BeneFit Cosmetics The porefessional agent zero shine

2.3

Talc, Nylon-12, Water, Magnesium Myristate, Lauroyl Lysine, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Fruit Extract, Silica, Isoceteth-10, Ethylhexylglycerin, Aluminum Dimyristate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate. [+/-: CI 15850 (Red 6, Red 7, Red 7 Lake), CI 15985 (Yellow 6, Yellow 6 Lake), CI 19140 (Yellow 5, Yellow 5 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 45410 (Red 27, Red 27 Lake, Red 28 Lake), CI 73360 (Red 30, Red 30 Lake), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)].N 08064/A

on 12/5/2014 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Does nothing... Have very oily skin so was hoping it would take the shine off but you get better results from wiping your face with a tissue. Waste of money!

on 10/15/2014 2:05:00 PM

I got a sample of this that came in a packet, and even had a brush. When I dumped the packet out, I noticed that the powder was not finely milled. It was kind of in big chunks. Unusual, but not a major problem. The major problem is that it doesn't control oil, and doesn't even provide a finished look.

on 10/8/2014 9:54:00 PM

I really like this product. I use it as a finishing powder over foundation, and it gives me a very smooth matte finish with no shine throughout the whole day. I like the way it is packaged, but I don't use the brush that is included. I use my own kabuki brush. I sprinkle a little out at a time into an empty loose powder container and then use the brush to put it on. My one complaint about this product is the price. I don't mind paying 30 dollars for a good sized loose powder, but you get a very small amount of the product for the price. Because it runs out so quickly I usually try and use it for special occasions or when I really want to look my best.

on 9/30/2014 1:35:00 PM

When I first purchased this, I thought it will be a great combination to use it with the porefessional (which I love) but not really. The powder itself isn't fine. I can easily find something better from the drugstore. Gotta admit the packaging is cute, but the brush compartment is bizarre. I don't know if my brush has expanded over time but I find it hard to put back in. Don't think I will be repurchasing it as it is hefty in price.

on 9/24/2014 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is the worst primer I have ever used! I choose this product because I have combination skin and my t zone can get oily. However this product did not matte my face, instead it did nothing. I honestly feel like they smashed up beige dust and put it in a package.

This is a big let-down for me and the product has since sat in the forgotten corner of ‘unused beauty piles’. Yes, it is probably 95% unused. Not exactly a good investment for me.

I've detailed the 10 steps required to operate this cylindrical product at:
- http://bit.ly/mbc-porefessional

on 8/27/2014 5:14:00 PM

No no no. I did my research, read reviews and thought "forget it" I'll form my own opinion. After using for about a month... I am not a fan. The product DOES erase shine... For about 5 minutes. I found myself reapplying almost ever hour at work. The packaging is slightly more frustrating.. No mirror, and there is no way to regulate how much product you are tapping out. If you tap out too much, you might as well toss it or use it up because there is no way to get it back into the container. Not a fan. I'll stick to my nars presses powder.

on 8/1/2014 8:42:00 AM

I've seen this product advertised by several youtubers, and I was pleased with the rest of the Benefit Products I have tried... this and the packaging made me buy it (without consulting makeupalley first... what was I thinking?)
I am not very pleased with the product, although my expectations were not to the roof (I did not expect it to be as good as my HG Chanel podre universelle).

Let's put this simple:
===MY SKIN===
Very fair (Chanel 10, mac nc15), sensitive, reactive, combination of oily and normal (more on the normal side). I use powder to keep creamy products sliding off my face (which they always tend to), and less for oil control (a little on forehead and nose, but nothing that would make me touch up)

===PROS====
- packaging
- color - translucence
- brush included (a bit rough, but better than carrying my own huge one...)
- nice to carry around
- no smell, no glitter particles
- didn't break me out

===CONS===
- doesn't do much for oil control
- doesn't help makeup stay
- can't say it covers pores
- I used this along with the primer from the collection, but I didn't see them working together as it happens with products from the same range
- amount of product over price

===CONCLUSIONS
I admit I review this unconciously comparing it with my Chanel powder, but this product really doesn't deliver. I think its main purpose is to be easy to carry around, but for the same price you can get a compact powder or a mineral foundation with brush included.
I could only see this being useful for someone who has normal or even dry skin and only wants to set something or get a bit matte. It's also great if you really can't find your shade anywhere, but it's hardly the only translucent powder on the market

My suggestion - don't buy this (or anything else for that matter) without trying it on first and give yourself some days to judge. Make sure it suits you, only then invest in it.

on 6/25/2014 10:55:00 PM

Complex packaging. The bristles of the brush get caught. Silly design. Decent product. Does noticeably cut down shine.

on 6/10/2014 7:44:00 PM

I love it! It really does minimize the look of my pores and it does a great job of controlling my shine on my t-zone area. The package is awesome! The brush built Inside is a great idea! It makes it so easy to carry along in my handbag. When I'm out and about and need to get rid of shine I just tap out a little powder inside the lid and swirl the brush around and apply to my face. I don't find it messy at all! Great product over all!

Recommended for Normal Skin