Garnier Nourishing Cleansing Oil

3.5

Mineral Oil, Zea,Mays/Corn Germ Oil, Polysorbate 85, Carthamus Tinctorius,Oil/Safflower Seed Oil, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate,,Sorbitan Trioleate, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil/Jojoba Seed,Oil, Glycerin, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Squalane,,Parfum/Fragrance, Water, Propylene Glycol, Tocopherol, Linalool, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl,Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Isopropyl, Myristate, Moringa Oleifera Seed Oil, Alpha-Isomethyl, Ionone, Imperata Cylindrica Root Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Carbomer, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer.

on 3/3/2015 5:29:00 PM

I was really excited to try this product, as the product I currently use, Shiseido's Perfect Liquid is pretty hard to find. The Garnier oil is not even remotely in the same league. It's thick, almost the consistency of olive oil, and does not rinse off easily. I eventually used a washcloth to try to remove the oil, but I had to use cleaner after that as well. I noticed a few blemishes popped up after I used this. Am returning it.

on 2/25/2015 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have used up a whole bottle of this stuff and already repurchased, so I think I can give a good review. For me, this oil was amazing! I have combination/oily skin that is prone to breakouts and I bought this because I started using physical sunscreens and really needed something to take it off easily. This is it! It also takes off any makeup I wore that day really easily.:) AND ALSO, since using this my skin has been so nice looking. Like no acne or pimples, not blackheads, nothing. Just clear and healthy skin.:) This is how I use it:

1.) apply three pumps to my dry face and rub in gentle circular motions all over my face for about 2-3 minutes (this is actually really relaxing, just be sure to be gentle!)

2.) since I shower at night I hop right in the shower after using this and just let the water rinse it off. It rinses off great!

3.) I then follow with my acne.org cleanser and cleanse regularly

My skin is left soft and smooth and really clean I literally love it.

on 2/25/2015 8:54:00 PM

I like this product. I think my skin looks much nicer since I have started using it. Here is my routine: 1. First, take off makeup with cleansing oil. 2. Now, use Cetaphil to wash face. 3, Apply a toner made for dry skin, 4. Apply Olay serum and let it soak in. 5. Apply Olay moisturizer.

In addition, exfoliate once or twice a week, and/or use a hydrating mask. Perfect!

I would agree with the other reviews that the product needs to be repackaged-leakage can be a problem.

on 2/16/2015 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

So far this is working for me. I used 2-3 pumps and gently massage around face and eyes, before getting into shower. Of course, eye makeup already removed with fav for years, the blue Maybelline Eye Makeup Remover. Just wet your hands for oil to emulsify (turns creamy).

Have that great little pink scrubber from Sephora and will used that for a couple of minutes in shower. The scrubber is very gentle and after, face feels very clean. The oil has a slight, maybe fruity scent, and not at all like the DHC, which is more veggie/medicinal. Much cheaper than DHC but can only find at Target.

Other times, clean face at sink and rinse off with a cloth I picked up Tuesday Morning here in Pennsylvania. It's called the "all natural makeup remover cloth". Made in Japan but not the popular scratchy one that everyone raves about for the exfoliation. This is very soft and almost looks like fur!

If any reaction to Garnier product will update. For reference: Irish, medium/fair, dry skin in winter with heating, some wrinkling...

on 2/6/2015 7:14:00 AM

This is the third brand of facial cleansing oil I've tried (Murad, DHC or whatever the letters are, and Garnier; I've since gone on to Philosophy).

I have one word about my Garnier Nourishing Cleansing Oil experience: DON'T.

Why not? It contains mineral oil. This makes it heavy, difficult to remove - even when you use it in the shower and have benefit of good water pressure to rinse it off - and never quite feel clean.

When my bottle of the Philosophy product arrived in the mail, I threw out the Garnier even though it was more than three-quarters full. I've NEVER done that before.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

The bad reviews are from people who don't know how to use this product. It's meant for dry skin that often feels tight and uncomfortable.
If you have skin that feels like this, your cleansing regime should be something like:

Step 1) Makeup cleanser
Step 2) Oil cleanser (This is where this product plays out)
Step 3) Gentle exfoliator
And then your toner/serum, then moisturizer.

This product works wonderfully if used correctly and it makes my skin feel so soft and lovely! I would recommend to those with dry skin :D

on 1/27/2015 12:53:00 AM

I used cleansing oil for a long time & then forsook it for cold cream, which was much cheaper and easier to find. However, it requires a separate cleanser so I wasn't saving much after all. Then I missed the convenience of the Asian one-step oils that I used before, but didn't want to waste time hunting them down online. It was Garnier to the rescue - finally, a good oil that I could find in any drugstore. It works well, it's cheap, and it smells like honeydew melon! The pump is a bit fiddly and the closure can leak a little, so it should be transferred to a better container for travel.

on 1/19/2015 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my first cleansing oil purchase. I really want to like it, especially since I think it does a decent job of removing makeup (face + eyes), but there is so much fuss and time involved with it that I am a little discouraged. I use it as directed, on a dry face with dry hands, but when it comes time to emulsify it with water it turns into a pasty white mess that becomes difficult to remove with water alone, so I typically end up doing the double cleanse method. I'm not sure if it has something to do with my relatively hard water, because I read the other reviews and wonder why I can't achieve the same results? Oh well, I'll continue using it for double cleansing, but won't be repurchasing when the bottle runs out.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I don't really care for this product since it doesn't do a good job removing my makeup. Meh. The bottle leaks. I wish there was a way to lock the pump in place.

on 1/9/2015 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love this stuff!!!
It took off my stubborn mascara and eyeliner very easily.
It's all about making sure you massage it in well (with dry hands and face first) and I used a cleanser to remove the excess. This is mostly for makeup removal not really just for a face cleanser because I have oily skin, BUT I love that IT DID NOT IRRITATE MY EYES.