Rimmel Scandaleyes Thick & Thin Eyeliner

1.6

The thin tip is very easy to use and get a precise shape, however I constantly have to shake it to get anything but a faint grey line and for someone who is a fan of the blackest black possible liner this is incredibly disappointing. It can be quite patchy and doesn't a perfect black line straight across the eye as one would expect. Truly awful.

on 12/27/2014 8:58:00 AM

Hands down worst eyeliner ever! I bought this at my local chemist and wanted to try it out. Bad decision, the pen itself was great but the product was not so great. It did not apply on well and lost its colour like half way through the first time I used it. I regret buying this, would never go back.

on 11/11/2014 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

I'm a "product" person. Once I find a brand I like, I stick with that specific product line/range etc.
This said, I've used Almay Liquid Liner for the past 8 years. I had no reason to change, but when I was about to pick it up, I was the Rimmel Pen. I loved the idea of thick and thin. I tested it and loved it, so bought it.

WORST DECISION EVER!

First application was awesome. Second time and every time thereafter, I soon learned I needed to shake the living daylights out of that pen to get it to work. If you don't shake, no liner. If you shake a medium amount, the liner is very faint. I love my liner BOLD, so I shake a LOT.
No one should have to shake that much. Seriously. What a waste of money.
When you need to Google "how to use scandaleyes" then you know you've wasted your money!!
*Qualified beautician here so i know what I'm talking about*

But WAIT! Remember not to shake too vigorously, or you'll end up with lots of ink on your hands. So much wasted liner...really!! How disappointing!

on 10/15/2014 11:54:00 PM

I was really excited to try an eyeliner pen but in the back of my mind I knew it was going to dry out. At first, the application was bold and went on easy but soon the pen seemed to have run out of liner. It would drag and hardly any product would come out. I realised that in order for the product to work like it used to, I must shake the pen all the time which is frustrating. On the plus side its waterproof qualities are not bad and the pen tip made it easy to apply when it did work.
Another thing I realised was that one of the reasons I purchased it was because it looked like the pen held a lot of fluid, but it actually only holds 1.1ml which in my opinion isn't really much.. at least compared to my other liquid liners. So overall, I was sad about how soon the product wore out and will not be buying again.

on 8/30/2014 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Worst eyeliner EVER !

on 8/7/2014 1:39:00 AM

I actually really love this eyeliner. when you master the liquid eyeliner technique. applying any eyeliner is super easy. I had no trouble applying the eyeliner and drawing a wing was easy as well. I've had this liner for a while and it hasn't dried out in fact it's still drawing pretty dark. it does however, smudge if your face gets moist and you rub the WING of your liner. the color stays put all day on your eyelid, that's not an issue. I would buy it again. people should write honest reviews and not go along with what other reviewers have to say!

on 6/10/2014 5:52:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Dried out the first time I used it in the time it took me to go from one eye to the other. Drags like fury! Absolutely awful.

on 5/28/2014 8:06:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

The tip is good but not really very thin so it is not easy to do small point at the end of a flick.
I bought this eyeliner twice because I thought It might of just been a bad one as it dried up after two days but the second one I bought was the exact same. if you put the lid on, shake it and dab it onto something sometimes you can get it to work and when it actually works it stays on for quite a long time mine stayed on through going to a fair on the rides whilst it was raining with only a little bit of smudging but that was the only time I actually managed to make it work. although it is cheap it is not worth the price.

I don't like this liner. It always feels like it's dried up. You have to put the lid on and shake it to get the product onto the tip, and then you get a big black splotch on your eyelid.

The tip is really hard and even the "fine" part of it isn't very pointy, so you have to really work at getting a fine like, and forget about a delicate cat eye.

When you do get it to work, it's actually REALLY black, which I like. I do continue using this because another liner isn't in my budget right now. :) but I will NOT buy it again. noooo.

on 4/24/2014 3:17:00 PM

This is absolutely horrible. The eyeliner actually HURT to put on. It was so light it barely showed. It felt like there was nothing coming out at all. I have only worn it once. I will never buy this product again.