December 19, 2014 | 1415 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear- Stay In Place HIGH COVER Concealer SPF 35 (Cream Compact, NOT Liquid)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 2:32:00 AM More reviews by EffyG

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Holy grail concealer!! I use this more for blemishes/spots/freckles or redness rather than under eye but you can definitely use this for both. Only thing is, if you're using it for under eye definitely use an eye cream prior. I bought this after owning the very similar Sephora 8 hr perfect cover concealer. I tried this because the 1st shade in the Sephora line was too dark/yellow. I use this in very light and have zero complaints. It's very creamy and blends wonderfully into the skin. I use a tiny bit and I get the coverage I need and I'm set.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by custardtart

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the only make-up I have ever returned to the store. Thick, impossible to blend and just looked orange on my pale skin (I bought the palest shade). It reminded me of the cheap concealer I bought as a teenager which resulted in orange patches all over my face. Not a good look. Anyway I exchanged this for the creamier version in a tube which is much better and great customer service from EL!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2014 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Yasmin116

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an ok, meh kind of product for me.
I have it in the shade 4N to match my NC44 South Asian skin.
I agree with the previous reviewer, this is not the best for the under eye as I find it does an less than average job of concealing my very dark under eye circles. I therefore use this in conjunction with other concealers to even out skin tone or to cover blemishes.
It has a nice creamy consistency and looks nice and smooth when used to cover blemishes on the skin, however I don't find to to particularly last.
Overall, a pretty average product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by aqua76239

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am always searching for concealer because I have BAD undereye circles(genetic). I tried MAC concealer in a pot and it covers but creases like crazy. With EL I had almost identical experience. Color I had was 1N I believe which is the lightest one but its not really ivory more yellowish beige-it does cover but once again, creases. I dont' even have major lines around my eyes but if you smile, it will be enough. I set it lightly with powder, btw. Without it, it smears and creases even worse. if you want that kind of concealer, I suggest MAC because they have better color choices. If you are super pale like I am, most colors at EL will be too dark and yellowish.
This concealer is best used on blemishes and the like, not for under eyes

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by pollyina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This concealer is just AMAZING. I got it as a gift from my dad but wow, I love it! I used the 3C Medium (cool) shade and it fit my skin perfect, although i am always ivory/ light shade. It covers everything - it is definately best coverage concealer I used. It lasts all day. The only minus of the concealer is the price, but it's definately worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2014 5:55:00 PM More reviews by RuqZy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow. Everything about this concealer is so great. I'm surprised it's not as popular as I thought it would be. Coverage is superb, blends in very well to my skin but bare in mind that only happens if the shade matches your exact skin colour. It's not drying and doesn't crease.

However, it dries up on my skin A LITTLE only because my skin is super duper dry due to an allergic reaction I've had to another product which totally dried out my skin.

The texture is amazingly soft and creamy. Truly a dream to apply. Also, one thing I hardly used to care about but I thought I'd still mention it, the packaging! It's lovely! Comes in a little blue and gold classy box!

I just hope this doesn't harm my skin in the future at all as my skin is sensitive. I will be updating to let you know whether it still works for me.

Update - Taking a few lippies off as this gave me an allergic reaction. It was truly too good to be true. Be careful and test on one area of yur face.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2014 1:17:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have two shades in the Double wear liquid version I use: Winter/Spring - Light Medium (NC35) Summer/Fall - Warm Medium (NC40). When I saw the cream version, I bought 2W - Light Medium. Let me tell you that the cream version is chalky and not as natural looking as the liquid version. The cream version creases with or without powder (I have tried both ways). I will go back to my liquid db concealer in light medium. I had high hopes for this product because I thought the creaminess looked better than MAC, Bobbi Brown, or Benefits cream concealers. I believe the 3W - Medium melts better to the skin but is much more orange.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by cowgirl64505

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Upon first trying the product, I noticed that it seemed to highlight the fine lines under my eyes, which I do not normally have an issue with. After wearing for 6 hours in the winter, I looked in the mirror to see that it had settled in the creases under my eyes and looked awful. I had set it with powder upon application, so it should not have creased this badly. I did love the way it covered and seemed to cover my dark undereye circles nicely. I also loved the way it highlighted my undereye area and looked great from a distance. I returned the product and am still on the hunt for a great concealer!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by ssullivan173

This is an identical dupe for MAC Studio Finish Concealer. It makes sense, Mac is a lauder-owned company and Studio Finish is very popular, so Estee Lauder made their own version.

The ONLY difference between the two?

THE SHADES.

Personally I prefer MAC in NC20, (Mixed w/NC30 in summer to make NC22), however that doesnt mean that will be the popular choice. Mac has warm and cool (which are opposite of what Lauder calls wam & cool so beware) and Lauder does too. MAC has long been criticized for only having two tone variations NW or NC. Their NC is yellow-orange which I personally prefer, however they really dont have much to accomodate for any olive toned skin (ie greenish undertone.) Lancome has too much green/olive in their warm shades for me to find a match and unfortunately, this concealer does too. Warm Light would have been a perfect match for me in this, (it is in the liquid version) but it is just too greenish. Now it is a very nice olivey color, not beige like department stores, but it just wont work for me. I LOVE the VERY LIGHT which is neutral, but its just too light for me and its the only neutral shade available for light skin tones.

I didnt spend alot of time looking at the Cool Shades, but at first glance they seem very similar to MAC's NW Shades.

Bottom Line-

-If you Love Studio Finish, you will Love this, but you may not find your shade.

-if you love Studio Finish but cant find your shade, check this out, you may find a better match, ESPECIALLY if you are really neutral & pale, or Olive toned, or realitively deep toned and neutral.

-They do seem to have options for dark skin tones, but I dont know how dark.

-If you havent tried Studio Finish and want to try this, look up the reviews for Studio Finish then check out both to find your ideal shade!

Note: The shades in this concealer VARY GREATLY from typical double wear products. For reference I am 1w1 Bone in Double Wear Foundation, Warm Light in the liquid concealer, 1w1-2w1 in the resilience cream compact, Mac NC 20.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No