Sexy Hair Concepts Spray Clay

3.9

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The only thing I liked about this product was the smell and the strong spray of the bottle. I got this in my ipsy and it's not a good product for my hair type. Even if it was, it still leaves a nasty residue and made my head itch. Disappointing because I like a lot of their other products.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This spray is one of my favorites. It's great as a texturizer, a mattifier, and it smells wonderful. I sometimes even use it in place (or in conjunction) with dry shampoo on day-old hair. It's good if you've got short locks that need a boost or just some general texture, and I can see it being great to purposefully "mess-i-fy" clean, longer hair or anything in between. It's a clay, so it's going to gunk up your hair a bit, but so long as you deep clean every now and then, it should be fine. I just love having this stuff on hand. It also smells really nice; clean but edgy at the same time. It's not terribly expensive, either. I go for the ones under $15 on Amazon for 4.4 oz and it'll last a solid two months for me. If you're in the market for teasable hair with body, texture, and grip and you've got ultra fine hair or thin hair, this is the way to go.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I feel like the majority of Sexy Hair products are so-so. I'll purchase if on sale, but none of them are HG status for me. I've read many positive reviews on this product. I could take or leave it. I used the entire can up, but was neither impressed or disappointed with the results. I did feel it was lightweight and generally a decent finishing touch, but never found myself reaching for this first. The scent reminds me like an even more (if that's possible) intense version of Axe Body Spray. Generally fragrance in a product is not something that bothers me, but this stuff is stifling. Basically, this product is borderline useless and absolutely stinks!

on 1/15/2015 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Cons first: The fragrance of this is nice, but it is HEAVY in the air. I just about choked after applying it very lightly in my small bathroom the first time. Yikes. Do it in a large room with some open air or prepare to flee immediately.

Beyond that - Miracle. Product. I spray lightly all over my hair once it's styled. It somehow seems to magically take any style and just make it better. Slightly more exaggerated waves, a little more body, a little more swoop. I'd say it's the perfect hairspray/texturizer/finishing spray hybrid. I find the price pretty reasonable too, since you can frequently get this brand on sale, buy 2 get 1, etc. You also don't need to use very much to see the effects. Will buy again!

on 7/12/2014 7:40:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I use this to add volume and texture to the layers in my hair. It seems matte and gives a nice texture and feel to the hair while not pulling my longish hair down. It lasts for about or just under a school day. I usually run molding clay throughout my hair but this is a nice alternative that is a lot more user friendly. I found it at TJ Maxx for only $7! (They have a nice hair selection there, FYI.)

The scent is kind of annoying and lingers for awhile, but I don't really care about it as it doesn't bother me that much. The packaging mildly annoys me as well because its rather hard to blast the spray at once, but it might just be because its thick. Also, if you use too much at once it gives you a matted/tangly feeling to the hair.

on 4/28/2014 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is an HG product for me. I have curly hair that I usually blow dry straight-ish and don't finish with a flat iron, so by day 3 it's usually a bit poofy. Rather than putting it up (which isn't flattering for me) I spray this liberally and put it in a braid, then when I get to work I let down the braid and have glossy tamed waves that are obedient. I prefer to use this the day before I wash as it doesn't have the nicest feel to it, but it LOOKS great.

on 2/9/2014 10:59:00 PM

This is a pretty good hairspray, although the name of this product may be deceiving. This holds down my hair without looking super crunchy, which considering how fine my hair is, is a miracle. I am not really a hairspray girl, so I would not repurchase this particular product, but this was nice to sample.

I bought a small sample bottle at Ulta because it was 5 for $10, so I grabbed two root pumps and two spray and play's, then saw this and thought for fun I'd snag it.

Wow - really love it! My hair is super greasy, and usually if I use a clay or wax product, it's wrecked the next day. This one gives me lots of great volume without nasty hair the next day. The smell is kind of different - not bad, but not something I'm crazy about.