December 22, 2014 | 1611 users online

Styling Products - L'Oreal - Oleo Therapy Perfecting Oil Essence

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by snaket0ngue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

This oil is alright. It doesn't really do much for my hair in the long run, but when first applied it makes it really soft and shiny. Unfortunately, that only lasts about half an hour or so. It smells divine and the packaging is really great, although a bit heavy. The pump easily locks so you can travel with it without it getting everywhere. All in all, this product isn't anything great, but it's good if you are on a budget.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2014 8:59:00 AM More reviews by judy46970

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Makes my hair look somewhat healthier and smooths fairly well. The directions say use 1-2 pumps in damp hair. I have shoulder length, fine, wavy, dry, over-processesed hair and I use 3 pumps, I think I will try 4 next time, and I hope I get a little better results, as I am fairly pleased with this product, my hair is still left looking a little dry and frizzy, although not as much as when I do not use the oil. It also has a wonderful scent.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2014 5:13:00 AM More reviews by ultrasensitive888

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After recent hair coloring, an overly piecey haircut combined with the humid October weather, my hair is frizzy and unmanageable. I was looking for a miracle and hoped that this L'Oreal Oleo Therapy Perfecting Oil Essence product would save me after reading so many positive reviews on-line. I applied two pumps of this product on my hair. At first, it seemed like my frizziness was tamed. But minutes after application, the frizziness reappeared except this time with a perfumed greasy cooking oil scent. I felt nauseated by this scent that lingered for hours. I really wanted to love this product but it just didn't work for me. I returned this product, It didn't do anything for me and I can't stand the scent.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by AtomicLeda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product does nothing to my long, fine and wavy hair. Pretty much the same for all line. Bought it, because of the nice scent and kinda hoped that it'll do good to my hair too. Nope. Not at all after a few month. Using it as a hair deodorant.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2014 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

Really loving this serum. I can't believe how good this is at only $12 a pop! It smells divine and comes in a nice glass bottle. I use this right after I've flat ironed. It's pretty much like the icing on the cake. It smooths everything out and adds the perfect amount of moisture, shine, and weight. Also makes your hair smell great. I don't use it on my curls due to the cones pulling out the natural spring but if you straighten, I'd highly recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2014 10:22:00 AM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Call me lazy i dont reach for it because this bottle is to damn heavy!! Yes it looks nice but not convenient. I find this greasy, smelly, and heavy in every way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2014 9:40:00 AM More reviews by Sammy311

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Bought this to replace the Morrocan oil that started this hair oil craze. I got a huge amount of product and it works just as well as the overpriced alternatives. Btw, my hair is thick and fine and I only use a tiny dab of this stuff but it is very necessary for me to use because I highlight my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 6:14:00 AM More reviews by bonton

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this for $12.99.Walgreens.
I have to say it works great for me.I used to use Biosilk serum for years..last couple of years it seems like they changed the product, it just seem to sit on my hair and weight it down and the price is getting higher. I have colored med fine hair, my hair drys out so fast. I put 2 pumps on my wet hair and blow dry my bob. I was amazed my hair comes out soft and shiny (it really does seem to wor better with heat as stated in other reviews) and I do have to emphasize on shiny. I may use a touch on my hair after blow drying it. It does smell nice. I have tried alot of these type of products most seem greasy and just sit on my top of my hair. I do give the bottle a shake or two. Oil can seperate alittle even though you can't see it. I do find it works better when I shake it. Wish it wasn't in glass. I purchased the other Loreal oil for my hair and that did not work well, I found myself using alot of it in one use. That one is going back to the store. I also was using Its a 10 leave in mircle product that everyone raves about. It did not work that well for me .
Just alittle tip... once a week I use Sauve clarifying shampoo just to avoil build of of styling products. I find this works well for me..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2014 1:38:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I totally agree with the review by tricyclesinskirts below - I've used Kerastase Oleo-Relax for years. And this gives me the same results but the bottle is prettier (heavier glass versus Kerastase's plastic pump bottle), it's cheaper (about $10-13ish USD, and the scent is unbelievable. I cannot stop smelling my hair it is sooo good!! Plus L'Oreal owns Kerastase. . .and the ingredients are somewhat similar (cyclops, dimethicone) but L'Oreal has added some other oils (argan) whereas Kerastase has not. The texture (slippery, not super lightweight but not heavy at all either) is similar, both are very silky, and a little goes a long way. I use about 2 pumps for my hair, which is several inches past bra-strap length - so if you have shorter hair you won't need much.

My hair is straight, medium-thick and in pretty good shape so not frizzy or very problematic in any way. However, it is also coloured-treated, bleached, quite long, you name it - and this really protects it from heat styling damage, wind/extreme weather, prevents tangling and split ends. Leaves my hair super silky but not weighed down, and unlike using for example an actual oil (argan, coconut etc), my hair feels clean and bouncey instead of oily or flat. I can go about my day without that "residue" feeling.

Did I mention it smells really good?? I love the scent so much I want to track down the rest of the line now!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by april1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

If this rating was just for smell, I'd give it a 5. It smells intoxicating. However, it's a junk product. Well, junk for someone with hair that's fine but uber thick, color-treated and naturally wavy/curly.

I got on the bandwagon by getting a sample in a magazine and falling in love with the smell. I guess the sample was really enough product for me to tell if it really worked, so with some CVS bucks burning a hole in my pocket, I made the purchase.

Much like the freebie Garnier Moroccan Oil I had, I tried this every which way. In wet hair, in dry hair and a few squirts in my conditioner in the shower. No bueno. My hair still has a layer of frizz and feels dry.

So, I'm giving it two lippies: 1 for the great smell and another because I can use this to coat my hair before I surf to reduce damage from saltwater. So all is not lost, but I won't buy it again after this bottle runs out.