Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

4.6

on 8/3/2015 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS PALETTE. The colors stay on all day and they are so pigmented. The only problem I have with it is that when I sweat, it tends to make my eyes itch. I am not entirely sure why this happens, I guess it is my skin type because my sister used it and went to a concert and did not have a problem with it. But other than that, I have loved it

on 8/3/2015 5:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

We all know this product smells awesome right? you constantly will catch me sniffing it before I actually apply it lol. what I do love about this is that it is very pigmented and has a variety of neutrals. most of the shades don't have shimmer so that's why it can be used very casual. what I don't like is how it doesn't come with a travel size primer like the UD Naked palettes do.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really love this palette. It is something i use on a day-to-day basis however although there are many shadows that are incredible, i feel like the really dark glittery shadows are sooo powdery and crappy and don't really give any colour pay off like in the pan. e.g. the purple i was so excited about and it just let me down. But the matte shadows and the rose gold and gold shimmer shadows are really nice. I don't remember what the shadow is called but the icy white shimmer shadow in the big pan in the bottom right hand corner is gorgeousssss as a highlighter. So its a nice multipurpose palette. Definitely recommend the palette though. Its stunning.

on 8/1/2015 10:42:00 PM

Love this eyeshadow pallete. I always get compliments when I wear them. I have used the little booklet with instructions to put on my eye makeup and it looks great. The shadows smell like chocolate and they are super blendable. The packaging is super cute. I just wish it wasn't so expensive.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Favorite makeup palette I've ever used! I can pretty much only say good things about it.
I'm trying to use more colors because they're all great, but as of now I really only ever use marzipan on my lid, milk chocolate in the crease, and champagne truffle in my inner corner. I try to use others, but I love that combination so much and get so many compliments on it that I can't help it and wear it almost every day! Marzipan alone is possibly my favorite shadow of all time and even if I don't repurchase the palette, I will be on the lookout for a single dupe of this eye shadow. I also love the versatility of champagne truffle. I use it not only in my inner corner but as a cheekbone and nose bridge high light. I recommend this to anyone who loves doing everyday warm toned eye looks!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I definitely didn't expect to love this palette as much as I do. The colors are gorgeous and will look good on a wide variety of skin tones and eye colors. They blend seamlessly and beautifully. If you're a beginner, I highly suggest you buy this palette because it contains all of the colors that you will ever really need. You can recreate countless eye looks with the 16 shades you're given with (including two double-sized highlight shades). This palette retails for $49 which is a great price because you get 16 shadows and two of those are double-sized so 49 divided by 18 then each shadow is for less than $3, what more could you want?I've been reaching for this palette over my Urban Decay Naked palettes. I love the smell of this palette, I honestly just wanna lick it (don't worry, I won't!). I'm taking down two lippies for the packaging, it's very beautiful and thin but I would've appreciated it if they had the names of the colors on it instead of on a separate clear plastic-y thing and the magnetic closure isn't as strong as I would like it to be. Overall, it's a fantastic palette, run out and buy it right now because you will not regret it!

Oh My Gosh !!!! im in love with palette. I swear to you the shades are amazing they are so creamy smooth glide on nicely they are highly pigmented blend together great. plus it smells like chocolate trust me you will not regrate buying it.

on 7/10/2015 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product really lives up to its name! It smells so delicious!!!!! The shadows are so pigmented but so easy the shift around when blending. The chocolatey smell doesn't fade because even hours later my boyfriend would as me "Why do you smell like chocolate?" Love! Love! Love!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I love this palette. The shadows are rich, creamy and super blendable! This palette is very versatile and can be used for subtle day looks and can as well create dramatic night looks. Another bonus is that this palette smells like you opened up cocoa powder (considering that is one of the ingredients!) This palette has such cute names (cherry cordial, salted caramel, milk chocolate) and the packaging is very clever as well. The metal casing feels like it would be very protective but the only thing I wish it had is a stronger magnetic closure.

on 7/7/2015 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I own far too many neutral palettes, but would be happy just using this and the Lorac Pro 1. The quality of the shadows are very pleasing but in my mind fall very slightly short of Lorac in terms of pigment. Still miles ahead of the UD Nakeds though. Even though they are harder pressed than the Lorac Pros, they still blend super easily. Beware over-blending lest they become muddy.

An excellent variety of neutral shades in a few more shimmers (10) than mattes (6): creams, a range of browns, taupe, rose gold, bronze, gold, pink, wine and even a violet. Caters a bit more to warm undertones, with a few choice shades for cool, but if you're neutral like me then you'll love the diversity. This makes for a huge variety of looks you can create with just one palette. Cleverly the highlight shades are the two biggest pans, but even the regular size are generous. There is not one shade in the palette that I don't use at least occasionally, which speaks volumes of its versatility.

Alone these shadows last at least 6 hours on my non-oily lids, but both pigment and longevity will improve with the use of a primer and/or colour base. I tend to favour Too Faced shadow insurance and Mac painterly when paired with these shadows. The base doesn't need to be tacky for them to stick though, so you could use whatever you've got on hand. I've experienced zero fallout during patting and blending application techniques.

Most colours are true to pan opacity. Showing up a little sheerer than expected are: strawberry bonbon (matte pink), candied violet (shimmery violet) and champagne truffle (shimmery highlight shade that leans more silver than champagne on me, although I'm glad this is sheer as it can be used on my cheekbones too). That's a pretty good hit rate and the sheerer colours are still highly usable and better than many other brands. Speaking of, these shadows are of a much higher quality all round than other Too Faced palettes I've tried, including Everything Nice and the original Neutral Eyes.

The packaging speaks for itself and I like the cute chocolate bar design which is sturdy and easy to open, although I wrap an elastic on it for extra security when I travel. There is a small mirror but no brush, but no big deal. I also love that whiff of cocoa and it does make me want to use it more. Beware if perfumes irritate you. My eyes do get sensitive with some fragrance but no problems with this, in fact, it just makes me happy when I smell it. The smell dissipates by the time it's blended onto lids though so you won't smell like a muffin walking about.

I've had the palette for 8 months and use it a few times a week at least. The only shades showing signs of use so far are salted caramel, which is the perfect transition shade, and marzipan which a particularly soft and buttery rose gold. So they're holding up well with a decent amount of use and I estimate it will take another year at least to hit pan on anything. The one criticism I have is the shade names are on an annoying plastic insert which I've since lost, but the newer palettes have them on the tin so that's a good way to tell how new the palette is. So that leaves me with a lot of love and no complaints. If I ever manage to get through it, I'll definitely repurchase.

Popular Palettes