L'Oreal Oleo Therapy Perfecting Oil Essence

3.6

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Parfum/Fragrance, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Argania Spinosa Oil/Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Cocos Nucifera Oil/Coconut Oil, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Chamomilla Recutita Extract/Matricaria Flower Extract, Isoeugenol, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract, Rosa Canina Flower Extract, Linalool, Nelumbium Speciosum Extract/Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract, Linum Usitatissimum Flower Extract, Carrot Oil/Beta-carotene

on 3/14/2015 10:13:00 PM

I got a sample of the Bumble & Bumble hairdressing oil from Sephora and immediately fell in love, but it was way, way out of my price range. While searching for a cheaper alternative, I found this. Pros: there's a ton of product and it lasts forever. I have long (mid-back) super-thick, coarse, dry, wavy/curly hair. Usually I have to double or even triple the amount recommended in the instructions to see any effect. Not with this. You have to use it very sparingly or you will get greasy weighed-down hair. It makes my hair soft and a little more manageable, though it doesn't seem to have a lasting effect on frizz. The bottle is nice and solid. Cons: Oh my word, the smell. It's kind of a floral-ly scent, and it doesn't go away. If you like the fragrance, you'll be delighted. If you don't--and I can't stand it--you're not going to be able to use this stuff, no matter how good it is. I only hang on to it because I hate to waste money and this is expensive stuff for a drugstore product. I'm trying to coax my daughter into taking it off my hands.

on 1/11/2015 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have long, medium fine hair, and lots of it. And recently my hair has been less manageable and frizzier with my previous hair products (Pureology), so I decided to switch to L'Oreal's Oleo Therapy line and I am loving this line a lot. I am using the shampoo, and alternating conditioner, deep recovery mask, hot oil and, as a final step in my routine, I am adding two pumps of this Perfecting Oil Essence. The locking pump on the glass bottle works very well, the scent of the whole line is soft and pleasant and it does not linger, and the result is soft, manageable, shiny and non-frizzy hair.
All around great product of a very good line at a reasonable price point. I have used this essence for 3 months and I'm halfway through the bottle, and I will definitely repurchase.

on 12/18/2014 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This oil is alright. It doesn't really do much for my hair in the long run, but when first applied it makes it really soft and shiny. Unfortunately, that only lasts about half an hour or so. It smells divine and the packaging is really great, although a bit heavy. The pump easily locks so you can travel with it without it getting everywhere. All in all, this product isn't anything great, but it's good if you are on a budget. My hair is very long (lower back/butt area), thick, and curly for reference.

on 11/18/2014 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Makes my hair look somewhat healthier and smooths fairly well. The directions say use 1-2 pumps in damp hair. I have shoulder length, fine, wavy, dry, over-processesed hair and I use 3 pumps, I think I will try 4 next time, and I hope I get a little better results, as I am fairly pleased with this product, my hair is still left looking a little dry and frizzy, although not as much as when I do not use the oil. It also has a wonderful scent.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After recent hair coloring, an overly piecey haircut combined with the humid October weather, my hair is frizzy and unmanageable. I was looking for a miracle and hoped that this L'Oreal Oleo Therapy Perfecting Oil Essence product would save me after reading so many positive reviews on-line. I applied two pumps of this product on my hair. At first, it seemed like my frizziness was tamed. But minutes after application, the frizziness reappeared except this time with a perfumed greasy cooking oil scent. I felt nauseated by this scent that lingered for hours. I really wanted to love this product but it just didn't work for me. I returned this product, It didn't do anything for me and I can't stand the scent.

on 10/13/2014 6:21:00 PM

This product does nothing to my long, fine and wavy hair. Pretty much the same for all line. Bought it, because of the nice scent and kinda hoped that it'll do good to my hair too. Nope. Not at all after a few month. Using it as a hair deodorant.

on 10/11/2014 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Really loving this serum. I can't believe how good this is at only $12 a pop! It smells divine and comes in a nice glass bottle. I use this right after I've flat ironed. It's pretty much like the icing on the cake. It smooths everything out and adds the perfect amount of moisture, shine, and weight. Also makes your hair smell great. I don't use it on my curls due to the cones pulling out the natural spring but if you straighten, I'd highly recommend.

on 10/9/2014 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Call me lazy i dont reach for it because this bottle is to damn heavy!! Yes it looks nice but not convenient. I find this greasy, smelly, and heavy in every way.

on 8/16/2014 9:40:00 AM

Bought this to replace the Morrocan oil that started this hair oil craze. I got a huge amount of product and it works just as well as the overpriced alternatives. Btw, my hair is thick and fine and I only use a tiny dab of this stuff but it is very necessary for me to use because I highlight my hair.

on 8/16/2014 6:14:00 AM

I purchased this for $12.99.Walgreens.
I have to say it works great for me.I used to use Biosilk serum for years..last couple of years it seems like they changed the product, it just seem to sit on my hair and weight it down and the price is getting higher. I have colored med fine hair, my hair drys out so fast. I put 2 pumps on my wet hair and blow dry my bob. I was amazed my hair comes out soft and shiny (it really does seem to wor better with heat as stated in other reviews) and I do have to emphasize on shiny. I may use a touch on my hair after blow drying it. It does smell nice. I have tried alot of these type of products most seem greasy and just sit on my top of my hair. I do give the bottle a shake or two. Oil can seperate alittle even though you can't see it. I do find it works better when I shake it. Wish it wasn't in glass. I purchased the other Loreal oil for my hair and that did not work well, I found myself using alot of it in one use. That one is going back to the store. I also was using Its a 10 leave in mircle product that everyone raves about. It did not work that well for me .
Just alittle tip... once a week I use Sauve clarifying shampoo just to avoil build of of styling products. I find this works well for me..