Organix Kukui Oil Conditioner

3.6

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This conditioner is perfect for my course, often times frizzy, thick, processed hair! Super thick and smells like the Hawaii. I can see how this intense conditioner may be too heavy duty for people without thick, coarse, dry hair like mine..but for me and others with the same hair issues, this product is tops!

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I love this conditioner, I have very thick, dry and dull hair and been trying to find some shampoo that helps me get it to look like a real person's hair, so I decided to give a try to the Organix products since I read very good reviews of it's coconut line. I went to the nearest drugstore and started checking all the Organix lines in order to choose the one that suited my hair type the better, so I decided to go for the Kukui Conditioner as it says hydrates and defrizz (my life long battle with friizz is coming to and end!!!) and combine it with the Awapuhi ginger shampoo (this one is for repair hair), I decided to combine both lines for a fuller range of benefits and it's awesome, I've been using them for over a month and the change in my hair is undeniable!, it's shinier and smoother. The only thing I don't like that much about this conditioner is the smell (I prefer frutier and freshers scents instead of the nutty ones).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I keep trying so that I can use up the bottle, but it's just not good. The worst of the Organix conditioners, IMO. I have thin-stranded but dense, color-treated hair. This leaves it dried out and impossible to even run my fingers through when wet. Feels like it just sits on hair and never penetrates it.
Also doesn't help frizz, as claimed.

Love this conditioner. Leaves my skin very smooth and glossy. Definitely my favourite from the Organix line (have tried all of them), I was not impressed with the rest of them.

I love this conditioner! I have tried several products from the Organix line and this is my favourite one yet. I have already repurchased it twice, and will probably continue to do so.
I have not tried the shampoo version yet, but I have used it in combination with different Organix and Live Clean products.
The bottle is sleek and black, and the smell is not the best I've tried, but still good. I have wavy, blonde hair, it is currently shoulder length, but I have used this when I had very long hair as well. and this has always done a good job of conditioning it.
This leaves my hair soft and shiny, and very healthy looking. It does not weigh my hair down at all. I find a lot of products either leave my hair poofy looking or too limp, but this does a good job of keeping it a little more defined and lively looking.
I was surprised to see the bad reviews, I know no product can work for everyone, but my experience with this product has been excellent. Would recommend to people with similar hair types.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have re-bought this product twice now. I absolutely love how good it makes my hair smell!
It reminds me of a kind of hawaiin fruity, nutty smell..
Comparing it to other conditioners I've used so far, this is definitely the best one yet.
It isn't as heavy as others that I have used on my hair but still makes my hair feel more conditioned than any other ones I have used.
The bottle shape is cute but is quite annoying as there will still be so much in there yet you have to squeeze the wide sides as the shape is a bit impractical.

The brand Organix always goes on sale too which is a plus, I don't think I've even bought it for it's original price yet by the time I have to get another one! I'll probably jinx myself on that one now though.

I do have to say this may not be the best conditioner for hair that goes oily quickly.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This shampoo/conditioner combination is one of the worst I've tried. It turned my otherwise reasonably healthy hair into straw. Kukui oil on its own is so wonderful, but this formulation is awful. My hair's overall condition improved once I stopped using the combination.

I have medium-thick wavy hair and can usually skip washing every 1-2 days. Not with this. I had to wash every day because this left an oily residue on my roots. I'm constantly trying new conditioners and have never had this problem, not even with other organix ones. I've recently switched to a BeeKind conditioner sample from my Birchbox and the problem went away. Also, the smell is really overpowering and too sweet for me.

I think I have pretty much used every organix shampoo and conditioner and it's safe to say that I will never be buying any of their products again. I have used the coconut, Kuikui, and the Brazilian blow out. First use no problem. Second use, OMG, I thought I was going to have to chop off my hair!! No matter what conditioner I applied my hair was so rough and tangled. It happened with each and every one of them. I figured maybe my hair didn't like coconut. I figured let me try a different one. Big mistake samething happened. I wanted to like it because everyone raves about this company. I just don't think it's worth damaging my hair. By the way, my hair is wavy curly/frizzy. 2c/3a hair type. I rather stick with my sulfate shampoo, after all, they keep my hair healthy.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

[Edit: not sure if this conditioner has been reformulated since I wrote my review, but the conditioner in the newly repackaged skinnier bottle has an added vanilla scent so it's like a vanilla nut smell vs. the scent of the product that came in the flatter pancake shaped bottle which was kind of floral/nutty.]

This conditioner makes my hair sooooo glossy, it's ridiculous! The scent is amazing but I'm not sure how to describe it... it smells fresh and delicious but not super perfumey or overpowering. It's thick in texture but not super heavy; it turns thin once it touches your hair. If your hair gets super dry, you may need a more emollient conditioner.

Whether or not I let my hair air dry or blow it out straight or use a diffuser to add waves, my hair always comes out glossy like I drizzled clear lip gloss over each strand. And I know it's just this conditioner and not due to the matching Kukui Oil shampoo since I don't always use it with its matching shampoo and my hair still comes out glossy.

I wish it came in a larger size and a different bottle. The almost pancake-like shape of the bottle can be kind of clumsy. Otherwise it's a great sulfate-free, cruelty-free drugstore product that I'll definitely buy again.

Top Rated Organix Products