September 18, 2014 | 949 users online

Loose Powders - BeneFit Cosmetics - The porefessional agent zero shine

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by mybeautycravings

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a big let-down for me and the product has since sat in the forgotten corner of ‘unused beauty piles’. Yes, it is probably 95% unused. Not exactly a good investment for me.

I've detailed the 10 steps required to operate this cylindrical product at:
- http://tinyurl.com/pqhjwlu

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2014 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Mosie36

No no no. I did my research, read reviews and thought "forget it" I'll form my own opinion. After using for about a month... I am not a fan. The product DOES erase shine... For about 5 minutes. I found myself reapplying almost ever hour at work. The packaging is slightly more frustrating.. No mirror, and there is no way to regulate how much product you are tapping out. If you tap out too much, you might as well toss it or use it up because there is no way to get it back into the container. Not a fan. I'll stick to my nars presses powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2014 8:42:00 AM More reviews by Draka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've seen this product advertised by several youtubers, and I was pleased with the rest of the Benefit Products I have tried... this and the packaging made me buy it (without consulting makeupalley first... what was I thinking?)
I am not very pleased with the product, although my expectations were not to the roof (I did not expect it to be as good as my HG Chanel podre universelle).

Let's put this simple:
===MY SKIN===
Very fair (Chanel 10, mac nc15), sensitive, reactive, combination of oily and normal (more on the normal side). I use powder to keep creamy products sliding off my face (which they always tend to), and less for oil control (a little on forehead and nose, but nothing that would make me touch up)

===PROS====
- packaging
- color - translucence
- brush included (a bit rough, but better than carrying my own huge one...)
- nice to carry around
- no smell, no glitter particles
- didn't break me out

===CONS===
- doesn't do much for oil control
- doesn't help makeup stay
- can't say it covers pores
- I used this along with the primer from the collection, but I didn't see them working together as it happens with products from the same range
- amount of product over price

===CONCLUSIONS
I admit I review this unconciously comparing it with my Chanel powder, but this product really doesn't deliver. I think its main purpose is to be easy to carry around, but for the same price you can get a compact powder or a mineral foundation with brush included.
I could only see this being useful for someone who has normal or even dry skin and only wants to set something or get a bit matte. It's also great if you really can't find your shade anywhere, but it's hardly the only translucent powder on the market

My suggestion - don't buy this (or anything else for that matter) without trying it on first and give yourself some days to judge. Make sure it suits you, only then invest in it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2014 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Justminick

Complex packaging. The bristles of the brush get caught. Silly design. Decent product. Does noticeably cut down shine.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Christy33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love it! It really does minimize the look of my pores and it does a great job of controlling my shine on my t-zone area. The package is awesome! The brush built Inside is a great idea! It makes it so easy to carry along in my handbag. When I'm out and about and need to get rid of shine I just tap out a little powder inside the lid and swirl the brush around and apply to my face. I don't find it messy at all! Great product over all!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by jscott7196

This product is definitely not worth the price. Sure the packaging is cute and convenient which is what led me to it. I was looking for something like it to keep in my purse for touch ups because I'm extremely oily. So I bought this thinking it would do what it says and it definitely didn't. I used it when I was just a tad oily and it absorbed the oil then 5 minutes later made me way more oily than I was to begin with. And for $30 you would think it would work or atleast do what it claims to. You're pretty much just paying for the packaging and convenience. Don't waste your time or money!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2014 1:41:00 AM More reviews by jadyxo

It's okay.... Not the best. But i can't return it anymore because it's already been past 60 days. I'll just keep using it til it runs out :(

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by PatentlyPink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is not worth the money. I blot with a blotter and use this sparingly and I am just as oily as if I had been without. I seem to get suckered by Benefit's cute packaging but find a lot of their products somewhat gimmicky and fall victim to their kitschy advertising. This one's no different.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2014 3:35:00 PM More reviews by halfnakedlife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It does the job to cover up shine but it doesn't last as long as i would've like. I have to reapply in an hour as my skin is very oily. It's also very expensive IMO for the little amount of powder you get. The pro is you get a cute and handy packaging. I won't buy it again as it's no superior than a less-than-$10-powder in banishing my shine.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2014 10:50:00 PM More reviews by jenferfervee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

It's really cute packaging but I would not recommend it. For the price I'm paying I'd at least like for the oil to be gone for a couple of hours.However, I find myself having to blot or reapply after a hour of application. I'd suggest investing your money in another product. It's just like any other powder.