October 25, 2014 | 1529 users online

Cleansers - DHC - Pore Cleansing Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 1:58:00 AM More reviews by bebedejuin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I already loved DHC's Deep Cleansing Oil so when they introduced the Pore Cleansing Oil I was curious to try it. What attracted me to this product was the ingredient lineup. It contains coconut, argan, evening primrose, olive, grape seed, jojoba, avocado, sesame and rice bran oils. All of these oils are highly rated on their own, so to have them combined was too good to resist. It does have a grapefruit scent so if you are sensitive to fragrances, you may want to use caution.

The texture of the Pore Cleansing Oil is more like a serum. You only need 1 or 2 pumps to remove all of your makeup. Just like others have said, I must reiterate that initial application must be done with dry hands on a dry face. This oil feels so luxurious on your skin! I massage it in for a minute then add the tiniest bit of water to just my fingertips to introduce to the oil to emulsify it. One it's turned to a creamy lather I rinse off. Just like the Deep Cleansing Oil, it removes every trace of makeup gently and effectively.

After cleansing my face feels clean, soft, and refreshed. My skin is on the dry side so I must use moisturizer right after cleansing with any product, but my face never feels taut after using this. The only drawback, and this applies to all DHC products, is I find it to be very expensive. This currently goes for $31 for 5 fl. Oz and if I hadn't already trusted the brand based on the Deep Cleansing Oil (which is often on sale) I never would have tried this, but I'm so glad I did!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 10:57:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a big fan of DHC's Deep Cleansing Oil. Have been using it for decades with never a single problem. This version was on sale some months ago so I bought a bottle. It is just as good as the other one. Removes absolutely everything and rinses clean. I always make sure I follow with a face wash or DHC's soap. Never broke me out, but then it wouldn't because it was never meant to be absorbed by your skin (otherwise it would not rinse as easily). The only reason anyone would get breakouts from this is if she does not remove it properly. I'm sorry. I know there are people who don't want to hear this because they can't (or won't) take the trouble to do a thorough cleansing before they go to bed (by thorough cleansing I mean remove your MU first, AND wash your face afterwards). But that does not delete the fact that cleansing is one of the most important steps you have to take to ensure a healthy complexion. If you can't be bothered, don't, by all means. But don't complain later.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 7:57:00 PM More reviews by sandries

I purchased this because I liked the performance of the Pore Wash offered by DHC. Now, while I really can't speak to the pore-reducing properties of this oil, it does leave my face as clean as a whistle, really soft and clear. Which says a lot for my oily and sometimes hormonally blemish-ridden skin.

The package looks nice, nothing extravagant. The oil is a thick, slippery liquid that should be massaged with dry hands on a dry face in order to work. That little bit is key. Then you can rinse off with lots of water. If you have oilier skin like me, you should probably follow up with a regular face wash or soap to take off any residue.

Pros: Removes makeup, even mascara, really well. When used as directed, does not leave face greasy whatsoever. Smells like grapefruit. Like other DHC products, one doesn't need to use much, so it's cost effective (mostly). Contains high quality oils such as olive, argan, avocado, coconut and some others that sound nice. No mineral oil, hooray.

Cons: Probably not awesome for people with really bad acne. And for the past week that I've used it, I can't say I've seen a visible change in pore size. Maybe it needs more time?

Conclusion: If you're into facial cleansing oils, this is superb/worth the $. Or if you're tripped out by the idea of rubbing oil on your face (like me!) it's still really gnarly.