July 31, 2014 | 1322 users online

Moisturizers - Olay - olay fresh effects dew over hydrating gel moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by nanciixd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the first moisturizer I've used that has not clogged my pores. I'm not crazy about the packaging because it's messy and also the pricing is a bit steep for a drugstore brand. However, I'll probably keep using this as it helps keep my skin healthy and hydrated without breaking me out.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by ricebear17

This product has a wonderful smell, it's hydrating and works great on oily to combination skin. It gives you a natural dewy finish. It's a bit pricey for a drugstore moisturizer, but it's worth the
cost because you only need a little bit for your entire face.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 5:50:00 AM More reviews by nemesis41

This moisturizer has a beautiful floral fragrance. The fragrance is quite strong (which is something I love in facial care products, but I know that's not true for everyone). This is the first time that I've used a gel moisturizer. In the jar it looks more or less like a cream, but it definitely feels unique when going on. It sinks into the skin very easily. One of the main differences between this moisturizer and a standard cream is that this dries very quickly. There's no real waiting for it to sink in. Skin feels absolutely dry to the touch shortly after applying. This is certainly a benefit for those who wish to use it under makeup. I found that once the moisturizer had dried my skin felt somewhat tight, rather than soft. I have been using this moisturizer at night, and in the morning there's really no difference in my skin. With most moisturizers I put on before bed I wake up with my skin feeling noticeably soft. That's not the case here. When all is said and done, I'm not really seeing benefits from this moisturizer, and I will likely return to what I was using before.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by cgarretson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was religiously dedicated to Philosophy's Take A Deep Breath gel moisturizer before I found this. It's hydrating without making your skin feel oily, lightweight, and you cannot beat the price or smell. Please don't discontinue!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2014 5:04:00 AM More reviews by mimochi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this product after I ran out of the Garnier Moisture Rescue Fresh which has a gel consistency. (Which, that product was alright, didn't break me out but didn't improve my skin either.) I bought this because I thought it would be similar to Garnier's.

First of all, this Olay moisturizer has fragrance in it, which makes it a living nightmare for people with sensitive and/or acne-prone skin. And it's not a necessary ingredient. After the first night of putting it on, I broke out. When I cleansed the next morning, I could actually feel the slimy residue come off my face when I wet it down. Gross. Not only did I get tiny whiteheads everywhere, but I broke out in milia under my eyes too. So frustrating.

Plus the packaging is unhygienic unless you plan on washing your hands well every time you dip in the jar.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by scooterj

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i wont review skin care products until ive used them for at LEAST a month - this began so lovely, lightly moisturizing and no slime or stickiness. ive always had oily skin, prone to breakout by moisturizers, especially spf's. its only been within the past few years my skin has NEEDED extra moisture and trying to find something that doesnt break me out or otherwise suck (never sinks in, leaves a film, balls up under make up etc etc) has been unsuccessful so far. after 4 weeks of once daily use, i am disappointed. my skin doesnt feel more hydrated, i have had a breakout on my chin forEVER, caused by this or not. for me, its just goo in a jar (hate jar packaging - why do companies keep using them???)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Raphaelachka

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've recently been switching my whole skin regimen because I was bored with Mario badescu enzyme cleansing gel and other products (although they worked beautifully). This moisturizer comes in a tub like packaging and in basically just dip my finger in slightly because a little goes a long way. I originally believed that there wasn't enough in the tub for the price but it is definitely enough, just use sparingly. The product lasts all day and makeup goes great over it! I like the feel and the smell, definitely gives me a Dewey glow. I use this with olay fresh effects wake up eye roller and love them both.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 2:34:00 PM More reviews by LoveMakeup143

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this product, its very light on the face and makes my face feel smooth and soft and the smell isn't bad its like a nice fresh smell but once you put it on it goes away, and the packaging is cute love it

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Mcbby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My only two complaint about this product is the little amount for the price, and it being in a jar since I have long nails. This moisturizer is light, fresh, and WORKS! Bought this for the oil eliminating factor, and I am so glad I did. It's a gel so it's very light, and leaves no residue. Normally a few hours after applying only moisturizer my face is even slicker that before, but with this, the was the most minimal oil I've ever had. I love this product and will continue to rave about it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2014 8:09:00 PM More reviews by jessydisaster

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Good in theory, but made me breakout... I now have a $13 hand cream. Yay!!!