July 31, 2014 | 994 users online

Lip Gloss - Wet 'n' Wild - Fergie Vicious Varnish High Shine Lip Stain (all colors)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2014 9:30:00 AM More reviews by darlingdiva380

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the color Legendary Face which is a nice mauve pink that should be flattering on all skin tones for $3. I didn't want to spend too much on a drugstore lipgloss but I did want something with a nice wash of color. The lip stain is not a stain at all and had no effect on my actual lip color. None. When you apply it the applicator is flimsy, the formula is watery, and the taste is terrible. The product made my lips tingle just a little and it smells like chemicals. I don't expect the world from a gloss but a little sweet scent is always a plus. I'll stick to my Nars, Mac, and Bite beauty glosses from now on.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2014 5:52:00 PM More reviews by BebeeGillini

I tried this because I had 40% off otherwise I never would've purchased it. the doe foot applicator is tiny & mine was defected on one of the glosses. the other gloss I got, the cap broke. the product itself didn't set well, too thick, tacky & just not as pigmented as I hoped. the fergie lipsticks are so amazing, sadly this product was a total waste

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by yuwannano

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

UGH!!! This "varnish" is awful! Such a beautiful purple gloss was ruined by the tacky/sticky feel, the awful chemical smell and even worse taste! If you can deal with all that, more power to you since the colors are very pretty.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Heidness

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I only have this in Legendary Face, a pinky nude shade. I love natural YLBB shades and this is a real winner in my book. I tend to hate lip glosses but I really like this formula. It doesn't feel so sticky or obvious and the scent and flavor are minimal, albeit a touch fake, but fortunately it fades. Staying power is decent. I defintely get more life out of matte lipsticks, etc., but again, I'm someone who generally loathes lip glosses and this is one I like, especially for such a great price.
Update: Walgreens had a sale so I bought more: Throwing Shade, Voguing Madness and Global Fierceness. VM is a vivid coral red. It applies well and is amazingly pigmented. I have to be careful to apply it smoothly and on the light side, otherwise it can pill a bit, but it's a beautiful vivid color and leaves a nice stain. GF is kind of a berry red, and it's a real beauty. This applies a bit better than VM, and also leaves behind a beautiful stain. TS is a purpley shade, just a touch brighter than plain old purple. It is a nice color, leaves a bit of stain, but not as much as GF. All that I've tried have good staying power, keeping the color and shine for a few hours. For me it works better to apply these to naked lips, and applying with the applicator and then pressing my lips together or smoothing it out a touch with my finger tip, to get the best coverage/application. If I have balm or other lip product on beforehand, I find these are more likely to run or get streaky.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2014 7:08:00 AM More reviews by 1017

I have the nude peachy shade. I actually love the color and how it looks, once I get it on correctly. Like others have said, he applicator is no help, deposits way too much color on our lips (& that is with the nude shade, I could not imagine working with one of the more colorful shades) and you need to work to get it smoothed out evenly. It doesn't last that long or feel that great on my lips. I am concerned it is drying out my lips as well and it doesn't feel nice once on the lips (tacky & makes me always worried it is getting clumpy on my lips the way it feels). I paid less than $3 for it, so I don't really care, but I was kind of hoping for a new little treasure and it is sub par. Over all, don't seek these out. But if you pick it up out of intrigue or liking a color, it isn't the end of the world.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2014 4:29:00 PM More reviews by pigmentpro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not a bad product at all considering the price. These come in a lot of bold, playful, solid colors and make a true pop on the lips as this seems to be the trend nowadays. High shine it is not as it doesn't really have a "glossy" finish and lip stain it is as this stuff lasts a lot longer than your average lipgloss. All you need are a couple of touch ups throughout the day or night. Im telling you, Wet n Wild holds high on the drugstore brand scale because the product is great and you cannot beat the price whatsoever. If you catch this stuff on sale, you cant get a better bargain. What I love most about this brand is if I cant decide on colors, I can afford to buy multiples, unlike all the other brands!! More product = More Fun!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Meh, a miss for me. I tried two colors, a nude called Giving Realness and a cool pink called Street Queen. The biggest complaint I have with these is the applicator. It's so flimsy and weird. It pulls so much product out of the tube it gets all over.

My second problem with this is the formula. It's very weird and thin. Hard to explain, but it was a weird stickiness that made those "string" things appear when i opened my mouth or shut it. I hope you know what I mean, but it's very tacky.

There is no stain here, I was able to wipe it right off. The nude is more of a peachy nude and the pink is leaning on the lilac end. they are very pigmented and they don't last long at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2014 7:17:00 AM More reviews by ldavid

Big disappointment. Bought this in the shade "Epic" and while the color was lovely, the formula was not. The applicator brought out way too much product and when applied, it's like smearing on clown paint in the dark. The gloss applies very unevenly and even when you spread it out with your fingers, it looks super blotchy. The product is extremely thick and doesn't stay put on your lips. The stain aspect isn't so great either. It leaves a light stain but can be removed easily and doesn't last. Definitely not worth buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 12:44:00 AM More reviews by DallasCowgirl

I purchased this in the color legendary face and I love everything about this.. The pink color is not to bright a nice everyday natural pink...it keeps my lips moisturized very long..... I'm defiantly going to try many of the other colors

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2014 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Babydolly01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is not worth all the hype!!! Separated horribly on my lips! Purchased in "giving realness" & "legendary face". I applied these on my lips and looked really pretty but, in just a few minutes they started separating. I thought I might be able to work with them by not pressing my lips together but it didn't help. They separated either way & they also have an extremely nasty bitter taste. I accidentally might've licked my lips or something & it was just gross tasting. I have tried better wet & wild products & this is just not one of them. Not worth the $3.49 I paid at Walgreens. Will be returning :/
*also has a bad brush!! It just doesn't give you that precision. I kept applying on the outside of my lips no matter how careful I was. DISAPPOINTMENT!!!