September 2, 2014 | 1711 users online

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Lostsouls14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Worst eyeliner EVER !

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 1:39:00 AM More reviews by beautyvee09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually really love this eyeliner. when you master the liquid eyeliner technique. applying any eyeliner is super easy. I had no trouble applying the eyeliner and drawing a wing was easy as well. I've had this liner for a while and it hasn't dried out in fact it's still drawing pretty dark. it does however, smudge if your face gets moist and you rub the WING of your liner. the color stays put all day on your eyelid, that's not an issue. I would buy it again. people should write honest reviews and not go along with what other reviewers have to say!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2014 5:52:00 AM More reviews by caflac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Dried out the first time I used it in the time it took me to go from one eye to the other. Drags like fury! Absolutely awful.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by merenwen123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

The tip is good but not really very thin so it is not easy to do small point at the end of a flick.
I bought this eyeliner twice because I thought It might of just been a bad one as it dried up after two days but the second one I bought was the exact same. if you put the lid on, shake it and dab it onto something sometimes you can get it to work and when it actually works it stays on for quite a long time mine stayed on through going to a fair on the rides whilst it was raining with only a little bit of smudging but that was the only time I actually managed to make it work. although it is cheap it is not worth the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2014 6:52:00 AM More reviews by morethanafeelin

I don't like this liner. It always feels like it's dried up. You have to put the lid on and shake it to get the product onto the tip, and then you get a big black splotch on your eyelid.

The tip is really hard and even the "fine" part of it isn't very pointy, so you have to really work at getting a fine like, and forget about a delicate cat eye.

When you do get it to work, it's actually REALLY black, which I like. I do continue using this because another liner isn't in my budget right now. :) but I will NOT buy it again. noooo.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2014 3:17:00 PM More reviews by cassidylee

This is absolutely horrible. The eyeliner actually HURT to put on. It was so light it barely showed. It felt like there was nothing coming out at all. I have only worn it once. I will never buy this product again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by EmilyEisen57

Possibly the worst eyeliner out there. Not only is it impossible to get a perfect straight line. It smudges and blends in with my eyeshadow after a few hours. Certainly not waterproof. It also was not as dark as I was excepting. It looked more of a grey than a black. It's worked far better on paper than on the eyelids. The nib of the eyeliner actually was slightly irritating when dragged across my eyelids. Extremely disappointed as I love Rimmel.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Tayla91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is by far the worst eyeliner I have ever used, don't waste your time or money on this one. The best way I can think to describe it is by saying it reminded me of a dried up old texta. I used it once and threw it out it was that bad quality.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2014 6:30:00 AM More reviews by rkhan38

Bought this because I was out of eyeliner- biggest mistake as it's probably the worst eyeliner I have ever purchased. The nib of the pen is hard so it literally hurts your eyelid, the formula is cheap and smudges and fades within an hour. I am very disappointed in rimmel :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 8:27:00 AM More reviews by PiMehMeh

Found this while browsing Walgreens, among the displays of all the new beauty product releases, and this was roughly around $5, which I thought was a steal for a product that has "24HR" and "waterproof" and "smudge-proof" on the front and back of its packaging.

Turned out that this eyeliner was none of that. Just out of curiosity, I swatched several line thicknesses and let them all sit for about 10 minutes, more than enough drying time. The winter weather where I live is dry and cold, so my hands could not have been sweaty, but when I ran a finger over the lines, my fingers picked up pigment. A little more pressure, and the lines started to blur and smudge. And when I ran my hand under water, every line of liner started to bleed again. And when I rubbed lightly with water, the liner cleaned right off.

This is really just a regular eyeliner, not even water-resistant at all. I did try this over powder eyeshadow on my lids, and they did wear for the whole day with very slight smudging toward the end of the day. So maybe a cream or powder base will help the staying power of the eyeliner, but on its own it won't hold up on a hot day or on oily eyelids. I wouldn't doubt under those conditions that this will disappear in under an hour.

The pigmentation of the eyeliner ink is actually fantastic--bold, black, and buildable. The mini chisel-tip is a little tricky to work with at getting desired line thickness on the eyelids. But I actually really like the short chisel applicator of this eyeliner for lining the lower lash line, something that I personally find difficult with most liquid eyeliners since the felt-tip or brush-tip applicators are longer and can be less precise with pressure, resulting in uneven/sloppy lower liner.

Scandaleyes Thick & Thin could have been a possible candidate to replace my favorite Maybelline Unstoppable and Line Stiletto eyeliners, if it had any staying power at all. Again, it's not a bad liner as long as it's drawn over a tacky primer/base/eyeshadow, and it has enviable precision. But there are plenty of regular liners that are cheaper and stay on longer. And I didn't buy this for another regular liner. As far as what's marketed, it fails miserably.