April 16, 2014 | 1714 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dermaveen - Soap Free Cleansing Bar

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 12:25:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

At $9 a bar this isn't cheap, but it is in line with the price of other soap free bar cleansers in Australia such as Cetaphil. It contains 25% oatmeal for soothing irritated skin. It lathers up well enough to remove light makeup and chemical based sunscreens, and it has a mild, oatmeal smell. The texture of the bar is quite hard so it lasts a while, and that makes it better value than something like Dove which is much cheaper but turns to mush in a couple of weeks. I have been using this for about a month now and my skin looks no different than when I use a bar of good quality soap. For the record I do not have easily irritated skin, Over the years I've tried quite a few soap free bar cleansers and think that for someone with normal skin, they're really not worth the money. I tend to use a good quality bar of castile soap made with olive oil which costs about $2 a bar and this works beautifully on my normal but ageing skin. We're really conned when it comes to skin care.