Neutrogena Nourishing Long Wear Foundation

3.8

(Active Ingredient : Titanium Dioxide 2.9%) ------------ Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Mica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Alumina, Aluminium Stearate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Silica Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 7/4/2015 6:21:00 PM

Even after reading horrible reviews on this I was still interested in trying it since I am Deffinetly the person who needs a long wear foundation bc I work such long days! This Claimed to be full coverage, 12 hour wear, tone correcting good for your skin makeup. First thing was that it is not full coverage of say medium and when I tell you this product has the worst wear time in any foundation I have worn ever ! It looks great at first but breaks down no joke after an hour! I am not any oily person and after three hours the makeup separated into orangey dots all over my face, and looked like an oil slick it was unbelievable! I couldn't wait to wash it off my face after it only being on for three hours! Tried it twice same result.. Extremely disappointing especially for a "long wearing " foundation.... Color range is bad too! Very disappointed and returned!

on 5/11/2015 12:23:00 PM

Update: I used it for one more day and it made me break out in little bumps everywhere. Oh well...still on the search for the right stuff. I exchanged it for the skin clearing foundation...hopefully that will work.

on 3/9/2015 7:07:00 AM

Bought this yesterday as I've tried just about every drugstore foundation this winter. My skin really needs some loving and moisture so I decided to give this ago. First I think the color selection is a bit off as I'm closest to #10 and I've never been the first shade in any brand. Second the packaging is just horrible. The product doesn't come out! They need to redo it and include a pump bc even with turning the bottle upside the makeup still doesn't want to come out. We will see how this wears today... If it lasts then it's worth the struggle of trying to get the product out. If not I'll take it back.

this was gifted to me, and i have the right shade, #12, which is far too yellow for me. i have a yellow undertone, but this is like homer simpson. I'm not a fan of the packaging, it's similar to revlon colorstay, just a bottle you have to tip upside down for the product to come out. this is VERY thick and heavy. you would expect something this thick to be very full coverage but no, just medium coverage. it stays on for a long time with a dewy finish, which i prefer since i have dry skin. oh, and it didn't cling to dry patches too badly.

on 11/7/2014 7:53:00 PM

I'm not so sure. I used it after over exfoliating so my skin had micro years so the texture was awful, which means that it didn't give me a good idea of how the foundation truly looks on skin. I will say this; all of the foundations are far too pink. The one I chose, #10 classic ivory, is the most yellow tones for fair skin and it is still a tad pink. It does not set but rather you can wipe it straight off even after powdering. It is alright simply because despite the slightly off color and transferability, it doesn't make my skin look atrocious and has light to medium coverage. I feel like this would be a good full coverage for someone with dry skin, as it is very creamy and I had used a very very Very THIN layer to achieve a medium coverage.

on 8/5/2014 4:51:00 AM

way to heavy on the skin and accuated my dry spots. nice coverage tho and did last all day in humidity, even the lightest shade is a tad to dark:(

on 7/19/2014 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I liked this foundation overall, but had to return it due to the fact that it accentuated my large pores. It goes only nicely, and wears well through the day. It had almost a powdery finish, but looks natural. I have large pores in mt t-zone, and the formula seemed to settle IN (not on or over) my pores and left little spots that were quite unsightly. (This happened regardless of how much or how little product I used.) Also, I don't use a primer because I'm not a fan of them. So, if large pores are not an issue for you, then this foundation just work out perfectly. The glass bottle doesn't have a pump. but this "issue" is easily solved by inserting a clean Q-tip into the bottle to gather product, and then swabbing it onto the back of my hand (then use fingers, or a brush).

on 7/5/2014 1:34:00 PM

I would not recommend for fair skin tones, I like the product but it came off VERY pink to me, I have fair tan skin I just couldn't find the right color, other than that love it!

on 7/4/2014 11:33:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Finally a foundation that corrects redness, but is still sheer. . I have dark circles and a red nose.. I am pale and the red really shows. It's great to find a product that blurs the problem areas. I got this in classic ivory (NC20), shade I use in Health Skin -a yellow based Ivory. It looked a bit tanner than the same shade in the Health Skin version. I was worried it look orange on. The shade is darker and does turn a little peachy. But it blends in nicely with my skin,due to the sheerness and color correcting. It doesn't have to be an exact match - like a BB or CC. It tones down red quite well.

It comes out thick, but it spreads blends well bad sheers out. It dries powdery. So it's dryer feeling than many liquid foundations. Does not have great staying power for me, but probably my sunscreen makes that worse. They recommend moisturizing if you have dry spots and using a damp sponge to spread it and using the heat of your fingers to set. I use my fingers and the bb a bit. I have a lot of red and I am pale and this tones it down to acceptable on a good day. So I love that. You cannot build too much coverage. . I am pretty red, so acceptable is an achievement. This is dry, so if it could settle into lines. It does not have methylisothiazolinone, which the healthy skin one does. So it doesn't make me tear up.

The one bad part is the bottle! It comes in a tall glass bottle with a wide opening. Hard to get it out (think Heinz bottle). Not very hygienic if you have to stick something in it to get it out.

Update: I find I never use this. Not enough coverage or moisture. With moisture under it doesn't seem to stay. Not a perfect match like the Healthy skin shade, so there is just isn't any incentive to make this work or risk it fading on me.

The bottle packaging is horrible. I like the foundation itself.