Rimmel Moisture Renew - Back to Fuchsia

on 1/9/2015 1:00:00 AM

I bought this for the color mainly, I`ve never really been a fan of Rimmel lipsticks, but this fuchsia seemed to complement my skin tone really well. I don`t find it moisturizing at all, it definitely needs a layer of something on top to keep my lips moist, but the color looks amazing. I can layer it up from just a hint of fuchsia to high maintenance vampy lady. The fragrance isn`t much to brag about, but it`s not so insufferable either. I am still searching for other fuchsia lipsticks to experiment with, but so far this one is the best I could find for my complexion. It lasts okay, but definitely needs to be reapplied as the day wears on. I carry a lip brush because it`s the only way I feel confident to use it. If anyone has found a good lip pencil to go with this, please let me know.

on 11/18/2014 9:52:00 AM

What I love is the color of this lipstick and that's about it. The scent is revolting to me. Faint fake rose scent. The formula is very slippery and not moisturizing. There is a difference. It's hard to wear it without a mirror and a lipbrush. It slides outside your lips easily and all over your teeth sometimes.

on 8/24/2014 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I recently rediscovered Rimmel lipsticks. This Moisture Renew is really good quality. It goes on so smooth, creamy, and even. I love how moist my lips feel wearing it. Rimmel has improved not just the formula of the lipstick but also the light fragrance. I always love lipsticks that smell pretty and this one does. It has a bit of a flowery aroma that is delightful and adds more class to their product. The Back To Fuchsia color is a brighter pink with hints of blue. It is not a in your face bright though and I do like that. I also love that it leaves a tint on my lips long after the lipstick has worn off. It has a lasting quality to it and that is always a plus. The case is a hard plastic, in deep purple color with a good closure. I will be adding more Rimmel shades to my collection as I find ones that work for my skin tone.

on 12/31/2013 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

With the new year literally a few hours away, I wanted to add a bit of variety to my lipstick stash... which mainly is composed of all nudes. I have been obsessed with finding a fuchsia that would work for me. I have had luck with Rimmel (Crush, Nude Delight, Dreamy), that I couldn't wait to add this color to my Rimmel collection. It looks pretty bright in the tube, but I took my chances since it was BOGO at Walgreens and I had an additional $1 savings so each tube came out to around five bucks and some change.

I'm super happy I took the plunge! I love the formula of the Moisture Renew so it was just about getting the right fuchsia. I definitely stain my lips with this (I don't apply it directly from the tube like my nude shades because I'm still not use to brights!) and it looks so nice! Not too purplish not too red... just very wearable. To keep it even more sheered out, I added a layer of Vaseline underneath. I'm really happy I have a bright in my collection! I had tried the Milani in Rose Hip which is a super bright pink fuchsia type color and I got scared. It looked all Nikki Minaj wrong on me! It had great reviews on MUA, but it was too bright for someone who is bright shy!

With Nude Delight and now Back to the Fuchsia, I think I'm covered! Rimmel makes the best drugstore lipsticks in my book.

Popular Lipsticks