Aveda New dry remedy daily moisturizing oil

4.4

Sunflower Seed Oil, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Methyl Soyate, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentaoleate, Olive Oil, Buriti Fruit Oil, Pomegranate Sterols, Tocopherol, Fragrance, Farnesol, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Citral, Limonene, Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin, Geraniol.

on 4/11/2015 9:22:00 PM

Love the results from this hair oil.

on 3/17/2015 10:46:00 AM

I have naturally dry and chemically processed hair. Before my last trim I had really crunchy ends on my top layer - I used this oil in the hopes of moisturising the ends, as I'm trying to grow my hair - it made zero difference. I didn't notice any change in my hair at all except for the smell - it smells strongly of lavender, which I didn't like. The aveda oil doesn't make hair oily or weighed down, so that's a plus point, and there are no silicones so there was no feeling of build up. But it just did nothing to improve my hair, and at such an expensive price tag. I felt like I'd been ripped off, as I got better results from using a tiny amount of coconut oil. The only thing which helped my crunchy ends was to get them cut off. I continued using my usual styling products and now there is no problem, and seemingly no use for this oil.

on 11/22/2014 11:13:00 PM

This is the MOST WONDERFUL STUFF ON EARTH!!!!!! I was using silicone based serums and my hair was flat and greasy, and I'd use a clarifying shampoo to clean it out which dried my hair like crazy. That circle of misery was getting old, so I started trying oils. NONE of them worked except for this one....it is the HOLY GRAIL of hair products. It makes my highlighted, fine, damaged hair look and feel like silk (blonde hair is hardly ever shiny but this makes it glossy-gorgeous!). It washes out perfectly, never builds up, smells heavenly, and is my GO TO product! I can use it on damp hair, dry hair or whatever....you'll never need another hair styling/blow dry/smoothing product again. If Aveda ever discontinues this product I'm shaving my head.

on 11/18/2014 8:45:00 PM

I like this. It's in my gym bag so I alternate with the phyto subtil elixir. The aveda product smells much better but isn't as strong as the phyto. I put this in my super thick curly shoulder length hair after my leave in and before my styler. Three or four drops is all you need. I will keep it in my rotation. It's not cheap so that is a negative but I don't feel I've been ripped off. Overall a good product for thick dry hair.

on 10/26/2014 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have a love/hate relationship with hair oils. I love it because it gives my hair the moisture it needs given that I colour it every 6-8 weeks. I hate it because it has a tendency to weigh down my hair and make my hair feel 'thinner'.

Aveda's New Dry Remedy Daily Moisturizing Oil seems to have fixed that issue and it's a total love relationship now. This oil does not weight down my hair or leaving it feeling stringy or greasy. My hair feels full and lush afterwards so from that perspective, it's worth the cost.

As with anything Aveda, that price tag is rather off putting. Thankfully I need just a few drops so I can prolong the shelf life.
I mix about 3 to 4 drops of this oil with Aveda's Smooth Infusion Glossing Straightener for that (almost) salon blow out look.

The herbal scent may bother some people but I don't mind it. Since I mix the oil with the glossing straightener, the scent is somewhat diluted.

I'm still curious about Redken's Diamond Oil to see how it compares to the Dry Remedy but for now, I'm happy with the Dry Remedy.

on 10/23/2014 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Aveda has to be the most addicting line of hair products. This stuff is AMAZING! As I don't wash my hair everyday, I put this in my hair between washes to keep the ends from getting dry. Smells beautifully, and when I wake up in the morning my hair doesn't have that grease residue in it.

A must-have for anyone who doesn't wash their hair everyday, for a quick conditioning treatment.

on 10/20/2014 3:37:00 PM

I have long, thick, coloured hair which tends to get extremely frizzy particularly after washing. The ends are very dry. I heard some great things about this oil and bought it as an addition to my Aveda Dry Remedy Shampoo, Conditioner and Mask. I feel I need at least 10 drops to make it work with my hair. I do have very thick hair and for fine hair a couple of drops may be enough. In terms of combatting dryness I think it's an OK product. It does soak in and won't look oily unless you use too much. However, it didn't control any frizz for me. Made my dry ends a little softer and shinier. The effect didn't last very long. Not quite a miracle product. Still, it is a nice oil if you'd rather not use any silicones on your hair.

on 10/19/2014 5:47:00 PM

I really like this product. I put 4 drops of it in freshly washed hair and 4 sprays of another Aveda heat protectant spray and blow dry my hair. Afterwards if my hair feels dry, I like to put another drop or two on the ends and my hair feels soft. It is expensive but it lasts for so long that it's worth it. I can see this being oily for some hair types. My hair is coarse and curly and its also been colored.

on 9/19/2014 7:37:00 AM

LOVE this stuff! I tried out a new salon, and they give away the 3ml tube to new clients. I was skeptical, since the salon sells the bigger bottle and I'm always wary of salons trying to sell hair products. However, I'm so glad I gave it a chance!
My poor waist length hair is damaged by 3 years of chemical dyes (red, idiotically until last month using 20 developer every time I dye.. ouch) and swimming in chlorinated pools. I love this stuff becuase it does better than any leave in conditioner I've tried, and it isn't loaded with silicones, so I know it's actually helping my hair, rather than just covering up damage. Actually it has zero silicones- awesome! Which is important to me, I'm done with just covering up damage with silicones which can actually make things worse over time. So this is perfect!
I love using 3 drops of this and 5 drops of argan oil together as my detangler and leave in conditioner. (I get my argan oil from Mountian Rose herbs so it's pure, unlike most argon oil hair products.) It seems you either love or hate the fragrance, so maybe start off with the 3ml sample and see how you like it first! Even the tiny bottle lasts a long time!

on 6/6/2014 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Love. Lurve. Lahhhhve.

This is an oil treatment/styler with zero silicones. It does have what I consider an Aveda-y smell, which I happen to enjoy. My hair is fine, wavy/curly and there's so much of it I have to have it thinned monthly.
I use about 5-7 drops of this after my leave-in conditioner and while my hair is damp. If I do a blowout, it leaves my hair smooth and soft, if I leave it natural my waves/curls turn out decently smooth.
I prefer this to a serum with silicones because I find a high silicone content leaves my hair much less smooth. Another great thing is the small bottle of concentrated product is easy to travel with.

Top Rated Aveda Products