Acure Organics Brightening Facial scrub sea kelp+chlorella growth factor

on 9/21/2015 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I haven't noticed any brightening factors but I really like the scent of this one. Don't think I would re-purchase because it doesn't really do anything other than hydrate.

on 9/21/2015 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I really enjoyed this scrub. It is a but harsh, but I just started scribing softer and it's working out. I like the nice clean look of the packaging. It has a nice fresh scent. It actually cleaned my face quite well too. I would definitely recommend giving this one a try. I also love that this is sulfate free and synthetic fragrance free.

on 6/5/2015 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm so in love with this scrub. It smells incredible, the ingredients are fantastic and it is perfect for sensitive skin. The scrub beads are wonderful, you certainly feel the scrub but it isn't rough at all. The way my skin feels after is fabulous. I haven't used it long enough to know if it does indeed brighten the complexion but it is wonderful for getting rid of any rough patches, dry skin, etc. My oils/moisturizers sink in like a dream after this. I have to stop myself from using it every day.

on 5/20/2015 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Loved loved this product the first time I used it just after breaking the seal. The herbal fragrance was delicious and I still love the gritty, yet slippery, consistency. However with the second and subsequent uses the fragrance became more stale and though not bad, not good either. I was concerned that it had oxidized. Was I then applying free radicals to my face? Well, SkinDeep rates this a "2" which is a relatively low toxicity, so I guess it's okay. I'll use it up. But also keep trying other products. I guess the problem with avoiding parabens is that the products don't maintain their freshness once the seal is broken. Not enough to want to use paraben products, but disheartening. I guess single use ampules would be the solution.

Got mine at Vitacost online for $8

on 4/9/2015 11:04:00 PM

I really like exfoliating scrubs and my skin can handle scrubs on a daily basis, this one is really great, 100% natural and vegan. Makes my skin feel super smooth and dewy without over-exfoliating. Gentle enough for daily use (in my opinion), I wouldn't recommend daily use if you have sensitive or dry skin.

on 12/19/2014 8:56:00 PM

I like this scrub, been using it this past year about twice a week. A tiny amount is effective as it is really thick and pasty, I just use a small 1/2 pea size blob and rub it in with a equal size blob of my facial cleansing gel for the entire face, let it sit for a few moments and then rinse it off. My face is smooth and pores cleared out afterwards, not dried out at all, and leaves a nice glow. Great stuff.

on 11/23/2014 9:24:00 AM

Love this stuff.

I switched to it because I learned that the stuff I've been using for years is killing fish and polluting the environment. All those synthetic scrubs we're washing down the drain are toxic to the environment.

Commercial scrubs are not biodegradable.

Scrubs have been part of my beauty regimen for years; yeah, lactic acid is good, but I like the feeling of a physical scrub, especially in the morning.

If you check out my reviews, you'll see I have used a LOT of very good scrubs during my life, at least the ones I've shared here.

This is probably one of my favorites. Extremely effective, nice smell, and a little goes a very long way.

All natural, no dead fish or staying in the environment thousands of years, so I could have clean skin in the morning.

Win-win, and not a second rate substitute: I have happily bought three tubes of this product because I like it, it works, and it's a pleasure to use.

My only gripe is the tube. Bad packaging, and too much product is wasted.

But the tradeoffs are worth it, in my opinion: the superior ingredients that aren't full of synthetic garbage deliver superior results.

Reasonably priced, compared to many "high end" products that I've used.

ETA: Probably a little much for those with sensitive skin: this is an effective, physical scrub.

on 7/21/2014 1:04:00 PM

I really like this scrub. I know that spirulina and chlorella is good for your body inside and out, full of nutrients and then minerals are great for skin. This scrub definitely could be harsh if you scrub too hard, definitely go light, also it rinses off clean, no greasiness. Any scrub could cause problems if used incorrectly or too much. I used it last night in the shower, wait till your pores open from steam then use it...woke up this morning to smooth, soft, brighter skin, not red or irritated. I'd only use this once or twice a week. Im sure you could also use this as a mask too since spirulina is great for the skin and it has other good ingredients. Not sure if I would re-purchase yet, but overall its a very nice scrub with great ingredients and works well.

on 6/21/2014 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This line is outstanding. The simplest ingredients ever. The line was created to donate towards breast cancer research which is great. The scrub itself can be harsh if you use too much force so lighten up! It's nice when combined with a gel facial cleanser but is also fantastic alone. The chlorella (which is a seaweed) growth factor helps to stimulate the growth of new cells by shedding the old decrepit ones. Scrubs generally should only be used once or twice a week but I use this so gently I am able to use it once a day or every other day on my sensitive acne prone skin.

on 1/7/2014 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I purchased this scrub along with Acure Organics' Argan Oil and Facial Cleanser. Unlike the rest, this one is a definite no for me. The packaging is pretty nice and easy to use. The scrub itself is green and very gritty. I think this scrub doubles as a cleanser because it does contain surfactants; it foams every so slightly when you rinse. The biggest problem for me and the reason I would not buy again is it is way too harsh. The first time I tried it, it left my skin feeling a bit raw and red, but I did not want to write it off immediately (bad idea). The second time (big mistake) I tried it (about a week or more later) it not only left my face sensitized, but I broke out in tiny under the skin bumps. It looked really bad; a friend actually noticed. So I do not use it anymore. Keep in mind, that I have sensitive skin. If you do well with very scrubby ingredients, this could be a good clean alternative to other scrubs containing parabens and other toxic chemicals.