April 18, 2014 | 934 users online

Cleansers - Garnier - Nourishing Cleansing Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Kiwipop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the first cleansing oil I have ever tried. I've heard loads of good things about more expensive ones but the entire concept of a cleansing oil was new to me. As someone with oily skin, the idea of using oil to clean my skin sounded scary and counter-productive. However, when I saw the Garnier cleanser on sale at Wal-Mart, I decided to give it a try.

It removes facial makeup pretty well, but I don't use a lot of heavy coverage foundation or anything. It removes most of my eye makeup as well, but there will always be a trace of eyeliner or mascara when I'm done with this cleanser. I would not recommend using JUST this cleanser to remove makeup and then going to sleep. I always feel the need to double-cleanse and follow up with another cleanser, particularly a foaming one and my Clarisonic.

I use this oil cleanser in place of makeup wipes as my first step in makeup removal, but it will not be my first and only step at the end of the night no matter how tired I am.

Also, I hate the packaging. I'm pretty careful when using this to only squirt the amount I need into my hands, but somehow oil manages to get on the outside of the bottle and the label is starting to peel because of the oil breaking down the sticker's glue. I wouldn't mind as much, but it gets all my other products oily so I have to put this bottle in the washroom separated from my other products.

Read my full review here:

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2014 2:20:00 AM More reviews by Cactus_Pear

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Total complete waste of money, seriously garbage. So you might as well use jojoba oil (or any other facial oil) in lieu of this, then follow up with a regular facial cleanser.

In comparsion to Shu Uemura cleansing oil: shu rinses off clean and makes your skin feel heavenly. Garnier's cleansing oil just feels like a regular oil, with a teensy tiny bit of foaming (the tiniest, miniscule amount of foaming) and does NOT RINSE OFF. You'll be left with an oil slick on your face. Which is great if you have really dry skin and need a product that will leave your face moisturized,but not if you're oily toned like I am.

This stuff is great at removing eye mu, but so is all other regular facial oils, if you use this you'll most likely need to follow up with another cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2014 10:35:00 AM More reviews by oyveyoyveyy

I really like the smell of this product, all of Garnier's products are strongly scented so I wasn't surprised.

It's thin and spreads easily and took off waterproof mascara that even coconut oil couldn't tackle. I'm still getting used to not using a product specifically made for acne but I would definitely buy again, a great introduction to oil cleansing. My face felt fresh and clean after, not tight like Cetaphil or strong acne cleansers usually leave me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2014 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Loosha1152

First off, a little back story before going into how much I do love this product:

I am 20 years old, with dry skin that is prone to acne. Growing up I could notice that even older people in my family had acne well into there thirties. I was pre-exposed to bad skin from the get go. (Yay.)
Before starting this product I was above my weight for my age and height, with unhealthy eating habits. Upon beginning selected to be a bridesmaid I decided to get my act together. I am now at goal weight for my age and weight, running about average 7 miles a week and drinking water and tea (Get Gorgeous a rooibos-based, caffeine-free tea: but that's for a different review) :)

About the product:
-My first thought was, "Dang that's a lot for such a small bottle!!" But I have had this for about 2 weeks now and I still have more than half full. (I use it once every day, the recommended amount two pumps into my hands.)

-The oil based face wash was at first a great surprise and I did not think I would like it. But after a couple days I was used to it and didn't think a second thing about it.

-The smell seemed to be a problem for some people based on other reviews that I read. I think, like anything basically, it has a normal smell. I don't expect something to not have a smell, but that's just me. The smell is not repulsive but I wouldn't want it in a lotion either.

-As in my information I have dry skin, and that becomes a problem when applying liquid make-up. So, paired with this product I also put a little bit of facial lotion. (It can't hurt, right?)

-That being said, everyone's skin is different. But I loved this product and think it is a must try.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca122123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this and now I am definitely going to buy a bottle! First off, this stuff smells fantastic. It feels light on the face, not heavy or thick like I thought it would be since it is an oil. Used around my eyes with no burning, and I find that many cleansers if you get them even anywere near your eyes they sting like crazy (for me anyways) but this didn't. Took off my makeup, left my skin smooth, clean and feeling and smelling fresh. My skin has been dry this winter and I have been breaking out and this stuff left it hydrated and didn't cause any irritation. Great product Garnier :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 10:46:00 PM More reviews by pcsheather

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

early review: i love this stuff! i don't notice a bad smell- i actually like the scent! it's thinner in consistency than my HG josie maran oil cleanser which means it actually spreads more effortlessly! it removed all my makeup very easily, but i always follow oil cleansing with a regular cleanser to make sure my clog prone skin is squeaky clean of any oil residue. i hope this ends up being my HG because the price is so much better than the majority of cleansing oils on the market.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 7:42:00 PM More reviews by JYCarson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have dry skin, and wear long wearing makeup so an oil makeup remover is right up my alley. I have used higher end cleansing oils in the past and loved them, but I am on a quite strict budget and simply can't afford them anymore. I don't like making my own because I like the emulsifier in a cleansing oil so it rinses off better. I happened to see a coupon for this in the Sunday paper about a month ago, and got excited to give it a try. Sure it has some fragrance but other than that this performs just as well as the higher end products for me personally as a small fraction of the cost. I will continue to buy this. It also gets the foundation completely out of my Beauty Blender (another great use I discovered for cleansing oils.) The packaging in theory is great but the pump ends up leaking. I just transferred the contents into a bottle with a flip top and this almost makes it travel friendly too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by duncan123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm surprised by the bad reviews on this because I really like it. Bought it because I had run out of my DHC oil and was curious to see if I could find something less expensive to replace it. I know a lot of people on here don't like the smell, but I love it! It's a fruity smell that I enjoy. And once I've rinsed it off my face, I don't smell it anymore. I think it's key that if you use this, you make sure you wet your fingers to wet it after you've massaged it in -- this emulsifies it to a milky cleanser. I would think if you didn't do this, it may be difficult to rinse off. Once I've rinsed this off, my face is soft and not tight which means it's not drying the heck out of my face. I can tell by the reviews that this is either a like or hate product. Is not so expensive (I think I paid $5.99 at Target), so I would say it's worth a try if you've never used a cleansing oil before and want to see what they're like. The only thing I don't like is the packaging -- the pump is a little difficult to push down. The first couple of times, I pumped out way too much because of this. Gave the packaging a 2. Would buy again though...nice product IMO.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2014 1:58:00 AM More reviews by jhigaki

Love cleansing oil but this fragrance was way too overpowering for me. I could smell it when I walked into my bedroom, yards away from my bathroom (where I kept it). Did a fine job taking my makeup off, but my hands and face smelled for quite a while after rinsing. Plus the pump started leaking after just 2 uses. DHC is perfect for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

I was curious about this one and only bought because I had a coupon. I'm surprised by the bad reviews! Yes, this has a bit too much fragrance but it doesn't bother me and trust me, I'm bothered by most fragrances in just about everything. I put it on dry, massage, then add water and MASSAGE AGAIN. I think that is the key, massage again after adding water, it turns milky. I think if you would try to rinse it without making the milk, you'd have a harder time removing it. Then I remove with a warm wet washcloth. It DOES remove all of my makeup because my cotton pad of toner is clean after I swipe. I even open my eyes when I'm rubbing this on dry and I have no problems. Me likey.