Wet 'n' Wild Fergie Take on the Day Mattifying Powder

3.6

Silica, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Ethyl Macadamiate, Glycerin, Polysorbate 80, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Methylisothiazolinone, Xanthan Gum, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide

on 6/17/2015 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I used this primarily as an under eye setting powder, after I had applied concealer. It worked very well for that purpose. I did not usually use it all over the face so I can't really say how well it would mattify and hold up during a day's use. The packaging is just way bulkier than it needs to be. I do like the solid form and I have traveled with it in my makeup case without breakage. I would purchase again only if they stop making the E.L.F. Under Eye Setting Powder. Although it's in loose form and a pain to travel with, I like it better than this. And all for $3.00

on 5/28/2015 11:16:00 AM

A disclaimer: this product is best suited for those with oily to combination/oily skin. The point of the powder is to literally soak up any oil that may show up on your face throughout the day, as well as play the part of a makeup setter so things don't slide around as the day goes on. I have oily skin and this is the only product I've found that keeps me oil-free all day, not even any oiliness in my T-zone! I can run my fingers across my face at 6:00PM after being at work all day and it still feels silky smooth.

If you have dry skin this could most definitely just sit on top of it, giving the "chalky"/"cakey" look some people are talking about. Highly recommended for you oily-skinned chicks out there however.

My only complaint: the lid doesn't flip open all the way so handling is a bit annoying.

on 11/15/2014 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Love this powder. I use it to set my under eye concealer. Gives a beautiful soft-focus effect. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat! 👍

on 10/25/2014 5:36:00 PM

Surprisingly I personally like this product. I do use it a little diffrently and not as a setting powder. Once I apply my foundation i apply this with a stiple brush to my T-zone. Then I apply my blush and with this on 1st it goes on so smooth. Another thing I like is that my blush lasts! So I do not use this as a finishing powder so I can't comment on that. What i can say for me is that my t zone doesn't get shiney at all and my makeup lasts longer this way. So if this isn't working for you as a finishing powder try it under foundation works great there for me. Or just over the places you want to add colour like blusher. That way there is no white cast.

For how cheap it is I luv it! It makes my makeup stay on longer and under products it makes them hold up better. I do not get shiney when i use it this way either. I am pale enough to use this as a setting powder, but I am one of the if it isn't broke don't fix it motto. So if you're having a bad time with this try it under your makeup. If you're oily like me it might just work for you! Recommended!

on 10/23/2014 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

LOVE THIS!!! I have SUPER oily skin. I don't use this as a pressed powder because it isn't. I wonder about the people rating this saying it's chalky--I top off my foundation with Rimmel stay matte powder and the Fergie mattifier is in my bag for later on in the day. I only have to use it once a day, I use the enclosed puff and pat on my face and I'm shine free for the rest of the day. I picked it up for $4.99 and will definitely be repurchasing!!

on 8/13/2014 9:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this powder because I have combination-to-oily skin, so i do love trying out mattifying powders, because i need all the shine control that I can get especially when its warm/hot out. I do fine the texture of the powder to not be chalky at all, but rather smooth. Also, even though the color of the powder is completely white, it does go on translucent. When it comes to taking a photo with this powder on my face, I have yet to do so. Therefore, I can't speak on whether it provides that dreaded ghost face in pictures or not.

I can say that this is simply an hd powder in pressed form.There are alot of individuals that are familar with hd powders coming in loose powder form and being very messy to use, as the powder just flies all over the place. But, because this piwder is in pressed form, you don't have to worry about the mess, plus you can easy carry it around in your purse with no worries.

Now, it does work at keeping my face shine free for about a good 3-4hours or so, before i do need to do a touch up. I do like this powder and I will surely continue to use all that I bought. When it first launched and I saw it in Walgreens, i went crazy and I bought several of these. I simply couldn't resist.

on 4/13/2014 7:28:00 PM

I've never written a review here but felt like this product has gotten a bad wrap. I was on the fence about buying it a couple of weeks ago but am glad I did. I'm almost 47 and so I'm careful about how products look on me. I'm fair and it doesn't show up white on me. I love the applicator pad that it comes with it feels like velvet and it works very well. I also own the makeup forever white loose powder version and if I'm not careful the makeup forever will show up white on me. I plan to buy this again. It is a little bit pricey for a drugstore item that looks like there may not be a lot of product but since it's new I have no idea how long it will last. I will not hesitate to purchase it again. I have chanel to wet n wild in my collection and I think it's definitely worth trying and is a great alternative to the makeup forever version!

on 4/2/2014 11:34:00 AM

this powder is a bit powdery but its nice i wanted a white powder to replace my virgin from manic panic its a bit pricey so i needed a cheaper alternative its mattifying and it is drying but nothing moisturizer cant fix its a nice powder for cheap

on 3/27/2014 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This powder is okay. It gives me a glow when I apply it on my highlighted areas. But you have to take some kind of make up puff and apply lightly. Very little or you are going to end up Looking dry and ashey and dusty with sparkles. It okay though. I think I got it for 4 dollars.

on 3/7/2014 4:25:00 PM

This is a decent translucent powder for a great price. I have one in my work bag just so I don't have to carry my Prep and Prime Finishing Powder in my makeup bag.
Pros: Inexpensive, lightweight, does a decent job mattifying (although there is a slight shimmer).
Cons: No mirror, shimmery, drying.

This powder isn't the worst, but it does make my face feel a little dry after a long day or if i am a little heavy handed with my brush. Another user described this powder very well-- chalky. I wouldn't repurchase, but it's an okay product to have in my work bag "just in case."