December 20, 2014 | 922 users online

Palettes - It Cosmetics - Naturally Pretty Vol. 1 Matte Luxe Transforming Eyeshadow Palette

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2014 2:34:00 PM More reviews by katerdpher51

I have a ton of palettes, but this is one that I consistently reach for. Love the matte shadows, and the variety of colors. I like doing a subtle smokey eye for the day, and utilizing the unique colors for some variety. Even with a bit of color infused into my look, these shadows blend effortlessly so the look is never "too much" for day.

I don't really even bother with the transforming shimmer. I have enough other colors that if I wanted a shimmery color, I'd just go find it in my collection rather than try to shimmer-fy a matte shadow in this palette.

That being said, I do like the transforming shimmer as a highlight below the brow bone, or a brightener on the inner corner of the eye. Once in a while, I'll use it as my lightest "base" color and build the subtle smokey eye off that.

I use a primer with this for best staying power and color pay-off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2014 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Nancygia

I believe this was my second all matte palette. Matte shadows are the most flattering on me, so when I saw this on QVC, I bought it, since it was not yet available at Ulta. It is easy to create so many different looks with this palette, but my absolute favorite shadow in the palette is Sunset. It is warm and rusty, but not too orange. Just perfect. My only complaint is that the outside of the palette should have been made of a material that can be cleaned off easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by chloehops

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have been searching for a palette that has mostly if not all matte shadows and I found this. At the time I had to choose between the limited edition celebration palette or this one and I chose the LE one for obvious reasons. I loved it so much that I went back and bought volume 1. These shades are velvety, stay put, and blend easily. I use a primer and the pigmentation is crazy good (a white primer really makes them pop ie NYX jumbo eye pencil "milk") These shadows stay all day, even if I sweat up a storm and they don't crease. I haven't noticed any fallout either. I have used this palette and the holiday edition every day since purchasing about a month ago.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Loved10

These eyeshadow colors are not what I expected. They are not pigmented at all for the price of the product. I was also disappointed that this palette did not come with a brush. For 42$ you would think you would get a brush with the palette! Also the "shimmer" powder that is supposed to turn any color into a shimmer eyeshadow simply is BS. It makes the colors lighter when applied not shimmery. I just couldn't do anything with this and will be returning it to Ulta stat!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by steff612

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure if I like these eyeshadows or not. I think there might be a learning curve with them and I'm just not getting it. I try to apply them but I just end up with a muddy mess. I've never had this problem with shadows before. I think I might give them a try using them wet instead of dry.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2014 11:09:00 AM More reviews by phylalexan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was pretty disappointed in this palette. Upon first glance, the finish and feel of each eyeshadow is lovely and even putting it on my lid with my finger only provides a beautiful finish. However --- for me they just lack va va voom! Supposedly since I have more mature eyelids I should only wear matte eyeshadows but this palette did absolutely nothing for my eyes. There are only 3 shadows that are light enough for my lid and the rest of the shadow work ok in the crease but they are very peachy toned and almost blend in with my skin too much. I am fair - C4 (if I use MAC) ... everything is way too muted for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2014 5:55:00 PM More reviews by ilyjen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was unsure about this palette at first. I tend to go for darker palettes (the Nakeds, Lorac Pro, Return of Sexy, etc) because I feel that if I'm going to drop $42 on eyeshadows they better have one of those BAM dramatic affects. BUT these colors, although totally unconventional for me, are gorgeous and they blend together wonderfully. I have a very pink complexion mind you so I would've never guessed these peachy pastel tones could be so flattering with my red face and brown eyes. They have a great color pay off as well which you wouldn't expect by just looking at them. There are 14 shadows and a "transforming pearl" shadow which you can mix with any of the colors to give them a luminous effect. They can also be worn wet or dry which gives you a lot of versatility from one palette. All in all, great value and I anticipate I will be wearing these more than any of the others I've bought.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2014 12:14:00 PM More reviews by JustMeas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Disclaimer, I think mattes are a hard sell just by their nature of being flat and dry...To be a good matte anything is really to be spectacular.

I needed a general matte collection to compliment my shimmer and satin eye shadows. This works but not spectacularly for the cost. A drug store palette of neutrals would work just fine.
The packaging is the worst. Spanking brand new it has a beautiful vintage feel to it however the 'suede' collects every drop of moisture from hair spray, hand lotion, face pimer/sprays, random powders - just imagine what's going on in your cave and the results over a month with this thing in and out of the drawers in contact with other products we have laying around - come on now, your space looks just like mine on any random day in the middle of the work week:)

The packaging really takes a beating and looks terrible after a short while. I'm trying to figure out the depot strategy which is a waste; the e/s are average, the cost must be in the packaging I'm plotting to throw away.
If I lost this palette I would not run out and repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by BoundlessBeauty

I purchased this palette at Ulta Beauty and loved the look of the colors. I swatched a few colors on my hand, but when I took the palette home and used it the colors just would not blend. The colors lacked pigmentation and as stated- blendability. I was not impressed; therefore, I returned the palette after using a few tines unsuccessfully.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by msteele

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I prefer matte shadows over very shimmery shadows, like the ones found in the Urban Decay line. I bought the LORAC matte and shimmer palette and just about used up all the colors so I thought a new palette was in order. Saw this and impulse bought it. I found the pigments of the softer colors to be too sheer and the deeper colored shadows were much more orange on the skin than they looked in the pan. I tend to lean towards beiges, pinks, and taupes rather than golds, oranges, and browns. So this was a no go for me. While I like matte shadows, I like them to be high pigmented AND correctly pigmented. Returned the palette and bought the 7 Ways to Bare by BareMinerals. While the colors are less accessible because they are each in their own little pot, they are what I was looking for. That's my two cents!