October 1, 2014 | 1245 users online

Cleansers - Garnier - Nourishing Cleansing Oil

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by MZ_PRiNCESS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm African American and have combination skin with an extremely oily t-zone. I'm currently using a retin-a cream to help fade acne scarring and found my skin to become increasingly dry and flaky with the use of retin-a. I use this oil cleanser as well as the cream cleanser from this line. Lately, I've been wearing neutrogena illuminating tinted moisturizer & bare minerals original powder and the oil breaks dissolves it easily. It also works on heavy duty foundations such as revlon colorstay. I had some concerns about using this on my sensitive, dry,oily, acnegenic skin because it has mineral oil in it, which has caused breakouts for me in that past. Surprisingly, this product has not agitated my skin. It removes my makeup, rinsed off easily, does what it is supposed to do. I am a little turned off by the floral fragrance because I don't care for scented skincare products. I follow up with the cream cleanser to make sure my skin is cleaned of any makeup, dirt,oil from the day. I like the product but I am interested in trying other brands of oil cleansers.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by three_black_cats

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the idea of a cleanser that is water soluble yet oil based. Something that can dissolve makeup that is on your skin, and then rinses off and doesn't dry you out. So I decided to try this one. I wasn't wowed, but I wasn't disappointed, either. It seems to do what it is supposed to, which is dissolve makeup and whatever else you've put on your face. Seems mild, and definitely left my skin feeling soft and cleansed, without stripping or drying it. Even though it was mild, I definitely needed a moisturizing lotion or cream afterwards. Probably I'm just getting older and need more moisturizing cleansers and hydrating facial creams/lotions. But this one was fun to try out. I probably wouldn't buy it again, but I'll definitely use it up. Your mileage may vary.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2014 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Laurajh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My biggest gripe about this is that it doesn't really emulsify. My main reason for buying a pre-made cleansing oil was that it would rinse off (I do use a cleanser afterwards). This product is the same as using straight mineral, sesame, almond or what have you, oils. I need to scrape this off my skin...several times.

I'm not a novice to cleansing oils. I've used Boscia, Shu, MAC etc.

The plus side is that it does remove all my makeup, but so do many of the straight oils that I have on hand.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2014 2:27:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a replacement for the Sephora brand cleansing oil, which I believe was discontinued, so I decided to try this one. It's thicker than the Sephora one but one pump still removes all of my makeup, even water-resistent eye makeup and thick, long-wearing foundation. It smells lovely, like all of Garnier's products. It's only about $8 and one bottle is lasting me months, so it's a good bargain. I have clog-prone skin and this doesn't clog my pores, nor does it dry out my face.

I have two complaints: 1. it takes a bit of rinsing to get this off of your face, which is a pain and 2. the bottle leaks (at least the one I picked up does) even though the cap is screwed on tightly so traveling with it is also a pain. I will however repurchase this once my bottle is done.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by wendycoco

So far this has been the best cleansing oil I've tried. Doesn't fully take off waterproof mascara so I took of a lippie. That being said my clinique take of the day cleansing balm doesn't remove it either.
I've got oily skin and this doesn't break me out at all. After using this or any oil I then wash with cerave. I'm also finding my skin is less oily now that I have been doing this routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by neptunesglow

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this and the price is fantastic. I paid $6 on sale. I cannot use anything that foams to wash with as I have dry sensitive skin. This cuts through heavy duty foundation which is why I tried it.
With a heavy duty foundation, you might want to remove some of the top layer of MU, pat dry lightly and then use the oil. Or, do a quick oil once over and then a second deeper cleaning application. It says to start with a dry face and dry hands. Water will dilute the oil and it won't cut facial oil and MU as well. I use a soft cloth to start the removal process.
Rinses as clean as you could expect an oil cleanser to. I tried using regular oils to remove makeup, but, they never rinse clean and do not get down into the pores where MU loves to settle in like this does. Whatever other ingredients help this oil to rinse away cleanly is worth it.
Does not make skin squeaky clean so naturally oily skins may not love it much.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2014 12:38:00 PM More reviews by celina5847

Smells really nice and works really well. I purchased on clearance for $2.98 but I will not be repurchasing simply because I can get the same results with coconut or jojoba oil which I can also use in my hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by sawg12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So far I really like it. I feel like it keeps my face moisturized as I'm more concerned about wrinkles now than zits. Does a great job of getting makeup off as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Suzaroos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE this cleansing oil. It legit gets all my eye and face makeup off, unless I'm wearing waterproof mascara, in which case I'll use the cleansing oil then my eye makeup remover to get the mascara off. The way I use it is to warm it up in my hands, apply it to my face dry, rub it in really well, wash my face with the Garnier Cream Cleanser [which I also love] then exfoliate and use my toner. I was seriously shocked that I liked this because I've never been a huge fan of Garnier's skincare products...but this is a winnerrrrr. Only negative is the packaging. The oil will drip out of the pump randomly, so I just leave it on top of a little washcloth so my counter doesn't get oily.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2014 1:00:00 AM More reviews by ericaphillips

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this product. I've had it for a few weeks and am about 75% through the bottle. It completely removes my face make up and leaves a little eye make up, if I've worn liquid liner or just applied a lot of kohl liner. I only use it at night to remove make up and cleanse my skin. I have VERY dry skin. This oil has definitely helped with this. I will repurchase. The only complaint is that it leaves a milky film over my eyes. It doesn't hurt or burn, but it's annoying. I also really massage it into my lashes to get as much mascara and liner off. Wearing normal daily make up, this product works.