December 18, 2014 | 1554 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - e.l.f. Studio small stipple brush

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by FeminineWoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

What a great find for $3.00! Not only is the stipple brush affordable, but it's a quality brush. Applies makeup well, and no shedding. Highly recommend this brush to all who use, or are interested in experimenting applying makeup with a stipple brush. If you're interested in using a stipple brush for blush, fdtn and concealer, you won't break the bank purchasing three brushes at $3 a pop.

I use this brush mainly for applying creme blush and concealer. When applying concealer, it does a great job on the sides of my nose next to upper lids. Well, it just does a great job all over.

When applying fdtn, prefer to use a fdtn brush, but if I want to change my routine a bit, will stipple it using this brush. Looks good thanks to e.l.f.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2014 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Susan2148A

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have had three of these for about two years. I haven't used them every day because I use them mainly with liquid/cream products and I had been wearing mostly powder foundation until I got sick a month ago. Since being sick, I have had grey circles under my eyes and in the inner corners. I normally don't conceal under my eyes (takes too much time and too much trouble for me) but it became a necessity, so I've been using Olay Simply Ageless concealer under my eyes. I dab it on with my finger and swirl around in circles with the small stipple brush. It works beautifully to distribute the concealer and feather the edges into my foundation. I also apply small amount of concealer around the sides of my nose and swirl the brush to make sure I conceal pores and broken capillaries. I've also used the brush with Maybelline Cover Stick, Revlon ColorStay Concealer and Maybelline Fit Me Concealer, and it has worked well with all those different textures. For someone who rarely uses concealer, I sure have tons of it! But this brush is an effective smaller stipple brush for smaller areas of your face. It's cheap, holds up well (like all the other E.L.F. brushes I've used) and does the job.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by bluebirdie_ca

I use ELF studio flat power brush to apply liquid foundation. Because the power brush is larger, it's hard to cover the folds at my nose. Picked up the Small Studio stipple brush for that purpose.

Because the ELF stipple is looser, it doesn't seem to stipple on thick liquid foundation very evenly (unlike the flat studio power brush). it's not perfect for my needs. However, it does work better than the power brush and other brushes for around the nose. So far I have not found a better brush for that purpose. So for that, it deserves a 5 star. I will keep on trying new brush to see if there's something better. But for now, I'm glad I found this small stipple which works.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Formerann83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can't say anything bad about this. It's the perfect brush with the perfect price PERIOD. I use this to blend and smooth my CC cream and it's the best.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

I originally bought this hoping I could use it for under the eye either for concealer or setting powder.
It did not work.
What it did work for was my cream blushes.
I either dab it in the product then lightly stipple onto where I want it or I use it with powder blush in the same fashion.
Works wonderfully with a stick blush or stick lipstick as blush as well. I just swipe the product in the area I want it and then stipple it in with the brush in a soft downward motion.
If needed I use the brush to softly blend the blush back.
I love the look it gives.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 2:36:00 AM More reviews by thomasania

I have five of these brushes and I love them! I have been using them to apply BB cream, blush, highlighter, everything. I have had ELF brushes in the past that didn't wow me, but these are a step above a lot of similar brushes. I had tried the MAC stippling brush and it just didn't work for me, so I was a little reluctant to purchase another stippling brush. But I am so glad I did!
These are worth way more than what they are priced as, so I think I will stock up soon and give them as gifts.

Price - simply can't beat it - $3 on the website but since they run crazy sales you can get it for less.

Quality - I have washed mine twice and I have not seen any shedding.

These are totally worth adding to your brush collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Sammy311

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Perfect for applying cream blushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2014 11:24:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have bought two of these so far, and will probably buy one or two more. I use them for so many different things. Great for cream or liquid foundation, great for cream or powder blush, powder, bronzer, it's just a great little brush that has amazing versatility. And cheap!! Soft, too. So glad I gave it a try, you really can't go wrong with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 11:17:00 PM More reviews by noell

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Believe the hype - this brush is fantastic. Not only is it fantastic for the price ($3), it's fantastic for any price. It's soft, incredibly durable, and effective. It's my go-to highlighter brush at home, and it works really well for cream blushes, too.
I keep tinted moisturizer in my desk drawer at work, and I use this brush to blend it. I also keep one in my travel bag and use it for cream products on the road.
I've washed my oldest one at least 10 times at this point, and it doesn't even have ferrule scratching. It always dries soft and fluffy, as good as the day I bought it.
Trust me, you will find SOME use for this brush. Pick one up on your next trip to Target.

P.S. If you have a young daughter/sister/niece who is just learning to use makeup, this would be the perfect foundation or blush brush for her - it's easy to use and the price is right.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by natalientd

Love this brush!!

PROS
the price (only $3!!!!)
look, very sheek and looks like an expensive brush
build quality, great!! no hair sheds or any downfalls in that category
package, very useful and easy to carry around. The brush is stored in a plastic like sleeve and on back of sleeve it tells you how to use/clean your brush (very helpful)
feel, very firm yet soft bristles so there is no irritation on the skin

CONS
so small!!!!!! this isn't that big of a deal though, it just takes longer to apply and blend makeup because of its size