Frank Body - Coffee Scrub

4.4

on 2/13/2015 2:01:00 PM

First off... I'm not the type of person to write a review about anything but I was so impressed with this product that I had to give it a shout out! I am 25 years old and have been battling with acne since I was 13. People always told me I would grow out of it but I was that unlucky person that never did. I literally tried every product out there you can think of. You name it, I've tried it. Nothing I tried was ever consistent. It would work for a while and then before you know it I was breaking out again. I even went to a dermatologist and was put on antibiotics for almost a year and as soon as I got off the medication I was back to having acne again. It's awful, I was hopeless and was convinced that I will forever have acne for the rest of my life. One day, my best friend introduced me to frank scrub and told me that I needed to try it. I thought whatever another product that probably wont work on me but what's the worst that can happen if I tried it? Boy was I wrong! This stuff is AMAZING!!! Within weeks my acne was completely gone and even my scars are starting to disappear. I was blown away! Nothing EVER works on me so for me to find a product that actually does that really means something. And not only is my acne gone, but my skin looks and feels amazing! I'm constantly getting compliments on my face and how great it looks! I've never felt better! All I can say is, TRY IT! It's worth every penny to just try it! I can't tell you how thankful I am for this product.

on 2/12/2015 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I saw this product on social media, which is how most are hearing about it it seems. I was in the market for a new body scrub and decided to give it a go.

Their website is cute and easy to use. Ordering was also easy and I love that it had free postage in Australia.

The product arrived quickly, which was also a pleasant surprise. The packaging is cute (there's that word again), although probably not as suitable for purpose as it could be.

I've used it a couple of times now, almost finished the packet. Overall, it's pretty good. I like the scent and the texture. I like how soft it makes my skin. I don't like the residual oil at the end, nor how messy it is. So far I've only used this product in summer, and I don't think it's going to get much of an outing in winter, as I have to stand around in the shower waiting for 5 minutes for it to do it's business. I'm too scared to do anything else because it is so messy and the coffee grinds seem to go everywhere.

It doesn't stain like I was afraid it would, which is a bonus. I have fairly sensitive skin, and I had no reactions and no breakouts after using this product. Not convinced it has done anything for my cellulite, but that being said I am not using it on the regular, just every now and then.

We have a fairly large shower recess, so I find that I am having to try to wash it down thoroughly after using this product which can be a bit of a pain. I probably would have given it a better review if it wasn't as messy.

I'll probably buy this product again if I don't find anything else I want to try before I run out, but it's definitely not my HG product.

on 2/12/2015 4:35:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this scrub on and off for a few months, and it has done absolute miracles for my skin.

I have a lot of dark red scars on my thighs, some old/some recent ish (but healed completely) and it has faded them to a light pink/silver. I would definitely recommend this for anyone with s/h scars or any scars!
I get discolouration on my bikini area/underarms from shaving and this scrub completely got rid of that, as well as reduced how often I get shaving rash.
Also worked good on my stretchmarks but my use has been inconsistent so can't report too much on those, but when I used to use it a lot and used a stretchmark reduce oil afterwards, it faded mine a LOT. You just have to keep it up.

Pros:
Smells good if you like coffee, they have other flavors(?) too.
Exfoliates, softens, and gets rid of scars/stretch marks/discoloration.
Makes you feel super clean.
Good price.
Lasts for a while depending on use

Cons:
Hard to avoid a bit of mess, wouldn't recommend if someone in your house dislikes coffee
There is a bit of waste, but can be reduced if you're careful
Haven't noticed any changes in my cellulite even though it claims to reduce it.

Would buy again for sure, and works miracles with consistent use.

on 1/24/2015 12:44:00 PM

Honestly when I bought Frank Coffee Scrub I just did it for the soft skin, but then after just a couple scrubs I noticed my acne clearing up and my acne scars noticeably fading. In the winter my face gets really dry and flakey and its not cute but since I've been using Frank it hasn't been dry at all. My skin tone used to be uneven due to the dryness and acne scars but with every scrub it gets more and more even :) The only thing I didn't like about the original is the smell, but thats just personal preference. I ordered the peppermint scrub yesterday and I'm excited to get scrubbing again.

I didn't expect these results at all and I couldn't be more pleased! My only regret is that I didn't take a "before" picture!

on 1/13/2015 4:54:00 AM

You must be freaking kidding me! Is this a joke?? I don't get the hype about this product. You can make this at home with ingredients from your kitchen , without paying 15 euros for 200g. It is interesting how 90% of the reviewers have just 1 or 2 reviews- this says it all!

The ingredients are: coffea robusta seed powder (coffee), prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, water (aqua), sodium chloride (salt), sucrose (brown sugar), citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) oil, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin e), fragrance (parfum)* * natural.

If you make it at home, you can make it fresh every time or put in a container and you can use it as many times as you want and you don't have to spend so much money! And you have a big quantity also.

I tried this scrub while at my cousin's place in Paris. I forgot my homemade body clay mask and as we were just coming back from the pool, I needed to scrub my body because of the things they put in the pools. This scrub smells nice and it makes the skin smooth but really nothing special because it left my skin a tad dry.
I looked at the ingredients and asked my cousin if she is crazy for spending that much money for something she can do at home.

I used to do my own scrub with coffee, almond oil (or any oil is good for my skin), sea salt or epsom salt. You can also out your essential oil of choice (I prefer without the EO).
And I can make a huge pot without paying that much money.

I would not buy this.

on 1/13/2015 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hands down the best exfoliater I have ever used. I'm not one to write reviews about things but I had to rave about this product. My skin has never felt smoother or more supple. My boyfriend has always thought I had soft skin since I've been trying out tons of scrubs but he even noticed the difference and has said he couldn't believe that my skin could get any softer. I used to have some pretty rough patches around my knees and elbows but the Frank Original scrub has changed my life. I use this product every other day and although it is kind of messy it saves time because you really don't need to apply a moisturizer since this leaves a layer of residue that feels much like a moisturizer would. I've only been using for 3 weeks and I'm totally in love. I'm still waiting on results on the tiny stretch marks I have around my thighs and butt however it's not a big concern for me, if the scrub helps all the better! Not only has this helped make my skin soft but it has cleared the occasional body acne that I tend to get from time to time. My skin is radiant and clearer than ever. It's totally okay to use this on your face as well but since my skin is oily as is I use only for my body. can't live without this product. It's a must have.

on 12/29/2014 5:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

I started using this because I heard it helps fade acne scarring and stretch marks. When I began using it, I tried using it every time I took a shower, which was honestly so exhausting and wasted a lot of time. Also, the results were very minimal and it was disappointing not seeing quicker results. I later switched to using it every other day and the results were suddenly improving and my acne scars and stretch marks were beginning to lighten, not dramatically but still better. The scent from the product doesn't seem to irritate my skin at all, but it might if you have more sensitive skin. Also, when you wash off the scrub it give you the softest skin ever. I ran out just recently and I'm waiting for my new one to come in soon, but I'm really glad with the results I've had so far (and I heard in about 3 months of using the product you should be given the results you want, i.e. scarring/eczema/stretch marks gone).

Only bad thing is the mess it leaves when you wash it off, but that's not even too bad.

on 11/22/2014 5:29:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This is the only body scrub i stick to because to be honest, im lazy when it comes to pampering except my face. Its like dieting to me, i feel the passion to do better and change, try to stick to it and eventually its sitting in the shower collecring mold. I give it very little attention till its summer and i found a really great tan i enjoy to use.

I like this because it feel amazing. Its not those thick gooy slime with grains added into them that you find in most body scrubs. I like that its just coffe bits with no soap and you just add water. It smells amazing and easy to scrub all over the body. Its just simple.

Afterward, when you rinse off you feel very soft and it leaves a residue of some oil depending which packet you got and when you dry yourseld it because like a moisturiser. I also tried this on my face and it didnt seem to break me out but if you are worried then wash your face after to remove the oils left on the face.

I also love the packaging. Its a nice paper bag thats waterproof on the inside and a resealable zip at the top. Although having said that, i know its not the most convienent packaging.. shower and paper bag... it does get wet but doesnt ruin the product but the bag wont look the same.

I havent noticed any different with my strechmarks on my hips and scars from my operation but i havent been using it so often.

I guess i give it a high rating is that its just personal preference. I like my scrub dry but with moisture. Smells quite nice not like those soapy girly sweet scent scrubs and the packaging is really nice. I will continue to use this to see effects on my skin apart from just a body scrub. But i think it lightened my belly piercing scar. It use to be a black dot but now it just looks like a skin coloured scar and the scar on the inside of the belly where i didnt scrub is still a black dot.

I havent tried other coffee body scrubs but i think ill like coffee scrubs in general BUT the difference with this and others i found like 'MR bean body' is that it has free shipping in au, cheaper than others (around 15$) and quite fast decent shipping.

TIp: Use a face cleanser and add alittle of the scrub and use it as a exfoliator. i dont have to go out and buy another facewash with scrubs in it which saves so much money because I dont use it daily which means its more of a waste of money. I have a very thick cleanser so i just squeeze some on my finger and dip it in the body scrub and it seems to have enough exfoliation. The amount of scrub is up to your preference but i would suggest using not using more than 1:1 or if the scrub is falling off the cleanser.

I don't know I feel this an overhyped product due to social media tactics that market this to late teens to early 20 somethings who don't even have cellulite problems. I didn't see any removal in stretch marks and there's fragrance in the scrub which can easily irritate your skin if you use it on your face. I didn't experience any results. I do have some light stretch marks but after using it not much difference. It does make your skin smooth but any exfoliating scrub does. I don't think I would repurchase.

on 7/10/2014 6:21:00 AM

Amazing exfoliator! Leaves the skin feeling soft and smooth with a lovely coffee scent. Easy to use and not too messy (unless you go crazy). My skin has never been this soft!