October 22, 2014 | 1829 users online

Moisturizers - Lumene - Vitamin C+ Pure Radiance Night Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2014 1:27:00 PM More reviews by KatieMakeupLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought a small jar from CVS to try out and I really like this product. It feels really rich on the skin and moisturizes and I can still feel the product if I leave it on overnight, sometimes I even have to wipe off my skin before I prime because this is still sitting on my skin. The smell is really nice, like citrus, and the texture is nice and creamy. Probably would not work for anyone with oily skin but it seemed to work on my normal skin. Definitely a rich-feeling cream. I have since switched to an anti-aging cream but only because this wasn't helping my forehead scowl lines.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 2:29:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

I did like this and their other products as well but my darn oily skin makes it so hard to use any product.
This is just to heavy and too much moisture for my skin type but I definitely recommend if you do not have this issue.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 11:20:00 PM More reviews by raco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Yes! I really like this night cream. The jar is small and yet it seems to last forever - I have been using this product for half a year now and still have plenty left in the jar! My only complaint is the scoop-it-out style application. I don't even want to think about the potential bacteria. With that said, I've had no issues. It's very moisturizing and thick so you do not need much. Yes, it leaves somewhat of a tacky feeling, as many Lumene products do, but for me it feels like it's "sealing" the moisture in :)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Booxig

This night cream doesnt moisturize my face at all, it even dry out my skin

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by ohdrdoctor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I just purchased the small jar from CVS and I had to write a review ASAP. This cream is lovely. It is emollient and smells wonderful. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who doesn't possess dry or dehydrated skin. It feels fabulous. I will update if I break out but as it stands, MUCH LOVE!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2014 5:32:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the sample size at CVS for $4.99 to try it out since I have never tried anything by Lumene. It is super thick so a little goes a long way. It should also be emulsified between your palms and then applied to make application smoother. I think it does a good job of moisturizing my skin. Winter time is drying to my skin and I needed something that served as a both a treatment and night cream. The vitamin C in this is pretty low but I can deal with it. Moisture is my number one priority at the moment and this suits the bill for now. This doesn't clog my pores or break me out. It has a light citrusy scent that didn't linger on my oily but sensitive skin. It is helpful to use around flaky areas of my face. My skin looks good in the morning. I have less blotchiness and dry areas. I give it a thumbs up. Update: Too heavy to use all over my face. I just concentrate on very dry areas. Still decent but will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I didn't like this night cream - the texture is waxy and just seems to sit on my skin and did not spread easily. Although it's somewhat thick it didn't moisturise my skin and my face was still dry and tight feeling. Also whem I looked at the ingredients, Lumene lists MAP (form of Vit C) all the way down, past even the preservative phenoxyethanol (which is used at max 1% concentration, per US/EU and Japan's standards) which means the MAP included in this product is about or less than 1% - minimal to practically non-existent, so I wouldn't count on seeing any actual Vitamin C related results from this product. It also lists ascorbic acid which is even further down before fragrance. Yet another issue is Vit C is sensitive to light and air, and is almost always packaged in dark vials with droppers/pump bottles and even then can go rancid. This is in a jar so I doubt the Vit C would be useful for long if at all. I do use a separate C serum so I don't mind that personally but for those looking for a Vit C product - this is not it. I just wanted a decent moisturiser that didn't make my skin react or breakout. While it didn't any irritation, I could see some clogs forming on my upper chest area (I used this on my face, neck and decolletage) and immediately stopped using this product. The clogs cleared up within a week or so after stopping.

Overall, it's just an average moisturiser, if you have drier skin and don't mind beeswax/fatty alcohols/shea in your creams - this may work well for you. If you have sensitive skin, it's probably not the best choice as it has a strong orange/citrus-y scent that lingers for a while.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by scunningham

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love it. It's a nice, light but not overly so, and feels nice on my skin. I have combo/dehydrated skin and love the moisture this provides.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 3:14:00 AM More reviews by Blondebeauty2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my first time trying any of Lumene's products. I'm pleasantly surprised and can't wait to try something else. This is a great under-eye moisturizer. I use it every night before bed. It does have some fragrance, so that's why I just focus on around my eyes w/it. It soaks into my skin nicely, not sticky or tacky at all. Just a great product.. I only picked this up because I'm starting to get fine lines/wrinkles around the eye area and those wrinkles tend to be very dry. I was having a hard time finding something that would heal and prevent that dry skin around my eyes..but after using this for not even a week, my eyes are finally back to normal no dry flaky skin! Thank goodness, I'm 30 & was looking much, much older in the eyes. Also, I'm not absolutely positive but I think my under-eyes actually aren't as dark too. I see such a difference, I look young & healthy again. I truly recommend this night moisturizer/cream. Oh, and it was only $3.99 at cvs for a small container, the container looks tiny but this will last me six good months. Great buy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by hoodoo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm loving this! Very minimal barely detectable citrus-y fragrance, elegant formulation. If you've used vitamin C products and are familiar with their effects, you'll like this one.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No