fresh. an Amazing product. I used the same base coat, same polish, same quick dry to coat and the put the Sally Hansen over. What a difference! Go try it!