April 23, 2014 | 1953 users online

Lipstick - Kanebo - LASTING LIP COLOUR LL 07 Toffee

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 5:46:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

I bought this because it was on sale. I have light cool yellow/olive skin tone. I have always had difficulties with lipstick - it just very rarely looks good on me, and I think it's because of my skin tone: it i hard to find something for such yellow skin. I was for a long time looking for a colour that looked like my natural lip colour, just a little darker - it's great to have for freshening up you whole look if you feel tired and dull.
I figured out very fast that nothing cool-toned worked for me - it made me look unhealthy and looked grey-ish compared to my skin. Pinks stand out a not and look almost neon on me. Reds of many sort works, but need to be applied very carefully, so they won't actually look red. After some time, I figured out that my natural lip colour can be classified as coral. I guessed pinky-orange should work for me, but... those two colours together looked like I had gotten herpes - badbadbad look! So I concluded an orange or brown colour might work for me. The thing is... browns often look really old fashioned. I once tried Bobbi Brown's Treatment Lip Shine in Brownie Nude, which I thoughthould look right one me, but it didn't, no matter how lightly I applied. So I just gave up on browns. And oranges, they can sometimes be too orange... Then I bought this - just because it was on sale. I didn't believe it would work for me, but it did. I don't apply it full on, but rather blot it on an blend out, and it looks like my own lip colour, but better :) The colour itsef is a coppery, brown-orange. There is nothing pink to it. I honestly don't know if it would look good on other people or not, bt I'm pretty sure it should work on red-heads for a natural look :)
Another lipstick that fits me is Dubai Essential Lip Color from Cargo