Wet 'n' Wild Megaslicks Balm Stain (all colors)

3.6

Tridecyl Trimellitate; Hydrogenated Polyisobutene; Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate; Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2; Ozokerite; Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride; Diisostearyl Malate; Microcrystalline Wax/Cire microcristalline; Polyethylene; Beeswax/Cire d'abeille; Mineral Oil/Huile minérale; Phenoxyethanol; Menthol; Sorbic Acid; Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate; Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Oil; Tocopherol; Iron Oxides/CI 77491; CI 77499; Red 21/CI 45380; Red 28 Lake/CI 45410; Titanium Dioxide

I am a big fan of Wet n Wild products so I just had to buy this. I love the way it moisturizes my lips while giving them long lasting color. I got it in the shade "Made You Pink" which is an OK color on me but I can always just try a different color. Overall a great product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

It's not the best balm stain but it's great for the purchase price. It's quite annoying that it fades to fuschia after a few hours, but a quick touch up fixes it, though I suppose that defeats the purpose of a stain in the first place... anyway, I mostly use this when I'm only out for a few hours, so it's great as a grab and go colour. There are better products out on the market but for the price, it's worth it.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

The stain on these lasts a long time but the colors I got are really harsh with my skintone. I tried out two: Coral Of The Story (more bright pink than coral) and Red-dy Or Not (red that turns pink after some wear) . I was hoping i could toss these in my bag and swipe them on like other tinted balms but they are too thick, opaque and intensely pigmented for that. So I either apply with a brush very lightly (sometimes mixing the two) then follow up with clear lip balm, or put on a super thick coat, wait a bit, then wipe off most of it, followed by lip balm.

So, these are way too high maintenance for me but at least the stain looks even and is not patchy (see: Benetint).

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

LOVE this product. I need long wearing makeup as I just don't have time to keep touching up all day. I normally do not use products like this and only wear a long lasting lipstick.
This was not sticky or tacky and applied nicely. It stayed on about 5 hours for me while I sipped on coffee all morning. A quick touch up at lunch time and I was good to go at work the rest of the day. I did not notice too much of a smell.
To the reviewer who said since it was made in China "who knows what poisonous stuff" is in it? China has way more regulations than the U.S far as cosmetics (The U.S basically has none.....) so I would not be worried about that.
This stuff works beautifully. And for the price you can try out a few shades without wasting a ton of money.
Great product, awesome price!

I had been looking at these for awhile and wondered if it was something that was either low or high maintenance. It's middle ground for me because even with the stain, I still like to see the product on my lips so I will touch up ever so often but not terribly often as say a lipstick.

I had a nice surprise in absolutely loving the cap. It CLICKS on. (Not like other crayon style products that fall off and let the product paint the inside of your bag.

I picked up Made You Pink mostly because it reminded me of the little octopus in Finding Nemo. (sometimes I buy for the names) Awesomely, it turned out the be a great color for me as well so I didn't feel silly for buying an under $3 product for a name.

It does have a balm feel on the lips which I love although it looks like a gloss on me which I don't like the way glosses feel. So A+ on that. No smell or taste that I can detect which is another plus for me.

Although I will repurchase this and do like it, the "tingle" is some sort of menthol or mint additive that does make my lips chap and peel with the first application. IF I remember to exfoliate my lips though I don't seem to have the problem.

I've been feeling like I want more long lasting, lower maintenance lip colors lately. High maintenance lipsticks that smudge and bleed and need reapplication just isn't appealing to me anymore. I'm trying to find things that look nice, for longer, not terribly drying, and not expensive. These were BOGO half off at CVS, so about $4.50 for two is a total steal.

I picked this up in the colors Red-ioactive and Lady and the Vamp. I tried the Red-ioactive today, and the color is not what I thought it was going to be. I was hoping for a cute, retro cherry red like it appeared in the tube, but instead I got strawberry hot pink on my yellow toned skin. Not what I expected, but I do like the color anyway.

It applied super smooth and glossy (instead of hard and waxy like the ELF jumbo balms) and I was surprised at the amount of pigment. It definitely is not sheer! It's very creamy. It has no scent or taste, but has a nice tingly feeling similar to how Burt's Bees tingles.

After the sheen wore off, I was left with a nice hot pink stain on my lips that seemed darker than when I first applied. It's been several hours and the stain is still very strong, wow. Looks like I've been drinking strawberry koolaid all day. I've eaten and drank out of a water bottle, been applying a little clear lip balm on top as the day goes on, and the stain is still going strong.

I haven't tried Lady and the Vamp yet, if I remember I will try to update about it. But overall I'm impressed with these Balm Stains even though the color wasn't quite what I expected. I like the strong pigmentation without the fuss.
I'm eyeballing a few other colors for next time.

EDIT: I tried Lady and the Vamp and I like it even more than Red-ioactive. It's a gorgeous blackberry wine kind of color that can be layered for desired intensity - sheer berry or dark vampy wine. It's gorgeous! These are a game changer for me, I love them. One application stains my lips almost all day and through meals too. A little lip balm throughout the day maintains moisture.

I bought Rico Mauve. I applied at home and LOVED the color. About an hour later I went to the mall, took a quick look in the rearview before getting out of the car, saw that my lips were shocking hot pink fuschia. Threw in in my lipstick box & haven't touched it since. Glad it wasn't terribly expensive. Wouldn't buy again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

so in an effort to find either a powder or cream blush or stain that didn't look like i had been playing in my moms makeup or that didn't itch or break me out and was having no luck i had one of these in my make up tray and thought wth and u know what it is awesome so far! been almost a week no zits feels very light easy to apply long lasting as it has a stain quality to it...TRY IT AS A BLUSH! my favorite as a natural look is caffeine fix and for more color rico mauve and lady and the vamp just a small swipe blend powder over and apply highlighter and really pretty and long lasting! applies smooth not like that josie maran coconut water crap blush which costs 10 times as much!

USD $2.99 at local Walgreen's. After spending ~$50 USD on Sisley's version (phyto lip twist) of the fat crayon, I was shocked to see similar version for, literally, a fraction of the price at the local drugstore. I'm sure the ingredients for Sisley and the drugstore verions are vastly different, but overall, the quality and color do not significantly differ. In fact, the clean packaging of the wet 'n' wild version is vastly preferable to the gaudy zebra pattern of the Sisley fat pencil. Staying power is great - I put it on this morning and the color has faded only a little through 3 cups of coffee, breakfast bar, and grilled chicken/salad lunch. I note that when I first put it on after purchase, my lips were dry and the product settled into the cracks. I buffed my lips and now don't see any settling. Oh - when you put the cap back on, press down firmly until it clicks into place so that it doesn't come off. I failed to do that, and the cap fell off inside my makeup bag, creating a huge mess (thank goodness it's a free one that I can throw away).

I purchased #158A (See If I Carrot - a bright coral orange), #129 (Nudist Colony - perfect nude color), #159A (Coral Of The Story - not really a coral but a fuschia pink), and #160A (Red-Ioactive - a bluish, berry red). My favorite is the #158A, as I like orange for summer. On my C2/NC20 pale Asian skin, the orange was a tad bright so I blotted and it was fine. Same issue for others - the pigments are not subtle so it has to be "adjusted." Overall, really pleased with cheap drugstore find that really works like its more expensive counterparts.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Coral of the story was a hot pink on me not coral at all. And it settled into fine lines like a beast. I gave this away to a young family member. Transferred as well but I felt it was more long lasting than ELF/comparable priced products.

Recommended for Medium Skin