September 21, 2014 | 1100 users online

Palettes - It Cosmetics - Naturally Pretty Vol. 1 Matte Luxe Transforming Eyeshadow Palette

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2014 5:55:00 PM More reviews by ilyjen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was unsure about this palette at first. I tend to go for darker palettes (the Nakeds, Lorac Pro, Return of Sexy, etc) because I feel that if I'm going to drop $42 on eyeshadows they better have one of those BAM dramatic affects. BUT these colors, although totally unconventional for me, are gorgeous and they blend together wonderfully. I have a very pink complexion mind you so I would've never guessed these peachy pastel tones could be so flattering with my red face and brown eyes. They have a great color pay off as well which you wouldn't expect by just looking at them. There are 14 shadows and a "transforming pearl" shadow which you can mix with any of the colors to give them a luminous effect. They can also be worn wet or dry which gives you a lot of versatility from one palette. All in all, great value and I anticipate I will be wearing these more than any of the others I've bought.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2014 12:14:00 PM More reviews by JustMeas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Disclaimer, I think mattes are a hard sell just by their nature of being flat and dry...To be a good matte anything is really to be spectacular.

I needed a general matte collection to compliment my shimmer and satin eye shadows. This works but not spectacularly for the cost. A drug store palette of neutrals would work just fine.
The packaging is the worst. Spanking brand new it has a beautiful vintage feel to it however the 'suede' collects every drop of moisture from hair spray, hand lotion, face pimer/sprays, random powders - just imagine what's going on in your cave and the results over a month with this thing in and out of the drawers in contact with other products we have laying around - come on now, your space looks just like mine on any random day in the middle of the work week:)

The packaging really takes a beating and looks terrible after a short while. I'm trying to figure out the depot strategy which is a waste; the e/s are average, the cost must be in the packaging I'm plotting to throw away.
If I lost this palette I would not run out and repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by BoundlessBeauty

I purchased this palette at Ulta Beauty and loved the look of the colors. I swatched a few colors on my hand, but when I took the palette home and used it the colors just would not blend. The colors lacked pigmentation and as stated- blendability. I was not impressed; therefore, I returned the palette after using a few tines unsuccessfully.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by msteele

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I prefer matte shadows over very shimmery shadows, like the ones found in the Urban Decay line. I bought the LORAC matte and shimmer palette and just about used up all the colors so I thought a new palette was in order. Saw this and impulse bought it. I found the pigments of the softer colors to be too sheer and the deeper colored shadows were much more orange on the skin than they looked in the pan. I tend to lean towards beiges, pinks, and taupes rather than golds, oranges, and browns. So this was a no go for me. While I like matte shadows, I like them to be high pigmented AND correctly pigmented. Returned the palette and bought the 7 Ways to Bare by BareMinerals. While the colors are less accessible because they are each in their own little pot, they are what I was looking for. That's my two cents!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by rohiam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I got this palette, I was sick of shiny shadow, flat mattes, and shimmer everywhere. I needed a reboot. This palette was being shown off on the Ulta website, so I impulse bought it and anxiously waited a few days. First things first, I never thought mattes could be this multi-dimensional. They have this satiny sheen that is beautiful on any skintone, eye shape, etc. I've used this on friends, clients, even my makeup hating mom, and everyone has loved the natural effect it has upon looks like a smoky eye. I don't think I'd repurchase this palette as I don't think I'll ever run out, it's so pigmented! But, packaging wise, I wish they'd choose to have a less plush packaging. It gets dirty if it even comes close to anything. Overall, I love this palette and would recommend it to a friend, or anyone looking for a beautiful matte pick-me-up!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by misscynthia06

Overall: This palette has a teeny bit of a learning curve, but once you get beyond that the colors are soft and pretty and this can be used to create everyday nice looking eyes, the quality of the shadows is superb and they blend easily with others making this a highly versatile product.

Packaging: I am not a huge fan of the packaging in terms of how it looks, it tends to be a bit childish and cheap looking in my opinion. Functionally though, the package rocks, the metallic clasp keeps the palette locked shut and the smaller sizes squares of shadow look clean and have enough space in between them (this is huge to me, i HATE when shadows drop into eachother and get all muddy and dirty).

Formula: These shadows are super smooth, they glid on the lid and feel really soft and light on. I want to call it a "creamy" feel but they are a true soft powder, creamy without being moist in any way.

Perfromance: The color payoff is good, most of these colors are muted, even the bolder orange, red, purple and blue all have a soft almost filtered quality, this means they are super easy to blend and work well with others, but you run the risk of blending the color into oblivion. Like other reviews have said, the look can get muddy if you try to do too much with these. The all matte theme is really versatile, this palette will fit right in with almost every other shadow you own.
A primer is an absolute necessity with these shadows, I have experimented with putting the shadows on bare lids and the staying power is awful, however with an eyeshadow prime I get a full days wear out of them. I will add my lids are not overly oily, I would consider them average.

This is a go-to in my stash, it is just so easy to make looks that are pretty, wearable and every-day from this palette. I do a black liner and mascara, a soft color on the lid, a warmer one on the crease and maybe a hint of the espresso in the V or to deepend the crease, and the lightest shades as a highligter and done. The looks are perfect for someone in the workforce or who likes makeup but isn't able to do full smoky eye or purple lids everyday to school, family events, church, work etc.

I took one star off in part for the muted colors and super soft texture that is just SO EASY to overblend and look muddy (especially if you have warmer skin like I do), but mostly for the gimmeky "transforming pearl" shade. No. Of course swiping a white pearl eyeshadow on top of already muted low pigment colors is not going to "transform" the shadow into another color or make it more "shimmery". It just makes the color even less noticible and more muted. I have seen Jamie Kern present this on QVC and I have to say it is quite misleading to say it doubles the amount of shadows in the palette. It is perfectly fine as a highligter or as a browbone color, but please don't insult the intelligence of women who give you our hard earned money and pretend like this white eyeshadow (which we all probably already have one just like) will "transform" the colors into totally new shimmery and radiant colors (if this was the case, don't you think we all would already be swiping white glitter eyeshadow on top of our colors?)

Like others mentioned, I bought this palette from the IT COSMETICS site, it is normally $42 but I paid $35, so check for coupons and website sales, also QVC has the palette and a nice two sided brush for $39.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

Oh my gosh, can we all just take a moment to drool over this palette? Seriously, this thing is gorgeous. I even "feature" it on top of where I store all my makeup, because it is THAT pretty. The shades in this palette are wayyyy more than I had hoped for. All the websites and photos give it absolutely no justice!! You have to be physically holding this palette in natural light to see how different it is than most.

You get 15 shadows in this palette, one of them being a "transformer" shade that can I guess make all the other shades shimmer or gleam if you want them to. I have yet to use that little guy, because the other shades are already perfect to me. Some of my favorite shades in this palette are Soft Light, Warmth, All Heart, Mocha, and Soulful. I don't think you can even dupe these shades - that's how unique they are. The ones I just mentioned have mostly a "rosy" tone to them, but there are also some beautiful deeper shades that make great lower lash smudgy liners. Those shades are Noir, Midnight, Java, and Iconic. You can use them to get a subtle pop of color, or go heavy handed and use them in the crease. I have no complaints when it comes to the texture of these shadows, the all feel like silk. They are also super easy to blend, which is ALWAYS helpful. The lighter colors in here look amazing with each other, but they also look great paired with one of the darker shades in the outer V of the eye. You can create endless looks with this palette, and literally all the shades are compatible with each other. Sometimes you get a palette that has such contrasts, that it makes it hard to do a one and done look with the palette. Even though this palette may not look like it can do that - I promise you it can. It can create a look from day to night, without needing to use any other shadows from your collection. Speaking of day to night - I think any of these shades can be worn during the day. Even the darker ones. It's nice knowing I can grab this palette in a hurry and get an easy, blended, flawless eye makeup look in minutes. Whoever created this formula is a genius!!

Get this palette. It's so unique and different than any other I own, and probably you own. You will not regret it! Certainly worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by snowbird53

This is hands down my favorite eye palette. I use all the colors and love the texture and quality of them. They go on so smoothly and are easy to blend. The only con is the amount of each shadow and would give this five lippies if they were in a rectangular type style rather than the small square.

Will absolutely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 6:46:00 AM More reviews by misssoldiergirl

I've seen this palette at Ulta before and never really was that interested. Then my husband got it for me as a gift because he knows I love makeup and love my naked 2 & 3. So since I got it I tried it out and I was amazed at how much I ended up liking it. The colors are beautiful, highly pigmented and so buttery. Also I love matte eyeshadow so this was perfect. I guess the reason I was never attracted to it at first was just because of the packaging especially the inside looks cheap. Also because I have a one track mind and was stuck on urban decay eyeshadow. This palette is actually very nice and you can create many different looks. I highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2014 2:54:00 AM More reviews by scarattina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

An eye palette to RAVE about?? An HG palette?? YES!! I usually have a tough time with eye palettes as normally not many of the colors suit me or just look funny, so I usually just buy for the packaging if I see 1-2 colors that look familiar to me. However, this is truly something that I may be able to use up! I was skeptical at first but just decided to go for it since I like the taupes, plums, and orangey shades, and reviews were great. I was not at all disappointed.

First of all, it is brilliant. It Cosmetics technology is so different than other products. The eyeshadows go on smoother. If you swatch them and rub it off, it doesn't really come off. They are also silken powders that are very blendable and pigmented.

The thing I like most about these eyeshadows are that the formula looks great on me. I have smaller almond shaped eyes, and cannot blend into creases the same way other people do. I normall just wear one color shade and a highlight. What sold me was a review I found on ULTA saying that people with hooded-lids NEED this. While I don't have hooded lids, I believe I need similar products since my eyes are smaller. This stuff has been a joy for me because I can wear every single one of the colors. They are very universal for any skintone. Infact, if I were a makeup artist I would think I would not have to use anything else really. This would also be wonderful wedding makeup.

Not sure how it works, but the result is natural, "naturally pretty" like it is named, but still dramatic and sexy. It is a classier way to wear different colors on the lid, since bright shadows are definitely not in anymore...but even still, the color range on this is incred!

I would actually buy this again and have never said that for a palette of all things. I am even excited for the next one to come out! Oh and I think the packaging is so cute! Pink and adorable!! With a beautifully sized mirror too...Idk I love it?

One of the best products I've ever purchased. HG even. Amazeballs :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No