Organix Sea Mineral Conditioner

on 8/8/2015 3:48:00 AM

Bought this with the Sea Mineral Moisture shampoo and deep conditioner, and used all 3 products up within 2 months of purchasing. The products from this line smell incredible like mixed alcoholic drinks, and they do leave my hair feeling soft, touchable, and with just enough volume and control. My hair won't oil up until I go a 2nd day in a row without washing my hair.

However, with this conditioner specifically, it would take literally a handful of conditioner to get my hair to feel soft and actually conditioned. And even then, this did not yield its promise of taming split-ends--an unusually huge problem I had out of nowhere, just prior to purchasing this system. Sure, this calls for a trim, but after that I'll be trying a different conditioner.

Also, if I were to ever repurchase a conditioner from this line again--and simply because it takes a lot of product to get results from any Organix hair care line, in my experience--I would skip this conditioner and just get 2 tubes of the deep conditioner, which actually has almost exactly the same ingredient list as the regular conditioner except for maybe 4 things, and it's only 8oz of product I think. It yields much softer hair.. but split ends are still rampant. Such a disappointment, Organix... yet again.

on 4/2/2015 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this conditioner! It leaves my hair soft and full. I adore the scent too. I have fine, straight, thick, waist length hair.

on 2/5/2015 3:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I have used the Shampoo and Conditioner for awhile now and even on my second set.

The smell is interesting. It has a very fresh and clean type of scent that will remind you of ocean but without the salt. I can't exactly describe it but I really do like it.

The shampoo definitely cleanses my scalp and every strand but the conditioner does not de-frizz my hair enough. When I flat iron it after using these products, it's smooth with no frizz, but naturally my dry ends will float away from my head giving that weird teased look, as if I don't know how to brush my hair. If you have damaged hair or split ends, try doing two conditioning sessions and let it sit a while and definitely invest in some oil treatment.

I use Moroccan Oil- Light treatment. http://www.moroccanoil.com/usa/h_us_en/moroccanoil-treatment-light.

I am blonde with color treated parts in my hair. My hair is very thin and damages super easy. This conditioner definitely moisturizes without weighing down my hair or making it look greasy. The smells is a little strong and earthy which is my only drawback for this product.

on 11/22/2014 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this conditioner! It has a rich texture, but doesn't make hair heavy since it rinses clean (definitely adds moisture, but no waxy feel). My hair feels like silk and I love anything that smells like the beach. The claim on the bottle that it gives hair "swish-like movement and super soft shine" is spot on. Perfect conditioner for my wavy hair.

on 8/3/2014 10:17:00 PM

I love a lot of the Organix conditioners, but this one just didn't make the cake for me. My hair is thick and damaged, so I need a very moisturizing and healing conditioner. It seems like the Organix conditioners that are thinner in consistency, like this one or Argan Oil Cremé cannot deliver enough moisture for me. The smell is nice and beachy though, which is why this gets a three for me. If you have thick hair, I would recommend the Argan Oil Conditioner :)

on 7/28/2014 1:57:00 AM

Amazing !!!! I love the shampoo , hydrating mist and moisture surge treatment as well from this entire sea mineral line!! I've tried other products from Organix in the past and EW everything I have tried was horrible and dried out my hair ... But this line??!! This is completely different and amazing ! Hydrates my hair like NEVER before ! I will repurchase definitely !!

on 7/18/2014 12:12:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Love it! I use it with the shampoo.

THE SMELL IS DELICIOUS!

on 6/5/2014 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is probably the only OGX shampoo with good reviews anywhere. I tried it because of the rave reviews, because I love love OGX Moroccan Argan Curling Cream for styling my somewhat wavy, oily scalp/dry ends hair, and because I got it on sale at Walgreens for $6. I was especially intrigued by one reviewer noting it helped her itchy, irritated scalp.

The first night I used it, I really liked it. The smell is odd, like a muffled beach salt smell. I like the smell of their Argan and Biotin line better. But it was a good middle ground between moisturizing and clarifying shampoos. My hair felt soft and not weighed down when it dried (though Nexxus Keraphix conditioner may have more to do with that). It wasn't squeaky, dry clean like the (irritating) Tea Tree shampoo from OGX. It was nice.

However, after 2-3 uses, I noticed my scalp acne or painful bumps coming back. I have three cyst like, inflamed, painful bumps on the left side of my scalp, and the rest of my scalp itches.

This has glycol distearate, the ingredient that makes shampoos pearlescent. That's been said to cause acne and irritation in many people. Same for algae extract, which (though I take these ratings with a large grain if salt) ranks 5/5 on comedogenicity rating scales. I'm not sure which ingredient, or combination thereof, is responsible, but I'll have to take this back. I have also noticed a bit more breakage, which to be fair may be from my weekly Suave clarifying shampoo, but it's too much to risk it. Dang, their styling products are pretty good, but I've had no luck with their shampoos.

on 4/7/2014 12:21:00 PM

I get dandruff - so I have a difficult time finding hair care that moisturizes my very long, very thick hair, without weighing it down and contributing to my dandruff.. This line does just that! It Leaves my hair soft, ridiculously shiny, light and bouncy, and plays up the subtle wave in my hair! Best of all, I'm not getting dandruff. Scent is subjective, but I personally love the beachy smell, and think it is a nice alternative to strong floral, perfume and citrus scents.

Top Rated Organix Products