Garnier Nourishing Cleansing Oil

3.4

Mineral Oil, Zea,Mays/Corn Germ Oil, Polysorbate 85, Carthamus Tinctorius,Oil/Safflower Seed Oil, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate,,Sorbitan Trioleate, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil/Jojoba Seed,Oil, Glycerin, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Squalane,,Parfum/Fragrance, Water, Propylene Glycol, Tocopherol, Linalool, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl,Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Isopropyl, Myristate, Moringa Oleifera Seed Oil, Alpha-Isomethyl, Ionone, Imperata Cylindrica Root Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Carbomer, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer.

on 7/25/2015 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I am 48 years old and have always had dry skin that just keeps getting dryer as I age. I ADORE this product! I love the wonderful scent and have no problem with the packaging. I have no trouble removing this oil with just a bit of water and a washcloth. I don't wear makeup very often (I work from home and am allergic to every mascara I've tried) so I usually use this on a bare face. My face feels wonderful after I use this. I use Paula's Choice serums and moisturizers after this. This is the first time I've looked forward to cleansing my skin! Here in Las Vegas the "dry heat" will make your skin super flakey so even my teenage daughter uses this, albeit with lighter moisturizers afterword. We will continue to use a makeup remover cloth first to remove any makeup we might be wearing before we cleanse with this. For us, this is a terrific product and I will be buying it again!

on 6/11/2015 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

A waste of money! Instead of falling for marketing and packaging, go to the supermarket and pick up a small bottle of grapeseed oil (or jojoba oil or whatever lightweight oil you like). Rub a small amount into your skin, let it set for a few moments, then wash with your regular cleanser (I love CeraVe Foaming Facial cleanser) to remove the residue. Oil, which naturally contains antioxidants, dissolves your makeup and liquifies the oil in your pores, making your cleanser work better. I have oily, acne prone skin. My skin breaks out less using oil as a pre-wash and I have less crap in my pores.

on 6/11/2015 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Ladies on a budget - don't be tempted by this cleansing oil in waste of money clothing. Skip this and go straight to the eclos version - it's cheap, high quality, packaged well & works. Let's go over why this product stinks:

- SCENT - Too strong, cheap perfumes & terrible. Why is it there? What is it hiding? Scents rarely bother me, but this is legit bad.
- PACKAGING - This squirts product everywhere. Maybe I should fill it with water and let kids play with it. Surprise with every pump.
- MAKEUP REMOVAL - Smears vs. dissolves makeup - very Courtney Love circa the 90s
- EMULSION & RINSE - hahahahahahah - Good luck. Bring on the second cleanser and make sure it foams up!

I am going to force myself to finish it only cause it has not broken me out and I hate waste. That doesn't mean you won't break out. I have the opposite of sensitive skin so even if you are mildly sensitive my guess is that it will be zit city for you.

If on a budget buy eclos. If you have some extra cash dermalogica and Boscia make great oil cleansers too. Leave this one on the shelf.

on 6/9/2015 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Bought it on clearance, thank goodness I didn't pay full price! The scent is too strong and it feels like just plain olive oil would work better. Bottle leaked an oily mess all over my skincare drawer. Never again!

on 6/9/2015 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really want to love this cleansing oil but there are so many cons :( But I will Start with the Pros.

Pros:
-Removes all of my makeup including waterproof
-Price is great compared to my other beloved oil cleansers

Cons:
- Smells super purfumey and over fragrenced
-Contains mineral oil and other cheap oils
-Does not emulsify well, I always have to follow up with another cleanser to feel totally clean
-The pump bottle leaks everytime I travel with it, and it leaks out like half the bottle

I am still on the hunt for my HG drugstore oil cleanser, currently I just use a blend of my own oils that I buy from whole foods (Castor oil, grapeseed, apricot kernel, neem oil etc.) All of these oils break down my makeup beautifully the only pain is that they do not emulsify so I have to steam them off my face with a damp washcloth but at least I know whats in the ingredients.

on 6/4/2015 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I wanted to try a cleansing oil, but most of them were too expensive for my budget. I was excited when this affordable option came to the drugstore.
When using this product, I noted that the oil managed to break up my powder foundation, blush, and sunscreen, but left a heavy film on my skin. When I used it around my eyes, it just smeared the mascara and eyeliner around and made it even harder to remove.
The bottle is also terrible. It manages to leak oil all over my bathroom counter while standing upright.
I will not buy this again, and I'm considering throwing the remainder I have in the garbage.

on 6/3/2015 6:22:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Garnier's Cleansing Oil didn't break me out or irritate my skin, and it did a perfectly okay job of removing my makeup. I love oils for breaking up waterproof eye makeup, especially because you don't have to rub at your eyes as much as if you were using a traditional makeup remover or a micellar cleansing water.

That said, I don't think this is a particularly great cleansing oil. It's VERY heavily perfumed, and while it thankfully hasn't bothered my eyes, it still feels weird to put something so heavily fragranced in the eye area. I'm also not particularly impressed with the ingredient list; low-quality oils that a lot of people are sensitive to, plus a ton of additives. So many ingredients for a product that doesn't even emulsify.

Any single-ingredient oil from the grocery store (coconut, olive, almond) will remove makeup just as well as this cleansing oil and be less likely to cause irritation. I'm going to finish up my bottle, but I won't be repurchasing this product.

on 5/28/2015 8:41:00 AM

This is a light cleansing oil with a perfumey scent. It does remove my foundation and sunscreen but leaves a film on the skin. I follow up with my regular cleanser to remove any residue and prevent clogged pores. I was surprised to see that this contains mineral oil and corn oil as the main ingredients. I think that a better drugstore cleansing oil is Eclos firming cleansing oil.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I guess it depends what you're looking for, but I absolutely love this cleansing oil! I must admit, I do wear a full face of makeup everyday, though (either a Bb cream and mineral powder buffed in, or liquid foundation, light-medium coverage, along with concealers and setting powder) so something that just takes off all my makeup before I go in with another cleanser is all I expect.

As far as texture goes, it reminds me a lot of the Lancome Huile Douceur All in One cleansing oil; sort of a medium viscosity; I find it heavier in feel than shu uemura A/O Green or whatever it's called now and Shiseido All in One; much less thick than the no-longer-carried here Nip + Fab one; or any of the ones I've tried from the face shop. But it's not super-runny either. I also find it doesn't emulsify a whole lot; but it still gets all my makeup off, so it gets a plus.

The disaster that is the Garnier Fructis hair line (and their smell) kept me from trying this cleansing oil for a while; suspecting it would be way too harsh or filled with super-smelly perfumes. Thankfully, I was wrong - I have sensitive, dehydrated skin and this product has not caused me any irritation. I also get the odd hormonal breakout, but this hasn't caused any breakouts to my knowledge. I take off my eye makeup with Bioderma Sensibio H20; but I have gotten this in my eyes and they haven't stun or anything.

I would repurchase this again as it's a great alternative to higher-end ones, and I can pop into any Shoppers Drug Mart or Rexall or WalMart and buy it when I run out. However, call me a snob - it doesn't quite compare to my Lancome favourite, but I would rather buy this and a Lancome lipstick instead of just the cleansing oil most of the time. The packaging feels a little chinsy, but I've yet to have any problems with it leaking, like I did with Nip + Fab's Clean Fix back in the day.

on 5/5/2015 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I threw this away. I tried really hard to like it but I could not stand the smell. Very strong smell, horrific smell! Did not emulsify, had to follow up with a cleanser, it did not remove all my makeup so thank god I did follow up with a cleanser. I would never ever use this again, Im sticking to Ponds Cold Cream to remove my makeup.