Organix Sea Mineral Moisture

3.9

Water (Aqua), Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Deep Sea Minerals, Green Algae, Sea Kelp, Albumen, Panthenol, Dimethicone, Amodimethicone, Glycol Stearate, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-6, Polyquaternium-10, Laureth-4, Laureth-23, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trideceth-12, Tetrasodium Edta, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate.

I actually really like the shampoo but hated the smell. I have very thick coarse dry hair that feels rough and tangled oh did I mention my hair is straight and really long. You can imagine the tangles and snags I get but with this shampoo and conditioner my hair didn't really give me problems I actually liked this a lot that I want to try the cherry blossom next. My hair felt soft it was shiney and more manageable of course. It cleanses well it didn't dry my scalp out either I'm currently using living proof right now and it's a huge difference but if I ever need a drug store alternative this will be my go to

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this because I thought it smelled so good. Unfortunately, this made my very thick/fine/long hair somehow feel goopy and straw like at the same time. Maybe it would work better on other hair types, but this was a huge miss for me.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I have problems with most shampoos leaving my my hair feeling like "whipped" feeling, like dry, not wanting to do anything and squeaky clean. It also doesn't help that I have a dry scalp, so it's not like my hair bathes in it's own oil to begin with. Not sure where it comes from but I've always had problems buying shampoo (except Sleek.look from mid 2000s, that one was a keeper, even though it had silicones in it).

CONS: Yeah, I'm getting the same result as I usually do with this shampoo... dry hair that feels like it's been aggressively tamed. Even though Sodium C14-C16 Olefin Sulfonate is supposed to be less drying than sulfates, I think it's just as bad. I also tried a Hask shampoo that had this ingredient and I'm getting the same reaction.

OTHER: This is quite heavily scented. It smells like a too intense beachy scent that went blatantly artificial, and now that I think of it, Sprite, like that other reviewer mentioned.

I bought both the Shampoo & Conditioner, buy 1 get one free. ORGANIX products are great! Has a very aquatic scent to this. To me, kind of has that fresh clean scent that Amplify shampoo has! It soaps up nicely, conditioner is thick! I have short hair, use size of dime each. Ill definitely purchase these again! My opinion, well worth it!!!!!!

The first thing that comes to mind when smelling this, is SPRITE. Yes, the famous refreshing drink. I can't think of any other thing. Maybe a pool?

It does not lather much, and upon rinsing, it leaves my hair feeling clean but not stripped. However, it does not leave your hair feeling that soft, and when using conditioner or a leave in along with this shampoo, my hair gets drier during the day, like crunchy. Besides all that, I've noticed a lot more hair falling out, and it gets oily quicker.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This shampoo is on the drying side so I would recommend keeping it handy as a weekly clarifying shampoo, as it will cleanse your scalp squeaky-clean and if you have fine hair, therefore shampoo 3x week, you will earn yourself a dry, itchy scalp. Another good insurance policy to take out in order to prevent dehydrating your already split ends is to rub any conditioner you have on your tips pre-shampoo. If used sparingly, you will see improved elasticity of hair and reduced breakage without lifeless stripping. It smells very nice, lathers extremely well so a little goes a very long way and a bottle dispenses just the right amount per squeeze. I think those with oily scalp but with coarser hair would love this shampoo best. Extremely dry, brittle hair should avoid using this.

This is the second time I've purchased a set of products from Organix. After the first set of products I bought (from the Moroccan Argan Oil line) absolutely bombed for me, this was me giving Organix a second chance after at least 2 years. I purchased most of the Sea Mineral Moisture system in hopes of turning slowing down the sudden hair splitting I was experiencing (I was due for a trim, but I've never had split ends like this until after I switched off of the Tresemme Keratin Smooth system I had been using for 2 years).

I was sold on the incredible alcoholic mixed-drink smell of the Sea Mineral Moisture products, but unfortunately that's only one of 2 good points for this shampoo. My boyfriend also commented that my hair was soft and touchable again, but I noticed that my split ends were worsening throughout the use of this product.

Additionally, I had the same problem with this system that steered me away from Organix in the first place--the bottles come with 13oz of product, which I had used up in about 2 months compared to the 6 months my shampoos tend to last. This shampoo would clarify my hair and scalp so well too that it would leave my strands feeling squeaky dry--in the shower! So I would use a handful of conditioner at a time to remedy the dryness, and found that the deep conditioner from this same line was more effective than the regular conditioner, though I interchanged both throughout the 2 months I used the system and still didn't quite have the split end issue resolved.

I love that this shampoo smelled amazing and cleaned my hair especially well, but to leave it dried and not at least slowing the end-splitting I was experiencing and on top of that running out of product in 2 months, I would rather invest my money back into the Tresemme products I had been consistently using for 2 years.

This Product, smelt amazing however because I'm blonde I noticed it made my hair extra yellow toned and also made my roots oily. If you have brown or black hair that is dry or you don't suffer from oily roots. I highly do recommend this product. However for what its worth I think their are plenty of other products from your local drug store that offer more product for less of the price.

xoxo

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm torn. I find my hair is shiny and more tame when using this. It does feel soft. BUT I really am not a fan of the smell and my hair gets very greasy fast with it. I use this with the matching conditioner and am not sure which one (if not both) is too heavy for my hair. Might try one of the coconut ones from this brand next... Would not repurchase

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Ive always had problems with this brand of shampoo and conditioners. After many times of trying different types of this product this has to be by far one of the worst for me. I have very dry hair due to dying it and I was looking for a product that would replenish the moisture back into my hair and make it shiny again. This did nothing for my hair except dry it out and leave it in knots. I had to use half of my detangled bottle to get the nots out. And to top that off to me the smell was not pleasant either.It just smells like salt water and I personally do not like that scent. But my hair is still dry and it wasn't this dry before I washed it with this shampoo. (i did use the conditioner after however this didn't do much because their conditioner was awful as too).

Top Rated Organix Products