Wet 'n' Wild Fergie Vicious Varnish High Shine Lip Stain (all colors)

2.7

on 3/22/2015 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought 3 of these lip stains in colors Street Queen (bright baby pink), Legendary Face (nude), and Epic (dark wine). The Street Queen one turned white after a few days and I don't know if i just got a bad bottle or what but the consistency changed and now its chunky and white. Also literally 5 seconds ago I dropped it and it broke so they aren't very durable. Overall they are ok. The wine colored one does stain my lips but the pink and nude don't because they are too light. They wear off in a funny way, they turn into a chunky gel and you have to wipe it off and all that is left is the stain. They aren't the best stain but they do an ok job wouldn't repurchase. A little upset that my favorite out of the three broke :/

I got Global Fiercness after G from Nouveau Cheap reviewed and liked it. Can't tell you how much I LOVE this! I have never worn a berry red to work before, but I felt awesome in this. It lasted past lunch with an even stain and moist feeling. I wish there were more medium or red shades in the line. The lightest is way too nude for me, and I don't need so many fushias or reds. I'm going to get Legendary Face and hope the formula is consistent.

on 10/27/2014 11:57:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Haaaaaaated this product so much! I got Giving realness because the color was beautiful in the packaging but it was nothing but a tube of lies! :( it's watery, sticky and just has horrible application overall. You can't even see the color itself and it just seeps into the cracks of your lips and dries them out. Really wish I hadn't wasted my money on this, I don't know how the other colors are but I'm afraid to try any of them after this.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I took this product back to the store twice because the top broke off. I will never buy this again. I guess I got what I paid for :(

on 9/12/2014 4:50:00 PM

I have Global Fiercness. It's very glossy and vibrant bright rose color. The shine wears off after a while but still has a little sheen and it does stain the lips. Once the glossiness fades, I put a clear gloss on top to shine it up again. This is pretty nice considering how cheap it is.

on 9/10/2014 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Street queen is a nice sheer orchid shade perfect for fall. It is sheer but not too sheer.
I like the consistency of these, they are not sticky and feel nice on the lips. No scent and no taste. Provides a nice shine on the lips. The brush tip is a doe foot applicator which is flimsy but it works prefectly fine. I have no issues when applying with this applicator actually I am liking it the more i use it. I do still wish it had a normal doe foot but it is very soft and applies the product nicely. I really it. I also have applied it over other shades I was not happy with and it improved them enough to enable me to wear them. Be careful not to apply too much or wait too long between applying another layer because it can pill, Also if you rub your lips together often during the day this could be an issue as well. I do not so I have no problems with this. I use about two coats one after another and I have no issues.
I do prefer the balm stains to these but like the colors of these better.
Also note I do not see a stain effect whatsoever.

Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought the color Legendary Face which is a nice mauve pink that should be flattering on all skin tones for $3. I didn't want to spend too much on a drugstore lipgloss but I did want something with a nice wash of color. The lip stain is not a stain at all and had no effect on my actual lip color. None. When you apply it the applicator is flimsy, the formula is watery, and the taste is terrible. The product made my lips tingle just a little and it smells like chemicals. I don't expect the world from a gloss but a little sweet scent is always a plus. I'll stick to my Nars, Mac, and Bite beauty glosses from now on.

on 6/15/2014 5:52:00 PM

I tried this because I had 40% off otherwise I never would've purchased it. the doe foot applicator is tiny & mine was defected on one of the glosses. the other gloss I got, the cap broke. the product itself didn't set well, too thick, tacky & just not as pigmented as I hoped. the fergie lipsticks are so amazing, sadly this product was a total waste

on 6/13/2014 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

UGH!!! This "varnish" is awful! Such a beautiful purple gloss was ruined by the tacky/sticky feel, the awful chemical smell and even worse taste! If you can deal with all that, more power to you since the colors are very pretty.

on 6/12/2014 10:44:00 PM

I only have this in Legendary Face, a pinky nude shade. I love natural YLBB shades and this is a real winner in my book. I tend to hate lip glosses but I really like this formula. It doesn't feel so sticky or obvious and the scent and flavor are minimal, albeit a touch fake, but fortunately it fades. Staying power is decent. I defintely get more life out of matte lipsticks, etc., but again, I'm someone who generally loathes lip glosses and this is one I like, especially for such a great price.
Update: Walgreens had a sale so I bought more: Throwing Shade, Voguing Madness and Global Fierceness. VM is a vivid coral red. It applies well and is amazingly pigmented. I have to be careful to apply it smoothly and on the light side, otherwise it can pill a bit, but it's a beautiful vivid color and leaves a nice stain. GF is kind of a berry red, and it's a real beauty. This applies a bit better than VM, and also leaves behind a beautiful stain. TS is a purpley shade, just a touch brighter than plain old purple. It is a nice color, leaves a bit of stain, but not as much as GF. All that I've tried have good staying power, keeping the color and shine for a few hours. For me it works better to apply these to naked lips, and applying with the applicator and then pressing my lips together or smoothing it out a touch with my finger tip, to get the best coverage/application. If I have balm or other lip product on beforehand, I find these are more likely to run or get streaky.

Recommended for Medium Skin