Boots No7 - Stay Perfect Shine Free Primer

4.4

on 4/6/2015 6:16:00 AM

Pros:
- really smooth base (similar to benefit porefessional)
- contains burdock extract to prevent blemishes,
- contains vitamins A and E to condition and revitalise skin
- didn't break out
- makes foundation look flawless
- packaging is handy

Cons:
- normal price = $12-$13 (definitely wait for a sale on drugstore.com)
- only 20ml/0.67 fl.oz.
- doesn't help control oil as long, probably 4-5 hours before I get oily
(supposedly has microsponges to help balance oil production)

Great product overall and would definitely repurchase

on 12/31/2014 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This primer definitely prolongs the wear of my foundation. Even at the end of a long workday, my makeup looks flawless.

It really smooths out my skin, and makes it feel so velvety. I haven't noticed it minimizing my pores, but then again, I don't have any problems with my pores.

I really like this primer, I wouldn't say it's a love, but I would repurchase it again.

on 5/11/2014 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's alright.... I wanted to like it but the texture feels dry. It feels as though it just sits on my skin. I'm not letting it go to waste though.
I might recommend it if you don't wear any makeup on top of the primer, but not otherwise.

Edit (8/5): I found it all depends on the foundation and moisturizer you use :) I was using a sunscreen/moisturizer combo and switched to a moisturizer and sunscreen separate and this primer became perfect :) I love love love it!!!!

on 2/24/2014 8:42:00 PM

Love this primer! It seriously diminished the appearance of my pores and made all my makeup apply much smoother. My makeup is in place and shine free all day, right up until night when I take it off. In my opinion it is a dupe for Benefit's The Porefessional, the list of ingredients is very similar and the texture and appearance on your face is almost identical at a third of the cost.

on 1/6/2014 9:22:00 AM

I'm going to give this a 4, because it did break me out, but I'm sensitive to silicones. And before it did this it went on beautifully! Really made my skin feel like satin! Now if I could just find something that does that, that I'm not sensitive to :/