November 28, 2014 | 1767 users online

Palettes - It Cosmetics - Naturally Pretty Vol. 1 Matte Luxe Transforming Eyeshadow Palette

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by chloehops

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have been searching for a palette that has mostly if not all matte shadows and I found this. At the time I had to choose between the limited edition celebration palette or this one and I chose the LE one for obvious reasons. I loved it so much that I went back and bought volume 1. These shades are velvety, stay put, and blend easily. I use a primer and the pigmentation is crazy good (a white primer really makes them pop ie NYX jumbo eye pencil "milk") These shadows stay all day, even if I sweat up a storm and they don't crease. I haven't noticed any fallout either. I have used this palette and the holiday edition every day since purchasing about a month ago.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Loved10

These eyeshadow colors are not what I expected. They are not pigmented at all for the price of the product. I was also disappointed that this palette did not come with a brush. For 42$ you would think you would get a brush with the palette! Also the "shimmer" powder that is supposed to turn any color into a shimmer eyeshadow simply is BS. It makes the colors lighter when applied not shimmery. I just couldn't do anything with this and will be returning it to Ulta stat!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by steff612

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure if I like these eyeshadows or not. I think there might be a learning curve with them and I'm just not getting it. I try to apply them but I just end up with a muddy mess. I've never had this problem with shadows before. I think I might give them a try using them wet instead of dry.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2014 11:09:00 AM More reviews by phylalexan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was pretty disappointed in this palette. Upon first glance, the finish and feel of each eyeshadow is lovely and even putting it on my lid with my finger only provides a beautiful finish. However --- for me they just lack va va voom! Supposedly since I have more mature eyelids I should only wear matte eyeshadows but this palette did absolutely nothing for my eyes. There are only 3 shadows that are light enough for my lid and the rest of the shadow work ok in the crease but they are very peachy toned and almost blend in with my skin too much. I am fair - C4 (if I use MAC) ... everything is way too muted for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2014 5:55:00 PM More reviews by ilyjen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was unsure about this palette at first. I tend to go for darker palettes (the Nakeds, Lorac Pro, Return of Sexy, etc) because I feel that if I'm going to drop $42 on eyeshadows they better have one of those BAM dramatic affects. BUT these colors, although totally unconventional for me, are gorgeous and they blend together wonderfully. I have a very pink complexion mind you so I would've never guessed these peachy pastel tones could be so flattering with my red face and brown eyes. They have a great color pay off as well which you wouldn't expect by just looking at them. There are 14 shadows and a "transforming pearl" shadow which you can mix with any of the colors to give them a luminous effect. They can also be worn wet or dry which gives you a lot of versatility from one palette. All in all, great value and I anticipate I will be wearing these more than any of the others I've bought.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2014 12:14:00 PM More reviews by JustMeas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Disclaimer, I think mattes are a hard sell just by their nature of being flat and dry...To be a good matte anything is really to be spectacular.

I needed a general matte collection to compliment my shimmer and satin eye shadows. This works but not spectacularly for the cost. A drug store palette of neutrals would work just fine.
The packaging is the worst. Spanking brand new it has a beautiful vintage feel to it however the 'suede' collects every drop of moisture from hair spray, hand lotion, face pimer/sprays, random powders - just imagine what's going on in your cave and the results over a month with this thing in and out of the drawers in contact with other products we have laying around - come on now, your space looks just like mine on any random day in the middle of the work week:)

The packaging really takes a beating and looks terrible after a short while. I'm trying to figure out the depot strategy which is a waste; the e/s are average, the cost must be in the packaging I'm plotting to throw away.
If I lost this palette I would not run out and repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by BoundlessBeauty

I purchased this palette at Ulta Beauty and loved the look of the colors. I swatched a few colors on my hand, but when I took the palette home and used it the colors just would not blend. The colors lacked pigmentation and as stated- blendability. I was not impressed; therefore, I returned the palette after using a few tines unsuccessfully.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by msteele

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I prefer matte shadows over very shimmery shadows, like the ones found in the Urban Decay line. I bought the LORAC matte and shimmer palette and just about used up all the colors so I thought a new palette was in order. Saw this and impulse bought it. I found the pigments of the softer colors to be too sheer and the deeper colored shadows were much more orange on the skin than they looked in the pan. I tend to lean towards beiges, pinks, and taupes rather than golds, oranges, and browns. So this was a no go for me. While I like matte shadows, I like them to be high pigmented AND correctly pigmented. Returned the palette and bought the 7 Ways to Bare by BareMinerals. While the colors are less accessible because they are each in their own little pot, they are what I was looking for. That's my two cents!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by rohiam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I got this palette, I was sick of shiny shadow, flat mattes, and shimmer everywhere. I needed a reboot. This palette was being shown off on the Ulta website, so I impulse bought it and anxiously waited a few days. First things first, I never thought mattes could be this multi-dimensional. They have this satiny sheen that is beautiful on any skintone, eye shape, etc. I've used this on friends, clients, even my makeup hating mom, and everyone has loved the natural effect it has upon looks like a smoky eye. I don't think I'd repurchase this palette as I don't think I'll ever run out, it's so pigmented! But, packaging wise, I wish they'd choose to have a less plush packaging. It gets dirty if it even comes close to anything. Overall, I love this palette and would recommend it to a friend, or anyone looking for a beautiful matte pick-me-up!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by misscynthia06

Overall: This palette has a teeny bit of a learning curve, but once you get beyond that the colors are soft and pretty and this can be used to create everyday nice looking eyes, the quality of the shadows is superb and they blend easily with others making this a highly versatile product.

Packaging: I am not a huge fan of the packaging in terms of how it looks, it tends to be a bit childish and cheap looking in my opinion. Functionally though, the package rocks, the metallic clasp keeps the palette locked shut and the smaller sizes squares of shadow look clean and have enough space in between them (this is huge to me, i HATE when shadows drop into eachother and get all muddy and dirty).

Formula: These shadows are super smooth, they glid on the lid and feel really soft and light on. I want to call it a "creamy" feel but they are a true soft powder, creamy without being moist in any way.

Perfromance: The color payoff is good, most of these colors are muted, even the bolder orange, red, purple and blue all have a soft almost filtered quality, this means they are super easy to blend and work well with others, but you run the risk of blending the color into oblivion. Like other reviews have said, the look can get muddy if you try to do too much with these. The all matte theme is really versatile, this palette will fit right in with almost every other shadow you own.
A primer is an absolute necessity with these shadows, I have experimented with putting the shadows on bare lids and the staying power is awful, however with an eyeshadow prime I get a full days wear out of them. I will add my lids are not overly oily, I would consider them average.

This is a go-to in my stash, it is just so easy to make looks that are pretty, wearable and every-day from this palette. I do a black liner and mascara, a soft color on the lid, a warmer one on the crease and maybe a hint of the espresso in the V or to deepend the crease, and the lightest shades as a highligter and done. The looks are perfect for someone in the workforce or who likes makeup but isn't able to do full smoky eye or purple lids everyday to school, family events, church, work etc.

I took one star off in part for the muted colors and super soft texture that is just SO EASY to overblend and look muddy (especially if you have warmer skin like I do), but mostly for the gimmeky "transforming pearl" shade. No. Of course swiping a white pearl eyeshadow on top of already muted low pigment colors is not going to "transform" the shadow into another color or make it more "shimmery". It just makes the color even less noticible and more muted. I have seen Jamie Kern present this on QVC and I have to say it is quite misleading to say it doubles the amount of shadows in the palette. It is perfectly fine as a highligter or as a browbone color, but please don't insult the intelligence of women who give you our hard earned money and pretend like this white eyeshadow (which we all probably already have one just like) will "transform" the colors into totally new shimmery and radiant colors (if this was the case, don't you think we all would already be swiping white glitter eyeshadow on top of our colors?)

Like others mentioned, I bought this palette from the IT COSMETICS site, it is normally $42 but I paid $35, so check for coupons and website sales, also QVC has the palette and a nice two sided brush for $39.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No