It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Vol. 1 Matte Luxe Transforming Eyeshadow Palette

4.1

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Got this at a half off sale at Ulta. The colors are well pigmented, smooth to apply and blend well. I really like this palette but I wouldn't pay full price for it. The shimmer strip is wasted on me, bc I prefer matte colors so I can't speak to that.

on 3/29/2015 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

First off who's bright idea was it to encase a palette in fabric? It gets so dingy and FAST. however the colors are beautiful and I don't own a ton of mattes. The rusty Orange is beautiful. The formula is very smooth and lasts a long time.

on 2/9/2015 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

In the end this is the palette I use the most, the colors are pigmented, not powdery, as I am older matte is just the way to go. The selection of colors is also versatile, perfect for my blue eyes...there are lots of palettes who seem to work better on brown eyes...itcosmetics is actually a fantastic brand!!!

on 1/26/2015 11:08:00 AM

I love this. The shadows are not irritating for sensitive eyes, build well and blend. There's a good mix of warm and cool shades unlike most palettes which lean one way. I do use the transforming shade on my lid and while it's true that you can't get shine like a Mac nylon out of this, it does add a subtle sheen to the lids. If I want more sparkle, it's no big deal to add some Stila kitten or something similar. The only thing I don't like is the fake suede packaging which looks cheap and old ladyish to me.

on 1/8/2015 9:41:00 AM

Pretty colors for someone seeking a more natural look but not very pigmented so it takes many times over achieve true color.

on 12/23/2014 8:32:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my everyday, go-to palette. I did need a primer, but these shadows still lasted much longer on my lids than my previous drugstore shadows, so I'll forgive this palette for that. The colors are very nice, but they are muted, so don't expect to get bright purple or something like that. All of the shadows are very wearable, yet very pigmented, and I only need a dot of the darker colors to achieve my desired look (which is a subtle smokey eye.) They blend easily, don't crease, and stay in place. My UD shadows crease and fade more than the shadows in this palette do. I accidentally slept on my makeup and woke up with these shadows just slightly faded, which was a big stunner for me.

Consistency-wise, these shadows are smooth and creamy upon application. The first time I tried the shadows, I was actually in awe of how much better they are than my previous eyeshadow. They're just so soft! If you put on layers and layers of product, they can look a little powdery, but it's so hard to notice I wouldn't use that as a reason to not get this palette. They do need a little more blending than the UD shadows but that's not a deal-breaker for me.

However, the transforming pearl isn't super great. I don't notice much transformation in the shadows... Maybe they get a little more pearly? Maybe? However, it makes a great highlighter, so I currently just use it for that.

on 12/1/2014 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have a ton of palettes, but this is one that I consistently reach for. Love the matte shadows, and the variety of colors. I like doing a subtle smokey eye for the day, and utilizing the unique colors for some variety. Even with a bit of color infused into my look, these shadows blend effortlessly so the look is never "too much" for day.

I don't really even bother with the transforming shimmer. I have enough other colors that if I wanted a shimmery color, I'd just go find it in my collection rather than try to shimmer-fy a matte shadow in this palette.

That being said, I do like the transforming shimmer as a highlight below the brow bone, or a brightener on the inner corner of the eye. Once in a while, I'll use it as my lightest "base" color and build the subtle smokey eye off that.

I use a primer with this for best staying power and color pay-off.

on 11/29/2014 11:29:00 AM

I believe this was my second all matte palette. Matte shadows are the most flattering on me, so when I saw this on QVC, I bought it, since it was not yet available at Ulta. It is easy to create so many different looks with this palette, but my absolute favorite shadow in the palette is Sunset. It is warm and rusty, but not too orange. Just perfect. My only complaint is that the outside of the palette should have been made of a material that can be cleaned off easily.

on 11/12/2014 5:48:00 PM

I have been searching for a palette that has mostly if not all matte shadows and I found this. At the time I had to choose between the limited edition celebration palette or this one and I chose the LE one for obvious reasons. I loved it so much that I went back and bought volume 1. These shades are velvety, stay put, and blend easily. I use a primer and the pigmentation is crazy good (a white primer really makes them pop ie NYX jumbo eye pencil "milk") These shadows stay all day, even if I sweat up a storm and they don't crease. I haven't noticed any fallout either. I have used this palette and the holiday edition every day since purchasing about a month ago.

on 11/7/2014 8:52:00 PM

These eyeshadow colors are not what I expected. They are not pigmented at all for the price of the product. I was also disappointed that this palette did not come with a brush. For 42$ you would think you would get a brush with the palette! Also the "shimmer" powder that is supposed to turn any color into a shimmer eyeshadow simply is BS. It makes the colors lighter when applied not shimmery. I just couldn't do anything with this and will be returning it to Ulta stat!

Popular Palettes