Olay olay fresh effects dew over hydrating gel moisturizer

3.8

Water/Eau, Glycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane,Niacinamide*, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract^, Panthenol**, Tocopheryl Acetate***, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Glycereth-25 Pca Isostearate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Allantoin, Fragrance/Parfum,Methylparaben, Titanium Dioxide, Laureth-7, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Disodium Edta, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Silica, Ammonium Polyacrylate, Green 5, Yellow 5. *Vitamin/Vitamine B3, **Pro-Vitamin/Provitamine B5, ***Vitamin/Vitamine E, ^White Tea/Thé Blanc

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was craving a gel moisturizer for my often sensitive, occasionally reactive skin. I remembered years ago trying a sample of Nars Aqua Gel Luminous Oil Free Moisturizer and adoring it, however my current budget doesn't really allow for a $60 moisturizer, so I started researching more affordable options. I chose to try this Olay Dew Over first (I'm still considering the Garnier Gel Moisturizer and the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel) and while I can't say it is a dupe for the Nars, I do like it. It is a lovely gel-cream texture that absorbs nicely and hasn't bothered my sensitive skin. It plumps and hydrates my skin subtly without being at all greasy or heavy, which is what I was looking for. I have been using it pretty much daily, sometimes on its own and sometimes layering another moisturizer over it. The fragrance is pleasant to me - a light floral - but I could see where it could be a bit much for someone who's sensitive to fragrance.

Overall, I am happy with this moisturizer for what it is and will probably repurchase when I run out.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I've been using this for about two weeks now, and I'm really enjoying how it's making my skin feel. I use it for the day under my sunscreen, and it's just enough moisturization - I don't feel dry or anything. A little goes a long way - I just need a dab or two otherwise my sunscreen pills up.

Where I live the winters are usually dry and cold, and the summers are hot and humid. It's spring right now, so I've been using a very heavy moisturizer for night, and this one for day, and my skin is happy. I wouldn't use this in the winter as it would be too dry. In the summer I'd use this and a lighter night time moisturizer.

I love the niacinamide (1-5% according to P&G's MSDS sheet) - I really feel as though it's helping reduce my blemishes. Seeing as it's got some other good ingredients that I look out for (panthenol, glycerine, allantoin, niacinamide) and that a tub will likely last me 4-6 months, I'd definitely repurchase.

on 3/12/2015 10:26:00 PM

This winter has been unusually harsh on my skin, and my other moisturizers just weren't cutting it. Usually I use Neutrogena moisturizers/sunscreen but this winter the wind was so brutal that I needed to find another moisturizer to layer under it.

This one does the trick, absorbs quickly and does not irritate my skin. My skin was chapped around my nose area and was flaking a bit and this completely cured that in a few days.

I wear this at night and on days that I stay home, and put it on underneath my sunscreen for days that I go out. The only thing this is missing is SPF, I wish it had some sun protection in it so that I could use one product instead of two.

I would still repurchase as I haven't found a moisturizer with SPF that was moisturizing enough for winter.

I don't have a problem with the product being in a tub. As long as your hands are clean before you go in to grab product, you should be fine. Plus, the tub is sturdy which is great because I DROP EVERYTHING.

on 2/25/2015 8:16:00 PM

This creme does a good job at hydrating my fickle skin. My skin breaks out every month and is dry on the cheeks. The instructions on the packaging say "apply liberally," so I followed the directions. The cream absorbs easily and moisturizes my skin without feeling greasy/heavy.
I'm really happy with the purchase since I think this is not any worse than the jar-packaged department store moisturizers I've used. Besides moisturizing, the creme doesn't seem to have any other effects.

on 1/24/2015 7:26:00 PM

I liked this product, I just feel like it has no purpose in my skincare routine. It leaves my skin glowing and matte, but it lacks. It doesn't have spf which I like in products for the day, and it isn't moisturizing enough for night. Also, the packaging sucks. I don't like products in a jar at all.

on 1/11/2015 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I am oily and acne prone . Everything "cream " breaks me out . I have went through 2 containers now and no acne ! It's a great moisturizer . I use it under makeup and at night over my anti wrinkle serum. It is a gel and feels cool and refreshing with a light fragrance that is great ! I love this and will continue to use it . Especially because most Olay products break me out .

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This smells amazing! I use it during the day under my make up as I have oily skin with some dry patches and gel does much better than a creamy substance.

on 10/8/2014 4:49:00 PM

ok I think I've been using this long enough now to write a fair review. I was looking for something cheaper to replace my clinique DDMG, which I still love and love that it doesn't break me out (the main thing I look for in a moisturizer). I have been using this for just over a month and I really like it! it absorbs into the skin fairly quickly and I don't find that it leaves me shiny, which the clinique one def leaves a shiny finish. it's perfect under makeup, doesn't break me out, cheaper than clinique. I will definitely be repurchasing when I run out!

on 9/3/2014 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I got tired of spending too much for a basic daytime moisturizer with some vitamins . I'm glad I found this. This is great for those with combination/oily skin. A little bit of the gel goes a long way, leaving your skin feel hydrated enough and looking dewy. As for oil control- it's no better or worse than many other moisturizers I've tried (estee lauder, shisheido, clinique.) I don't wear makeup on a daily basis so I can't say if it 's compatible with it. The only 2 things I wish different were lighter fragrance and that that it was packaged in a pump instead of jar. Other than that I'm satisfied- unless I find something else equally good but cheaper.

I tried out the other fresh effects moisturizer, the one called Long Live Moisture, and loved everything about it except for the fact that it didn't last all day. So I decided to try this one, it's slightly thicker which makes it last long enough but still doesn't clog my pores or break me out. I just wish it were in a pump not a jar.

Popular Moisturizers