November 28, 2014 | 1789 users online

Cleansers - Garnier - Nourishing Cleansing Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2014 2:59:00 AM More reviews by glassofwater

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great stuff! I have aging oily skin, and this worked great! A little expensive for it's size, but it works.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2014 3:52:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

If you are thinking about buying this, DON'T... This is the WORSE product I have ever used in my entire life.

I grabbed this on a whim from Ulta and used it last night. Right away I couldn't believe how greasy it was. This took a LOT of work to remove makeup and did NOT emulsify in any way. shape or form. I was almost ill from the smell, it has a really strong scent that never really dissipated.

A couple hrs later my face was really itchy and again I was put in a major mood due to the smell and fact I knew that was the likely culprit for my skin irritation. This morning I woke up with little pimple like bumps on my cheeks - this has never happened to me before. With the exception of 1 (and only 1) ever present PMS zit I get on my chin once a month every month I haven't had a pimple in over 25 years. So I knew this was the culprit. This stuff was disgusting.

Do I recommended this? No. Flat out no. I really wish there was a zero lippie review option because that's what this deserves, along with a warning label.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by evanlami

I just started really utilizing oils in my skin care routine and I am so glad that I did! I have hormonal combination skin along with a few wrinkles. I love the way this cleansing oil feels. It's excellent at removing makeup (especially my eye makeup, which is great) and really moisturizes my skin in a way no other cleanser has been able to do. My skin feels baby soft afterwards. This cleansing oil has also been able to control the oil my skin produces. Pretty impressive for a drug store brand!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2014 3:06:00 AM More reviews by shmilez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love (or should I say loved) this stuff. It took off all of my makeup easily, nourished my dry skin, and left my skin feeling lovely. I don't notice a heavy scent or anything too noticeable which is always a plus. It's really simple to use and leaves good results (or so I thought). I was so satisfied within the first three uses.

Flash forward three weeks, the pump on my bottle is broken and it is leaving a huge mess on my counter top. My skin is still soft but it is becoming dry and flaky again (perhaps a moisturizer issue on my part, no biggie). However, my face is terribly broken out with huge cystic pimples that hurt tremendously. After eliminating other products, I've determined this is the culprit. Sure, I'll take a broken pump and a messy counter for the soft skin I am achieving but I draw the line at painful pimples. This stuff works well for dry skin but my acne-prone skin did not like it. It's a shame because I've grown quite attached to it and its softening results. Oh well, looks like I'll have to spend more money on something that will hopefully not break me out.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2014 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Teruma

There's nothing to like about this cleasing oil!
It doesn't emulsify, your skin will be oily after rinsing and it will need more than one wash with soap to get rid of the sticky feel.

The packaging is lame and it leaks oil all over the place.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2014 6:38:00 PM More reviews by OSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used to use Clarins Pure Melt and this to me is quite similar in performance. I have drier skin and so cleansers that leave a bit of a cushy film behind don't bother me. I follow up with toner and I am fine. This takes off all my face makeup and sometimes I wear quite a bit of foundation. I can't say that it would take off all waterproof mascara formulas well. I don't know. The price is great, it's easy to find. The bottle leaks something terrible. It has not caused me any breakouts. I would recommend to all my dry skinned friends who wear makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2014 10:27:00 PM More reviews by foofighter99

I bought this because it was on sale and being older now I like a simplified approach to skincare. I used this for many weeks and liked that it dissolved all my face makeup, including eye makeup. BUT....always a "but", it irritated my eyes so badly that they watered endlessly. At first I couldn't figure out why my eyes were running constantly and I thought it's just allergy season.....NO. It was this product. I switched back to my old faithful - Pond's Cold Cream and voila - no more itchy, watery eyes. Will not repurchase. Also the packaging was not adequate, leaked all over my toiletry shelves. Bad, bad, bad (at least for me and my eyes).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2014 9:11:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

There's no cleansing like oil cleansing. It really breaks everything down. All the makeup, dirt, sebum, gunk, and what-have-you. I like to use both the pre-made rinseable kind (my favorites are DHC, Origins, and MAC) and also the more basic straightforward oils like grapeseed, jojoba, coconut, avocado, etc. but I have to use a foaming cleanser as a follow-up. There really is a whole world of oils out there, and I was glad when Garnier came out with their cleansing oil. One-step oil cleansing at a drugstore price, and more widely available too. I couldn't wait to try it and I had high hopes.
Bottom line, I like it and I would buy it again but it doesn't measure up to the more expensive pre-made cleansing oils that I have tried. For one thing, I found this cleanser to be surprisingly drying on my combo-oily skin. Also, it just doesn't seem to break down my eye makeup as quickly or effectively either. It removes everything in the end, but it doesn't seem to be as much of a powerhouse as its more expensive counterparts. Oh and the pump-dispenser bottle is cheap and leaky! I wouldn't travel with this. Or buy it online. Unless you feel like cleaning up a mess. Rinses cleanly though, I don't notice any remaining film or residue. Slight floral scent, pleasant and not overpowering.
So basically, you get what you pay for. This isn't the best but I would still buy it again. It's a pretty good alternative to the higher-priced cleansing oils on the market. Recommended.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by MZ_PRiNCESS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm African American and have combination skin with an extremely oily t-zone. I'm currently using a retin-a cream to help fade acne scarring and found my skin to become increasingly dry and flaky with the use of retin-a. I use this oil cleanser as well as the cream cleanser from this line. Lately, I've been wearing neutrogena illuminating tinted moisturizer & bare minerals original powder and the oil breaks dissolves it easily. It also works on heavy duty foundations such as revlon colorstay. I had some concerns about using this on my sensitive, dry,oily, acnegenic skin because it has mineral oil in it, which has caused breakouts for me in that past. Surprisingly, this product has not agitated my skin. It removes my makeup, rinsed off easily, does what it is supposed to do. I am a little turned off by the floral fragrance because I don't care for scented skincare products. I follow up with the cream cleanser to make sure my skin is cleaned of any makeup, dirt,oil from the day. I like the product but I am interested in trying other brands of oil cleansers.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by three_black_cats

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the idea of a cleanser that is water soluble yet oil based. Something that can dissolve makeup that is on your skin, and then rinses off and doesn't dry you out. So I decided to try this one. I wasn't wowed, but I wasn't disappointed, either. It seems to do what it is supposed to, which is dissolve makeup and whatever else you've put on your face. Seems mild, and definitely left my skin feeling soft and cleansed, without stripping or drying it. Even though it was mild, I definitely needed a moisturizing lotion or cream afterwards. Probably I'm just getting older and need more moisturizing cleansers and hydrating facial creams/lotions. But this one was fun to try out. I probably wouldn't buy it again, but I'll definitely use it up. Your mileage may vary.