Hada Labo Skin Plumping Gel Cream

4.2

water, hydroxyethyl urea, butylene glycol, glycerin, pentylene glycol, PEG/PPG/polybutylene glycol-8/5/3 glycerin, squalane, triethylhexanoin, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP copolymer, agar, alpha-glucan, arginine, citric acid, dimethicone, dipropylene glycol, disodium EDTA, glucosyl ceramide, hydrolyzed collagen (marine), hydrolyzed hyaluronic acid, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, methylisothiazolinone, sodium acetylated hyaluronate, sodium chloride, sodium citrate, sodium hyaluronate, triethyl citrate.

I waited until I finished the jar to write this review. And I'm on the fence. It is a good moisturizer. But a little goes a LONG way. I have had the same issues other reviewers have mentioned. If you apply too much, your skin will stay sticky for hours afterwards. If you apply too much and then apply primer or foundation, you will have pilling problems. I can honestly say that I didn't see visibly "plumb" skin after application. But I do feel this is a decent, inexpensive moisturizer. Also, using the product involves sticking your finger into the jar- extremely unhygienic!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really wanted to like this product because it does moisturize really well but it caused my skin to itch and become more red. I didn't really like the finish of this product either it was really sticky and didn't really dry. I don't think I'll buy it again but it would be a great product if it didn't make me itch.

I bought a travel sized jar of this at Bed Bath Beyond for $7.99 and it came with a $3.00 coupon for a future purchase. It's a perfect size to give it a good run.

I use this product only,at night because I found it pills under makeup and it's also very sticky so not great for day. I layer it over Mizon snail cream at night. Unlike other reviewers I find the stickiness stays a long time, until it rubs off on my pillow. It's very hydrating and makes my skin look luminous the next day, it's worth having in my Arsenal and the price is good. Next I want to try layering it over retinol serum. Loads of possibilities with this.

I don't have breakout prone skin so I can't say if it helps with acne. I do plan on purchasing a full size jar after I get through the travel size, however a little bit goes a long way the travel jar lasted a month for me.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Oh man, this stuff is the bombdigity seriously. I normally wait a while before I review, but I have only been using this gel for 4 days. I usually balk when I see such an early review, but I'm 99% certain my opinion on this stuff is never going to change. I'm going to break it down like this-
Pro's:

- Extremely, deeply moisturizing
- Gel formula- Everything you wanted Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel to be
- Very high dose of hyaluronic acid
- Great to use in a many step system, in between serum and cream
- Great to use alone
- Completely comfortable to use around the eyes
- Does not leave a weird texture that balls up
- Absorbs completely

- My skin is both oily and dry depending on the season. I see this as being great for ALL skin types. Seriously, it's a gel, so it is perfect for oily skin, but it's so moisturizing, it's great for dry skin. It's an enigma wrapped inside a taco, inside of a Taco Bell (lol ^.^) **Update**-> I've been using this for 2 months now and I still think it's good for dry skin, however, now that the temp has dropped into the teens F/ negative C where I live, my skin has become wind chapped, extremely dry AF :(, I'm also outside A LOT though, so that makes matters worse. This is still great and I look forward to slapping it on, but I definitely need to add another layer of something richer on top for this extreme situation, fyi. This definitely enhances the richer cream I apply on top.** (stop update)

- No fragrance, No parabens, No cones, No mineral oil, No dyes (I'm not hardcore about this sort of stuff, but if I can find a great product without any of it, well then, yes please!)

- Great price! I consider this to be a fantastic price for such a high quality product. The majority of the time I'm paying over 30 bucks a pop for my skin creams. I am picky though.

- For anyone that can shop at Ulta online, it's available. That means sales and points :) I got mine for $14.99, it's normally $24.99, but I'm sure they will have bogo 50% on these in the future, plus you can use the $3.50 off for it anytime because it's not prestige.

Con's:

- It does take about 5 minutes for it to soak in and there is a sort of wet texture until it does, doesn't bother me though

- It's in a jar. Again, this doesn't bother me. My field of study is biology/ medical science. I've taken plenty of micro bio classes and I can promise you, as long as you're washing your hands before you use it, there is nothing to worry about. I'll spare you a long drawn out explanation, but it's really not a big deal. On a side note, if something has retinol or a highly active ingredient, then it should be in an airtight, light proof container. This stuff doesn't qualify for that type of packaging.

The only thing I really can't speak for is if it will break me out or clog my pores. In the short amount of time that I've had it though, my skin has not become congested at all. It just feels deeply moisturized and happy. Since it's free of so many potentially irritating ingredients, I really don't see it becoming a problem. I see this product as being fantastic for sensitive skin.

This is something I can say will ALWAYS be in my skincare arsenal from now on, as long as they keep making it and I pray they never stop. It's what I've been looking for ever since I first stared using Clinique's DDMG 15 years ago, which I loved, but it was never enough moisture. Next time there is a sale I'm buying back ups. Give it a try, it's such a simple moisture gel, yet it packs a powerful punch!

**Update** OK, so like I said in my mini update, I've been using this for 2 months now, still LOVE it. I appreciate this product even more now. I don't detract from the fact that it can't stand alone when my skin is weather related extremely dry, I actually appreciate it more, it's so multipurpose in my eyes. I've basically been using it as a serum for now, but I know when it gets really hot and humid, and my skin begins to feel oily and sticky, that I can dial down my SC routine to just slapping this on by itself if I feel like it. I've used 3 jars since I wrote my first review of this and I'll keep repurchasing. The reason why I've used 3 jars in 2 months though is because I totally dropped my brand new 2nd jar into my sink, while open, and lost about 3/4 of the product...so I guess that adds slightly to the "open jar" con lol ;)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Not moisturizing enough for my 56 year old skin, it also seemed to leave a tacky residue on my skin. If I rubbed my face, I got "crumbs" of moisturizer on my fingers. Nope.

Great product.
Some background: I have oily skin and am prone to breakouts, though my skin has been well behaved lately. Unfortunately (like, really unfortunately) I had an insane reaction to a new cleanser and my face broke out pretty badly. In my ongoing battle against that situation, I had been using my old standby mandelic acid peel and other harsh things like benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, etc almost nightly. You can imagine that after about a week I still had zits and oiliness yet my skin was like sandpaper with crazy enlarged angry pores and flakes...it was not good.

So I picked this up. Normal retail is $24.99 I believe but Bed Bath & Beyond carries it and I used my 20% off coupon - Ulta also has it, so you can use your Ulta coupons. I think around $20 is reasonable for a moisturizer. It's in a heavy glass jar with a square lid - very minimal design. The product itself is a thick gel with a heavy, creamy consistency. Not gonna lie, when I first put it on I was wary. I had all those breakouts and it felt a little suffocating, so I used it sparingly. It felt refreshing and soothing but also a little heavy and sticky. But oh man did my skin drink it up overnight. Woke up to plump, refreshed skin with no oiliness or bad reactions.

I've been using it for about 2 weeks now and: a) not ONE breakout, and my old ones are healing nicely. b) flakes and dry spots eradicated, pores calmed, skin way more balanced. c) no additional oiliness. d) I'm still only dipping into the part that's stuck to the cap!

I advise only using a little bit under makeup as it can still feel sticky and takes a while to absorb. It will sluice off your face in the morning, which is weird because it makes me feel like it doesn't absorb but it does, at least enough to do good things.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I adore this product!! I suffer from extremely dry skin and this hydrates and nourishes my face. Since this product is a gel, I put this product in a cool place so that when I apply it to my skin it feels extremely refreshing. I completely recommend this product!

Amazing! Go and buy this. I have combination skin. I get oily but around my nose and mouth is dry. This product has my my skin feel great. Dry skin is gone with only one use. Doesn't feel oily. Plus I got a free sample of the hydrating was and I love it also. I'm going to buy it as well. This is my new skin care routine!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

I love this stuff. It goes on weirdly with an egg white consistency but it sinks into my skin so quickly. I find it works best if I spritz on a moisturising spray first and let that settle in, then apply just to 'seal the deal'.
It costs a bomb to get it shipped here to Australia, but I like it enough that I think I'll be ordering 2 at a time when I'm flush to ensure I won't run out.
Does it compare to the cheapo Lacura brand I've been using? Sure - you can tell this is a quality product as opposed to a discount supermarket brand. But the price difference does make me pause.
Also, it's in a pot which I don't like as I find the efficacy of the product lessens as you get down to the end. I'd prefer a tube so I could control how much I used far better. I will say that I'll be actively searching for other products by this brand as I'm that impressed by how soft and young my skin looks - and it is definitely helping to soften my lines and wrinkles.

My new HG moisturizer!! The only moisturizer that can keep up with my dry skin and make my dry spots/patches disappear! This significantly cuts down the amount of times I need to exfoliate which can be quite harsh and rough on my skin. And it doesnt break me out!! Which a lot of moisturizing creams that are usually high in glycerin will do. It's slightly pricy at $24, but it's definitely worth it. It doesnt seem to be a problem for me under makeup as long as i let it fully absorb into my skin. Oh I would also like to note that I only apply over a damp face, and then spritz again after with a face mist to help the hyaluronic acid do its job. Anyways, I definitely recommend it!!