August 31, 2014 | 1470 users online

Lip Gloss - Wet 'n' Wild - Megaslicks Balm Stain (all colors)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by nova

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the shade Red Dy or Not and chose this to be used as a stain, under my lipsticks. It makes a great lip stain. I always apply any lip makeup, including this balm stain, over blotted conditioned lips to offset any drynesss that most lip color give me. So, I can't speak of any dryness issue for this product. I found it comfortable to wear, easy to use this, has staining power, cheap, and doesn't apply patchy. So anyone looking for a lipstain or something that will give you some color when your lipsticks wears off, try this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 11:28:00 AM More reviews by tigger2512

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a GREAT product!!! Also i love the price.
I have bought the more expensive Revlon balm stains and honestly they are 3 or more times the price and i can't really tell a difference.
The staying power is fantastic..i can eat .,,drink even swim with this color on and it really does "stain" the lips.
My favorite part of these stains are the consistency of the prodcuct..it's not dry or thick and it's also not sticky wet or tacky like a gloss would be..i hate that as i have long hair and i don't want my hair "stuck" on my lips.
Over all this is one of the best products at the most reasonable price.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2014 12:12:00 AM More reviews by DisNicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Got this in red, and just....nah. It doesn't feel like a balm, it's just as thick and tacky as a lipstick. I guess it's okay if you just put a tiny thin layer on one of your lips and rub it in really well, and then it's good for a subtle red, but then it's like...what's the point?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2014 8:26:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

These are the best balm stains that I have ever tried. They are scentless, they come in an array of very wearable colors. Of course with any lip product, any time you eat something, some of the color will come off your lips. But, i don't find that to be a major problems with these balm stains at all. And, i definitely will continue to buy more of them.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by xDevochkax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

There's really not too much I can fault about these balm stains. I think these are definitely WAY better than Jordana's (which almost completely faded on me within an hour or two; even the darker shades), and are pretty much on par with Revlon's.

As most have already mentioned, they do shift from the original color after a couple of hours but I don't mind that because it's just something different that other balm stains don't do. I have 4 out of the 6 (Rico Mauve, A Stiff Pink, Red-dy or Not, & Lady and the Vamp) and I personally like how all of them look both initially and after the color brightens on my lips.

I knocked off a star simply because I hate the clear plastic cap. None of mine have the issue some people experience of it not snapping into place, but just like the Neutrogena Moisture Sticks and Clinique's mini sized Chubby Sticks, I think the cap looks tacky.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2014 7:59:00 AM More reviews by pigletyyz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I needed something to keep in my desk at work that would be easy to use and not break the bank and this fit the bill perfectly. I got the shade Rico Mauve and I am really pleased. It goes on smooth with a "better than my lips" color and fades down to a nice pinky shade that works with my fair skin tone. I do not get the minty tingle nor does it dry my lips out which is fine on both accounts. The packaging is good with a cap that stays put and a nice twist up feature.

Overall, for the price, which is less than $3, it is well worth the purchase and I might just have to explore more shades. Wet n Wild never disappoints!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2014 10:58:00 PM More reviews by marimist

I finally decided to give balm stains a try after eyeing all the new ones that various brands are coming up with, and the WnW brand is pretty low risk for me, given the price.

Shade I got is Rico Mauve, which seemed to be a pretty popular shade. The color is beautiful, and one that I can use everyday. As it seems for most people, it is "my lips, but better." It starts out a neutral brownish-pink, slightly pinker than what it looks like on the tube, but then surprisingly changes to a brighter, watermelon-esque shade. For me, it still looks natural with some "oomph" (I have light-medium skin, with a slight yellow undertone).

The texture is definitely not as glossy/slimy as a lip gloss, and feels just like a chapstick (maybe slightly more moisturizing). The lasting power isn't much to speak of though, as it wore off after about 1-2 hours. I did also experience that minty tingle upon application, but it somehow smells cinnamony to me (...). Overall, I'm glad I tried it--$2 well spent!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Snuggles555

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this in # 129 - Nudist Colony. Lovely peachy-beige. Very moisturizing & feels great on. But not very staining. The only thing it left after it wore off was a ring of glitter around my mouth. I will not repurchase this shade but may try others.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2014 8:26:00 PM More reviews by pageturner2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this in Rico Mauve. If the color had stayed the same, I would give it a higher rating but mine turned brighter and a bit more apricot looking, not the pinkier shade as others had noted. I had never tried a lip balm/stain before so I cannot compare it to any other brand. I found this to be very moisturizing but I just don't love the color I get a minute after applying it. I can almost see the color change as it happens. It almost reminds me of those mood lipsticks that were popular in the 70's.

The packaging is great though. I feel the cap isn't going to slide or pop off unless someone actually pulls it off. I would feel comfortable having this knock around in the bottom of my purse and not worry about accidents.

I am a bit curious to see if I can kiss my boyfriend with this on and see what color it changes to on his lips if any of the color transfers to him.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2014 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Inuki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Purchased this in a Stiff Pink. The initial color is a highly pigmented hot pink, but fades to a brighter colored stain that leans towards magenta. A word of warning, the stain is VERY hard to remove, even with makeup remover or an oil cleanser.

Texture wise the formula applies smoothly and feels pretty comfortable on the lips initially. Can be drying as the day goes on though so have some lip balm or gloss handy to touch up!

Packaging-wise..... AWFUL! As other reviewers noted, the cap comes off very easily. Not travel friendly.