October 24, 2014 | 1341 users online

Conditioner - Organix - Sea Mineral Conditioner

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by sparklek

I love a lot of the Organix conditioners, but this one just didn't make the cake for me. My hair is thick and damaged, so I need a very moisturizing and healing conditioner. It seems like the Organix conditioners that are thinner in consistency, like this one or Argan Oil Cremé cannot deliver enough moisture for me. The smell is nice and beachy though, which is why this gets a three for me. If you have thick hair, I would recommend the Argan Oil Conditioner :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 1:57:00 AM More reviews by Chiquitica55

Amazing !!!! I love the shampoo , hydrating mist and moisture surge treatment as well from this entire sea mineral line!! I've tried other products from Organix in the past and EW everything I have tried was horrible and dried out my hair ... But this line??!! This is completely different and amazing ! Hydrates my hair like NEVER before ! I will repurchase definitely !!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 12:12:00 PM More reviews by KimberlyM11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love it! I use it with the shampoo.

THE SMELL IS DELICIOUS!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by jenglund

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is probably the only OGX shampoo with good reviews anywhere. I tried it because of the rave reviews, because I love love OGX Moroccan Argan Curling Cream for styling my somewhat wavy, oily scalp/dry ends hair, and because I got it on sale at Walgreens for $6. I was especially intrigued by one reviewer noting it helped her itchy, irritated scalp.

The first night I used it, I really liked it. The smell is odd, like a muffled beach salt smell. I like the smell of their Argan and Biotin line better. But it was a good middle ground between moisturizing and clarifying shampoos. My hair felt soft and not weighed down when it dried (though Nexxus Keraphix conditioner may have more to do with that). It wasn't squeaky, dry clean like the (irritating) Tea Tree shampoo from OGX. It was nice.

However, after 2-3 uses, I noticed my scalp acne or painful bumps coming back. I have three cyst like, inflamed, painful bumps on the left side of my scalp, and the rest of my scalp itches.

This has glycol distearate, the ingredient that makes shampoos pearlescent. That's been said to cause acne and irritation in many people. Same for algae extract, which (though I take these ratings with a large grain if salt) ranks 5/5 on comedogenicity rating scales. I'm not sure which ingredient, or combination thereof, is responsible, but I'll have to take this back. I have also noticed a bit more breakage, which to be fair may be from my weekly Suave clarifying shampoo, but it's too much to risk it. Dang, their styling products are pretty good, but I've had no luck with their shampoos.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by GidgetAH

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I get dandruff - so I have a difficult time finding hair care that moisturizes my very long, very thick hair, without weighing it down and contributing to my dandruff.. This line does just that! It Leaves my hair soft, ridiculously shiny, light and bouncy, and plays up the subtle wave in my hair! Best of all, I'm not getting dandruff. Scent is subjective, but I personally love the beachy smell, and think it is a nice alternative to strong floral, perfume and citrus scents.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2014 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Lydia07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't think this is the conditioner that will become my usual conditioner but it is my favorite from the Organix line so far. I like how the conditioner works. Its rich and leaves my hair shiny yet not weighed down. My issues with it are the smell and the packaging. The scent smells good on first whiff but it is a heavy scent that lingers. By the end of the night it was making me slightly sick. The bottle is another issue. Its very cute but because this conditioner is so thick the thick plastic bottle makes it very difficult once the bottle is half empty to get any out. I really need both hands to squeeze it and that doesn't work when I have to squeeze the product into one hand. Overall a good product though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 3:42:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My local Walgreens was having a BOGO sale on Organix and I saw that this was new. I loved the light teal colored bottle and I noticed that this has a pretty high glycerine level so it would be perfect for me to use in the summer. The smell is not my favorite though. It has a very generic lime-like smell and it lingers. The good thing is that this gives good slip and shine. The sea kelp and sea mineral extracts are in the middle of the ingredient list and I think it did a pretty good job of moisturizing my hair. I have yet to try the Kukui conditioner to see if I like that one better. It does give a bit of weight to my hair without pulling my curls as much, although I am not sure how it performs with the matching shampoo. Organix has surprisingly worked well for my hair in the past so I would say if you do well in general with the line, it wouldn't hurt to try it out. I will have to update on its performance in the summer to see how well it holds up for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No