November 23, 2014 | 867 users online

Eye Shadow - Too Faced - Joy to the Girls

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2014 8:19:00 AM More reviews by HeidiDriesen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This eye shadow pallet LOOKED great, but ow my, what a dissapointment!
Most colours are, in my opinion, not wearable, and without primer they seem to disapear the moment it goes on the lid...
For that kind of money you can buy some really nice pallets, this however is a waist of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 7:08:00 AM More reviews by Trilliana01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this palette - when you hit 30 you need your mattes and there are some really usable shades in this palette. One third of the shades are matte and two thirds shiny. There is fallout, if you don't use a primer, as the first reviewer wrote. Not as much fallout as with the Urban Decay palettes - with this palette you don't need to use a business card while applying :) (holding the business card under the eye as you apply, to avoid fallout all over the cheeks)
I can use most of the shades and find new combinations every day - I can even use the pink ones without issues (it doesn't look like bruising, like most pink eyeshades do on me)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by MariahB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I purchased this online from Sephora. Online, it looked AMAZING! When I opened the palette after 3 weeks of excitedly waiting, I was disappointed. I guess that's on me though, it is risky purchasing a palette without seeing it in person (oh well, live and learn - right?).

This palette has both sparkly and matte shadows. Colours range from purples/pinks/blue, metallics, black....I am not a fan of matte shadows whatsoever - blah. This palette also came with a mascara "Too Faced LashGASM", which is AMAZING.

Problem #1 - the colours on this palette, they are very hit or miss. Mostly miss. There are a few that I absolutely LOVE (cookie dough, cheers, too too, joy, chimney). There are a few that are just "yuck" (twinkle, yule log). I appreciate the whole "holiday effect" but I think its such a fail. This is all my fault though....Since I didn't actually try it out in person.

Problem #2 - much like my other Too Faced palette (review to follow), I find that these eyeshadows ABSOLUTELY NEED PRIMER! When I first used them, I found that the eyeshadow literally fell off my eyelids when I applied it. I would end up with pigmented dust all under my eyes (no, I am not using too much and over applying). After being fed up, I tried the primer - WOAH what a difference. 100x better.

So with 1 out of the 2 problems solved, my review comes down to the colours in this palette suck. Just not for me, I do slightly regret buying it.