April 19, 2014 | 1936 users online

Foundations - Neutrogena - Nourishing Long Wear Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by laurapowder

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I live in a humid climate, skin tends to be dry. This foundation went on kind of dry, so I used a creamier moisturizer the next day and it felt better. It does have good coverage, i.e. spider veins. It did last all day even in this humidity. I use Nude or Buff in foundations, this seemed slightly darker than other brands. I use my finger tips to apply and a sponge to even it out. I have only used it for a week. So I will revisit this later. No one else had reviewed it so I wanted to be helpful. I appreciate everyone else's reviews here.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 9:11:00 PM More reviews by krisrj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation gave my face a smooth and flawless finish for at least 8 hours. It is a little difficult to get out of the bottle because it is so thick, but it is easy to spread across your face and blend. As with many long wear foundations, this tends to be a little drying, so make sure you exfoliate and moisturize before applying so you will not accentuate the appearance of dry skin. I applied this over my SPF 45 facial sunscreen, and I did not experience any pilling. The finish was satin- matte, with no visible shine. I set it with pressed powder to make sure I had no oiliness crop up during the day. Coverage is medium to full. The SPF 20 protection is a nice feature. I have been wearing it for 4 weeks, but I have not noticed an improvement in my skin tone or texture. I think this is probably because I have worn sunblock 365 days/year since I was in my early twenties and have no sun damage, so I wasn't expecting this foundation to dramatically improve the condition of my skin. I received this from BzzAgent, and I would purchase this again because it is a great value. I think it might be a little heavy to wear in the summer.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2014 5:46:00 PM More reviews by klgbeatnik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

this foundation is really bad. it was expensive too (over $16 at cvs). it doesnt blend well at all, ive tried differend methods.....my flat top sigma brush, damp beauty blender (my preferred choice), even just fingers. its really streaky and settles weirdly into any hair you may have on your face (ie eyebrows). the foundation is SUPER thick, but coverage is medium at best and not buildable. my skin is pretty bad right now and it didnt cover any of my problem areas. i got pretty oily with it throughout the day, and the one big issue that made me stop using it completely is it settles badly into my smile lines, im 23 and hardly have wrinkles and this foundation makes me look old. i do not recommed whatsoever, this is probably one of the worst foundations ive ever bought. but then again im very very picky with foundations.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by smootchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been on the lookout for my ideal foundation for quite some time now. This one comes so very close, and the best part is that I got to try it for free thanks to being a BzzAgent!

The Good: The liquid is easy to apply and goes on evenly. I dot it on my face and use a fat, thick brush to blend into my skin. It has great coverage without being heavy and is surprisingly breathable compared to other long wear foundations. I have light freckles and a tiny bit of adult acne along my jawline and most days I don't feel like I need to apply concealer when I use Neutrogena Nourishing Long Wear. It also looks natural, which I love. So many foundations I've tried end up looking cakey and sit on top of my skin, or accent slightly dry areas around my cheeks, but this one doesn't. The finish is even despite my combination skin. It's dewy, not oily, smooth without being too matte. And who doesn't love having sun protection in their foundation? One less step in your routine every morning. This product also claims to improve your skin's tone and texture as you use it, which after several weeks I can at least somewhat agree. Maybe it's a coincidence, but I'm impressed!

The Blah: I don't love the bottle. It's your typical cylindrical glass bottle with a screw-on top. The mouth is fairly narrow so getting the product out can be somewhat of a challenge because of its thicker consistency. This also leaves it open to more contamination. I am a little nitpicky about my products being natural, or mostly natural. I don't like the idea of putting chemicals on my skin and prefer clean makeup. Lastly, even though it claims to be "long wear" the coverage seems to fade by the end of the work day (and I work a desk job so it's not like I'm sweating it off)!

The Bottom Line: Love the coverage, love the finish and the effect it seems to have on my skin. I'm willing to forgive the few minor flaws for a great-looking complexion that lasts most of the day. Would I buy it? Definitely.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2014 3:43:00 PM More reviews by ShawTee843

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm really upset that this foundation does not work for me.. Honestly, many face products from Neutrogena (foundation,facial cleanser, etc) don't seem to agree with my skin.. While I do enjoy the texture, blend-ability, pigmentation and lasting power of this foundation, I'm pretty sure it breaks me out! I feel like whenever I wear it, by the end of the day when I take it off, I have horribly clogged pores and a bunch of new big zits! I noticed this when I started wearing it at first.. I thought maybe it was hormonal, but I switched back to another foundation for a couple weeks to be sure. I started clearing up and I tried it again for two days and by the second day.. I had a bunch of brand new breakouts! I am on my period, so it could be hormonal, but normally I just get one or two big pimples.. this just seems out of the ordinary and I feel like a lot of other Neutrogena foundations have broken me out in the past. Also, this foundation really needs a pump. Normally, if the foundation is good enough, and it comes out in a timely manner, I don't freak out about not having one like some people, but damn, this stuff is so thick and for some reason, it does not want to come out! I turn it upside down, shake it, pat it, smack it.. nothing! A'int nobody got time for that! I was dipping a Qtip into the bottle! So annoying!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by rcalla

This foundation aims high, but for me, fell just short of perfect. I received a sample through BzzAgent, and my initial impressions were very positive. This foundation has a beautiful velvety texture, good moderate coverage, and solid staying power. In addition, it also does seem to deliver, at least modestly, on the claim of tone correcting properties.My major problem when I first tried it, though, remains a big issue. I have yet to find a good color match (after two different tries) and color can make all the difference between an ok foundation and a can't live without it foundation. I am a tough match; quite fair but with ruddy tones to my skin, and an uneven texture. Even so, I have found other brands, like Almay, that have been a good color match for me in the past. Neutrogena's long wear formula is so great otherwise that I just wish I could have found that perfect match in this case. My only other big gripe is with the packaging. The pour bottle leaves a lot to be desired; the foundation seems very thick and slow to pour out. I would much prefer a pump bottle for better control of the application, and it would leave the outside of the bottle much cleaner. I will keep looking for a personal favorite, but in the meantime, I will continue using this foundation. It is a very lasting formula that offers good coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2014 10:49:00 AM More reviews by fhfred

When I first applied the Neutrogena Nourishing Long Wear, I was really impressed. I have a hard time finding foundations that match my fair skin. I have pink undertones and most foundations are too cool or too orange for me whereas this Neutrogena Nourishing Long Wear was a PERFECT match for my skin tone. It really evened out my skin tone by correcting some redness to give a nice even look to my complexion. I appreciate that the coverage was so solid for what I would call a medium-coverage foundation, by that I mean that it corrected some problem areas without feeling heavy. I did need to use concealer for my some specific problem areas, but I expect that from most any foundation.

I was really pleased that the foundation has SPF!

However, as the day wore on, I noticed pretty early that the foundation was settling into fine lines and pores in a way that was very unflattering. I felt like this foundation really aged me. Every small crease around my smile looked exaggerated and the pores on my forehead (which I didn't know I had, eek!) looked huge! I feel like the foundation has 12 hour staying power, but I feel like I want to remove it long before the 12 hours is up. I'd never used a face primer before, but I decided to pick up a primer to try with this foundation. After trying it, I can say that the primer GREATLY improved the look of this product. I wouldn't have kept wearing the foundation without a primer, but now it looks beautiful!

I often worry that when I switch to a new skincare product, my skin - which is combination dry/regular - will freak out. This foundation did not cause me to break out, which was a relief. I have not noticed a difference in skin tone or texture, but it has not been the full four weeks that the description recommends.

Overall, my feelings about this foundation are mixed. I wish I didn't need another product (face primer) to use this product, but I'm so happy with the color match and the staying power that I think I will keep wearing Neutrogena Nourishing Long Wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2014 11:59:00 PM More reviews by flautenmusik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm very fair skinned, and the Natural Ivory was a perfect match for my skin. I'm just getting back to using liquid foundation after being faithful to Bare Minerals for years. My dry skin needs something that moisturizes, so liquid seems like the way to go.

The coverage is medium on my skin. It easily covers my blemishes with only a little bit. My concealer also seems to work better on this foundation. I use my fingers to apply foundation, and a little tiny amount really goes a long way. The product is thicker than others on the market, but it also gives you better coverage. Unlike some foundations that feel sticky after applying, this one is almost powdery soft. My skin is definitely silkier to the touch after a week of using.

My only beef is with the actual bottle. You have to pour it out, but since the product is so thick, you have to either wait for a small amount or hit it and hope you don't get too much. If your'e listening Neutrogena, please consider either making it a pump or squeeze package.

All in all, I really like the product better than others I have used in the last few months. I plan on using the entire bottle, and if it keeps working as well, I will repurchase.

Disclaimer: I received a full size bottle for free from BzzAgent, but my review and opinions are my own.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by lectriceye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I find this foundation ok. I like that it's really light and fairly sheer for a foundation, I always forget i'm wearing it when I have it on! The lightest shade is still a tad too orange for me though. You reallly have to shake up the bottle each use so the orange doesn't over power. I am paper white so i'm used to foundations not matching, but it would still be nice to see this made in a lighter shade. I do use this though and it seems to work as a tinted moisturizer. I just mix a few drops with my daily face lotion and it's perfect! So in that respect this product i'm a fan of. So far I haven't broken out yet either from this which is always a plus! The price is around $15 which I feel is a little high for a drugstore brand but I still think it's worth a shot. I'd say this foundation is a winner, especially if you get a good matching one.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by BubblingOver

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm loving it so far! 12 hour wear is great! To verify this claim, since I put the makeup on late in the day, I decided to (horrors, I know!) wear it until the morning. I noticed two immediate differences from the CoverGirl I have been using: 1) It didn't smear off onto my light colored pillow cases! and 2) When I went to remove it in the morning, it was still there to remove! I guess that says a lot for its claims of being long-lasting! It is also great for coverage; it was even good enough to double as an under-eye concealer for me! My only complaint (other than I "maybe" should have gotten a shade lighter) is that the product is very thick and this makes it difficult to come out of the bottle. The bottle is glass (which we all like because who knows what additional chemicals might seep into the makeup from a plastic container) but it doesn't come out! I feel like I'm wrangling ketchup out of a classic Heinz bottle and I don't know the secret trick about hitting it on the "57!" I'm putting this makeup on in my home, not in my freezing car (which I could understand), so I don't know what the problem is. I almost think I need to hold it under a warm faucet for a few minutes before using because my last resort was to hit the opening repeatedly against the palm of my hand to get the makeup out and that made my hand icky...so not great for on-the-go application :) I guess I could use a stick to dip into the bottle. But all in all, it's been really great! I love how long it lasts. I'm curious about the "active ingredient" listed on the front being good for my skin. And I think the bottle and design are pretty and they are consistent with the sizes (1 ounce) of my other bottles/tubes of foundation.