Organix Kukui Oil Conditioner

3.4

on 2/26/2015 9:23:00 PM

I have medium-thick wavy hair and can usually skip washing every 1-2 days. Not with this. I had to wash every day because this left an oily residue on my roots. I'm constantly trying new conditioners and have never had this problem, not even with other organix ones. I've recently switched to a BeeKind conditioner sample from my Birchbox and the problem went away. Also, the smell is really overpowering and too sweet for me.

I think I have pretty much used every organix shampoo and conditioner and it's safe to say that I will never be buying any of their products again. I have used the coconut, Kuikui, and the Brazilian blow out. First use no problem. Second use, OMG, I thought I was going to have to chop off my hair!! No matter what conditioner I applied my hair was so rough and tangled. It happened with each and every one of them. I figured maybe my hair didn't like coconut. I figured let me try a different one. Big mistake samething happened. I wanted to like it because everyone raves about this company. I just don't think it's worth damaging my hair. By the way, my hair is wavy curly/frizzy. 2c/3a hair type. I rather stick with my sulfate shampoo, after all, they keep my hair healthy.

on 11/17/2014 2:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

[Edit: not sure if this conditioner has been reformulated since I wrote my review, but the conditioner in the newly repackaged skinnier bottle has an added vanilla scent so it's like a vanilla nut smell vs. the scent of the product that came in the flatter pancake shaped bottle which was kind of floral/nutty.]

This conditioner makes my hair sooooo glossy, it's ridiculous! The scent is amazing but I'm not sure how to describe it... it smells fresh and delicious but not super perfumey or overpowering. It's thick in texture but not super heavy; it turns thin once it touches your hair. If your hair gets super dry, you may need a more emollient conditioner.

Whether or not I let my hair air dry or blow it out straight or use a diffuser to add waves, my hair always comes out glossy like I drizzled clear lip gloss over each strand. And I know it's just this conditioner and not due to the matching Kukui Oil shampoo since I don't always use it with its matching shampoo and my hair still comes out glossy.

I wish it came in a larger size and a different bottle. The almost pancake-like shape of the bottle can be kind of clumsy. Otherwise it's a great sulfate-free, cruelty-free drugstore product that I'll definitely buy again.

on 10/21/2014 7:56:00 PM

This isn't the worst organix conditioner but it's not as amazing as it looked.
After a year of using the coconut milk one I wanted to try something different. This hasn't dried out my hair like a few of the others, but it doesn't make it silky soft or detangle like the coconut milk conditioner does. It smells good but the scent fades away quickly. It's just not for my hair but could work for others.

on 8/17/2014 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

This conditioner was just so-so for me. I have fine, coily/kinky 3C/4A type hair for reference. I loved the smell and the thick creamy consistency and it did make my hair soft but I got the same results as I do with Aussie 3 minute miracle. I didn't even finish the bottle because I noticed more breakage and shedding than usual after the third use. It's a shame, I really wanted to like this line of products, the price is right and they have great ingredients.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

My coarse, wavy hair loves this. This conditioner was nice & thick & my hair was soft & shiny after use. The scent is a little heavy but it's not too overpowering. Will repurchase.

on 5/8/2014 1:09:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I love this! The best conditioner from Organix. This is the only product that has a long lasting wonderfull smell(to the second day). It made my course shair shiny, after the first use I felt my hair was stronger and thicker. The formula is creamy so it lathers perfectly. It actually even did help with my hair frizzing.
Will definetely buy again!

on 1/9/2014 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I picked this up from Walgreens along with the Sea Minerals conditioner from Organix. It has a Finesse-like smell if you have ever tried that before. It is a strong scent too. Kukui oil is actually pretty high on the ingredient list and it has a couple of cones which my hair doesn't mind. I just make sure to clarify every now and then. It gave decent slip but not as much as the Sea Minerals conditioner. It does hydrate and soften well and keeps frizz down. My hair looks shiny and it didn't pull out my curls. This is working out for me in the winter time slightly better than the Sea Minerals conditioner due to the fact that it doesn't contain as much glycerin. If you enjoy using Organix products and have had luck with many of the products in general then you will like this.

on 1/6/2014 5:21:00 PM

So I tried this Organix NEW conditioner. And I have to say compared to another Organix one I was using... I LOVE IT. I was about to give up on Organix and find another organic brand of conditioner because these keep my forehead from breaking out but they were just... okay for my hair and my hair was starting to dry out and just look thick and dull.

One use of this on the ends of my hair and the Sea Mineral Shampoo on my scalp and the next morning my hair was SHINY and SOFT. Love it! The smell is fine, just a general clean smell which isn't bad but not as yummy as the others. I will update this after I finish the bottle to see if there is any residue or long term affects. But for right now... my HG Conditioner!!

(I also reviewed the Sea Mineral Shampoo)