February 28, 2015 | 1860 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear- Stay In Place HIGH COVER Concealer SPF 35 (Cream Compact, NOT Liquid)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2015 1:23:00 AM More reviews by yenvyme80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product goes on smooth!!! It blends perfectly for under eye and blemishes!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2015 11:27:00 PM More reviews by February_Starr

Paula's Choice rated this as a "best" concealer but sorry Paula, I disagree. I am giving this product 2 stars because it is highly pigmented, but the texture is very thick and difficult to blend into my skin. The finish is also cakey and doesn't really 'melt' into my skin. I purchased this concealer mainly because of the high SPF 35 rating, but the fact that it comes in a flip top compact doesn't give me confidence about it's stability as a sun protector, although the packaging is really cute and I like that it has a mirror in it. The lady at the counter recommended using a concealer brush to pick up and apply the product, but I find the texture too dry using that method. Instead I have to swirl my finger into the pan to warm it up and even then it's difficult to work with. I'm disappointed because I was hoping the texture would be similar to my Bobbi Brown stick foundation which I love and wish contained SPF. The sales lady chose the color 1C light (cool) which is a light/medium beige shade and just an okay match for my NC25/30 neutral skintone. I am on the fence about returning this product but I don't plan on repurchasing. Hence the search for a creamy concealer with a high SPF rating continues.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 2:32:00 AM More reviews by EffyG

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Holy grail concealer!! I use this more for blemishes/spots/freckles or redness rather than under eye but you can definitely use this for both. Only thing is, if you're using it for under eye definitely use an eye cream prior. I bought this after owning the very similar Sephora 8 hr perfect cover concealer. I tried this because the 1st shade in the Sephora line was too dark/yellow. I use this in very light and have zero complaints. It's very creamy and blends wonderfully into the skin. I use a tiny bit and I get the coverage I need and I'm set.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by custardtart

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the only make-up I have ever returned to the store. Thick, impossible to blend and just looked orange on my pale skin (I bought the palest shade). It reminded me of the cheap concealer I bought as a teenager which resulted in orange patches all over my face. Not a good look. Anyway I exchanged this for the creamier version in a tube which is much better and great customer service from EL!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2014 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Yasmin116

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an ok, meh kind of product for me.
I have it in the shade 4N to match my NC44 South Asian skin.
I agree with the previous reviewer, this is not the best for the under eye as I find it does an less than average job of concealing my very dark under eye circles. I therefore use this in conjunction with other concealers to even out skin tone or to cover blemishes.
It has a nice creamy consistency and looks nice and smooth when used to cover blemishes on the skin, however I don't find to to particularly last.
Overall, a pretty average product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by aqua76239

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am always searching for concealer because I have BAD undereye circles(genetic). I tried MAC concealer in a pot and it covers but creases like crazy. With EL I had almost identical experience. Color I had was 1N I believe which is the lightest one but its not really ivory more yellowish beige-it does cover but once again, creases. I dont' even have major lines around my eyes but if you smile, it will be enough. I set it lightly with powder, btw. Without it, it smears and creases even worse. if you want that kind of concealer, I suggest MAC because they have better color choices. If you are super pale like I am, most colors at EL will be too dark and yellowish.
This concealer is best used on blemishes and the like, not for under eyes

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by pollyina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This concealer is just AMAZING. I got it as a gift from my dad but wow, I love it! I used the 3C Medium (cool) shade and it fit my skin perfect, although i am always ivory/ light shade. It covers everything - it is definately best coverage concealer I used. It lasts all day. The only minus of the concealer is the price, but it's definately worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2014 5:55:00 PM More reviews by RuqZy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow. Everything about this concealer is so great. I'm surprised it's not as popular as I thought it would be. Coverage is superb, blends in very well to my skin but bare in mind that only happens if the shade matches your exact skin colour. It's not drying and doesn't crease.

However, it dries up on my skin A LITTLE only because my skin is super duper dry due to an allergic reaction I've had to another product which totally dried out my skin.

The texture is amazingly soft and creamy. Truly a dream to apply. Also, one thing I hardly used to care about but I thought I'd still mention it, the packaging! It's lovely! Comes in a little blue and gold classy box!

I just hope this doesn't harm my skin in the future at all as my skin is sensitive. I will be updating to let you know whether it still works for me.

Update - Taking a few lippies off as this gave me an allergic reaction. It was truly too good to be true. Be careful and test on one area of yur face.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2014 1:17:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have two shades in the Double wear liquid version I use: Winter/Spring - Light Medium (NC35) Summer/Fall - Warm Medium (NC40). When I saw the cream version, I bought 2W - Light Medium. Let me tell you that the cream version is chalky and not as natural looking as the liquid version. The cream version creases with or without powder (I have tried both ways). I will go back to my liquid db concealer in light medium. I had high hopes for this product because I thought the creaminess looked better than MAC, Bobbi Brown, or Benefits cream concealers. I believe the 3W - Medium melts better to the skin but is much more orange.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by cowgirl64505

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Upon first trying the product, I noticed that it seemed to highlight the fine lines under my eyes, which I do not normally have an issue with. After wearing for 6 hours in the winter, I looked in the mirror to see that it had settled in the creases under my eyes and looked awful. I had set it with powder upon application, so it should not have creased this badly. I did love the way it covered and seemed to cover my dark undereye circles nicely. I also loved the way it highlighted my undereye area and looked great from a distance. I returned the product and am still on the hunt for a great concealer!