Garnier Nourishing Cleansing Oil

3.4

Mineral Oil, Zea,Mays/Corn Germ Oil, Polysorbate 85, Carthamus Tinctorius,Oil/Safflower Seed Oil, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate,,Sorbitan Trioleate, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil/Jojoba Seed,Oil, Glycerin, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Squalane,,Parfum/Fragrance, Water, Propylene Glycol, Tocopherol, Linalool, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl,Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Isopropyl, Myristate, Moringa Oleifera Seed Oil, Alpha-Isomethyl, Ionone, Imperata Cylindrica Root Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Carbomer, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this stuff!! I have dry, sensitive skin (due to Retin-A) and this is my favorite night-time cleanser/makeup remover. I use this as a 1-step cleanser to remove all eye makeup and foundation etc. With this, I don't feel the need to follow up with a 2nd cleanser - I feel this helped my acne/acne marks heal. I'm SO upset to hear that this has been discontinued, and I haven't been able to find it anywhere! This is so good I may order a few online.

Other cleansing oils i've tried:
Neutrogena- this was OK - took more effort to get eyemakeup off. I needed a 2nd cleanser
Mac Cleanse Off Oil- this started my love of cleansing oils. Expensive.
Johnson's Baby Oil- Great job getting off eye makeup, I don't use this on my face though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

So where do I begin with this oil. The smell is divine and I like the texture. It's not too thick which I like because some cleansing oils, like eclos, is so thick it's hard to spread. However, it broke me out really bad. Using this for couple of days was fine, my skin didn't react to it at all. But maybe a week later I slowly started to break out along my jaw line and on my cheeks. It was awful!! I stopped using it and my skin calmed down. I wasn't sure if it was the cleasning oil so I went back to it again and yes I broke out like crazy. So yeah definitely not a keeper in my skin care. Now I use coconut oil and it works perfectly for me! Would I recommend this product? No. In fact I wouldn't recommend Garnier one bit because I've had trouble with that line in the past. I used their pure clean shampoo which gave me eternal dandruff. To this day I'm still having trouble getting rid of my dandruff. Also I used their eye roller gel and that burned and watered my eyes so bad within a couple of seconds I had to wash it off! However, people do react to products differently and should try things with an open mind. For me garnier products just don't work. If it works for you then go for it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This product is not expensive but it's almost the only positive thing that I can say. The packaging leak everywhere, the product does not completely clean makeup, the oil leave a weird oily residue behind, and my skin just do not feel clean after using it. I will not purchase.

The problem with this product is that it doesn't completely wash off afterwards, you need another cleanser to get it off. It doesn't take off all my makeup either, especially my eye makeup. I typically will have to wipe my face off with some micellar water to make sure all my makeup is off. I do use a cleanser afterwards, but it is medicated so that cleanser is not meant to take off all my makeup. That was one of the major reasons I got this product to see if it would be able to take all my make up off, so my cleanser can well just medicate lol. The packaging is awful, this product leaks and when I grab the bottle I always get oil on my hand or it gets on the counter.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was the first cleansing oil I tried and this broke me out badly. I have oily acne prone skin with large pores, but this gave me tons of white heads on my T-zone and cheeks. The nice things I can say about this oil cleanser is that it smells nice and the price is decent. However I will not repurchase this. I've tried other oil cleansers that I liked better, but I guess this can work for someone with dry skin that isn't sensitive. I don't recommend this to anyone with sensitive, acne prone skin with clogged pores.

STAY AWAY.
While this is probably one of the most easily accessible cleansing oils in the American market for the time being, it is my least favorite that I've tried so let me tell you why!
For starters, cleansing oils are meant to emulsify and disappear once water is added. Not the case with this, oily residue stays behind to 'moisturize' the skin. I don't understand why cleansing oils are marketed this way to Americans, like cleansing oils are also moisturizers? Um, no! They are meant to help break down makeup and dirt on the skin to be easily moved and then wash clean. This product may or not have been the cause for some acne I experienced, and it doesn't do what I want of it.
Breakdown-
Good is you want your skin to not be tight after washing, but be warned this could lead to acne and irritation
Bad if you want a clean face or are doing the double cleanse method

Try KOSE Deep Cleansing Oil instead, it's my go-to and it's cheap, $7-9 US

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Back Story: "mature" very oily skin (not acne prone necessarily just a grease ball big time); iam a cleansing oil noob, I tried Clinique Take The Day Off oil & (& also their balm); Clinique's oil was simply awful coz it made my eyelashes break off & fall out! I was not even gonna try another cleansing oil after that but I always like trying new products so I decided I was gonna add this in as an occasional product in the AM to really remove the sebum/oil b4 doing Clinique 3 step but it does cut the oil (I admit somexs I fall asleep w makeup on too shame on me!!), I've just been using it occasionally I'm going to start using it on a reg basis w winter coming my skin never dries up however. It hasn't caused any acne, the smell is fruity (wonder if they're trying to cover up petrol!). It seems a kind of unnecessary extra step since I have Clinique 3 step AM & PM I use a Magic Makeup Eraser then toner/moisturizer as my basic regimen & a masque or scrub cpl x a week. Magic Erasers are $20 ea. but they are an abso Godsend for oily skin as no product is necessary to remove ALL makeup!! My cotton pad w toner is always clear after it. I don't like getting this in my eyes coz I'm prone to sties. I prefer micellar water tbh over oils. Neutrogena also has a DS cleansing oil.

DESPITE the poooooooor packaging ! I STILL WOULD REPURCHASE THIS PRODUCT! I love it so much i review it twice without even knowing! LOL. And I Compared it to another product and I still love this one.

HIGHLY recommd

REVIEW :

I never thought that an oil cleanser would help my supersensitive, oily, acne-prone skin but this stuff blew me away. I've been using it for 2 weeks now and it has not broken me out nor irritated my skin. I use it at night to remove my makeup and cleanse my face-- it rinses well and doesn't leave my face greasy or dry, but very balanced feeling- which I absolutely love. I noticed when I woke up the next morning my face was not greasy at all. WEIRD. I've always had SUCH oily skin and have tried a ton of high end and low end foundations primers and finishing powders but honestly this is the best thing. I think because it is so hydrating it counteracts the production of oil. Over time it's really really helped the texture of my skin and oil control. I wish it didn't smell so.. air freshener-like? but honestly it's more than worth it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this BOGO from Ulta and regret it. I dislike the scent and it doesn't rinse clean the way my softymo oil cleanser did. I have two bottles to get through. Ugh.