August 30, 2014 | 913 users online

Moisturizers - Olay - olay fresh effects dew over hydrating gel moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by ilovedreamsandseashells

I tried out the other fresh effects moisturizer, the one called Long Live Moisture, and loved everything about it except for the fact that it didn't last all day. So I decided to try this one, it's slightly thicker which makes it last long enough but still doesn't clog my pores or break me out. I just wish it were in a pump not a jar.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Carolineewells

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I didn't like this moisturizer at first, because one of the first times I used it and put it under the eye and it became peel-y when I rubbed concealer over it... So I decided I would just use it as a night moisturizer. I usually put it on after the shower and I love it now. I don't like using heavy, creamy moisturizers at night. This stuff gives me a glow the next morning and I've noticed my skin looking dewy all day.... Not greasy.. Truly dewy! I really love having a moisturizer I feel comfortable sleeping in .... As I believe skin needs a break from constant creams and makeup. This stuff feels good and smells good and is really dewy as advertised. Not the best for under makeup but great on its own.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by goodcreams

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is absolutely perfect!!!! I love everything about it. Great cream!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2014 3:17:00 PM More reviews by MisstinaaR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this..... I have combination skin and I thought I would try this gel moisturizer. When I put it on, it made my skin feel nice but didn't get rid of the flakiness around my nose and cheeks.... It made it better, but didnt do the job. Also, putting on my mineral makeup was a nightmare even after waiting 7 minutes to put the makeup on. It made my makeup look soooo disgusting!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by nanciixd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the first moisturizer I've used that has not clogged my pores. I'm not crazy about the packaging because it's messy and also the pricing is a bit steep for a drugstore brand. However, I'll probably keep using this as it helps keep my skin healthy and hydrated without breaking me out.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by ricebear17

This product has a wonderful smell, it's hydrating and works great on oily to combination skin. It gives you a natural dewy finish. It's a bit pricey for a drugstore moisturizer, but it's worth the
cost because you only need a little bit for your entire face.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 5:50:00 AM More reviews by nemesis41

This moisturizer has a beautiful floral fragrance. The fragrance is quite strong (which is something I love in facial care products, but I know that's not true for everyone). This is the first time that I've used a gel moisturizer. In the jar it looks more or less like a cream, but it definitely feels unique when going on. It sinks into the skin very easily. One of the main differences between this moisturizer and a standard cream is that this dries very quickly. There's no real waiting for it to sink in. Skin feels absolutely dry to the touch shortly after applying. This is certainly a benefit for those who wish to use it under makeup. I found that once the moisturizer had dried my skin felt somewhat tight, rather than soft. I have been using this moisturizer at night, and in the morning there's really no difference in my skin. With most moisturizers I put on before bed I wake up with my skin feeling noticeably soft. That's not the case here. When all is said and done, I'm not really seeing benefits from this moisturizer, and I will likely return to what I was using before.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by cgarretson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was religiously dedicated to Philosophy's Take A Deep Breath gel moisturizer before I found this. It's hydrating without making your skin feel oily, lightweight, and you cannot beat the price or smell. Please don't discontinue!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2014 5:04:00 AM More reviews by mimochi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this product after I ran out of the Garnier Moisture Rescue Fresh which has a gel consistency. (Which, that product was alright, didn't break me out but didn't improve my skin either.) I bought this because I thought it would be similar to Garnier's.

First of all, this Olay moisturizer has fragrance in it, which makes it a living nightmare for people with sensitive and/or acne-prone skin. And it's not a necessary ingredient. After the first night of putting it on, I broke out. When I cleansed the next morning, I could actually feel the slimy residue come off my face when I wet it down. Gross. Not only did I get tiny whiteheads everywhere, but I broke out in milia under my eyes too. So frustrating.

Plus the packaging is unhygienic unless you plan on washing your hands well every time you dip in the jar.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by scooterj

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i wont review skin care products until ive used them for at LEAST a month - this began so lovely, lightly moisturizing and no slime or stickiness. ive always had oily skin, prone to breakout by moisturizers, especially spf's. its only been within the past few years my skin has NEEDED extra moisture and trying to find something that doesnt break me out or otherwise suck (never sinks in, leaves a film, balls up under make up etc etc) has been unsuccessful so far. after 4 weeks of once daily use, i am disappointed. my skin doesnt feel more hydrated, i have had a breakout on my chin forEVER, caused by this or not. for me, its just goo in a jar (hate jar packaging - why do companies keep using them???)