November 24, 2014 | 1983 users online

Foundations - Neutrogena - Nourishing Long Wear Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2014 7:53:00 PM More reviews by taiyatbh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not so sure. I used it after over exfoliating so my skin had micro years so the texture was awful, which means that it didn't give me a good idea of how the foundation truly looks on skin. I will say this; all of the foundations are far too pink. The one I chose, #10 classic ivory, is the most yellow tones for fair skin and it is still a tad pink. It does not set but rather you can wipe it straight off even after powdering. It is alright simply because despite the slightly off color and transferability, it doesn't make my skin look atrocious and has light to medium coverage. I feel like this would be a good full coverage for someone with dry skin, as it is very creamy and I had used a very very Very THIN layer to achieve a medium coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2014 4:51:00 AM More reviews by MikaVick94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

way to heavy on the skin and accuated my dry spots. nice coverage tho and did last all day in humidity, even the lightest shade is a tad to dark:(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I liked this foundation overall, but had to return it due to the fact that it accentuated my large pores. It goes only nicely, and wears well through the day. It had almost a powdery finish, but looks natural. I have large pores in mt t-zone, and the formula seemed to settle IN (not on or over) my pores and left little spots that were quite unsightly. (This happened regardless of how much or how little product I used.) Also, I don't use a primer because I'm not a fan of them. So, if large pores are not an issue for you, then this foundation just work out perfectly. The glass bottle doesn't have a pump. but this "issue" is easily solved by inserting a clean Q-tip into the bottle to gather product, and then swabbing it onto the back of my hand (then use fingers, or a brush).

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Logenbrook

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I would not recommend for fair skin tones, I like the product but it came off VERY pink to me, I have fair tan skin I just couldn't find the right color, other than that love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by HWL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Finally a foundation that corrects redness, but is still sheer. . I have dark circles and a red nose.. I am pale and the red really shows. It's great to find a product that blurs the problem areas. I got this in classic ivory (NC20), shade I use in Health Skin -a yellow based Ivory. It looked a bit tanner than the same shade in the Health Skin version. I was worried it look orange on. The shade is darker and does turn a little peachy. But it blends in nicely with my skin,due to the sheerness and color correcting. It doesn't have to be an exact match - like a BB or CC. It tones down red quite well.

It comes out thick, but it spreads blends well bad sheers out. It dries powdery. So it's dryer feeling than many liquid foundations. Does not have great staying power for me, but probably my sunscreen makes that worse. They recommend moisturizing if you have dry spots and using a damp sponge to spread it and using the heat of your fingers to set. I use my fingers and the bb a bit. I have a lot of red and I am pale and this tones it down to acceptable on a good day. So I love that. You cannot build too much coverage. Don't need to. I am pretty red, so acceptable is an achievement. This is dry, so if it could settle into lines. But there is room for a dryer liquid foundation. It's like a better Bourjois CC.

The one bad part is the bottle! It comes in a tall glass bottle with a wide opening. Hard to get it out (think Heinz bottle). Not very hygienic if you have to stick something in it to get it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2014 5:41:00 PM More reviews by makeupqueen26

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The bottle packaging is horrible. I like the foundation itself.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2014 1:06:00 PM More reviews by wishingoceans

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my first foundation, and it's a pretty good introduction.

PROS:

Easy to use, it's pretty difficult to mess this foundation up.
Very long lasting
Buildable coverage
Looks veeery natural, like I'm not wearing anything at all!
A little goes a long way

CONS:

It definitely has a pink undertone, which looks weird and ridiculous on my yellow neutral skin.
It often starts breaking up on my face, which makes me nervous

Overall if you have a tan-pink skintone, this should work well for you. It is a nice foundation, and it works nicely for everyday wear.

HOWEVER: Biggest con is the bottle. The bottle is awful, you have to keep it upside down all the time and even then it's obnoxious, you always get too much.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It seems as though everyone & their mom hates this foundation but I actually really enjoy it. I was going back to get my holy grail Skin Clearing foundation but they were out in my color so I just picked this up in the same color (Nude 40) Neutrogena foundations are the only drugstore ones to match my skin tone perfectly, all seem way too pink in other brands. This has the right amount of yellow in it which is why I always come back to Neutrogena. The finish is slightly sticky & a little too moisturizing for my taste (I have super oily skin) but with powder this product does really well & does not fade away. I wore it to the lake on Memorial Day & it hadn't faded even at the end of the day (which is good because the heat & humidity resistance claim is what drew me to this). I wouldn't repurchase just because I think The Skin Clearing one is better for my skin type but in general this is not a bad foundation by any means. The packaging doesn't bother me cuz while it was hard to get out considering this has a thicker, mousse like formula I'd rather have that than a perfect pump with a foundation that is crap.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Morningview3

have been looking for a foundation that I won't have to touch up during the day and I have found it! While this is one of the pricier drug store foundations, I have found that it works great! It does come out a little thick, but it spreads around very nicely. I have not had it settle into any creases or pores. I live in a very dry area and with temps reaching 90+ degrees I have not had any trouble. I will purchase this foundation again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by laurapowder

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I live in a humid climate, skin tends to be dry. This foundation went on kind of dry, so I used a creamier moisturizer the next day and it felt better. It does have good coverage, i.e. spider veins. It did last all day even in this humidity. I use Nude or Buff in foundations, this seemed slightly darker than other brands. I use my finger tips to apply and a sponge to even it out. I have only used it for a week. So I will revisit this later. No one else had reviewed it so I wanted to be helpful. I appreciate everyone else's reviews here.