Estee Lauder Double Wear- Stay In Place HIGH COVER Concealer SPF 35 (Cream Compact, NOT Liquid)

3.2

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I originally shied away from this concealer as I need it for my dark under eye circles and I have fine lines, and was nervous this would just enhance them. However, I got a sample at Nordstroms and tried it for about a week on my under eye circles and on hyper pigmentation and I now plan to go back and buy the full sized product. It's multi use for me- I dab a little under the eyes (not to much or it will cake) and I can also use it on dark spots/freckles/blemishes. I love that I can use this on multiple areas of the face and it didn't break me out. It really does a great job at hiding dark under eye circles (Not exaggerating) A tiny bit of this concealer goes a long way. Has some of the best cover ability out of any concealers I have tried and I have tried them all- Mac, Nars, Chanel, Bobbi Brown, Bare Essentials..) I would just definitely recommend using a moisturizer before applying anywhere, esp under the eye, to help blend. Other than that I will definitely be keeping this in my makeup stash. I like this one better than the Estée Lauder Dw concealer in the tube - this one covers better and stays in place longer. Highly recommend.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this because I was looking for a lighter color for winter of my HG EL DW Max Cover Camouflage foundation (navy tube, gold cap) that I normally use to cover broken caps, PIH, and now scars from a bad IPL.

I normally dab the Max Cover camouflage only in areas where I need extra coverage OVER my regular foundation (currently Maybelline FitMe Matte+Poreless). The EL Max Cover is my all-time HG for coverage. Nothing comes close. I've even tried Dermablend and for me, the EL gives better coverage. Blows away KVD's Tattoo foundation. It's also water resistant - I can wear it swimming! I even used it to completely cover a large burst blood vessel from the bad IPL I had. I'm talking something the color of a blood blister - DARK red, w/ sharply demarcated lines - no gradual bruise fade. And the EL Max Cover did it beautifully.

However, the Camouflage mu has an extremely limited color range, w/ not enough WARM / yellow toned colors in the pale range. You have to get too dark for my skin, esp. in winter, to get the really yellow tones. I end up wearing a neutral and it looks a bit off on me.

So I thought this solid cream concealer described as EL's "highest coverage," in a thankfully pale warm ivory, would be a perfect replacement. This is a solid cream, rather than a liquid cream texture. I'm not a fan of solid creams, but I figured I'd give it a shot. Unfortunately, the coverage is nowhere NEAR that of the Max cover camouflage foundation in the tube. I think the problem is that it's solid cream that you can't really "spackle" on. You pat or wipe a bit onto a finger or sponge, and it relies on melting w/ the heat of your skin to liquefy enough to spread. The result is that you get an extremely thin layer that is basically melted solids. It does not seem to contain enough pigment in a thick enough layer to cover as well.

I tried layering several thin layers. No dice. It just starting looking cakey and unnatural. So, sadly, not a replacement in terms of coverage for the DW Max Cover camouflage foundation. I can't understand why EL would describe this as their highest coverage mu. It is NOT. Too bad. I keep writing to EL asking them to make more pale warm colors for my HG DW Max cover camouflage foundation. Over the years they even dc'd their palest color, Ivory. Not good!

Very irritating how almost every cosmetics co. thinks that all pale people are neutral or pink-toned, and they don't even make any really yellow tones until you get into the medium to dark colors. I am still dreaming of the day I can walk into a "foundation bar," get my skin matched like a paint chip, and my favorite foundation is CUSTOM colored to match MY SKIN EXACTLY. It can be done. They have the technology. They do it in paint stores! And while the color IQ that Sephora offers is helpful, it's not the same thing. You're still limited to the colors each company decides to make. Which may not match you. Sigh.

I love this concealer. I stipple it on with a brush. (It's a MUST to stipple this product onto the under eye area and/or face!!! Blends better. Builds better.) Great color selection. Creamy. Not drying. Blends very, very well. Covers. SPF35. Doesn't settle into fine lines and wrinkles. Wears well. HG for me! (I'm shocked at the poor reviews! Lisa Eldridge featured it on a very recent video for over 40.)

I use then when the gods give me a super red blemish. Covers amazing and only a little needed, love the package with a little mirror

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

While this concealer has amazing coverage, I find it hard to blend into my skin. I wouldn't recommend this for someone who has mature skin or dry skin. Personally, I won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Not impressed. It sounds incredible: long-wearing, high SPF, creamy...

Sadly, it performs poorly! It's one of those concealers that fades quickly, but looks much worse afterwards than without. It turns whiteish and patchy, making the "sleep" in your eyes white also. Not a good look! I've tried it with primer and different application methods with no luck in appearance and lasting power.

Fail!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

The color choices are great the concealer nice and thick the packaging really good nice solid easy to slip into your make up bag

PROS

Thick

Full coverage

Easy to use

Slips easy into make up bag

Great packaging

Great color selection

CONS OUTWEIGH THE PROS:

SPF 35 right next to my eyes, the SPF always gets into my eyes and burns burns burns so this is just not going to be repurchased, period

Sort of need to use some cream with this, it can be too dry

Only one color; may as well buy the LM dual concealer colors or other brand and mix / match

Over priced

This is another thing I got last Christmas and I've got to say I'm just not a huge fan of it

A little background for this - I had been on the hunt for a concealer for a while and I noticed that this was on sale with a slightly marked down price in Boots, I was thrilled understandably, double wear makeup is meant to have amazing coverage so this stuff will be good right?

I got this first in the shade Extra Light and then in Light Medium (the guy who colour matched me the first time gave me a shade that was three shades lighter than my skin lol) this stuff comes in a little pot, kind of like the Bobby Brown correctors and is pretty dry honestly, I had to really work with this at first to get any product up from it

While we're on this subject I just want to say that I HATE the packaging, it's so unhygenic and there's nothign you can do to stop dirt from getting into the product T_T

As for coverage I'm dealing with some quite nasty dark circles, I look like I've been punched each morning (not even joking on that one) so I need something pretty full on to cover it, I've yet to find anything that is actually up to the job

This stuff has pretty decent coverage, if you only had light to medium dark circles to cover then this would probably work but for me it just lessens the problem rather than actually hiding it

Another thing is that since it is so dry unless you moisturize like crazy or you're 12 this will crease and cake unlike anything else, I looked 70 in about two hours

In short I would NOT recommend this, I would instead try the Bobby Brown counter since their correctors actually feel nice and like they wouldn't make me look ancient

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This product goes on smooth!!! It blends perfectly for under eye and blemishes!

Paula's Choice rated this as a "best" concealer but sorry Paula, I disagree. I am giving this product 2 stars because it is highly pigmented, but the texture is very thick and difficult to blend into my skin. The finish is also cakey and doesn't really 'melt' into my skin. I purchased this concealer mainly because of the high SPF 35 rating, but the fact that it comes in a flip top compact doesn't give me confidence about it's stability as a sun protector, although the packaging is really cute and I like that it has a mirror in it. The lady at the counter recommended using a concealer brush to pick up and apply the product, but I find the texture too dry using that method. Instead I have to swirl my finger into the pan to warm it up and even then it's difficult to work with. I'm disappointed because I was hoping the texture would be similar to my Bobbi Brown stick foundation which I love and wish contained SPF. The sales lady chose the color 1C light (cool) which is a light/medium beige shade and just an okay match for my NC25/30 neutral skintone. I am on the fence about returning this product but I don't plan on repurchasing. Hence the search for a creamy concealer with a high SPF rating continues.