Hada Labo Skin Plumping Gel Cream

4.3

water, hydroxyethyl urea, butylene glycol, glycerin, pentylene glycol, PEG/PPG/polybutylene glycol-8/5/3 glycerin, squalane, triethylhexanoin, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP copolymer, agar, alpha-glucan, arginine, citric acid, dimethicone, dipropylene glycol, disodium EDTA, glucosyl ceramide, hydrolyzed collagen (marine), hydrolyzed hyaluronic acid, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, methylisothiazolinone, sodium acetylated hyaluronate, sodium chloride, sodium citrate, sodium hyaluronate, triethyl citrate.

on 7/21/2015 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

I love this stuff. It goes on weirdly with an egg white consistency but it sinks into my skin so quickly. I find it works best if I spritz on a moisturising spray first and let that settle in, then apply just to 'seal the deal'.
It costs a bomb to get it shipped here to Australia, but I like it enough that I think I'll be ordering 2 at a time when I'm flush to ensure I won't run out.
Does it compare to the cheapo Lacura brand I've been using? Sure - you can tell this is a quality product as opposed to a discount supermarket brand. But the price difference does make me pause.
Also, it's in a pot which I don't like as I find the efficacy of the product lessens as you get down to the end. I'd prefer a tube so I could control how much I used far better. I will say that I'll be actively searching for other products by this brand as I'm that impressed by how soft and young my skin looks - and it is definitely helping to soften my lines and wrinkles.

on 3/14/2015 1:21:00 AM

My new HG moisturizer!! The only moisturizer that can keep up with my dry skin and make my dry spots/patches disappear! This significantly cuts down the amount of times I need to exfoliate which can be quite harsh and rough on my skin. And it doesnt break me out!! Which a lot of moisturizing creams that are usually high in glycerin will do. It's slightly pricy at $24, but it's definitely worth it. It doesnt seem to be a problem for me under makeup as long as i let it fully absorb into my skin. Oh I would also like to note that I only apply over a damp face, and then spritz again after with a face mist to help the hyaluronic acid do its job. Anyways, I definitely recommend it!!

on 3/4/2015 6:16:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I love this moisturizer! It feels like my skin drinks it in! I slather this on {at night only} over my replenishing hydrator and wake up to shiny plump hydrated skin. It does not cause breakouts, it's actually made all my acne clear up. The only downside is it's in a jar and it feels slightly sticky for about 10 minutes after application, but for clear hydrated skin, I'll deal with it!

on 1/23/2015 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Received a sample which lasted me several uses. I only used around my eyes since I am prone to breakouts. This was awesome and very lavish feeling. Gel consistency, glided on beautifully and absorbed well. Will definitely buy full size when I finish others I need to use up.

on 12/24/2014 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I got a sample of this with an Ulta order, and it is AMAZING. My skin is combination -- oily cheeks with large pores, but fine lines at the dry skin around my nose, especially in the winter. This did a great job of hydrating the dry areas without making the oily areas greasy. It sunk in really well. I'm definitely going to look to buy the full size after I use up my current moisturizer.

on 11/25/2014 11:17:00 AM

It is hard to find a moisturizer that does not cause breakouts on my combination skin. I have both the Hada Labo Gel Cream and the serum. They both work very well at keeping my skin hydrated without causing acne. It is an interesting product in that it contains three different types of hyaluronic acid. Great product at an affordable price.

on 11/24/2014 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've tried dozens and dozens of high-end and drugstore moisturizers on my extremely dry and sensitive skin, and nothing has worked as well as the skin plumping gel cream. I use quite a heavy layer at night, patting it in as recommended on the website, and when I wake up my face actually looks plumped and hydrated. I was honestly shocked by how well it worked the first time I tried it. It also doesn't break me out or have any objectionable smell, and I love the beautiful packing. I use a beauty spatula to remove it from the jar.

on 10/22/2014 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

A little background: normal/sensitive skin that is usually very dehydrated due to the super dry climate I live in. I have been using skin care and cosmetics for 25+ years so I've "been there, done that" and don't usually get too excited about the claims made by skin care companies. I tried the sample of this that came in a magazine, used it at night after washing my face, and it lasted for 2 applications. I did like the texture and the lack of fragrance very much but I wasn't expecting anything special in terms of results. Well... the morning after each application, when I was washing my face, I noticed how extremely soft and smooth my face felt! It was definitely due to this product as nothing else changed in my routine. So now I'm dying to get the full size of this, but I live in Canada and it seems they don't sell this here, at least not yet, and the US online retailers don't ship to Canada (boo! C'mon people. There's money to be spent here!).

on 8/31/2014 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My skin: dehydrated, dry, acne-prone

I love this moisturizer and it is my HG. It's hard to find a deeply hydrating moisturizer that doesn't break me out/include fatty alcohols while also addressing my dehydrated skin issues. I use this under avocado oil for extra moisturization. My skin definitely looks and feels healthier and plump after a bout of dryness and breakouts from trying out other moisturizers. I am not a fan of the jar packaging, but whatever.

Note: Do not use this alone under makeup as it might pill. You need to layer something over this like primer or sunscreen.

on 8/8/2014 7:23:00 PM

I am very disappointed in this product. I applied it during the day as a light moisturizer, because I did not want to have a lot of layers on my face. Lo and behold, when I went to apply my makeup, the gel starting pilling and caused the makeup to come off with it. I spent fifteen minutes trying to get rid of what looked like dead skin all over my face. I did not apply the product generously, so I have no idea why it did that, but I am not interested in further experimentation.

Popular Moisturizers