October 30, 2014 | 1661 users online

Pressed Powders - Wet 'n' Wild - Fergie Take on the Day Mattifying Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Surprisingly I personally like this product. I do use it a little diffrently and not as a setting powder. Once I apply my foundation i apply this with a stiple brush to my T-zone. Then I apply my blush and with this on 1st it goes on so smooth. Another thing I like is that my blush lasts! So I do not use this as a finishing powder so I can't comment on that. What i can say for me is that my t zone doesn't get shiney at all and my makeup lasts longer this way. So if this isn't working for you as a finishing powder try it under foundation works great there for me. Or just over the places you want to add colour like blusher. That way there is no white cast.

For how cheap it is I luv it! It makes my makeup stay on longer and under products it makes them hold up better. I do not get shiney when i use it this way either. I am pale enough to use this as a setting powder, but I am one of the if it isn't broke don't fix it motto. So if you're having a bad time with this try it under your makeup. If you're oily like me it might just work for you! Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2014 8:47:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMeggs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE THIS!!! I have SUPER oily skin. I don't use this as a pressed powder because it isn't. I wonder about the people rating this saying it's chalky--I top off my foundation with Rimmel stay matte powder and the Fergie mattifier is in my bag for later on in the day. I only have to use it once a day, I use the enclosed puff and pat on my face and I'm shine free for the rest of the day. I picked it up for $4.99 and will definitely be repurchasing!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2014 9:04:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

I bought this powder because I have combination-to-oily skin, so i do love trying out mattifying powders, because i need all the shine control that I can get especially when its warm/hot out. I do fine the texture of the powder to not be chalky at all, but rather smooth. Also, even though the color of the powder is completely white, it does go on translucent. When it comes to taking a photo with this powder on my face, I have yet to do so. Therefore, I can't speak on whether it provides that dreaded ghost face in pictures or not.

I can say that this is simply an hd powder in pressed form.There are alot of individuals that are familar with hd powders coming in loose powder form and being very messy to use, as the powder just flies all over the place. But, because this piwder is in pressed form, you don't have to worry about the mess, plus you can easy carry it around in your purse with no worries.

Now, it does work at keeping my face shine free for about a good 3-4hours or so, before i do need to do a touch up. I do like this powder and I will surely continue to use all that I bought. When it first launched and I saw it in Walgreens, i went crazy and I bought several of these. I simply couldn't resist.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by Novales1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've never written a review here but felt like this product has gotten a bad wrap. I was on the fence about buying it a couple of weeks ago but am glad I did. I'm almost 47 and so I'm careful about how products look on me. I'm fair and it doesn't show up white on me. I love the applicator pad that it comes with it feels like velvet and it works very well. I also own the makeup forever white loose powder version and if I'm not careful the makeup forever will show up white on me. I plan to buy this again. It is a little bit pricey for a drugstore item that looks like there may not be a lot of product but since it's new I have no idea how long it will last. I will not hesitate to purchase it again. I have chanel to wet n wild in my collection and I think it's definitely worth trying and is a great alternative to the makeup forever version!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 11:34:00 AM More reviews by blackrose007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this powder is a bit powdery but its nice i wanted a white powder to replace my virgin from manic panic its a bit pricey so i needed a cheaper alternative its mattifying and it is drying but nothing moisturizer cant fix its a nice powder for cheap

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by hondurena89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder is okay. It gives me a glow when I apply it on my highlighted areas. But you have to take some kind of make up puff and apply lightly. Very little or you are going to end up Looking dry and ashey and dusty with sparkles. It okay though. I think I got it for 4 dollars.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by babysharks

This is a decent translucent powder for a great price. I have one in my work bag just so I don't have to carry my Prep and Prime Finishing Powder in my makeup bag.
Pros: Inexpensive, lightweight, does a decent job mattifying (although there is a slight shimmer).
Cons: No mirror, shimmery, drying.

This powder isn't the worst, but it does make my face feel a little dry after a long day or if i am a little heavy handed with my brush. Another user described this powder very well-- chalky. I wouldn't repurchase, but it's an okay product to have in my work bag "just in case."

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2014 11:16:00 AM More reviews by GreenFruit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a weird powder. Like someone else said, it can be described as "dry". Not like most powders, it just sits on top of the face. It's hard to describe. Maybe like putting chalk on your face would feel? Also, it has shimmer in it. It's not noticeable on, but why would you put shimmer in something made exclusively to "mattify"?
The packaging is bulky, with a perfect spot for a mirror, but no mirror. Madness.
I still don't feel like it's absolutely awful. I hope they improve it and make it as good as the TOTD primer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2014 11:16:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I didn't like this much. I think it could be use at best for setting under eye concealer as it doesn't get cakey. But it doesn't keep me matte one bit. I feel like with mattifying products I'm getting oilier. Which is hilarious because my skin's usually normal (and sometimes dry). WTF.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2014 12:47:00 AM More reviews by ilovethe80s87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This wasn't the greatest product for me. I was really excited to get it too :( I do like that it's a pressed powder. And it's an OKAY setting powder. But it's just not amazing. I usually don't like any shimmer on my face, but this has a little shimmer and it's actually not bad; I don't hate it, especially over my very matte foundation. It hasn't caused any problems break-out wise. I tried wearing on top of my acne meds with no other stuff on, just to keep the oilys away... Not the best for that. I don't know, this stuff was just average for me. The packaging is bulking, definitely. And the little puff sucks. Silica powders might be great if there weren't other ingredients in there. I'll be trying NYX HD silica powder which is pure silica.