Becca Rose Gold Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Powder

on 4/13/2015 10:04:00 AM

Hands down, my favorite highlighter! The texture of this product is amazing.. So finely milled and takes the smallest dab of your brush to pick up product. I'm an NW 20 for reference, and this shade gives me the perfect glow! I even like to use it on lazy days as a shadow on my lid and then just pop some bronzer in my crease. This product is expensive, but it's worth every penny!

on 9/13/2014 11:50:00 PM

I spent a ridiculous amount of money on this because I was thinking about getting a high-end highlighter for weeks, and then I saw Jaclyn Hill's August Favorites video and I was sold on the Rose Gold shade. I paid NZ$70 including shipping which is really crazy for one product. But I am in love!! When I first got it I was worried it may be too dark for my skin tone but it is perfection. It gives me a bronzed glow and it isn't glittery, just shimmering and soft. Plus, it lasts all day, and I only need a tiny amount for my cheeks it will last me a long, long time. I love using it as an eyeshadow too. Packaging is nice and sturdy.

Edit: While I still love this and use it every day, I have noticed it is maybe a tad too dark for me to use as a highlighter alone. I have noticed as I have with ALL other highlighters I have tried it is glittery in daylight, but glowy in low light. Still on the hunt for a perfect GLOWY highlighter.

on 8/5/2014 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was love at first sight, and I wasn't going home without buying it. I have the newer version of Rose Gold that is flatl pressed in the compact. I think all of Becca's packaging is unique. It sort of looks like a flying saucer or something unusual. The only thing that would be better to me is Art Deco metal compacts for this price, but so far only Besame and Lipstick Queen have gone that route. Rose Gold powder is a golden soft peach shade and I think it will work for many skin tones from fair to medium-tan. I have neutral coloring and it doesn't look too golden, peach, or pink. When I first opened the compact I was impressed with how it appears to be metallic, but on your skin it can give off different effects depending on the light and how much you use.

This is now sold at Ulta along with a newer shade (which might be exclusive to Ulta) in Champagne Gold for $38. So they're beating Sephora because it's a larger display offering more shades from Becca.

on 1/6/2014 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Gave this a try on my NW45ish dry skin and it was not a good look. Neither the color nor the formula were for me. No matter what tool I used (BB, fan brush, stipple, RT EFB, RT buffing brush), it just didn't blend and just sat there on my moisturized, primed, foundation-ed skin and emphasized every.single.pore. I returned it and got the liquid version in Topaz which I love. I gave the packaging 2 lippies simply because it is not aesthetically pleasing to me, but that's just me. It was easy to open/close and the mirror was just fine.