August 1, 2014 | 1832 users online

Hair - Alterna - Caviar Anti-Aging 3 Minute Shine Boost

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

Have you ever tried a sample of a product, loved the results so much that you bought the full-size, and then found it to be so disappointing that you couldn't believe it was the same product? That's what happened to me with this.
I paid $26 for a tube of Alterna nothing.
Won't make that mistake again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2014 3:47:00 PM More reviews by lizzchan12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I agree with the previous post. This product barely provides any results it promises. I'm very disappointed because I've had good experiences with Alterna products before, and I saw this on display as a new product at Ulta so I gave it a shot. Not including taxes, I paid around $26 USD for this. Probably the biggest rip-off of my life. If I could give this product a rating of zero, I would. The only positive things I have to say about this product are it does add some softness and doesn't weigh my fine hair down, but considering the ridiculous price and the claim of being a shine booster, this product should provide way more and live up to its claims. Also, the packaging is stylish and cute, easy to use, and doesn't take up too much space in the shower. Unfortunately, I lost my receipt, so I will use this up during the winter months when my hair is a little dryer and more frizzy. Save your time and money and avoid frustration with this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 8:42:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

This product was recommended to me because I wanted to add shine to my hair. This product should be used after shampooing and conditioning, apply this product and let it soak into your hair for about 3 to 5 minutes, after which you rinse out the hair. I did exactly that and this product was terrible. It did not provide any shine whatsoever. The SA had given me a really generous sample of this product to try and at first I thought it wasn't enough then i added the whole sample at once and left it on for 3 minutes, and NADA! No shine at all. Also, it was hard to get the product evenly distributed into my long hair because there was no slip at all. The product is a thick white cream which has a faint smell that i'm indifferent to. Nothing to rave about. Glad I didn't buy this product. Btw, it's supposed to give you instant results, go figure! I'll return to my John Freida Brilliant Brunnette Gloss which is a million times better than this.