August 21, 2014 | 1921 users online

Cleansers - Garnier - Nourishing Cleansing Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 1:16:00 AM More reviews by BrieYeo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my miracle skin cleanser. I have tried various other cleansers and acne medications but my skin always flushes out or becomes even dryer than it already is, so I've been on the hunt for something new and effective. I found this at my local store one morning and decided to take a leap of faith, hoping and praying that the oil wouldn't turn me into a pepperoni face. That night I put two pumps onto my dry fingers and applied it to my dry skin massaging it all around and eventually adding water. I now wash my face with it every night before bed applying Clean and Clear's Dual Action Moisturizer after I pat my face dry. I wear waterproof eye makeup as well and this took it off gently and quickly. There is a mix of reviews on this product, but my personal opinion is that it is awesome! The smell is amazing and my skin has never looked or felt so healthy and soft before. I will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2014 2:22:00 AM More reviews by jaqi16

I really like this, it takes off all my makeup. And seems to wash away cleanly, leaving the skin extremely moisturized. I donít trust it washes away completely though and have been following with a cream cleanser. I have been reading a lot about the benefit of pre-cleansing and feel this step is important. I really like this product for pre-cleansing, it's very gentle and easily takes off sunscreen and eye makeup without any tugging. Just apply one pump to dry skin, warm in dry hands and apply to skin, rub gently then rinse.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2014 9:14:00 AM More reviews by stylesnburberry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wanted to buy a cleansing oil to have an easier time taking off my makeup at night so I wanted to start off with something inexpensive. I have never used one before so I have nothing to compare it too. While I don't have dry skin this is the only cleansing oil garner made. I used this first than washed my face with a facial cleanser that removes makeup. I thought it was too oily! Even after I washed my face my skin didn't feel clean, but greasy. It did take most of my makeup off. A lot better than other makeup removal products but I just didn't like all that oil sitting on my face. I would also use it for my eye makeup but if I had a lot on, I would need to use a eye makeup remover. I would definitely recommend washing your face after with a cleanser as I've heard people do it in the board rooms and it makes a difference than just having the oil sit on your face. So now i really like using cleansing oils, but this one is not for me. I will definitely be looking into buying another one better suited for my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2014 7:23:00 AM More reviews by mirandamall

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Tried it a few times and promptly returned it. It has an unpleasant chemically smell and while I have dry cheeks, it left my whole face feeling like a clogged oil slick which had to be washed two or three times more in order to feel like the stuff had been removed from blocking my pores

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2014 6:26:00 AM More reviews by madein83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just can't with this.

This was my first cleansing oil so I don't have any to compare it to.. But I checked reviews on it and since I have dry skin I figured why not. So I purchased this yesterday and used it at the end of the night and I guess it was okay.. Followed the directions, ect ect.

I applied my HG Pond's moisturizer after and got into bed and noticed my face feeling really itchy. I got up and saw my face got really red and blotchy so I straight up rinsed off my face and put some aloe vera on the areas. I guess I got an allergic reaction or something which is unfortunate cause I really wanted to like this product. It smells amazing.

Off topic, I got the same reaction to a medicated Clean & Clear toner. I figured since the cleanser was 'gentle' on skin it would work out.. But I guess it wasn't for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2014 10:20:00 AM More reviews by bih80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Finally! A drugstore cleansing oil that does a pretty good job removing my makeup and doesn't dry out my skin! I had been using either the MAC cleansing oil or the Boscia but those are always so expensive. I think I paid for this Garnier one less than $5 because it was on sale and I had a coupon. I've used it now all week and no breakouts, takes off about 90% of my makeup, smells nice and doesn't leave me feeling oily or dry. A great alternative to the higher end ones.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 4:56:00 AM More reviews by Flaneuz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is great for removing make-up without causing eye-redness or irritation. It also performs perfectly well as a daily cleanser.

For make-up removal, I like to follow the instructions (apply directly to dry face) but for my eye area, I use cotton pads; by applying it this way, I can ensure that none/very little actually gets in my eyes. I do go through a few pads, but I think it's worth the extra effort.

I like to apply and rinse a second time, following make-up removal. I also use this on make-up free skin in the place of my usual cleanser.

I have very oily skin, but don't find this dry skin formula to be a problem. On the contrary- I think it has helped control the oil production on my T-zone. Fellow oilies might find they don't need to follow it up with a moisturizer.

I find the scent to be strong, though natural-smelling and pleasant.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2014 8:42:00 PM More reviews by Laurad01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought the dry skin version of this oil because that's all my store had in stock. I find this cleansing oil to just be so-so. I have been using oils for a while, both homemade mixes and store bought oils. This one is thicker than I prefer and seems to be hard to get completely off. I prefer the Bobbi Brown Soothing Cleansing Oil. The formulation is much better, but it's much more expensive, which was why I tried this one. Not worth it for me to switch. I'll be repurchasing the BB oil. Wish this had worked for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2014 11:26:00 AM More reviews by megxoxo91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Excellent makeup remover, if you aren't breakout prone. I used this each night for about a week to remove all face and eye makeup and it was awesome, but resulted in many small breakouts (almost rash/allergic reaction seeming) all over my face. The fragrance is very strong and there are a lot more ingredients than just oils. Genuine oils would be less irritating, or a good cleanser as effective, if you have sensitive, acne-prone skin. If I didn't, I know I would love it and repurchase again. :-(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by diepset1

As soon as we are able to take care of ourselves, we are told to use cleansers to rid our skin of dirt, grime, and oil that has formed on our faces. Once we use these soapy, lathery, and scented cleansers, we do clean our faces and rid ourselves of these oils, but getting rid of every bit of oil is not the solution to better skin because you might be getting rid of essential oils that keep your face moisturized. In turn, your skin produces an excess of oil which makes your face shinier than it should be. The same goes for hair, from what I've observed. During the time where there were ancient Romans who actually spoke Latin, (a pretty much dead language now) they used oil to clean themselves. They went to bath houses and used oils as body soap and I guess it worked. Taking that concept, I am all for reverting back to simpler methods. I was putting a lot of different things on my face to make it look better, but the solution is to put less stuff on it or simpler stuff.

That's where this miracle product comes in. After five hours of running around and working in fast food, my face is sweaty and I have makeup on. We're talking about Benefit foundation, mascara, Urban Decay eyeshadow with a primer underneath...the whole thing. The directions on the bottle say to make sure that your face is dry, but I prefer to cleanse in the shower because the steam opens up my pores. I just lather it up on my hands and rub it all over my face. The smell is pleasant...fruity and floral, and the liquid feels more like water than oil. I don't notice how much makeup is off until I have gotten out of the shower. I am patting myself dry and notice how little foundation is coming off. I just missed a spot on my neck while using the cleanser. My eyes don't look a tad bit panda-like, and I use some eye-makeup remover and see very little has been left for a second sweep. My face feels smooth and not tight like if I were to use a soapy cleanser. I do put on moisturizer even after using this because it is a cleanser, not a moisturizer. Before my moisturizer, I use 10% benzoyl peroxide, which can dry up the face a little. I use less moisturizer than I used to before using this cleanser and have noticed my skin showing signs of major improvement. The dark spot on my chin is nearly gone and my skin looks very even. My skin looks like it has a glow to it! The way your skin looks depends on many factors, but what you put on it is a major factor that should not be taken lightly. I really think that I have found my HG facial cleanser. I do not use this cleanser everyday though because skin needs to be exfoliated too. I use this cleanser and St. Ive's scrub and that's all for cleansing the skin. Less is more! Thank you Garnier! The only thing I dislike about this cleanser is how it is packaged. It is messy and the pump is terrible at squirting the cleanser out. I hope they get that fixed, but I will continue using it anyway.