October 26, 2014 | 1027 users online

Eye Shadow - L.A. Colors - Trios (All Shades)

rated 4.0(1 review)

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 2:15:00 AM More reviews by CaveofWonders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to make a review on what I think overall of L.A. Colors eyeshadow trio palettes without specification to only one palette. I have quite a few of these trios so I want to share my thoughts on them as a whole.
First as this is a cheap, inexpensive brand i don't expect much of the packaging. Some are hard to open. The eyeshadow pots have a flower imprint and come with a sponge tip applicator that i usually toss out. When these trios first came out i know there were other shades that didn't make it as a permanent stay on the line so those didn't really have a flower imprint. I don't know if those are still sold but those could be reviewed here too if anyone had or has those.
So all these eye shadows are generally found at dollar stores. The quality i have found is very good for the most part. These are nicely pigmented shadows. Keep in mind what you see in the store that is shimmery and pretty is usually an over spray. Almost all colors are matte or satin with only shimmer as an over spray until you use that top layer and its only matte underneath. That's one point off. Some of the colors are very pigmented but some apply a bit patchy & uneven because they are so soft its chalky. if that makes sense. Also i recommend using these on top of an eyeshadow base stick to bring out the best in them. L.A. Colors sells eyeshadow sticks too that are similar to the NYX ones. Lasting power on these shadows really depends on which primers you're using and bases. I find these last beautifully with a good primer and a good base.
My favorite trio is a new one they recently added that is just called natural. It has pretty natural colors like a skin tone shade, a dark brown and a matte beige. I also like the water lily trio. A lot of these palettes have bright colors and lots of pinks. There's also one for a classic black and grey smokey eye.
Overall i really like these trios. I rate them 4 out of 5 for decent pigmentation, easy to work with, decent color array and affordable.