December 17, 2014 | 1683 users online

Cleansers - Garnier - Nourishing Cleansing Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2014 6:06:00 AM More reviews by ohrosiex3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this product the other day and as someone who suffers from dry skin all seasons of the year I must say I'm in love. I was caught off guard when I first applied it being it was very oily. but I rubbed it in all over my face ( i had no make up on) and then I washed it with water and it bubbled and foamed up like it was supposed to. great smell to it too. after my skin feels soo soft. still hours later.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Terbear16862

This works great on my dry skin in the winter. It easily takes off all my makeup, and makes my skin feel great! I LOVE this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2014 1:10:00 AM More reviews by daisyismydog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a free sample of this which I used on 3 consecutive nights to remove just water-resistant sunscreen (not any makeup) off my dehydrated-normal skin.

The first night was all right, and while it took a little bit more rubbing (compared to other more expensive cleansing oils I've used) for it to emulsify and rinse off, it was manageable. I'm not sure what changed the next two nights though, because it came very difficult to use and I needed to really rub my skin until it became slightly red for it to rinse off. I had even considered using a separate gel cleanser in order to get it off. There is also a strong, overwhelming scent to this product.

Overall, this was a mediocre product at its best, and a downright frustrating one at its worst. I wouldn't recommend it at all, but if you are interested I would definitely try getting a sample first or buying from a store with a good return policy.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2014 12:18:00 AM More reviews by DurrtyLadle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: made me break out TERRIBLY. when I woke up the morning after using this my entire face was covered in 20-30 tiny super red pimples. my eyes were itchy and burny. probably an allergic reaction but I feel like this stuff doesn't rinse off completely.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
First time trying this tonight. I usually use kose Softymo but my bottle ran out. Since you have to order it online I picked this up to use in the meantime. I don't know of any other drugstore cleansing oils.

First impression- I like it. it's a bit pricey for how much you get but hey.
It smells great, slightly fruity/sweet.
It removed all my makeup (full coverage foundation, waterproof mascara) without fuss.

after I rinsed my skin didn't feel dry or tight like it does with Softymo. I don't know if that's good or if it means it left residue.

As long as I don't break out, I may switch to this as my regular cleanser just because its readily available and works the same.
Will update.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2014 2:59:00 AM More reviews by glassofwater

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great stuff! I have aging oily skin, and this worked great! A little expensive for it's size, but it works.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2014 3:52:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

If you are thinking about buying this, DON'T... This is the WORSE product I have ever used in my entire life.

I grabbed this on a whim from Ulta and used it last night. Right away I couldn't believe how greasy it was. This took a LOT of work to remove makeup and did NOT emulsify in any way. shape or form. I was almost ill from the smell, it has a really strong scent that never really dissipated.

A couple hrs later my face was really itchy and again I was put in a major mood due to the smell and fact I knew that was the likely culprit for my skin irritation. This morning I woke up with little pimple like bumps on my cheeks - this has never happened to me before. With the exception of 1 (and only 1) ever present PMS zit I get on my chin once a month every month I haven't had a pimple in over 25 years. So I knew this was the culprit. This stuff was disgusting.

Do I recommended this? No. Flat out no. I really wish there was a zero lippie review option because that's what this deserves, along with a warning label.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by evanlami

I just started really utilizing oils in my skin care routine and I am so glad that I did! I have hormonal combination skin along with a few wrinkles. I love the way this cleansing oil feels. It's excellent at removing makeup (especially my eye makeup, which is great) and really moisturizes my skin in a way no other cleanser has been able to do. My skin feels baby soft afterwards. This cleansing oil has also been able to control the oil my skin produces. Pretty impressive for a drug store brand!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2014 3:06:00 AM More reviews by shmilez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love (or should I say loved) this stuff. It took off all of my makeup easily, nourished my dry skin, and left my skin feeling lovely. I don't notice a heavy scent or anything too noticeable which is always a plus. It's really simple to use and leaves good results (or so I thought). I was so satisfied within the first three uses.

Flash forward three weeks, the pump on my bottle is broken and it is leaving a huge mess on my counter top. My skin is still soft but it is becoming dry and flaky again (perhaps a moisturizer issue on my part, no biggie). However, my face is terribly broken out with huge cystic pimples that hurt tremendously. After eliminating other products, I've determined this is the culprit. Sure, I'll take a broken pump and a messy counter for the soft skin I am achieving but I draw the line at painful pimples. This stuff works well for dry skin but my acne-prone skin did not like it. It's a shame because I've grown quite attached to it and its softening results. Oh well, looks like I'll have to spend more money on something that will hopefully not break me out.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2014 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Teruma

There's nothing to like about this cleasing oil!
It doesn't emulsify, your skin will be oily after rinsing and it will need more than one wash with soap to get rid of the sticky feel.

The packaging is lame and it leaks oil all over the place.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2014 6:38:00 PM More reviews by OSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used to use Clarins Pure Melt and this to me is quite similar in performance. I have drier skin and so cleansers that leave a bit of a cushy film behind don't bother me. I follow up with toner and I am fine. This takes off all my face makeup and sometimes I wear quite a bit of foundation. I can't say that it would take off all waterproof mascara formulas well. I don't know. The price is great, it's easy to find. The bottle leaks something terrible. It has not caused me any breakouts. I would recommend to all my dry skinned friends who wear makeup.