November 28, 2014 | 1592 users online

Foundations - Revlon - Age Defying Firming + Lifting Makeup SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2014 10:24:00 PM More reviews by makeupgal718

To start I have combination skin so i go through a real struggle finding the perfect balance in a foundation, but this does a better darn good job. Truly love the coverage and the durability of this foundation. Doesn't feel too cakey but i don't put much as i never tend to go for the most coverage kind of look either, not my steeze. not much cooler selection but medium beige 40 works for me.

Wouldn't say its my HG solely because i've had better but this is really good.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 3:57:00 AM More reviews by matt44bek

This isa review for the most recent formulation (Came out early 2014 I think) and this bottle has a pump so that's how i'll distinguish from the other listings for the older versions of this makeup. Firstly let me say I haven't worn a Revlon foundation for years. Ive always found them a bit pricey for only so so quality. And the colours also have always been wrong for me (way too pink !) . HOWEVER this new foundation is gorgeous. Ive worn it daily now for a week and found it to be excellent and will have no hesitation in repurchasing.. particularly since the colours are so vastly improved (and by that I mean yellow based !). 40 Medium Beige is a gorgeous medium tone yellow (im an NW30 and chanel 40 beige usually). Its a touch too light when I put it on but I lightly cover it with my Ben Nye banana powder and that usually deepens the tone just enough. A touch of bronzer will also do the trick. I did also buy this in the lighter Soft Beige (which is also a lovely yellow base) and I may mix the 2 but soft beige is just a bit too pale for me. Might be ok in the middle of winter though. I got these 2 for $45 for priceline which is the main reason I bought them as buying one alone is $40 Aust. so basically I got them at nearly half price. I have combo skin and the wear on this has far exceeded my expectation. After application it dries down to a semi matte finish which doesn't feel tacky so you could get away without powdering but for longevity I always dust with a light powder or bronzer anyway. It looks lovely on. Very smooth and yes glowy (but not shiney or sparkly!!) I have worn it for 10 hours today and it still looks excellent ( a bit patchy on nose and forehead but hey 10 hours is excellent in my book !) . I am so thrilled to have found a new go to daily foundation. My skin is sensitive, oily, dry, uneven toned, pimple prone and this covers very well. I still use concealer but that's just me ... I always conceal as I like as flawless a look as I can possibly achieve. This foundation goes a long way in helping me obtain that look. Fantastic stuff Revlon ... and please don't reformulate or discontinue this one :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Katejang81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So my favorite drugstore foundation is Revlon Colorstay for normal to dry. My favorite high end is Urban Decay Naked Skin. I love testing different foundations. I saw a lot of good reviews on YouTube for this product. I love Revlon so I gave it a go. It is thicker in consistency than the Colorstay BUT lighter on the skin with a more natural finish. Almost similar to the Naked Skin. I used a beauty blender to apply. It looks great on the skin. The foundation comes with a pump. Doesn't dry out my normal skin. Doesn't break me out. Very happy with this product. Depending on your skin it's a medium coverage for me. I don't have much to conceal or cover.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by nicoledupe

This has to be the absolute worst foundation I have ever used! First off it is not long-lasting at all. I can normally put foundation on in the morning and it holds up quite well until that night however this foundation was basically non existent on my face by dinner time. Secondly, this product is VERY oily and even made my normal combination skin feel like I had developed an oily acne prone complexion. Finally, I do not see any "age minimizing" results with this product (which it claims to have) and I used it for almost two months. The only pros I will mention is that the packaging is nice and there is a fairly good color selection but none or these things really matter it what is inside the package is horrible!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2014 7:49:00 AM More reviews by Marlinia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this only a few days ago when I was at a pharmacy and had run out of foundation. I saw this for half price, and I didn't expect it to be great (I usually like to spend more on my foundations as my skin is so dry), however I didn't expect it to be this bad. The coverage is very minimal, which is ok. However, it's more like a tinted moisturizer...except that it's more like an oil! Honestly it was so shiny! Even with a finishing powder I looked like I had rubbed a bag of chips over my face or something! It was awful! It also made my eye makeup smudge (I think because it was literally slip sliding off my face! I ended up with pretty much no makeup on by the end of the day. The product felt oily on my face too... I'm surprised because my skin is so dry and usually love a 'wet' feel to my foundations because of this.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by trishag07

I cant believe that they discontinued the original foundation:/ that was my all time favorite foundation. Okay, I had to try this out of impulse since my foundation is running out and no where to be found. The texture is thicker, so it gives more than medium coverage in my opinion. I am used to the light/dewy texture because I prefer a lighter coverage. It did go on somewhat smoothly. But I wasn't impressed. I wouldn't repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by Dahlia70

This has quickly become my favorite foundation! I am soooo pleased with this one and I really hope they do not discontinue this. For reference I am NC 20-23ish and bought the Bare Buff 10 and its a near perfect match. i tend to have normal to dry skin and this formulation is so moisturizing. It feels light but yet has good coverage (i'd say light to medium). I use about two pumps for my entire face, using my fingers to apply.

As for the age defying properties this claims to give i have no complaints, i'm also using some other products as well fairly recently but i have to say my fine lines are less noticeable since using this so i am happy.

I don't feel that this is particularly a long lasting foundation but it does last me through my work day, we'll see about this in the summer though, i feel like i might have to go back to Colorstay for that.

I wouldn't see this working for any one with oily skin but normal to combo to dry should have no problems!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 3:47:00 PM More reviews by neelofur

great colour range! finally revlon is not making only pink looking foundations. This one is amazing. Best one from their line. DOes not get greasy or oily. I have combination skin. Lasts all day. Looks even better after it has been on the skin for a while. My skin feels smoother by the end of the day. Been the only foundation i have been using since i got it. Very buildable or can be used as s tineted moisturizer if mixed in with some face moisturizer. Overall great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by oatmealcupcake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this in Soft Beige 30. For Reference i'm a MAC NC25 but i found this foundation oxidised a lot when i applied it. It became 2 shades darker and turned orange. Maybe i have to buy the next shade down and mix it in. But i do like this foundation. It's really smooth and blendable, coverage is light to medium and semi matte finish. This reminds me of a thicker version of Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation. Lasting wear time is reasonable, 4-6 hours, doesn't beat Revlon Colorstay with Softflex (by the way they reformulated it last year and it sucks bad) though but i'm not complaining. It is really expensive in Australia though, costs $39.95.

Edit: went back to the shops and realised that they don't sell the shade "Tender Beige 20" here in Australia. It starts from Fresh Ivory 05 as the lightest then Bare Buff 10, then Soft Beige 30. Doesn't make sense not to include Tender Beige 20. Anyway i got Bare Buff and now have to mix it in with Soft Beige.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 7:39:00 PM More reviews by spikester

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used this in the old formula and the old formula was much better. The new formula felt very tight on my face to the point of being uncomfortable. I think it is the new firming ingredients in it. I don't really need firming so it was just very annoying to have that tight feeling. The only thing I like better is that it now comes with a pump.