September 23, 2014 | 1418 users online

Cleansers - Garnier - Nourishing Cleansing Oil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by wendycoco

So far this has been the best cleansing oil I've tried. Doesn't fully take off waterproof mascara so I took of a lippie. That being said my clinique take of the day cleansing balm doesn't remove it either.
I've got oily skin and this doesn't break me out at all. After using this or any oil I then wash with cerave. I'm also finding my skin is less oily now that I have been doing this routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by neptunesglow

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this and the price is fantastic. I paid $6 on sale. I cannot use anything that foams to wash with as I have dry sensitive skin. This cuts through heavy duty foundation which is why I tried it.
With a heavy duty foundation, you might want to remove some of the top layer of MU, pat dry lightly and then use the oil. Or, do a quick oil once over and then a second deeper cleaning application. It says to start with a dry face and dry hands. Water will dilute the oil and it won't cut facial oil and MU as well. I use a soft cloth to start the removal process.
Rinses as clean as you could expect an oil cleanser to. I tried using regular oils to remove makeup, but, they never rinse clean and do not get down into the pores where MU loves to settle in like this does. Whatever other ingredients help this oil to rinse away cleanly is worth it.
Does not make skin squeaky clean so naturally oily skins may not love it much.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2014 12:38:00 PM More reviews by celina5847

Smells really nice and works really well. I purchased on clearance for $2.98 but I will not be repurchasing simply because I can get the same results with coconut or jojoba oil which I can also use in my hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by sawg12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So far I really like it. I feel like it keeps my face moisturized as I'm more concerned about wrinkles now than zits. Does a great job of getting makeup off as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Suzaroos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE this cleansing oil. It legit gets all my eye and face makeup off, unless I'm wearing waterproof mascara, in which case I'll use the cleansing oil then my eye makeup remover to get the mascara off. The way I use it is to warm it up in my hands, apply it to my face dry, rub it in really well, wash my face with the Garnier Cream Cleanser [which I also love] then exfoliate and use my toner. I was seriously shocked that I liked this because I've never been a huge fan of Garnier's skincare products...but this is a winnerrrrr. Only negative is the packaging. The oil will drip out of the pump randomly, so I just leave it on top of a little washcloth so my counter doesn't get oily.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2014 1:00:00 AM More reviews by ericaphillips

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this product. I've had it for a few weeks and am about 75% through the bottle. It completely removes my face make up and leaves a little eye make up, if I've worn liquid liner or just applied a lot of kohl liner. I only use it at night to remove make up and cleanse my skin. I have VERY dry skin. This oil has definitely helped with this. I will repurchase. The only complaint is that it leaves a milky film over my eyes. It doesn't hurt or burn, but it's annoying. I also really massage it into my lashes to get as much mascara and liner off. Wearing normal daily make up, this product works.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2014 2:39:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

This was just whatever. I make something like this in my kitchen and have better results with nothing bad in it and it will cost a lot less.
If you like the oil cleansing method then there are better ones out there than this and you can make your own. If you want it to emulsify and rinse more easily you can buy Polysorbate 80 on amazon and make your own just do some google searches. I like mine to emulsify in order to rinse off easily and it makes me feel cleaner. As for me I have decided that oil cleansing is a NO GO for my oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2014 11:35:00 AM More reviews by tiaracymone

This now become a staple in my skin are routine . I have had terrible acne since middle school but this in conjunction with the garner cream cleanser has not only cleared it up but brightened my whole complexion.I use the oil at night regardless of whether or not I have on makeup . I follow the Asian 424 method after finding this. After rubbing the oil in for 4 minutes you can really feel the sebum from clogged pores just roll out . Then I rinse the oil off and wash with the cream cleanser for 2 minutes . My skin usually feels dry when using other products but this makes my skin soft like a baby's and feels deeply cleaned.Afterwards I put on just a dab of oil free moisturizer by the cvs brand. I would love to use a garner moisturizer for consistency but haven't seen just a simple oil free lotion to use yet. Use this for a week and I swear you will see a difference in your skin .

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 1:16:00 AM More reviews by BrieYeo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my miracle skin cleanser. I have tried various other cleansers and acne medications but my skin always flushes out or becomes even dryer than it already is, so I've been on the hunt for something new and effective. I found this at my local store one morning and decided to take a leap of faith, hoping and praying that the oil wouldn't turn me into a pepperoni face. That night I put two pumps onto my dry fingers and applied it to my dry skin massaging it all around and eventually adding water. I now wash my face with it every night before bed applying Clean and Clear's Dual Action Moisturizer after I pat my face dry. I wear waterproof eye makeup as well and this took it off gently and quickly. There is a mix of reviews on this product, but my personal opinion is that it is awesome! The smell is amazing and my skin has never looked or felt so healthy and soft before. I will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2014 2:22:00 AM More reviews by jaqi16

I really like this, it takes off all my makeup. And seems to wash away cleanly, leaving the skin extremely moisturized. I donít trust it washes away completely though and have been following with a cream cleanser. I have been reading a lot about the benefit of pre-cleansing and feel this step is important. I really like this product for pre-cleansing, it's very gentle and easily takes off sunscreen and eye makeup without any tugging. Just apply one pump to dry skin, warm in dry hands and apply to skin, rub gently then rinse.