Rimmel ScandalEyes Thick

1.6

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Liked this eyeliner the first few days I bought it. It had a great tip but it just lost it after.. a couple of days now its just dry and barely gets on.! Or maybe am doing something wrong

on 3/19/2015 8:18:00 PM

While I love rimmel this eyeliner was such a flop. If you want a good felt tip eyeliner kat von tattoo liner is amazing and maybelline isn't bad for the price but whatever you do just don't waste you're money on this. It's not even that expensive, maybe $5, but oh my god it's AWFUL.

It's not waterproof for one. If you cry, if you rub your eyes, if any moisture whatsoever comes anywhere near your eyes it's bound to smudge and maybe even run down your face.

It's not black. I feel like calling it a dark grey might be a bit generous even but there is a serious lack of pigment so if your aiming for a black line you won't be getting it.

The application is rough, both figuratively and literally. It might just be me but I found it wore difficult to do the flick for winged eyeliner with this applicator. Worse than that the little nib was actually painful? It tugged on my eyelid and was just on the wrong side of comfortable to use.

It also dries out pretty quickly so even if you did actually enjoy this product you would have to repurchase it quite frequently.

Okayyyyyyy so I really really love the slanted tip. It stayed on pretty well through the day but I hardly touch my eyes or face so it's not a big issue, anyway. However it gets 2 stars overall because the color is awful and not very black and if I accidentally fall asleep in it I will wake up and it's all over my face. Which is not cute, if you have a boyfriend that has to look at you in the morning. Lol

on 3/11/2015 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Good GOD is this stuff crap. I bought this on a whim when I needed eyeliner in a rush for a night out and could only get to Tesco in the time I had spare. The price would have been good if it hadn't turned out to be an utter waste of money. Rimmel generally make very good budget products, but not in the case of this stuff.
*deep breath*.....
Potentially the most annoying thing about it is the total lack of pigment. It goes on a sort of thin grey colour, not a lovely thick black like you would expect. I spent about ten minutes shaking the pen, building up colour, putting the lid on, shaking the pen, building up colour bla bla rinse and repeat. It is so thin and weak in texture and colour. By the time I had finished I still wasn't happy but was 5 minutes off a taxi arriving so left it at that. Half way through dinner with hubby I went to check to the toilet and to my horror saw two perfect duplicates of my eye line on my upper lids. It had all transferred onto my eye lids. By the time we got home, it had smudged under my eyes, giving the effect I had been on a 2 day bender involving several drunken tantrums and maybe even a punchup. Lovely.
IF the product that came out of it worked, the packaging and thin felt tip would be great. But it isn't. So it's not.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

when i first got this eyeliner i couldnt wait, i already use these type of eyeliners and i was interested in the tip of this particular one, this costs around 5.49 but when i bought it when it first came out it was around 7/6 so quite expensive on a student price range and compared to other felt liners!

the first week of using it i thought it was amazing honestly it was the best liner i have tried it was the easiest also, it was black black and lastest ages..... then the second week it had gone dry... the pigmentation was low it was un usable it was terrible!!!

im guessing it may be the packaging which makes it go dry so thats why i gave that a 3 but at the same time the packaging was nice, the price would be good if it worked longer than a week and as for the product i would give it a 0 but i cant, 99p pen eyeliners on ebay are so much better they last ages ive still got one from last summer and even invest in the soap and glory eyeliner at 9 its a little pricey but its the best one ive ever used pitch black and long wearing!!

The thin tip is very easy to use and get a precise shape, however I constantly have to shake it to get anything but a faint grey line and for someone who is a fan of the blackest black possible liner this is incredibly disappointing. It can be quite patchy and doesn't a perfect black line straight across the eye as one would expect. Truly awful.

on 12/27/2014 8:58:00 AM

Hands down worst eyeliner ever! I bought this at my local chemist and wanted to try it out. Bad decision, the pen itself was great but the product was not so great. It did not apply on well and lost its colour like half way through the first time I used it. I regret buying this, would never go back.

on 11/11/2014 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

I'm a "product" person. Once I find a brand I like, I stick with that specific product line/range etc.
This said, I've used Almay Liquid Liner for the past 8 years. I had no reason to change, but when I was about to pick it up, I was the Rimmel Pen. I loved the idea of thick and thin. I tested it and loved it, so bought it.

WORST DECISION EVER!

First application was awesome. Second time and every time thereafter, I soon learned I needed to shake the living daylights out of that pen to get it to work. If you don't shake, no liner. If you shake a medium amount, the liner is very faint. I love my liner BOLD, so I shake a LOT.
No one should have to shake that much. Seriously. What a waste of money.
When you need to Google "how to use scandaleyes" then you know you've wasted your money!!
*Qualified beautician here so i know what I'm talking about*

But WAIT! Remember not to shake too vigorously, or you'll end up with lots of ink on your hands. So much wasted liner...really!! How disappointing!

on 10/15/2014 11:54:00 PM

I was really excited to try an eyeliner pen but in the back of my mind I knew it was going to dry out. At first, the application was bold and went on easy but soon the pen seemed to have run out of liner. It would drag and hardly any product would come out. I realised that in order for the product to work like it used to, I must shake the pen all the time which is frustrating. On the plus side its waterproof qualities are not bad and the pen tip made it easy to apply when it did work.
Another thing I realised was that one of the reasons I purchased it was because it looked like the pen held a lot of fluid, but it actually only holds 1.1ml which in my opinion isn't really much.. at least compared to my other liquid liners. So overall, I was sad about how soon the product wore out and will not be buying again.

on 8/30/2014 1:03:00 PM