February 28, 2015 | 1280 users online

Lip Gloss - Wet 'n' Wild - Megaslicks Balm Stain (all colors)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2015 11:16:00 PM More reviews by AnnayB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Bought this is Lady & The Vamp. The color is beautiful and rich. It lasts after drying. It doesn't dry out lips. Will be buying more colors!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2015 9:56:00 PM More reviews by missmadisonave

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

okay, these are kind of amazing! i have a pinkish-red one, not sure of the color, but holy wow, this stuff STAYS ON. i wore it on a date last night and this morning my lips were still kind of pink! gorgeous color, you can sort of pat it in so it looks more natural, and it doesn't dry your lips out or anything. the only negative is the cap of mine comes off very easily, but for the price, who cares. my favorite lip product in months, and so cheap!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2015 8:18:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Okay, I love these! I have Pinky Promise, Rico Mauvey, Red-dy or Not and Lady and the Vamp. I bought back ups of the first two, I love them so much. Pinky promise is just the ideal golden pink, very natural with shimmer. Rico Mauvey starts out MLBB, but sometimes looks frighteningly fuchsia within a few hours. I love the vintage rust red of Red-dy or Not, and wish it stayed that color. You will end up with a bright deep pink ring after a bit. Lady and the Vamp looks super dark, but it's a nice berry shade, kind of like my Stila Convertible Colorin Peony. That one stays pretty true. You can't beat the price and I like the feel, being much lighter than lipsticks.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2015 11:37:00 PM More reviews by karliemoore17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a really hig fan on these. I have lady and the vamp (a purple color) and made you pink. I love lip crayons because they are so much easier to apply. These go on so smooth and creamy, and leave my lips feeling moisturized and hydrated. These really impressed me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2015 9:40:00 PM More reviews by husserl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I picked this up today because I was looking for something easy to apply on the go but long-wearing enough that I could forget about it for a little while. I found that this had about 2 or 3 hours wear-time before it started fading and looking patchy. That's not bad, but I really didn't expect this to leave my lips so dry feeling at the end of that time. It went on moist and felt like a balm, but at the end of 3 hours, my lips were peeling and they felt SO dry. I'd normally give a lip product like this 3/5 but because the packaging claims that it's moisturizing and it is actually drying, I'm going to give it a 2/5.

On top of that, I didn't pick a great color. I got Pinky Promise which looked like it had a bit more peach to it than it did. On me, it just was too frosty.

All in all, I'm having a hard time with any kind of product that claims to be balm-like -- they usually turn out to be drying on me in the end. So, I don't think I'll be repurchasing. Too bad because it was an awesome value. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2015 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Lullipy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually like the wear of the product. It's comfortable and it really feels like a lip balm. I dunno if it's just the color I have (128 Pinky Promise) but it's not too pigmented. I wouldn't have minded, but coupled with it's frosted finish, it looks kinda bare. I'm an NC30 so maybe it's my complexion, or the fact that my lips are naturally mauve, but it doesn't show up as well as I expected. Nevertheless, it's a good product if you find a good color for you!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by kayben

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been around the makeup block quite a few times, yet still make some of the same mistakes over and over. I saw Red-dy or Not balm stain and thought it looked like a sure-fire neutral red. The experienced voice in my mind cried, "No, it will turn fuchsia on you."

The voice of experience was correct. On my yellow-toned and aging skin, this color looked garish and wholly unflattering. As far as packaging, the cap easily slipped off. But it didn't matter. All it meant was that the top hit the trash a second sooner than the rest of the product.

Learn from my mistakes, fellow MUAers. If a red looks neutral, it's probably cool. Pass on it unless that's what you want.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2014 9:43:00 AM More reviews by x3Killjoy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just bought two of these in Pinky Promise (128) and Red-dy or Not (125).

I got them at CVS, BOGO free at $3.19. So a little over $1.50 a piece? I think that's a great value! (And I'm too cheap to spend 8 bucks on lipstick).

Pinky promise is a nice natural pink, it is a little pinker than my natural lips and the colour doesn't look like I have lipstick on, which I like.

Red--dy or Not is a nice medium matte red, and I really like this one because it's not too... Red. It's more "vintage glam" than "look at my lips they're fire engine RED!"

They go on nice and smooth but they take a little time to dry, and are prone to smudging when it's still wet.

I like the look of the packaging, but I wouldn't put these in your purse or somewhere they would get jostled around because the caps come off easily and they twist easily so you might end up with it squished all over the inside of the cap.

The colour does fade, but it was still going pretty strong after eating, drinking, and sleeping (aka smooshing my face into the pillow).

The red does fade more into a dark pink, but I still like it. It would be good for something where you want to have a big entrance and then become more demure I guess.

I also like that it's a balm and a stain, it wasn't drying, and my lips are really soft after using.

So I would give it 4.5 stars, but that's not possible. These are definitely on my favourites list!

*edit*
I also bought the nude shade and Rico Mauve. I also really like these colours! The nude isn't too "nude" and the rico mauve is a really nice red-pink colour. I've read other reviews about Rico Mauve leaving the dreaded "ring" but I had not experienced that problem. I put on Rico Mauve and dabbed Pinky Promise on top of it resulting in a very nice raspberry-esque colour.

This is my favourite lip stain! Will definitely buy many more times!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by erinisnice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just bought this from the 2014 Halloween display in the color 2AM Call Time. It is a beautiful purple that does not turn hot pink over time. It was not drying, and it went on very smoothly.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Meyersmedley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think I'm going to go ahead and jump off the balm stain bandwagon. This, like all the others I've tried wears horribly. I end up with what looks to be lip liner and then it disappears from my lips and then reappears on the inner rim of my mouth. Not a good look. I would rather reapply my lipstick/gloss every 20 mins if I had to. Also, like the others... it goes on looking beautifully and matching the color in the tube and then wears off to a horrendous hot pink. I'm speaking specifically of the color I believe called Rico Mauve. Would not repurchase anymore of these stains.