August 1, 2014 | 1710 users online

Lip Gloss - Wet 'n' Wild - Megaslicks Balm Stain (all colors)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Snuggles555

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this in # 129 - Nudist Colony. Lovely peachy-beige. Very moisturizing & feels great on. But not very staining. The only thing it left after it wore off was a ring of glitter around my mouth. I will not repurchase this shade but may try others.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2014 8:26:00 PM More reviews by pageturner2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this in Rico Mauve. If the color had stayed the same, I would give it a higher rating but mine turned brighter and a bit more apricot looking, not the pinkier shade as others had noted. I had never tried a lip balm/stain before so I cannot compare it to any other brand. I found this to be very moisturizing but I just don't love the color I get a minute after applying it. I can almost see the color change as it happens. It almost reminds me of those mood lipsticks that were popular in the 70's.

The packaging is great though. I feel the cap isn't going to slide or pop off unless someone actually pulls it off. I would feel comfortable having this knock around in the bottom of my purse and not worry about accidents.

I am a bit curious to see if I can kiss my boyfriend with this on and see what color it changes to on his lips if any of the color transfers to him.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2014 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Inuki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Purchased this in a Stiff Pink. The initial color is a highly pigmented hot pink, but fades to a brighter colored stain that leans towards magenta. A word of warning, the stain is VERY hard to remove, even with makeup remover or an oil cleanser.

Texture wise the formula applies smoothly and feels pretty comfortable on the lips initially. Can be drying as the day goes on though so have some lip balm or gloss handy to touch up!

Packaging-wise..... AWFUL! As other reviewers noted, the cap comes off very easily. Not travel friendly.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by GreenFruit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

What in the what. I can't even understand this. It's a really mushy lipstick formed into a pencil. when you try to put it on, it's just clumps of mushy lipstick. Why does this exist.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 3:23:00 AM More reviews by DEbeachgirl74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got all of mine on sale at Walgreens and w a $1 off coupon making them $2 or less each. I have 5 of the colors; Pinky Promise, Nudist Colony, Rico Mauve, A Stiff Pink, and Red-dy or Not. :) My favorites so far are Nudist Colony and Rico Mauve. The perfect nude for my fair skin and the mauve is just darker then my natural lip color. I haven't had the problem w the color changing. Pinky Promise is a nice frosty pink that looks great w natural makeup. I've only worn A Stiff Pink once so far. It's a bright candy pink. As others have noted Red-dy or Not bleeds a little if you apply more then a light layer. This is really unfortunate since I have an extremely hard time finding red that doesn't look garish on my fair skin. The last time I wore it I blotted it and it didn't run at all. It makes a cherry popsicle stain. The formula is smooth. I don't think it's moisturizing but it didn't dry my lips. I didn't notice the mint tingle like others have said. I like the packaging. The lid snaps on tight and is nice seeing the actual product through the clear lid.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by kelley808

I am in love with these! After purchasing two of them at Target, I found four more colors at Walgreens. The staying power of these are incredible and the colors are so versatile that you can use them for a variety of looks. I only wish that there were more colors to choose from, since most of the colors available are very similar. Other than that, I have no complaints!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 11:21:00 AM More reviews by woodenshoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I am surprised that this product didn't get better reviews because I absolutely love it !

The color pay off is great, much better than those disappointing Maybelline Baby Lips balms. The staying power is good enough as far as I'm concerned and I am also satisfied with the moisturizing properties allthough they are not as moisturizing as for instance the Vaseline lip balm ofcourse.

These balms stains are good value for money since they are really affordable when you are on a budget. I have loads of lipsticks, lipglosses, lipstains and balms that are more expensive but that doesn't take away the fact that this is all I am using at the moment.

The only con I can think of is the limited color range is but that is about it. Since the cosmetic industry has the annoying habit of discontinuing products that loads of people love I sincerey hope that this product will stay on the market for a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2014 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Sunegulf

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

These work well on my skin. Moisturizing with a hint of color if lightly applied. Fades rather quickly on me but I expect that in a light lip balm.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2014 10:26:00 AM More reviews by EHY

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought these in Rico Mauve and Reddy or Not.
Rico Mauve goes on as a your lips only better look, but as others have noted it fades to a very fuscia/bright pink. The upside is that it deposits long lasting color, but the downside is that the color rico mauve fades to is not flattering unless you have a cooler complexion that can pull off intense cool pinks-mine can't
I also bought Reddy or not. This one also had pros and cons.
Pro-when I put on a light coat, it lasts a long time and is a wearable color that works for very fair skin. It can easily be appied more heavily for an intense red so its versatile. It does tend to dry out a bit but works well when topped with burts bee lip shimmer in cherry.
Con-it dries out my lips somewhat. This seems to be an issue with any long wearing color.
When I put on a thicker coat, it tends to feather outside my lip line and give me that smeared lipstick crazy lady look.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2014 6:13:00 PM More reviews by jeane519

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this in Lady and Vamp, initially the color was good, but then morphed into an ugly pink shade. The Tarte equivalents of these products do the same, as does the NYC version. There must some ingredient that does not agree with my chemistry. Passed all on to a co-worker who loves bright pinks.