September 2, 2014 | 1234 users online

Cleansers - Garnier - Nourishing Cleansing Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2014 1:00:00 AM More reviews by ericaphillips

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this product. I've had it for a few weeks and am about 75% through the bottle. It completely removes my face make up and leaves a little eye make up, if I've worn liquid liner or just applied a lot of kohl liner. I only use it at night to remove make up and cleanse my skin. I have VERY dry skin. This oil has definitely helped with this. I will repurchase. The only complaint is that it leaves a milky film over my eyes. It doesn't hurt or burn, but it's annoying. I also really massage it into my lashes to get as much mascara and liner off. Wearing normal daily make up, this product works.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2014 2:39:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

This was just whatever. I make something like this in my kitchen and have better results with nothing bad in it and it will cost a lot less.
If you like the oil cleansing method then there are better ones out there than this and you can make your own. If you want it to emulsify and rinse more easily you can buy Polysorbate 80 on amazon and make your own just do some google searches. I like mine to emulsify in order to rinse off easily and it makes me feel cleaner. As for me I have decided that oil cleansing is a NO GO for my oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2014 11:35:00 AM More reviews by tiaracymone

This now become a staple in my skin are routine . I have had terrible acne since middle school but this in conjunction with the garner cream cleanser has not only cleared it up but brightened my whole complexion.I use the oil at night regardless of whether or not I have on makeup . I follow the Asian 424 method after finding this. After rubbing the oil in for 4 minutes you can really feel the sebum from clogged pores just roll out . Then I rinse the oil off and wash with the cream cleanser for 2 minutes . My skin usually feels dry when using other products but this makes my skin soft like a baby's and feels deeply cleaned.Afterwards I put on just a dab of oil free moisturizer by the cvs brand. I would love to use a garner moisturizer for consistency but haven't seen just a simple oil free lotion to use yet. Use this for a week and I swear you will see a difference in your skin .

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 1:16:00 AM More reviews by BrieYeo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my miracle skin cleanser. I have tried various other cleansers and acne medications but my skin always flushes out or becomes even dryer than it already is, so I've been on the hunt for something new and effective. I found this at my local store one morning and decided to take a leap of faith, hoping and praying that the oil wouldn't turn me into a pepperoni face. That night I put two pumps onto my dry fingers and applied it to my dry skin massaging it all around and eventually adding water. I now wash my face with it every night before bed applying Clean and Clear's Dual Action Moisturizer after I pat my face dry. I wear waterproof eye makeup as well and this took it off gently and quickly. There is a mix of reviews on this product, but my personal opinion is that it is awesome! The smell is amazing and my skin has never looked or felt so healthy and soft before. I will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2014 2:22:00 AM More reviews by jaqi16

I really like this, it takes off all my makeup. And seems to wash away cleanly, leaving the skin extremely moisturized. I donít trust it washes away completely though and have been following with a cream cleanser. I have been reading a lot about the benefit of pre-cleansing and feel this step is important. I really like this product for pre-cleansing, it's very gentle and easily takes off sunscreen and eye makeup without any tugging. Just apply one pump to dry skin, warm in dry hands and apply to skin, rub gently then rinse.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2014 9:14:00 AM More reviews by stylesnburberry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wanted to buy a cleansing oil to have an easier time taking off my makeup at night so I wanted to start off with something inexpensive. I have never used one before so I have nothing to compare it too. While I don't have dry skin this is the only cleansing oil garner made. I used this first than washed my face with a facial cleanser that removes makeup. I thought it was too oily! Even after I washed my face my skin didn't feel clean, but greasy. It did take most of my makeup off. A lot better than other makeup removal products but I just didn't like all that oil sitting on my face. I would also use it for my eye makeup but if I had a lot on, I would need to use a eye makeup remover. I would definitely recommend washing your face after with a cleanser as I've heard people do it in the board rooms and it makes a difference than just having the oil sit on your face. So now i really like using cleansing oils, but this one is not for me. I will definitely be looking into buying another one better suited for my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2014 7:23:00 AM More reviews by mirandamall

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Tried it a few times and promptly returned it. It has an unpleasant chemically smell and while I have dry cheeks, it left my whole face feeling like a clogged oil slick which had to be washed two or three times more in order to feel like the stuff had been removed from blocking my pores

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2014 6:26:00 AM More reviews by madein83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just can't with this.

This was my first cleansing oil so I don't have any to compare it to.. But I checked reviews on it and since I have dry skin I figured why not. So I purchased this yesterday and used it at the end of the night and I guess it was okay.. Followed the directions, ect ect.

I applied my HG Pond's moisturizer after and got into bed and noticed my face feeling really itchy. I got up and saw my face got really red and blotchy so I straight up rinsed off my face and put some aloe vera on the areas. I guess I got an allergic reaction or something which is unfortunate cause I really wanted to like this product. It smells amazing.

Off topic, I got the same reaction to a medicated Clean & Clear toner. I figured since the cleanser was 'gentle' on skin it would work out.. But I guess it wasn't for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2014 10:20:00 AM More reviews by bih80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Finally! A drugstore cleansing oil that does a pretty good job removing my makeup and doesn't dry out my skin! I had been using either the MAC cleansing oil or the Boscia but those are always so expensive. I think I paid for this Garnier one less than $5 because it was on sale and I had a coupon. I've used it now all week and no breakouts, takes off about 90% of my makeup, smells nice and doesn't leave me feeling oily or dry. A great alternative to the higher end ones.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 4:56:00 AM More reviews by Flaneuz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is great for removing make-up without causing eye-redness or irritation. It also performs perfectly well as a daily cleanser.

For make-up removal, I like to follow the instructions (apply directly to dry face) but for my eye area, I use cotton pads; by applying it this way, I can ensure that none/very little actually gets in my eyes. I do go through a few pads, but I think it's worth the extra effort.

I like to apply and rinse a second time, following make-up removal. I also use this on make-up free skin in the place of my usual cleanser.

I have very oily skin, but don't find this dry skin formula to be a problem. On the contrary- I think it has helped control the oil production on my T-zone. Fellow oilies might find they don't need to follow it up with a moisturizer.

I find the scent to be strong, though natural-smelling and pleasant.