December 21, 2014 | 926 users online

Lip Gloss - Wet 'n' Wild - Megaslicks Balm Stain (all colors)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by kayben

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been around the makeup block quite a few times, yet still make some of the same mistakes over and over. I saw Red-dy or Not balm stain and thought it looked like a sure-fire neutral red. The experienced voice in my mind cried, "No, it will turn fuchsia on you."

The voice of experience was correct. On my yellow-toned and aging skin, this color looked garish and wholly unflattering. As far as packaging, the cap easily slipped off. But it didn't matter. All it meant was that the top hit the trash a second sooner than the rest of the product.

Learn from my mistakes, fellow MUAers. If a red looks neutral, it's probably cool. Pass on it unless that's what you want.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2014 9:43:00 AM More reviews by x3Killjoy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just bought two of these in Pinky Promise (128) and Red-dy or Not (125).

I got them at CVS, BOGO free at $3.19. So a little over $1.50 a piece? I think that's a great value! (And I'm too cheap to spend 8 bucks on lipstick).

Pinky promise is a nice natural pink, it is a little pinker than my natural lips and the colour doesn't look like I have lipstick on, which I like.

Red--dy or Not is a nice medium matte red, and I really like this one because it's not too... Red. It's more "vintage glam" than "look at my lips they're fire engine RED!"

They go on nice and smooth but they take a little time to dry, and are prone to smudging when it's still wet.

I like the look of the packaging, but I wouldn't put these in your purse or somewhere they would get jostled around because the caps come off easily and they twist easily so you might end up with it squished all over the inside of the cap.

The colour does fade, but it was still going pretty strong after eating, drinking, and sleeping (aka smooshing my face into the pillow).

The red does fade more into a dark pink, but I still like it. It would be good for something where you want to have a big entrance and then become more demure I guess.

I also like that it's a balm and a stain, it wasn't drying, and my lips are really soft after using.

So I would give it 4.5 stars, but that's not possible. These are definitely on my favourites list!

*edit*
I also bought the nude shade and Rico Mauve. I also really like these colours! The nude isn't too "nude" and the rico mauve is a really nice red-pink colour. I've read other reviews about Rico Mauve leaving the dreaded "ring" but I had not experienced that problem. I put on Rico Mauve and dabbed Pinky Promise on top of it resulting in a very nice raspberry-esque colour.

This is my favourite lip stain! Will definitely buy many more times!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by erinisnice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just bought this from the 2014 Halloween display in the color 2AM Call Time. It is a beautiful purple that does not turn hot pink over time. It was not drying, and it went on very smoothly.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Meyersmedley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think I'm going to go ahead and jump off the balm stain bandwagon. This, like all the others I've tried wears horribly. I end up with what looks to be lip liner and then it disappears from my lips and then reappears on the inner rim of my mouth. Not a good look. I would rather reapply my lipstick/gloss every 20 mins if I had to. Also, like the others... it goes on looking beautifully and matching the color in the tube and then wears off to a horrendous hot pink. I'm speaking specifically of the color I believe called Rico Mauve. Would not repurchase anymore of these stains.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

I LOVE these!! I seem to be on a roll w/ lip products recently. :)

If you have read any of my other reviews, you may be aware I only wear items that are long lasting and/or waterproof. I have no interest in primping (or worrying about primping) throughout the day - I want what I put on my face at 6:00 am to be there when I come home at night (6:00 pm). Also, I tend to stay away from HE items, preferring to find ds dupes or similar, being kinder to my pocketbook.

I was intrigued w/ this concept of balm stains, so have now purchased Revlon ColorBurst Balm Stain (the moisture one not the matte one) and the Jordana version. I love the feel upon application (smooth, moisturizing and w/ a staining color).

I came across the WnW version so thought "why not?" I purchased a few different colors, swatched them all and have now put 2 up for swap as I wasn't thrilled w/ the color.

However, the ones I kept - they perform as well as the more expensive Revlon! The stain lasts on me from after breakfast to lunch, so I only have to re-apply after lunch and after dinner if going out. Love the moisturizing it does for my lips and the fact its crayon style and so easy to apply, no mirror needed = great for on the go.

These are a staple in my MU routine and I anticipate they will continue to be :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by nova

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I have the shades Red Dy or Not and Rico Mauve and chose these to be used as a stain/base, under my lipsticks. It makes a great lip stain, as well as lipsticks, on its own. I love to use the Red Dy or Not as a stain, for darker,redder lip colors and Rico Mauve, as a stain/base for neutral, YLBB shades. I always apply any lippie, including these balm stains, over blotted conditioned lips to offset any drynesss .. So, I can't speak of any dryness issue for this product. I found it comfortable to wear, easy to apply, smooth, and has staining power. Its very cheap, and doesn't apply patchy. So anyone looking for a lipstain/lip base or something that will give you some color when your lipsticks wears off, try this. Of course, you can always wear these on its own too : ) For what I use these for, it's one of the best cheap balm stains out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 11:28:00 AM More reviews by tigger2512

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a GREAT product!!! Also i love the price.
I have bought the more expensive Revlon balm stains and honestly they are 3 or more times the price and i can't really tell a difference.
The staying power is fantastic..i can eat .,,drink even swim with this color on and it really does "stain" the lips.
My favorite part of these stains are the consistency of the prodcuct..it's not dry or thick and it's also not sticky wet or tacky like a gloss would be..i hate that as i have long hair and i don't want my hair "stuck" on my lips.
Over all this is one of the best products at the most reasonable price.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2014 12:12:00 AM More reviews by DisNicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Got this in red, and just....nah. It doesn't feel like a balm, it's just as thick and tacky as a lipstick. I guess it's okay if you just put a tiny thin layer on one of your lips and rub it in really well, and then it's good for a subtle red, but then it's like...what's the point?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2014 8:26:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

These are the best balm stains that I have ever tried. They are scentless, they come in an array of very wearable colors. Of course with any lip product, any time you eat something, some of the color will come off your lips. But, i don't find that to be a major problems with these balm stains at all. And, i definitely will continue to buy more of them.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by xDevochkax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

There's really not too much I can fault about these balm stains. I think these are definitely WAY better than Jordana's (which almost completely faded on me within an hour or two; even the darker shades), and are pretty much on par with Revlon's.

As most have already mentioned, they do shift from the original color after a couple of hours but I don't mind that because it's just something different that other balm stains don't do. I have 4 out of the 6 (Rico Mauve, A Stiff Pink, Red-dy or Not, & Lady and the Vamp) and I personally like how all of them look both initially and after the color brightens on my lips.

I knocked off a star simply because I hate the clear plastic cap. None of mine have the issue some people experience of it not snapping into place, but just like the Neutrogena Moisture Sticks and Clinique's mini sized Chubby Sticks, I think the cap looks tacky.