December 17, 2014 | 1667 users online

Styling Products - Aveda - New dry remedy daily moisturizing oil

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by AnnieNYC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the MOST WONDERFUL STUFF ON EARTH!!!!!! I was using silicone based serums and my hair was flat and greasy, and I'd use a clarifying shampoo to clean it out which dried my hair like crazy. That circle of misery was getting old, so I started trying oils. NONE of them worked except for this one....it is the HOLY GRAIL of hair products. It makes my highlighted, fine, damaged hair look and feel like silk (blonde hair is hardly ever shiny but this makes it glossy-gorgeous!). It washes out perfectly, never builds up, smells heavenly, and is my GO TO product! I can use it on damp hair, dry hair or whatever....you'll never need another hair styling/blow dry/smoothing product again. If Aveda ever discontinues this product I'm shaving my head.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2014 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Sienna007

I like this. It's in my gym bag so I alternate with the phyto subtil elixir. The aveda product smells much better but isn't as strong as the phyto. I put this in my super thick curly shoulder length hair after my leave in and before my styler. Three or four drops is all you need. I will keep it in my rotation. It's not cheap so that is a negative but I don't feel I've been ripped off. Overall a good product for thick dry hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2014 2:17:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have a love/hate relationship with hair oils. I love it because it gives my hair the moisture it needs given that I colour it every 6-8 weeks. I hate it because it has a tendency to weigh down my hair and make my hair feel 'thinner'.

Aveda's New Dry Remedy Daily Moisturizing Oil seems to have fixed that issue and it's a total love relationship now. This oil does not weight down my hair or leaving it feeling stringy or greasy. My hair feels full and lush afterwards so from that perspective, it's worth the cost.

As with anything Aveda, that price tag is rather off putting. Thankfully I need just a few drops so I can prolong the shelf life.
I mix about 3 to 4 drops of this oil with Aveda's Smooth Infusion Glossing Straightener for that (almost) salon blow out look.

The herbal scent may bother some people but I don't mind it. Since I mix the oil with the glossing straightener, the scent is somewhat diluted.

I'm still curious about Redken's Diamond Oil to see how it compares to the Dry Remedy but for now, I'm happy with the Dry Remedy.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2014 11:41:00 AM More reviews by KLynn88

Aveda has to be the most addicting line of hair products. This stuff is AMAZING! As I don't wash my hair everyday, I put this in my hair between washes to keep the ends from getting dry. Smells beautifully, and when I wake up in the morning my hair doesn't have that grease residue in it.

A must-have for anyone who doesn't wash their hair everyday, for a quick conditioning treatment.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by springsource

I have long, thick, coloured hair which tends to get extremely frizzy particularly after washing. The ends are very dry. I heard some great things about this oil and bought it as an addition to my Aveda Dry Remedy Shampoo, Conditioner and Mask. I feel I need at least 10 drops to make it work with my hair. I do have very thick hair and for fine hair a couple of drops may be enough. In terms of combatting dryness I think it's an OK product. It does soak in and won't look oily unless you use too much. However, it didn't control any frizz for me. Made my dry ends a little softer and shinier. The effect didn't last very long. Not quite a miracle product. Still, it is a nice oil if you'd rather not use any silicones on your hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by PBtangerine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this product. I put 4 drops of it in freshly washed hair and 4 sprays of another Aveda heat protectant spray and blow dry my hair. Afterwards if my hair feels dry, I like to put another drop or two on the ends and my hair feels soft. It is expensive but it lasts for so long that it's worth it. I can see this being oily for some hair types. My hair is coarse and curly and its also been colored.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 7:37:00 AM More reviews by RaiinbowEyes

LOVE this stuff! I tried out a new salon, and they give away the 3ml tube to new clients. I was skeptical, since the salon sells the bigger bottle and I'm always wary of salons trying to sell hair products. However, I'm so glad I gave it a chance!
My poor waist length hair is damaged by 3 years of chemical dyes (red, idiotically until last month using 20 developer every time I dye.. ouch) and swimming in chlorinated pools. I love this stuff becuase it does better than any leave in conditioner I've tried, and it isn't loaded with silicones, so I know it's actually helping my hair, rather than just covering up damage. Actually it has zero silicones- awesome! Which is important to me, I'm done with just covering up damage with silicones which can actually make things worse over time. So this is perfect!
I love using 3 drops of this and 5 drops of argan oil together as my detangler and leave in conditioner. (I get my argan oil from Mountian Rose herbs so it's pure, unlike most argon oil hair products.) It seems you either love or hate the fragrance, so maybe start off with the 3ml sample and see how you like it first! Even the tiny bottle lasts a long time!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2014 2:56:00 AM More reviews by april1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love. Lurve. Lahhhhve.

This is an oil treatment/styler with zero silicones. It does have what I consider an Aveda-y smell, which I happen to enjoy. My hair is fine, wavy/curly and there's so much of it I have to have it thinned monthly.
I use about 5-7 drops of this after my leave-in conditioner and while my hair is damp. If I do a blowout, it leaves my hair smooth and soft, if I leave it natural my waves/curls turn out decently smooth.
I prefer this to a serum with silicones because I find a high silicone content leaves my hair much less smooth. Another great thing is the small bottle of concentrated product is easy to travel with.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2014 1:24:00 PM More reviews by babekitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This oil has very light, almost non-oily texture, and it has no effect on my fine, long straight hair. I think it's more treatment than styling product. It has strong herbal smell, which is absolutely not pleasing and lasts all day.
I added this in my shampoo, maybe I'll see some positive changes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Hotflashes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Everything it's banged up to be. I use 2 or 3 drops in soaking wet hair before my leave-in and styler and then a drop once my hair is dry scrunched in for shine. Smells gorgeous. I've used Aveda's Beautifying Oil for 20 years, I like this lots better. 3A/Botticelli curly, very fine but enough for several people.