October 25, 2014 | 1470 users online

Cleansers - Garnier - Nourishing Cleansing Oil

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2014 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Teruma

There's nothing to like about this cleasing oil!
It doesn't emulsify, your skin will be oily after rinsing and it will need more than one wash with soap to get rid of the sticky feel.

The packaging is lame and it leaks oil all over the place.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2014 6:38:00 PM More reviews by OSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used to use Clarins Pure Melt and this to me is quite similar in performance. I have drier skin and so cleansers that leave a bit of a cushy film behind don't bother me. I follow up with toner and I am fine. This takes off all my face makeup and sometimes I wear quite a bit of foundation. I can't say that it would take off all waterproof mascara formulas well. I don't know. The price is great, it's easy to find. The bottle leaks something terrible. It has not caused me any breakouts. I would recommend to all my dry skinned friends who wear makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2014 10:27:00 PM More reviews by foofighter99

I bought this because it was on sale and being older now I like a simplified approach to skincare. I used this for many weeks and liked that it dissolved all my face makeup, including eye makeup. BUT....always a "but", it irritated my eyes so badly that they watered endlessly. At first I couldn't figure out why my eyes were running constantly and I thought it's just allergy season.....NO. It was this product. I switched back to my old faithful - Pond's Cold Cream and voila - no more itchy, watery eyes. Will not repurchase. Also the packaging was not adequate, leaked all over my toiletry shelves. Bad, bad, bad (at least for me and my eyes).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2014 9:11:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

There's no cleansing like oil cleansing. It really breaks everything down. All the makeup, dirt, sebum, gunk, and what-have-you. I like to use both the pre-made rinseable kind (my favorites are DHC, Origins, and MAC) and also the more basic straightforward oils like grapeseed, jojoba, coconut, avocado, etc. but I have to use a foaming cleanser as a follow-up. There really is a whole world of oils out there, and I was glad when Garnier came out with their cleansing oil. One-step oil cleansing at a drugstore price, and more widely available too. I couldn't wait to try it and I had high hopes.
Bottom line, I like it and I would buy it again but it doesn't measure up to the more expensive pre-made cleansing oils that I have tried. For one thing, I found this cleanser to be surprisingly drying on my combo-oily skin. Also, it just doesn't seem to break down my eye makeup as quickly or effectively either. It removes everything in the end, but it doesn't seem to be as much of a powerhouse as its more expensive counterparts. Oh and the pump-dispenser bottle is cheap and leaky! I wouldn't travel with this. Or buy it online. Unless you feel like cleaning up a mess. Rinses cleanly though, I don't notice any remaining film or residue. Slight floral scent, pleasant and not overpowering.
So basically, you get what you pay for. This isn't the best but I would still buy it again. It's a pretty good alternative to the higher-priced cleansing oils on the market. Recommended.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by MZ_PRiNCESS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm African American and have combination skin with an extremely oily t-zone. I'm currently using a retin-a cream to help fade acne scarring and found my skin to become increasingly dry and flaky with the use of retin-a. I use this oil cleanser as well as the cream cleanser from this line. Lately, I've been wearing neutrogena illuminating tinted moisturizer & bare minerals original powder and the oil breaks dissolves it easily. It also works on heavy duty foundations such as revlon colorstay. I had some concerns about using this on my sensitive, dry,oily, acnegenic skin because it has mineral oil in it, which has caused breakouts for me in that past. Surprisingly, this product has not agitated my skin. It removes my makeup, rinsed off easily, does what it is supposed to do. I am a little turned off by the floral fragrance because I don't care for scented skincare products. I follow up with the cream cleanser to make sure my skin is cleaned of any makeup, dirt,oil from the day. I like the product but I am interested in trying other brands of oil cleansers.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by three_black_cats

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the idea of a cleanser that is water soluble yet oil based. Something that can dissolve makeup that is on your skin, and then rinses off and doesn't dry you out. So I decided to try this one. I wasn't wowed, but I wasn't disappointed, either. It seems to do what it is supposed to, which is dissolve makeup and whatever else you've put on your face. Seems mild, and definitely left my skin feeling soft and cleansed, without stripping or drying it. Even though it was mild, I definitely needed a moisturizing lotion or cream afterwards. Probably I'm just getting older and need more moisturizing cleansers and hydrating facial creams/lotions. But this one was fun to try out. I probably wouldn't buy it again, but I'll definitely use it up. Your mileage may vary.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2014 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Laurajh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My biggest gripe about this is that it doesn't really emulsify. My main reason for buying a pre-made cleansing oil was that it would rinse off (I do use a cleanser afterwards). This product is the same as using straight mineral, sesame, almond or what have you, oils. I need to scrape this off my skin...several times.

I'm not a novice to cleansing oils. I've used Boscia, Shu, MAC etc.

The plus side is that it does remove all my makeup, but so do many of the straight oils that I have on hand.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2014 2:27:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a replacement for the Sephora brand cleansing oil, which I believe was discontinued, so I decided to try this one. It's thicker than the Sephora one but one pump still removes all of my makeup, even water-resistent eye makeup and thick, long-wearing foundation. It smells lovely, like all of Garnier's products. It's only about $8 and one bottle is lasting me months, so it's a good bargain. I have clog-prone skin and this doesn't clog my pores, nor does it dry out my face.

I have two complaints: 1. it takes a bit of rinsing to get this off of your face, which is a pain and 2. the bottle leaks (at least the one I picked up does) even though the cap is screwed on tightly so traveling with it is also a pain. I will however repurchase this once my bottle is done.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by wendycoco

So far this has been the best cleansing oil I've tried. Doesn't fully take off waterproof mascara so I took of a lippie. That being said my clinique take of the day cleansing balm doesn't remove it either.
I've got oily skin and this doesn't break me out at all. After using this or any oil I then wash with cerave. I'm also finding my skin is less oily now that I have been doing this routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by neptunesglow

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this and the price is fantastic. I paid $6 on sale. I cannot use anything that foams to wash with as I have dry sensitive skin. This cuts through heavy duty foundation which is why I tried it.
With a heavy duty foundation, you might want to remove some of the top layer of MU, pat dry lightly and then use the oil. Or, do a quick oil once over and then a second deeper cleaning application. It says to start with a dry face and dry hands. Water will dilute the oil and it won't cut facial oil and MU as well. I use a soft cloth to start the removal process.
Rinses as clean as you could expect an oil cleanser to. I tried using regular oils to remove makeup, but, they never rinse clean and do not get down into the pores where MU loves to settle in like this does. Whatever other ingredients help this oil to rinse away cleanly is worth it.
Does not make skin squeaky clean so naturally oily skins may not love it much.