Garnier Nourishing Cleansing Oil

3.4

Mineral Oil, Zea,Mays/Corn Germ Oil, Polysorbate 85, Carthamus Tinctorius,Oil/Safflower Seed Oil, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate,,Sorbitan Trioleate, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil/Jojoba Seed,Oil, Glycerin, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Squalane,,Parfum/Fragrance, Water, Propylene Glycol, Tocopherol, Linalool, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl,Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Isopropyl, Myristate, Moringa Oleifera Seed Oil, Alpha-Isomethyl, Ionone, Imperata Cylindrica Root Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Carbomer, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I guess it depends what you're looking for, but I absolutely love this cleansing oil! I must admit, I do wear a full face of makeup everyday, though (either a Bb cream and mineral powder buffed in, or liquid foundation, light-medium coverage, along with concealers and setting powder) so something that just takes off all my makeup before I go in with another cleanser is all I expect.

As far as texture goes, it reminds me a lot of the Lancome Huile Douceur All in One cleansing oil; sort of a medium viscosity; I find it heavier in feel than shu uemura A/O Green or whatever it's called now and Shiseido All in One; much less thick than the no-longer-carried here Nip + Fab one; or any of the ones I've tried from the face shop. But it's not super-runny either. I also find it doesn't emulsify a whole lot; but it still gets all my makeup off, so it gets a plus.

The disaster that is the Garnier Fructis hair line (and their smell) kept me from trying this cleansing oil for a while; suspecting it would be way too harsh or filled with super-smelly perfumes. Thankfully, I was wrong - I have sensitive, dehydrated skin and this product has not caused me any irritation. I also get the odd hormonal breakout, but this hasn't caused any breakouts to my knowledge. I take off my eye makeup with Bioderma Sensibio H20; but I have gotten this in my eyes and they haven't stun or anything.

I would repurchase this again as it's a great alternative to higher-end ones, and I can pop into any Shoppers Drug Mart or Rexall or WalMart and buy it when I run out. However, call me a snob - it doesn't quite compare to my Lancome favourite, but I would rather buy this and a Lancome lipstick instead of just the cleansing oil most of the time. The packaging feels a little chinsy, but I've yet to have any problems with it leaking, like I did with Nip + Fab's Clean Fix back in the day.

on 5/5/2015 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I threw this away. I tried really hard to like it but I could not stand the smell. Very strong smell, horrific smell! Did not emulsify, had to follow up with a cleanser, it did not remove all my makeup so thank god I did follow up with a cleanser. I would never ever use this again, Im sticking to Ponds Cold Cream to remove my makeup.

on 4/24/2015 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I used the Garnier Nourishing Cleansing Oil, because I have very dry skin. For me, this didn't work at all. I think it broke me out, but I used another Garnier product, so I'm not sure. I am not having luck with that brand. This product has a weird chemical smell to me, and it does not emulsify like the directions say it would. The really bad thing about this product is it contains mineral oil. It' going in the trash.

on 4/19/2015 3:50:00 AM

This cleansing oil is my first, but according to my research, a cleansing oil should not need a cleanser afterwards. Also, a good cleansing oil should remove all makeup. I do not use a cleanser following this cleansing oil; I do not have any breakouts. In fact some of my blemishes have disappeared throughout my use of this product, and I am using no other new product on my face. In terms of removing my waterproof eye makeup, this product is hit or miss. It takes off majority of my eye makeup but occasionally small specks of eyeliner are still apparent. I use 2 pumps and massage into my face focusing on the eye areas. Most of the time not all of my makeup removes. Another downside is the pump tends to spurt out the oil quite forcefully, but that's a minor inconvenience. A few tips to keep in mind: apply with dry hands onto a dry face; massage oil well into the areas of your face with makeup; before washing off, emulsify the oil by wetting your hands and wetting the oil on your face; rinse thoroughly with water. I feel as if there are better cleansing oils which will remove the waterproof eye makeup more easily, but for the amount you're paying for this Garnier cleansing oil, what you are getting is decent enough. I will not repurchase anytime soon before trying a few other brands.

on 4/8/2015 11:15:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love this product. I use it to take off my make up before I use my clarasonic and simple face wash. It does an amazing job of taking off most of my make up. If you use it alone it does leave your face really greasy feeling. Now the packaging is awful I hate it! When I first bought it some of the product was already on the bottle. But if it tips over the product gets EVERYWHERE! Most of the product ended up on my counter rather than my face.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Worst cleansing oil I've ever used. Does not emulsify, leaves a really oily film behind. I loved the idea of a drugstore cleansing oil because my beloved DHC is pretty expensive. Unfortunately Garnier dropped the ball. I worry that people who only tried Garnier will believe that all cleansing oil is like this and not give any future drugstore options a chance.

on 4/5/2015 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this on a whim from the clearance rack at my local SDM, not expecting much. Although I prefer my facial products to either not have a scent, or have a light natural scent, I will admit this fruity watermelon like aroma was quite nice. To start with, I didn't read the rules. I tried to apply this to already wet skin in the shower and it did not have the same affect as applying it on dry skin. When I tried it on dry skin I was very impressed, it took off all of my eye makeup in one swoop. If I can give you one peice of advice, do NOT get this in your eyes. I did this and ended up with blurry vision my entire shower. I don't know if I would purchase this again as a face wash, as I find the bottle doesn't last that long, but as an eye makeup remover this has beat out pretty much any other eye makeup remover I have ever used. I am using my regular face wash in the morning and this at night now to remove any makeup and I have not noticed any breakouts or rashes (I have quite sensitive skin on my chin that is prone to perioral dermatitis). Will I buy this again? If it goes on sale, yes, otherwise no I'll just keep using my regular old Dr.Bronners coconut oil for eye makeup removal.

on 3/31/2015 11:43:00 PM

This product is awesome!!! I use it first and then Philosophy face cleanser. My face feels so smooth afterwards and it helps my makeup look better.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm really enjoying this stuff. For reference, I've got combination, acne-prone skin.

Despite the fragrance, it's a really nice cleansing oil (my first, so do consider my basis of comparison or lack thereof) and it has done its job so far. I do like the scent, but I think if they did a non-scented version, it would be more appropriate for use on the face. Anyway - this stuff feels really luxurious on the face and it does actually remove all of my makeup. It lathers just slightly but not in a soapy way. It also works really well with a Clarisonic, I've noticed.

I don't have anything negative to say about this stuff at all. I won't use it all the time; I do like my micellar water, but this stuff is really nice to have around. I can see it being useful those nights when I'm feeling especially dry or if I've worn a lot of makeup that needs to go. I can see myself buying this again. It doesn't leave a film that I've noticed and no scent is left behind. I'm left with softer skin with a slight glow; nothing oily or sticky. This stuff rinses off nicely.

*Beware if you're ordering this online. My package from Amazon arrived leaking and covering most of the other things I ordered at the time; I can see this being an issue. Also, the pump feature is nice, but it spurts out. This is inconvenient, but not a deal-breaker.

on 3/16/2015 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love this stuff! Its my first oil cleanser and I love it for my really dry skin. It is perfect for dry skin and makes my skin soft and moisturized. I had a $3 off coupon for this so it only cost me about $4. I will repurchase again and again.