April 18, 2014 | 926 users online

Styling Products - L'Oreal - Oleo Therapy Perfecting Oil Essence

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

My hair is awful lately. Not sure why exactly, but I'm gonna blame it on the polar vortex. (9-11 didn't exactly help. but that's an arrested development problem...)

Anyway. I've sworn by the kerastse oleo relax serum for a very long time. I didnt think a drugstore product could reproduce its effects, but I'll be damned if this one didn't manage it at 1/4 of the cost, and in a nicer bottle to boot! I held off on this review for awhile--but seriously--this is the bizness.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 11:55:00 AM More reviews by jalyne8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best hair oil I have ever used. The OLEO serum is excellent for getting the tangles out of your hair while providing smoothness and shine. It has a scent of pretty wild flowers. If you like Oleo from Kerastase , you will love Oleo from L'oreal. (who also makes Kerastase but at a fraction of the price.)The formula is neither to thin or too thick. It doesnt weigh your hair down and I would say its perfect for medium to thick hair. Highly recommend!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

Long story short- this was very drying and made my hair less manageable, not more.
This is a little pricey for a drugstore product, it's 12.99 for a 3.4oz/100ml bottle. I do want to say that the packaging is a gorgeous heavy glass bottle- I guess that's where all my money went because this is a subpar product that I won't buy again.
I tried it on wet hair and on dry hair, i found it to be pleasant-smelling and lightweight. It did help to smooth out the frizzies but ultimately it dried my hair out so much that I know this isn't for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by twocents

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was hoping this would be like the old discontinued smoothing serum, but I was wrong. It really didn't do anything to control frizz or provide smoothness. I liked the scent, though :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 8:55:00 PM More reviews by adara260

Bought this on a whim. I need a hair oil that would moisturize and smooth my frizz. My hair is tremendously dry right now due to multiple colorings, daily shampooing/washing with a volumizing shampoo etc.

I agree with another reviewer that this product does make your hair incredibly soft, but its not that great at controlling frizz. I've used this product on wet and dry hair and it doesn't seem to really smooth as well as other products. My hair is much more moisturized and soft after using this product. This product isn't overly oily, it does seem to sink in right away.

Overall: I would buy this product again because the price is fair, the bottle is hygenic (switch lock pump with glass bottle), the smell is DIVINE, and it does moisturize really well without weighing my hair down.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by bmw4409

I've tried many different products and methods over the years in order to successfully air dry my thin, wavy hair. when i blow dry, or use hot tools my hair straightens out very easliy, but when air dried its always puffy and frizzy. this is the first serum that actually lets me air dry my hair, and it looks nice and frizz free! when used while blow drying it leaves my hair silky and smooth as well. i was considering trying out kerastase, but was hesitant to spend $50+ on a hair product, so when i saw this i thought it was worth a shot. i'm so glad i tried it out, i really love this serum. i think it has a nice soft smell, not at all overwhelming, and not greasy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2014 11:41:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

This comes in a glass pump bottle and is non-greasy. It did a wonderful job of softening my hair and it helped with puffiness. It works better for me when I heat style. My hair came out very shiny and soft when I flat-ironed with it and it has a pleasant scent. For casual days, it doesn't help with surface frizz too much for me, especially in low dews. It does pair well with some of my stylers, in particular my cream based ones. I can see this being perfect to use in the summer for me as it isn't too heavy and it doesn't pull out too much curl. It seems very concentrated so you only need to use a small amount. I like to keep it focused on my ends to keep them hydrated and soft. This is the third product I have tried from the Oleo Therapy line and so far I really like them. Still on the hunt for the self-heating oil treatment now but it is always out of stock where I live. This stuff is also a bit pricier than other drugstore serums but check out Ulta, Target, or CVS for good sales.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by shygirluv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

light on hair, good on scent like flowers. made my hair smooth. was not oily in my hand.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Olinda73

I got this on a whim today and I am so happy I did!

I never write reviews but this just has to be shared. If you guys are familiar with kerastase, who by the way also makes loreal, this product is exactly like the kerastase oleo oil and a bit like the elixir ultime. :) This made me so happy because I had just bought the chroma riche masque and maquinintense by Kerastase because my hair has been dry, dull, and lifeless probably due to so much hair dye.

Anyway I plopped down 120 dollars and the products worked but I still needed something for before blow drying because blow drying zaps all my moisture I had just gained from the masques, making them utterly useless to me unless I air dry my hair, and seeing as its been in the teens here in Dallas, it's far too cold for me to go out with wet hair.

This oil is so light, smells very pretty, and makes my hair INSTANTLY soft and silky!!! Love love love!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Dreamer731

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

"Oleo Therapy" Perfecting Oil Essence is the same as L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil. It comes in the same shaped glass bottle and contains the 6 flower oil and has the same exact ingredients. I love this oil it's very light and non-greasy.I use this mainly before blow drying and then I smooth a small amount on my dry hair for extra shine. This oil smells very nice like a high end salon product. So if anyone is wondering this is the same product that L'Oreal markets as Elvive overseas. Great product L'Oreal!