Frank Body - Coffee Scrub

4.1

God, I love this stuff!!!! I like using some sort of a scrub at least once a week and I read about this scrub, I thought it was over-hyped, but decided to give it a try on an impulse buy. I am SOOOO glad I bought it.

Maybe it doesn't do all it claims it does, for example I still have stretch marks and some red spots here and there, but it really gets rid of the layer of dead skin at the surface of my skin. It moisturizer very well. I know some people complain about the smell, but I happen to love it.

The stuff gets insanely messy, but I just use it in the shower so its not too bad. My only issue is that a lot of the products gets wasted (since it comes in a bag and it has a very crumbly texture) and this stuff is not cheap.

The way i use it is I wet my skin in the shower and get a palm full for both arms and another palm ful for my legs and then scrub everything else; back, neck, face, buttocks.

I am really into organice, natural products at the moment and this stuff doesnt contain any harsh chemicals or anything that would be bad for your skin. Highly recommend!!!!

In Short:

ABSOLUTELY LOVE!! after one use, I have fallen hard and fast for this scrub!
Eczema is barely visible and my rough uneven textured skin on my face is diminished drastically after one use!
I have sensitive skin and I had no problems on my face (just be gentle)

More About My Experience:

So I got this scrub online and for NZ$21.95 including the shipping wasn't bad, but I hoped it would work especially paying that for just coffee grinds!
I have sensitive skin and nearly every product I react to (even sensitive skin formulas), I have eczema also which has since flared up in small patches over summer. So with this in mind I was sceptical on rubbing something new all over my body and face.

The packaging is horrible for use in the shower, I guess transferring to a container will be best for this. The cardboard snaplock bag shouldn't get wet so make sure you dry your hand that you pick up the bag with!

The original coffee scrub has an orange oil in it but this scrub smells more on the coffee side. It smells quite strong when applying but once washed off it only lingers slightly (I don't notice it and it smells quite nice).
The oil leaves a nice smoothing residue on your skin too which I love, my skin is soft and hydrated, like no moisturise or oil has ever done for me.

I used this scrub on my face and noticed the rough looking skin I have had for ages (that I have been trying everything to get rid of.......GONE!!!). I tried scrubs and moisturisers but nothing I tried made my forehead look this good, I only hope it keeps looking smoother.
Also my eczema is always rough and red.......IT'S BARELY VISIBLE!!!

Overall, I think this scrub is amazing, I only used one small handful and focused on my thighs and tummy (not that I have cellulite or stretch marks, but hey!). It's going to be interesting to see how I go with the whole sensitive skin thing! but for now I am in LOVE!!! Definitely worth a try and after one use if I'm seeing benefits then bring it on!

This product is fine. I got the cacao version because I read that the coffee smell is pretty strong and I don't love the idea of smelling like coffee all day. The cacao one smelled more like chocolate but I could definitely smell the coffee too. My biggest issue with this scrub is how unbelievably inconvenient it is. The instructions say to apply it all over the body while in the shower and then wait 10 minutes before rinsing it off. Personally, I rarely have time to wait 10 minutes on anything while showering. Plus, I got really cold standing away from the water covered in scrub waiting to be able to rinse it off. The scrub itself made my skin pretty soft for the day, but I didn't see a noticeable difference after a few hours. I liked the idea of this product but for the price, inconvenience and lack of results, I wouldn't repurchase.

This is more of a first impression rather than a full review because I only JUST used it for the first time, but I'm gonna give a little rundown of what I do and don't like about this product.

1. I HATE the website and marketing tactics. 90% of the crap on the site is completely useless. I hate the mostly naked girls prancing around with coffee grounds on them, I hate that the site continually calls me "babe," I hate that their main marketing tactic is getting essentially teen girls to take shower photos of themselves, everything about it is annoying and FRANKly insulting to me.

2. I hate the packaging. Before I bought this i knew i was going to hate the packaging. Who the heck thought using a ziploc paper bag for a product that was meant to be used in the shower was a good idea?? First of all, after opening it once it's difficult to reseal it or even KNOW for sure if you have it resealed. Second of all, if you have it sitting somewhere where water can touch it, it will likely fold over on itself once it gets damp and collapse, causing you to lose product (this actually happened to me even though I was being careful).

3. The price of this is reasonable I guess. $15 isn't really THAT bad and you seem to get quite a bit of product considering you really don't need all that much to get the job done. But with that being said, this stuff would be super easy to make at home for much cheaper without giving money to what comes across to me as a misogynistic company (and you can put it in a JAR instead of a stupid paper BAG)

4. Now that I have all the negative stuff out of the way, this stuff makes my skin feel softer than it has ever felt in my whole entire life? It's amazing. It leaves a soft sort of oily feeling afterward, which I could see some people not liking, but mostly it feels moisturizing.

I have acne on my face and back, as well as scarring, and stretch marks on my thighs and knees. I obviously can't speak to how well this product actually helps those things, as it claims, but as I use this product, I'll update and state whether I've seen any improvement at all.

At this point, rather than repurchasing, I think I would rather just make my own, but that decision has nothing to do with the product's performance (however I wouldn't rule out a repurchase).

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really love this body scrub. It's very gritty so I use it only once a week to scrub away my self tanner. It smells like coffee and oranges. There is a light moisturizing film of oil left on your skin when you wash it off so you feel extra soft and not dry at all. It is very messy but I have a removable shower head so I can just wash the tub out that way. Like many others, I bought this after seeing it on instagram and then kind of forgot about it but once I started using it again I can tell it makes a huge difference. I will repurchase even thought it is a pain since I live in the US

Overhyped.
Its pretty good but not for me. Application is tedious (shower in hot water, apply in small circular motions, leave to dry for 10 minutes etc). Come on people, I'm trying to achieve soft skin, it shouldn't take all day. The packaging is what kills it for me. I get they are trying to be cute and hipster but good luck sealing it after one or two uses. I know this is a really popular product with the young people (ie me) but if it wasn't for its highly stylised and trendy instagram account/following I doubt it would be as popular as it is.
Its a flop imo.

Absolutely love it!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE all Frank products! I recommend them to all of my friends and anyone who is trying to achieve the products claim. I have had the original body scrub, the cacao body scrub, the coconut body scrub and the body balm.I have found all these products likeable and have targeted imperfections such as stretch marks, scars, blotchy skin etc. It feels great against the skin and I love the texture, it also suits sensitive skin as I have never had a problem with it including use of it on my face. I adore the smell of these products and it makes my skin feel soft, silky and leaves me feeling refreshed. It is easy to apply, easy to wash off it does make a mess of your shower although it does now stick therefore is easily rinsed off with water. The packaging of this product is to die for!! I have just ordered the 'mix and match' bundle for a friends christmas present and it comes in a cute little pink box with notes that make you feel special, also comes with cute little booklets with all you need to know and lovely patterns. Frank really doesn't miss a thing! I have been buying these products for 2 years now and have never been disappointed!

I must be the only one that finds this scrub extremely oily
and hard to wash off.
My skin does not feel smooth at all but very greasy. :(((((((

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Leaves skin soft, supple, smooth, and smelling delicious :) Reasonably priced for what it is. I use it about once a week. One bag lasts awhile. No miraculous cellulite or acne reduction for me. Be sure to cleanse face after use to get rid of excess oil. For reference, I am 22 with normal skin with light acne/some acne scarring on cheeks & some cellulite and stretch marks. I had the regular one and I just ordered the peppermint one, so we shall see if the peppermint changes anything :o