Wet 'n' Wild Fergie Take on the Day Mattifying Powder

3.6

Silica, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Ethyl Macadamiate, Glycerin, Polysorbate 80, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Methylisothiazolinone, Xanthan Gum, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I did check off "will buy again," but I've heard Fergie is being dropped but I hope wnw will remake this under their label. It was 1 of the better DS powders (also <3 Rimmel Stay Matte & Physicians Formula for DS), normally I use MAC either Blot Powder or MAC Prep + Prime, I've cut my powder usage down considerably since I learned the trick of only powdering my chin & nose & using a high light powder for under eyes, most of the time I was using too much powder but this used up really fast. Like 2-weeks-fast! Spending $10 on a DS powder a month isn't my thing. I can make a MAC powder last a couple of months & if it's $25 I'm getting better quality for ~similar price. No whitish cast, minimal sparkles I didn't really think was a big deal thou.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I was afraid it would show up white on my NC42 skin but it doesn't. It just removes shine. I checked my makeup 3 hours later and I was getting shiny again and had to put more on. There is no fragrance... and no mirror, either. Not the greatest powder but I'd repurchase it.

Where do I start? I can't tell you how bad this product is. I had this product for 3 days when without any kind of abrupt movement, the powder just crumbled into pieces. I had hardly used it. It has no mirror, making it inconvenient to use. And the small puff that comes with it is simply useless, it doesn't grab the product, doesn't distribute it at all. Overall fail. I do not recommend and will not repurchase. I would rather go for the NYX blotting powder, much better quality overall.

So pleased with this purchase. This is my first-ever setting powder, I have never used one before at all. I knew I wanted a pressed powder version, and I wanted to try an "affordable" brand to make sure I used and liked mattifying powder at all. This is just terrific. I may look for a similar product with cleaner or more high quality ingredients when this runs out, but I really just love that this is pressed, affordable, and easy to find. Works really well too, doesn't leave a white sheen or leave the face cakey at all. Sets concealer and brings down any shine on the face. I definitely use it with my own brush and not the sponge!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

My only complaint about this powder is I wish it had a mirror. There is certainly room for one.

Otherwise, I love this stuff!

Skin: Acne-prone, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I love this product.! it is life. I skin used to be super oily. However since I moved to the drier climates my skin does not get as oily as it used too. Even with that being said by 3 o'clock my skin does get oily in my T zones. This product is great. I take it with me everywhere and when I need a touch up, it is ready and willing to help a sista out!! I love it. I literally see it absorbing my oils. Ever since I started filling in my eyebrows they tend to get a little oily and i use this podwer on my eyeborws as well to mattify them.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I used this primarily as an under eye setting powder, after I had applied concealer. It worked very well for that purpose. I did not usually use it all over the face so I can't really say how well it would mattify and hold up during a day's use. The packaging is just way bulkier than it needs to be. I do like the solid form and I have traveled with it in my makeup case without breakage. I would purchase again only if they stop making the E.L.F. Under Eye Setting Powder. Although it's in loose form and a pain to travel with, I like it better than this. And all for $3.00

A disclaimer: this product is best suited for those with oily to combination/oily skin. The point of the powder is to literally soak up any oil that may show up on your face throughout the day, as well as play the part of a makeup setter so things don't slide around as the day goes on. I have oily skin and this is the only product I've found that keeps me oil-free all day, not even any oiliness in my T-zone! I can run my fingers across my face at 6:00PM after being at work all day and it still feels silky smooth.

If you have dry skin this could most definitely just sit on top of it, giving the "chalky"/"cakey" look some people are talking about. Highly recommended for you oily-skinned chicks out there however.

My only complaint: the lid doesn't flip open all the way so handling is a bit annoying.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Love this powder. I use it to set my under eye concealer. Gives a beautiful soft-focus effect. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat! 👍

Surprisingly I personally like this product. I do use it a little diffrently and not as a setting powder. Once I apply my foundation i apply this with a stiple brush to my T-zone. Then I apply my blush and with this on 1st it goes on so smooth. Another thing I like is that my blush lasts! So I do not use this as a finishing powder so I can't comment on that. What i can say for me is that my t zone doesn't get shiney at all and my makeup lasts longer this way. So if this isn't working for you as a finishing powder try it under foundation works great there for me. Or just over the places you want to add colour like blusher. That way there is no white cast.

For how cheap it is I luv it! It makes my makeup stay on longer and under products it makes them hold up better. I do not get shiney when i use it this way either. I am pale enough to use this as a setting powder, but I am one of the if it isn't broke don't fix it motto. So if you're having a bad time with this try it under your makeup. If you're oily like me it might just work for you! Recommended!

Recommended for Normal Skin