January 27, 2015 | 1644 users online

Cleansers - Garnier - Nourishing Cleansing Oil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2015 12:53:00 AM More reviews by stellina

I used cleansing oil for a long time & then forsook it for cold cream, which was much cheaper and easier to find. However, it requires a separate cleanser so I wasn't saving much after all. Then I missed the convenience of the Asian one-step oils that I used before, but didn't want to waste time hunting them down online. It was Garnier to the rescue - finally, a good oil that I could find in any drugstore. It works well, it's cheap, and it smells like honeydew melon! The pump is a bit fiddly and the closure can leak a little, so it should be transferred to a better container for travel.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2015 6:38:00 PM More reviews by lolarica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my first cleansing oil purchase. I really want to like it, especially since I think it does a decent job of removing makeup (face + eyes), but there is so much fuss and time involved with it that I am a little discouraged. I use it as directed, on a dry face with dry hands, but when it comes time to emulsify it with water it turns into a pasty white mess that becomes difficult to remove with water alone, so I typically end up doing the double cleanse method. I'm not sure if it has something to do with my relatively hard water, because I read the other reviews and wonder why I can't achieve the same results? Oh well, I'll continue using it for double cleansing, but won't be repurchasing when the bottle runs out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2015 11:23:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

I really like this cleansing oil. It's the first I've tried and I'm sold. I have oily skin in the summer and dry skin in the winter so this is perfect since its labeled for dry skin. It removes all of my makeup really well. Much better than make up remover wipes. I follow up with a cleanser toner and a moisturizer. I will see how this works on my oily skin this summer and update my review.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2015 1:09:00 AM More reviews by beauanderos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff!!!
It took off my stubborn mascara and eyeliner very easily.
It's all about making sure you massage it in well (with dry hands and face first) and I used a cleanser to remove the excess. This is mostly for makeup removal not really just for a face cleanser because I have oily skin, BUT I love that IT DID NOT IRRITATE MY EYES.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by KeoDiamond

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I saw this little product a year ago at the skincare shelf @ Target but never bothered picking it up because Iíve never used cleansing oils, and I thought that a drugstore brand one will surely break me out (not true!). I finally picked it up after reading so much good reviews about it. Let me just say, with just ONE use, I can already see and feel a huge difference in my face. I canít believe I waited this long to try cleansing oils.

I guess I have combination skinÖ it is very dry and dehydrated, but it gets very oily throughout the day. Iíve heard of using oils to combat oily skin, but I never thought itíd work this well. After just one use, my face doesnít look shiny or oily like it used to, but instead it looks radiant. (Usually I can see the oiliness building up on my nose and forehead after Iíve washed my face.) Now I have a healthy natural glow - without the oil! In combination with my serums, the this cleansing oil has also left my face really smooth and soft. I canít stop touching my face. I am seriously in love.

I used the cleansing oil to remove my makeup for the first time and I was surprised by how effortlessly it removed even my waterproof makeup. I just gently rubbed the oil all over my face and eyes, and everything came off. No need the extra step of using a waterproof makeup remover. The oil came off quite easily with water as well, I didnít even need to use a wash cloth or continuously scrub.

The only thing I don't like is the smell... it smells like... well, oil. haha. But really, it's not a big deal to me and I have overlooked it because of the great benefits.

It only cost me $5.99 at Target, for a 4.2 fl oz bottle. Which is a great deal for the price. It is now my holy grail :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by ahmborg

Absolutely love this product. It does an excellent job taking my makeup off, especially eye makeup, with little rubbing. I've experienced no irritation after getting it in my eyes several times, no burning, stinging, nothing. I have acne prone skin that is pretty dry, and this product has significantly improved my complexion. You can combine it with a microdermabrasion type scrub for smooth, moisturized skin. I've also used it to shave and as a hand wash in the winter months. Only con for me is the bottle leaks.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2014 3:30:00 PM More reviews by lolliepopxstars

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This was my first attempt at using a cleansing oil. I generally have combo skin, but in the winter it gets much drier. I wanted to use this to take my makeup off instead of double cleansing.

I didn't find it to be overly oily when using. I did need to rub my skin vigorously to get it to breakdown my makeup. When I applied water, it didn't emulsify well. It took quite a bit of effort. It does leave an oily film on your eyes which I really did not like. It rinsed mostly clean with water and a face cloth. It isn't a horrible product, but it's not the best either. If you don't wear a lot of makeup, this may work well for you, but I wouldn't suggest it for those that wear a full face day to day. For a product that is intended for dry skin, it is worrisome that it left my skin feeling very tight and red.

EDIT:
The morning after I woke up with a massively large swollen upper lip. I'm obviously allergic to this product and will no longer be using because of that reason.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

My husband bought this for me by mistake--I sent him for jojoba oil--and he saw that on the label and he was done. I thought about taking it back but then decided to give it a try. Bad decision.

This did take off my makeup but dried my skin to a crisp and then next morning I had zits. At age 58! I do have rosacea and very sensitive skin but obviously my skin does not like this formulation. It did not take off all my eye makeup but haven't found one that does.

Looks like a great deal but it is really a small container compared to other oil cleansers.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2014 6:06:00 AM More reviews by ohrosiex3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this product the other day and as someone who suffers from dry skin all seasons of the year I must say I'm in love. I was caught off guard when I first applied it being it was very oily. but I rubbed it in all over my face ( i had no make up on) and then I washed it with water and it bubbled and foamed up like it was supposed to. great smell to it too. after my skin feels soo soft. still hours later.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Terbear16862

This works great on my dry skin in the winter. It easily takes off all my makeup, and makes my skin feel great! I LOVE this product.