Rimmel ScandalEyes Thick and Thin Eyeliner

1.6

on 7/18/2015 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

This eyeliner was awful. I bought it because it was on sale (no surprise there) and it just doesn't work. It hurts your eye when you try to put it on and its watery. It's not black, its a crappy light black with 70% water. You cant even put it on. I bought this for winging my eyeliner but you can't even make a decent line with it. DO NOT BUY IT SAVE YOUR MONEY

on 7/7/2015 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I bought this half price when it was on sale. I will be throwing it out, what a waste of money. Application was not smooth, you have to really drag it across your skin. With patience you can get a decent line, but the big downside for me was the formula. It did not last, after an hour of wearing it, it started to smudge, I had to keep wiping the corner of my eyes. By the time I got back from work the line was barely there. I think the idea of this is great but executed very poorly.

on 7/5/2015 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have no idea why this liner has such horrible reviews. I like it a lot. It stays on my oily eyelids (ladies -- use a primer, you'll thank me later. Try Wet n' Wild Fergie primer. That stuff is a godsend). It has a firm tip with varying tapered edges so you really can't f*ck up the line. I ALWAYS screw up the line and have to go back and do it again and screw it up a second time and end up skipping liner in the end. Not with this stuff, though! I don't know what the other reviews mean by "not bold enough". What, do you WANT to look like heroin-era Amy Winehouse? This is perfectly pigmented, though it comes in black only. Found it at Target.

on 5/26/2015 10:07:00 AM

I purchased the jumbo version of this product, I strongly suggest you do not. It is terrible. It says it is supposed to be black in color and waterproof, I can tell you it is not. The color is a faded watery greyish tone, definately not black. It looks and feels like you are drawing on your eyes with a bad watery sharpie marker. The consistancy is thin and it is not opaque at all, even if you try and go over your line to make it darker it does not get any better only worse because it actually pulls off what you have already drawn. Maybe the reason it is not black and waterproof is because it is so watery and thin in formulation? It most definatey is not waterproof or even resistant for that matter. It easily wipes off with a finger. I did not even bother to wear it out for a day because it looked ridiculous and I did not want to go out in public with it. I threw it in the trash after testing it out. Very poor product and a waste of money. I was mislead and dissapointed by the promises on the package. Don't waste your time or money.

on 5/14/2015 8:30:00 PM

DONT BUY THIS! the color comes off grayish, the tip is rough and makes it look choppy. And it's anything but waterproof.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Liked this eyeliner the first few days I bought it. It had a great tip but it just lost it after.. a couple of days now its just dry and barely gets on.! Or maybe am doing something wrong

on 3/19/2015 8:18:00 PM

While I love rimmel this eyeliner was such a flop. If you want a good felt tip eyeliner kat von tattoo liner is amazing and maybelline isn't bad for the price but whatever you do just don't waste you're money on this. It's not even that expensive, maybe $5, but oh my god it's AWFUL.

It's not waterproof for one. If you cry, if you rub your eyes, if any moisture whatsoever comes anywhere near your eyes it's bound to smudge and maybe even run down your face.

It's not black. I feel like calling it a dark grey might be a bit generous even but there is a serious lack of pigment so if your aiming for a black line you won't be getting it.

The application is rough, both figuratively and literally. It might just be me but I found it wore difficult to do the flick for winged eyeliner with this applicator. Worse than that the little nib was actually painful? It tugged on my eyelid and was just on the wrong side of comfortable to use.

It also dries out pretty quickly so even if you did actually enjoy this product you would have to repurchase it quite frequently.

Okayyyyyyy so I really really love the slanted tip. It stayed on pretty well through the day but I hardly touch my eyes or face so it's not a big issue, anyway. However it gets 2 stars overall because the color is awful and not very black and if I accidentally fall asleep in it I will wake up and it's all over my face. Which is not cute, if you have a boyfriend that has to look at you in the morning. Lol

on 3/11/2015 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Good GOD is this stuff crap. I bought this on a whim when I needed eyeliner in a rush for a night out and could only get to Tesco in the time I had spare. The price would have been good if it hadn't turned out to be an utter waste of money. Rimmel generally make very good budget products, but not in the case of this stuff.
*deep breath*.....
Potentially the most annoying thing about it is the total lack of pigment. It goes on a sort of thin grey colour, not a lovely thick black like you would expect. I spent about ten minutes shaking the pen, building up colour, putting the lid on, shaking the pen, building up colour bla bla rinse and repeat. It is so thin and weak in texture and colour. By the time I had finished I still wasn't happy but was 5 minutes off a taxi arriving so left it at that. Half way through dinner with hubby I went to check to the toilet and to my horror saw two perfect duplicates of my eye line on my upper lids. It had all transferred onto my eye lids. By the time we got home, it had smudged under my eyes, giving the effect I had been on a 2 day bender involving several drunken tantrums and maybe even a punchup. Lovely.
IF the product that came out of it worked, the packaging and thin felt tip would be great. But it isn't. So it's not.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

when i first got this eyeliner i couldnt wait, i already use these type of eyeliners and i was interested in the tip of this particular one, this costs around 5.49 but when i bought it when it first came out it was around 7/6 so quite expensive on a student price range and compared to other felt liners!

the first week of using it i thought it was amazing honestly it was the best liner i have tried it was the easiest also, it was black black and lastest ages..... then the second week it had gone dry... the pigmentation was low it was un usable it was terrible!!!

im guessing it may be the packaging which makes it go dry so thats why i gave that a 3 but at the same time the packaging was nice, the price would be good if it worked longer than a week and as for the product i would give it a 0 but i cant, 99p pen eyeliners on ebay are so much better they last ages ive still got one from last summer and even invest in the soap and glory eyeliner at 9 its a little pricey but its the best one ive ever used pitch black and long wearing!!