September 30, 2014 | 1703 users online

Styling Products - L'Oreal - Oleo Therapy Perfecting Oil Essence

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2014 9:40:00 AM More reviews by Sammy311

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Bought this to replace the Morrocan oil that started this hair oil craze. I got a huge amount of product and it works just as well as the overpriced alternatives. Btw, my hair is thick and fine and I only use a tiny dab of this stuff but it is very necessary for me to use because I highlight my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 6:14:00 AM More reviews by bonton

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this for $12.99.Walgreens.
I have to say it works great for me.I used to use Biosilk serum for years..last couple of years it seems like they changed the product, it just seem to sit on my hair and weight it down and the price is getting higher. I have colored med fine hair, my hair drys out so fast. I put 2 pumps on my wet hair and blow dry my bob. I was amazed my hair comes out soft and shiny (it really does seem to wor better with heat as stated in other reviews) and I do have to emphasize on shiny. I may use a touch on my hair after blow drying it. It does smell nice. I have tried alot of these type of products most seem greasy and just sit on my top of my hair. I do give the bottle a shake or two. Oil can seperate alittle even though you can't see it. I do find it works better when I shake it. Wish it wasn't in glass. I purchased the other Loreal oil for my hair and that did not work well, I found myself using alot of it in one use. That one is going back to the store. I also was using Its a 10 leave in mircle product that everyone raves about. It did not work that well for me .
Just alittle tip... once a week I use Sauve clarifying shampoo just to avoil build of of styling products. I find this works well for me..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2014 1:38:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I totally agree with the review by tricyclesinskirts below - I've used Kerastase Oleo-Relax for years. And this gives me the same results but the bottle is prettier (heavier glass versus Kerastase's plastic pump bottle), it's cheaper (about $10-13ish USD, and the scent is unbelievable. I cannot stop smelling my hair it is sooo good!! Plus L'Oreal owns Kerastase. . .and the ingredients are somewhat similar (cyclops, dimethicone) but L'Oreal has added some other oils (argan) whereas Kerastase has not. The texture (slippery, not super lightweight but not heavy at all either) is similar, both are very silky, and a little goes a long way. I use about 2 pumps for my hair, which is several inches past bra-strap length - so if you have shorter hair you won't need much.

My hair is straight, medium-thick and in pretty good shape so not frizzy or very problematic in any way. However, it is also coloured-treated, bleached, quite long, you name it - and this really protects it from heat styling damage, wind/extreme weather, prevents tangling and split ends. Leaves my hair super silky but not weighed down, and unlike using for example an actual oil (argan, coconut etc), my hair feels clean and bouncey instead of oily or flat. I can go about my day without that "residue" feeling.

Did I mention it smells really good?? I love the scent so much I want to track down the rest of the line now!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by april1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

If this rating was just for smell, I'd give it a 5. It smells intoxicating. However, it's a junk product. Well, junk for someone with hair that's fine but uber thick, color-treated and naturally wavy/curly.

I got on the bandwagon by getting a sample in a magazine and falling in love with the smell. I guess the sample was really enough product for me to tell if it really worked, so with some CVS bucks burning a hole in my pocket, I made the purchase.

Much like the freebie Garnier Moroccan Oil I had, I tried this every which way. In wet hair, in dry hair and a few squirts in my conditioner in the shower. No bueno. My hair still has a layer of frizz and feels dry.

So, I'm giving it two lippies: 1 for the great smell and another because I can use this to coat my hair before I surf to reduce damage from saltwater. So all is not lost, but I won't buy it again after this bottle runs out.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2014 8:19:00 AM More reviews by monka191

I love the colour and i like the smell. But ive tried it for quite a bit of a time, and i did not see any results. Id rather prefer using oils from asian shops than this. Another thing is that loreal is completely overcharging for this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2014 8:30:00 PM More reviews by JCS772

Beautiful packaging and nice scent but that's where the positivity ends for me. I found this remarkably drying. I used it for 3-plus weeks along with the shampoo and mask, abandoning my regular Enjoy brand "Luxury" shampoo and conditioner and Chi silk. Not good. I have strong shoulder-length hair that is colored but well maintained. It is not fragile and has responded well to other drug store products. I had to get a deep conditioning treatment from my salon, buy a high-end mask and get my hair trimmed to remove damage. Hard-headed person that I am, I tried the oil alone a few more times and continued to get sub-par results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2014 9:04:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

have been looking for a good, nourishing oil for my hair which won't weigh it down or make it look and feel super greasy. I have tried many pure oils, coconut, argan, macadamia, etc and none of them were wearable during the day, and even wearing them to bed at night was uncomfortable due to the greasiness and transfer. have fine, thin, color-treated hair that is blow dried and ironed on a daily basis. I have had great luck with the oleo shampoo as well as l'oreal's advanced haircare line, so when I saw this oil on sale and figured I would give it a shot. I'm really glad I tried this, it is exactly what I was looking for. First of all, the scent of this oil is heavenly, I really liking the L'Oreal extraordinary oil but the smell kills it for me. This on the other hand is lovely, like a fresh flower garden. A light coating adds shine and smoothness without weighing it down, so I can use this during the day to smooth dry ends or as a heat protectant (if you have fine hair like me using a very small amount is recommended). At night I can slather this on as a deep treatment without it being so greasy that it leaves marks on my pillow cases. Definitely a great product for me, I will be repurchasing for sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

My hair is awful lately. Not sure why exactly, but I'm gonna blame it on the polar vortex. (9-11 didn't exactly help. but that's an arrested development problem...)

Anyway. I've sworn by the kerastse oleo relax serum for a very long time. I didnt think a drugstore product could reproduce its effects, but I'll be damned if this one didn't manage it at 1/4 of the cost, and in a nicer bottle to boot! I held off on this review for awhile--but seriously--this is the bizness.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 11:55:00 AM More reviews by jalyne8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best hair oil I have ever used. The OLEO serum is excellent for getting the tangles out of your hair while providing smoothness and shine. It has a scent of pretty wild flowers. If you like Oleo from Kerastase , you will love Oleo from L'oreal. (who also makes Kerastase but at a fraction of the price.)The formula is neither to thin or too thick. It doesnt weigh your hair down and I would say its perfect for medium to thick hair. Highly recommend!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

Long story short- this was very drying and made my hair less manageable, not more.
This is a little pricey for a drugstore product, it's 12.99 for a 3.4oz/100ml bottle. I do want to say that the packaging is a gorgeous heavy glass bottle- I guess that's where all my money went because this is a subpar product that I won't buy again.
I tried it on wet hair and on dry hair, i found it to be pleasant-smelling and lightweight. It did help to smooth out the frizzies but ultimately it dried my hair out so much that I know this isn't for me.