December 20, 2014 | 1679 users online

Scrubs - Acure Organics - Brightening Facial scrub sea kelp+chlorella growth factor

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by ed8888

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this scrub, been using it this past year about twice a week. A tiny amount is effective as it is really thick and pasty, I just use a small 1/2 pea size blob and rub it in with a equal size blob of my facial cleansing gel for the entire face, let it sit for a few moments and then rinse it off. My face is smooth and pores cleared out afterwards, not dried out at all, and leaves a nice glow. Great stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2014 9:24:00 AM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff.

I switched to it because I learned that the stuff I've been using for years is killing fish and polluting the environment. All those synthetic scrubs we're washing down the drain are toxic to the environment.

Commercial scrubs are not biodegradable.

Scrubs have been part of my beauty regimen for years; yeah, lactic acid is good, but I like the feeling of a physical scrub, especially in the morning.

If you check out my reviews, you'll see I have used a LOT of very good scrubs during my life, at least the ones I've shared here.

This is probably one of my favorites. Extremely effective, nice smell, and a little goes a very long way.

All natural, no dead fish or staying in the environment thousands of years, so I could have clean skin in the morning.

Win-win, and not a second rate substitute: I have happily bought three tubes of this product because I like it, it works, and it's a pleasure to use.

My only gripe is the tube. Bad packaging, and too much product is wasted.

But the tradeoffs are worth it, in my opinion: the superior ingredients that aren't full of synthetic garbage deliver superior results.

Reasonably priced, compared to many "high end" products that I've used.

ETA: Probably a little much for those with sensitive skin: this is an effective, physical scrub.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 1:04:00 PM More reviews by avey5

I really like this scrub. I know that spirulina and chlorella is good for your body inside and out, full of nutrients and then minerals are great for skin. This scrub definitely could be harsh if you scrub too hard, definitely go light, also it rinses off clean, no greasiness. Any scrub could cause problems if used incorrectly or too much. I used it last night in the shower, wait till your pores open from steam then use it...woke up this morning to smooth, soft, brighter skin, not red or irritated. I'd only use this once or twice a week. Im sure you could also use this as a mask too since spirulina is great for the skin and it has other good ingredients. Not sure if I would re-purchase yet, but overall its a very nice scrub with great ingredients and works well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Maelor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This line is outstanding. The simplest ingredients ever. The line was created to donate towards breast cancer research which is great. The scrub itself can be harsh if you use too much force so lighten up! It's nice when combined with a gel facial cleanser but is also fantastic alone. The chlorella (which is a seaweed) growth factor helps to stimulate the growth of new cells by shedding the old decrepit ones. Scrubs generally should only be used once or twice a week but I use this so gently I am able to use it once a day or every other day on my sensitive acne prone skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by paf0009

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I purchased this scrub along with Acure Organics' Argan Oil and Facial Cleanser. Unlike the rest, this one is a definite no for me. The packaging is pretty nice and easy to use. The scrub itself is green and very gritty. I think this scrub doubles as a cleanser because it does contain surfactants; it foams every so slightly when you rinse. The biggest problem for me and the reason I would not buy again is it is way too harsh. The first time I tried it, it left my skin feeling a bit raw and red, but I did not want to write it off immediately (bad idea). The second time (big mistake) I tried it (about a week or more later) it not only left my face sensitized, but I broke out in tiny under the skin bumps. It looked really bad; a friend actually noticed. So I do not use it anymore. Keep in mind, that I have sensitive skin. If you do well with very scrubby ingredients, this could be a good clean alternative to other scrubs containing parabens and other toxic chemicals.