October 22, 2014 | 991 users online

Styling Products - Aveda - New dry remedy daily moisturizing oil

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by springsource

I have long, thick, coloured hair which tends to get extremely frizzy particularly after washing. The ends are very dry. I heard some great things about this oil and bought it as an addition to my Aveda Dry Remedy Shampoo, Conditioner and Mask. I feel I need at least 10 drops to make it work with my hair. I do have very thick hair and for fine hair a couple of drops may be enough. In terms of combatting dryness I think it's an OK product. It does soak in and won't look oily unless you use too much. However, it didn't control any frizz for me. Made my dry ends a little softer and shinier. The effect didn't last very long. Not quite a miracle product. Still, it is a nice oil if you'd rather not use any silicones on your hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by PBtangerine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this product. I put 4 drops of it in freshly washed hair and 4 sprays of another Aveda heat protectant spray and blow dry my hair. Afterwards if my hair feels dry, I like to put another drop or two on the ends and my hair feels soft. It is expensive but it lasts for so long that it's worth it. I can see this being oily for some hair types. My hair is coarse and curly and its also been colored.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 7:37:00 AM More reviews by RaiinbowEyes

LOVE this stuff! I tried out a new salon, and they give away the 3ml tube to new clients. I was skeptical, since the salon sells the bigger bottle and I'm always wary of salons trying to sell hair products. However, I'm so glad I gave it a chance!
My poor waist length hair is damaged by 3 years of chemical dyes (red, idiotically until last month using 20 developer every time I dye.. ouch) and swimming in chlorinated pools. I love this stuff becuase it does better than any leave in conditioner I've tried, and it isn't loaded with silicones, so I know it's actually helping my hair, rather than just covering up damage. Actually it has zero silicones- awesome! Which is important to me, I'm done with just covering up damage with silicones which can actually make things worse over time. So this is perfect!
I love using 3 drops of this and 5 drops of argan oil together as my detangler and leave in conditioner. (I get my argan oil from Mountian Rose herbs so it's pure, unlike most argon oil hair products.) It seems you either love or hate the fragrance, so maybe start off with the 3ml sample and see how you like it first! Even the tiny bottle lasts a long time!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2014 2:56:00 AM More reviews by april1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love. Lurve. Lahhhhve.

This is an oil treatment/styler with zero silicones. It does have what I consider an Aveda-y smell, which I happen to enjoy. My hair is fine, wavy/curly and there's so much of it I have to have it thinned monthly.
I use about 5-7 drops of this after my leave-in conditioner and while my hair is damp. If I do a blowout, it leaves my hair smooth and soft, if I leave it natural my waves/curls turn out decently smooth.
I prefer this to a serum with silicones because I find a high silicone content leaves my hair much less smooth. Another great thing is the small bottle of concentrated product is easy to travel with.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2014 1:24:00 PM More reviews by babekitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This oil has very light, almost non-oily texture, and it has no effect on my fine, long straight hair. I think it's more treatment than styling product. It has strong herbal smell, which is absolutely not pleasing and lasts all day.
I added this in my shampoo, maybe I'll see some positive changes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Hotflashes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Everything it's banged up to be. I use 2 or 3 drops in soaking wet hair before my leave-in and styler and then a drop once my hair is dry scrunched in for shine. Smells gorgeous. I've used Aveda's Beautifying Oil for 20 years, I like this lots better. 3A/Botticelli curly, very fine but enough for several people.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by Toritoro

I absolutely love this oil. My hair is very fine and currently bleached blonde. I use a drop or two on each side of my head and find it leaves my hair feeling extremely soft, shiny and silky. It doesn't weigh it down at all. I also really like the subtle herbal smell leaves. I usually apply it to damp hair before blow drying it, although I will use it when my hair is dry from time to time. A little really dies goes a long way with this product. I find if I use too much of it, it makes my hair a little too oily for my likings. Otherwise I'm very happy with this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 10:20:00 AM More reviews by twocents

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this - it works with my hair curly or straight, before blow drying or after. Hooray!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Retrohousewife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this oil. I have curly hair that is pretty coarse. This does a great job of moisturizing my hair in the dry cold winter. It is not heavy at all and does not weigh your hair down. Since I have curly hair, I appreciate that it is free of silicones, unlike most hair moisturizing serums. My husband uses this too. He usually hates to have any product in his hair. It smells lovely. It really only takes two drops. A little dab will do ya!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 10:35:00 AM More reviews by KristinElise

For reference, I have very fine, medium length highlighted blonde hair. My normal routine is Dry Remedy conditioner followed by Moroccan Oil Light (about a dime sized amount) from about mid shaft down on towel-dry hair. Without any oil my hair would be dry and in an Upper Midwest winter, very staticky. Naturally I was pretty excited to hear about the Aveda oil because I love most other Aveda products and the Moroccan Oil seemed to be weighing my fine hair down. I was skeptical, however of the size of the bottle for the price ($27) so I used a coupon to get a tiny tiny sample first. Literally used 2, maybe 3 drops in place of my Moroccan oil and expected a day of annoying static and frizzy ends. To my surprise, my hair seemed to dry faster than usual during blow dry and the end result was soft, non staticky hair that was moisturized but not weighed down at all. I think I'd try an additional drop tomorrow but so far loving the results!! Amazing smell as usual, not my fav from Aveda but still natural and clean smelling.