January 26, 2015 | 1303 users online

Moisturizers - Hada Labo - Skin Plumping Gel Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2015 11:52:00 PM More reviews by antiguru

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Received a sample which lasted me several uses. I only used around my eyes since I am prone to breakouts. This was awesome and very lavish feeling. Gel consistency, glided on beautifully and absorbed well. Will definitely buy full size when I finish others I need to use up.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by sindoodoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I got a sample of this with an Ulta order, and it is AMAZING. My skin is combination -- oily cheeks with large pores, but fine lines at the dry skin around my nose, especially in the winter. This did a great job of hydrating the dry areas without making the oily areas greasy. It sunk in really well. I'm definitely going to look to buy the full size after I use up my current moisturizer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2014 11:17:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It is hard to find a moisturizer that does not cause breakouts on my combination skin. I have both the Hada Labo Gel Cream and the serum. They both work very well at keeping my skin hydrated without causing acne. It is an interesting product in that it contains three different types of hyaluronic acid. Great product at an affordable price.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by m3976

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've tried dozens and dozens of high-end and drugstore moisturizers on my extremely dry and sensitive skin, and nothing has worked as well as the skin plumping gel cream. I use quite a heavy layer at night, patting it in as recommended on the website, and when I wake up my face actually looks plumped and hydrated. I was honestly shocked by how well it worked the first time I tried it. It also doesn't break me out or have any objectionable smell, and I love the beautiful packing. I use a beauty spatula to remove it from the jar.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2014 10:45:00 AM More reviews by incognito

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A little background: normal/sensitive skin that is usually very dehydrated due to the super dry climate I live in. I have been using skin care and cosmetics for 25+ years so I've "been there, done that" and don't usually get too excited about the claims made by skin care companies. I tried the sample of this that came in a magazine, used it at night after washing my face, and it lasted for 2 applications. I did like the texture and the lack of fragrance very much but I wasn't expecting anything special in terms of results. Well... the morning after each application, when I was washing my face, I noticed how extremely soft and smooth my face felt! It was definitely due to this product as nothing else changed in my routine. So now I'm dying to get the full size of this, but I live in Canada and it seems they don't sell this here, at least not yet, and the US online retailers don't ship to Canada (boo! C'mon people. There's money to be spent here!).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2014 1:16:00 AM More reviews by apbunz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin: dehydrated, dry, acne-prone

I love this moisturizer and it is my HG. It's hard to find a deeply hydrating moisturizer that doesn't break me out/include fatty alcohols while also addressing my dehydrated skin issues. I use this under avocado oil for extra moisturization. My skin definitely looks and feels healthier and plump after a bout of dryness and breakouts from trying out other moisturizers. I am not a fan of the jar packaging, but whatever.

Note: Do not use this alone under makeup as it might pill. You need to layer something over this like primer or sunscreen.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I am very disappointed in this product. I applied it during the day as a light moisturizer, because I did not want to have a lot of layers on my face. Lo and behold, when I went to apply my makeup, the gel starting pilling and caused the makeup to come off with it. I spent fifteen minutes trying to get rid of what looked like dead skin all over my face. I did not apply the product generously, so I have no idea why it did that, but I am not interested in further experimentation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by qmsterling

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is great, IMO. I use it before bed, and fine lines/wrinkles really are lessened by morning. I can absolutely see the difference if I skip a night. Recommend!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2014 2:00:00 AM More reviews by vesuvia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Should have patch tested. Sigh. In the hopes of finding a new HG moisturizer, I slathered this all over my face - and immediately began to itch. Should have washed it all off but I was too sleepy and I thought, the ingredient list looks so harmless! Woke up the next morning with raised red itchy patches of inflammation all around my lower face. :-/ Worst of all, I've lost the receipt so I can't return it! ARGH. I'd also give it a low rating for packaging - a jar just isn't hygienic nor is it great for keeping the contents fresh.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by lashandbrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am in my 20s and my skin is drier than the Sahara. THIS STUFF IS AMAZING. Lightweight, but HYDRATING. And it can go under my makeup. HG for now. Ulta better not stop selling this stuff.

FYI -- if you have oily skin -- it will still be great --- just use very LITTLE --- (I would apply it like a serum --- one drop for your whole face.

You won't be disappointed.