Rimmel ScandalEyes Thick and Thin Eyeliner

1.6

on 8/25/2015 1:33:00 PM

Horrible product .. The tip is very harsh and it is very difficult to get close to your eye lid line so you end up with a gap of no eyeliner

on 8/25/2015 1:09:00 PM

When i first read the reviews , i couldn't believe that this product could be that bad.
When i did use it, i had to agree with everyone else, it is , quite frankly, useless.

The color comes out gray and thin,and I'm presuming you have to go over the line multiple times to get a close to black color, however I wasn't able to do so, because the felt tip was so hard, it hurt my eyelid.Also, so much for it being waterproof, I was literally able to wipe it off with a wet finger.

Complete waste of money, i really expected better.

on 8/16/2015 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I was surprised this eyeliner has such bad reviews. It's not my favourite but I also don't think it's the worst I've ever tried. I've had mine for a year and it still works fine, it has not dried out at all. The colour is black, not the blackest eyeliner ever, but if you do two layers it is fine. The tip is a funny shape so it can be difficult to work with, but once I go the hang of it it was fine. I do think the liner lasts all day and night, I've worn it to clubs before where it's very hot and sweaty and didn't have any smudging. I won't repurchase just because I have other liners to use and I also do not wear non matte eyeliner often enough to justify it. Overall, it isn't the best liner in the world, but it certainly isn't as bad as other reviews have made it out to be.

on 8/4/2015 5:12:00 PM

I was really sick and couldn't drive anywhere, so my mom had to go out and buy me new eyeliner since I wasn't able to. She came home with this and I was excited thinking it would be great.
Well, I try it (while I'm rushing to get ready for work) and it's EXTREMELY watered down and doesn't even stay on. It requires at least 3 coats for it to look fairly decent.

I don't know why this stuff is even being sold still. It doesn't even work.

on 7/18/2015 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

This eyeliner was awful. I bought it because it was on sale (no surprise there) and it just doesn't work. It hurts your eye when you try to put it on and its watery. It's not black, its a crappy light black with 70% water. You cant even put it on. I bought this for winging my eyeliner but you can't even make a decent line with it. DO NOT BUY IT SAVE YOUR MONEY

on 7/7/2015 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I bought this half price when it was on sale. I will be throwing it out, what a waste of money. Application was not smooth, you have to really drag it across your skin. With patience you can get a decent line, but the big downside for me was the formula. It did not last, after an hour of wearing it, it started to smudge, I had to keep wiping the corner of my eyes. By the time I got back from work the line was barely there. I think the idea of this is great but executed very poorly.

on 7/5/2015 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have no idea why this liner has such horrible reviews. I like it a lot. It stays on my oily eyelids (ladies -- use a primer, you'll thank me later. Try Wet n' Wild Fergie primer. That stuff is a godsend). It has a firm tip with varying tapered edges so you really can't f*ck up the line. I ALWAYS screw up the line and have to go back and do it again and screw it up a second time and end up skipping liner in the end. Not with this stuff, though! I don't know what the other reviews mean by "not bold enough". What, do you WANT to look like heroin-era Amy Winehouse? This is perfectly pigmented, though it comes in black only. Found it at Target.

on 5/26/2015 10:07:00 AM

I purchased the jumbo version of this product, I strongly suggest you do not. It is terrible. It says it is supposed to be black in color and waterproof, I can tell you it is not. The color is a faded watery greyish tone, definately not black. It looks and feels like you are drawing on your eyes with a bad watery sharpie marker. The consistancy is thin and it is not opaque at all, even if you try and go over your line to make it darker it does not get any better only worse because it actually pulls off what you have already drawn. Maybe the reason it is not black and waterproof is because it is so watery and thin in formulation? It most definatey is not waterproof or even resistant for that matter. It easily wipes off with a finger. I did not even bother to wear it out for a day because it looked ridiculous and I did not want to go out in public with it. I threw it in the trash after testing it out. Very poor product and a waste of money. I was mislead and dissapointed by the promises on the package. Don't waste your time or money.

on 5/14/2015 8:30:00 PM

DONT BUY THIS! the color comes off grayish, the tip is rough and makes it look choppy. And it's anything but waterproof.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Liked this eyeliner the first few days I bought it. It had a great tip but it just lost it after.. a couple of days now its just dry and barely gets on.! Or maybe am doing something wrong