July 25, 2014 | 1573 users online

Styling Products - L'Oreal - Oleo Therapy Perfecting Oil Essence

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by april1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

If this rating was just for smell, I'd give it a 5. It smells intoxicating. However, it's a junk product. Well, junk for someone with hair that's fine but uber thick, color-treated and naturally wavy/curly.

I got on the bandwagon by getting a sample in a magazine and falling in love with the smell. I guess the sample was really enough product for me to tell if it really worked, so with some CVS bucks burning a hole in my pocket, I made the purchase.

Much like the freebie Garnier Moroccan Oil I had, I tried this every which way. In wet hair, in dry hair and a few squirts in my conditioner in the shower. No bueno. My hair still has a layer of frizz and feels dry.

So, I'm giving it two lippies: 1 for the great smell and another because I can use this to coat my hair before I surf to reduce damage from saltwater. So all is not lost, but I won't buy it again after this bottle runs out.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2014 8:19:00 AM More reviews by monka191

I love the colour and i like the smell. But ive tried it for quite a bit of a time, and i did not see any results. Id rather prefer using oils from asian shops than this. Another thing is that loreal is completely overcharging for this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2014 8:30:00 PM More reviews by JCS772

Beautiful packaging and nice scent but that's where the positivity ends for me. I found this remarkably drying. I used it for 3-plus weeks along with the shampoo and mask, abandoning my regular Enjoy brand "Luxury" shampoo and conditioner and Chi silk. Not good. I have strong shoulder-length hair that is colored but well maintained. It is not fragile and has responded well to other drug store products. I had to get a deep conditioning treatment from my salon, buy a high-end mask and get my hair trimmed to remove damage. Hard-headed person that I am, I tried the oil alone a few more times and continued to get sub-par results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2014 9:04:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

have been looking for a good, nourishing oil for my hair which won't weigh it down or make it look and feel super greasy. I have tried many pure oils, coconut, argan, macadamia, etc and none of them were wearable during the day, and even wearing them to bed at night was uncomfortable due to the greasiness and transfer. have fine, thin, color-treated hair that is blow dried and ironed on a daily basis. I have had great luck with the oleo shampoo as well as l'oreal's advanced haircare line, so when I saw this oil on sale and figured I would give it a shot. I'm really glad I tried this, it is exactly what I was looking for. First of all, the scent of this oil is heavenly, I really liking the L'Oreal extraordinary oil but the smell kills it for me. This on the other hand is lovely, like a fresh flower garden. A light coating adds shine and smoothness without weighing it down, so I can use this during the day to smooth dry ends or as a heat protectant (if you have fine hair like me using a very small amount is recommended). At night I can slather this on as a deep treatment without it being so greasy that it leaves marks on my pillow cases. Definitely a great product for me, I will be repurchasing for sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

My hair is awful lately. Not sure why exactly, but I'm gonna blame it on the polar vortex. (9-11 didn't exactly help. but that's an arrested development problem...)

Anyway. I've sworn by the kerastse oleo relax serum for a very long time. I didnt think a drugstore product could reproduce its effects, but I'll be damned if this one didn't manage it at 1/4 of the cost, and in a nicer bottle to boot! I held off on this review for awhile--but seriously--this is the bizness.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 11:55:00 AM More reviews by jalyne8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best hair oil I have ever used. The OLEO serum is excellent for getting the tangles out of your hair while providing smoothness and shine. It has a scent of pretty wild flowers. If you like Oleo from Kerastase , you will love Oleo from L'oreal. (who also makes Kerastase but at a fraction of the price.)The formula is neither to thin or too thick. It doesnt weigh your hair down and I would say its perfect for medium to thick hair. Highly recommend!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

Long story short- this was very drying and made my hair less manageable, not more.
This is a little pricey for a drugstore product, it's 12.99 for a 3.4oz/100ml bottle. I do want to say that the packaging is a gorgeous heavy glass bottle- I guess that's where all my money went because this is a subpar product that I won't buy again.
I tried it on wet hair and on dry hair, i found it to be pleasant-smelling and lightweight. It did help to smooth out the frizzies but ultimately it dried my hair out so much that I know this isn't for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by twocents

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was hoping this would be like the old discontinued smoothing serum, but I was wrong. It really didn't do anything to control frizz or provide smoothness. I liked the scent, though :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 8:55:00 PM More reviews by adara260

Bought this on a whim. I need a hair oil that would moisturize and smooth my frizz. My hair is tremendously dry right now due to multiple colorings, daily shampooing/washing with a volumizing shampoo etc.

I agree with another reviewer that this product does make your hair incredibly soft, but its not that great at controlling frizz. I've used this product on wet and dry hair and it doesn't seem to really smooth as well as other products. My hair is much more moisturized and soft after using this product. This product isn't overly oily, it does seem to sink in right away.

Overall: I would buy this product again because the price is fair, the bottle is hygenic (switch lock pump with glass bottle), the smell is DIVINE, and it does moisturize really well without weighing my hair down.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by bmw4409

I've tried many different products and methods over the years in order to successfully air dry my thin, wavy hair. when i blow dry, or use hot tools my hair straightens out very easliy, but when air dried its always puffy and frizzy. this is the first serum that actually lets me air dry my hair, and it looks nice and frizz free! when used while blow drying it leaves my hair silky and smooth as well. i was considering trying out kerastase, but was hesitant to spend $50+ on a hair product, so when i saw this i thought it was worth a shot. i'm so glad i tried it out, i really love this serum. i think it has a nice soft smell, not at all overwhelming, and not greasy.